AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-23, 10:45   Link #661
kari-no-sugata

Hmm. Let's say for the sake of argument that Gon's actions means that he won't be able to contribute to the war effort anymore - ie is out of action for the rest of the story arc. If so, then what is Killua going to do - stay with Gon to protect him, or return to the action...?
Old 2010-04-23, 11:24   Link #662
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

What can Killua contribute? It's not like he can break down his cells to feed Gon. If Novu is still around, he could bring Gon to the Room.

Well, Pitou is out of the equation, or at least he won't be able to be a bother anymore. Yupi and Pufu has been severely depowered due to them giving up much of their powers to the King, Killua would probably have no problem beating one as they are now. Same with Knuckle.

The only problem is the King.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 11:49   Link #663
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
What can Killua contribute? It's not like he can break down his cells to feed Gon. If Novu is still around, he could bring Gon to the Room.

Well, Pitou is out of the equation, or at least he won't be able to be a bother anymore. Yupi and Pufu has been severely depowered due to them giving up much of their powers to the King, Killua would probably have no problem beating one as they are now. Same with Knuckle.

The only problem is the King.
If Gon's Mazoku state can last long enough, he and Killua might stand a chance against Meruem now.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 11:55   Link #664
Cinocard

What's the most important thing that I get out of this chapter?

"He has forcibly grown, to an age where he can defeat me."

It means that if Gons matures, he can at least stand against the three royal guards. Which means his father, and the top power level chart for the future arcs are likely to be that of the king.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 14:08   Link #665
Wrath88
Kissing...

They have two possible cards against the King. One is Komugi obviously, two isn't exactly confirmed yet, but the King's reaction to feeding off Yupi and Pouf seems like it might have made him REALLY hungry for Nen. He could end up feeding off the growing soldiers in the palace.
Old 2010-04-23, 16:21   Link #666
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
When Bisque's large form was introduced she said it was her "original" body/size. That is, the petite Bisque is the "fake" one - the opposite of what Gon's just done.
If Gon's current state is not temporary, and if he can somehow convert back to his original size, it would be similar to what Bisque is experiencing. Though, at this point, I cannot tell which will be the original and which will be the nen-triggered state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Pufu might be out too, if the small body Killua got rid of was his original body.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 01:44   Link #667
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Pufu might be out too, if the small body Killua got rid of was his original body.
The original is with the King, as already stated in the previous chapters. I doubt Pufu is careless enough as to risk death.
Old 2010-04-24, 07:22   Link #668
Cipher

I only hope Gon fights Mereum, powered or not. Chances are slim though.Confident predictions made by character in-story are usually correct.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 12:03   Link #669
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Wow, imagine if Gon had his fishing rod! I've recently caught up on this manga, and have really been enjoying. And luckily, have managed to avoid any hiatus frustration given my slowpokeness (for now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
What's the most important thing that I get out of this chapter?

"He has forcibly grown, to an age where he can defeat me."

It means that if Gons matures, he can at least stand against the three royal guards. Which means his father, and the top power level chart for the future arcs are likely to be that of the king.
Gon trashed Pitou though, it's hard to see even the king matching him in his current state, which clearly wasn't meant to last, hence Pitou's relief that she was the one who suffered it and not the king.

I'd say there are nen users out there stronger than the king; Jin was described as the "greatest hunter in the world" and "in the top 5 nen users", so he may not even be the strongest.

Netero said it's been half a century since he was known as the strongest, and he also hinted his strength has dropped to nearly half of what it was. Maybe he was exaggerting, but if you doubled up Netero and pitched him against the king, you might fancy his chances.

It's interesting, because it still allows for future arcs to have even stronger foes than the king. Which would make sense to me because given the foreshadowing, Hisoka vs Gon will probably be the last battle in Hunter x Hunter.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 15:25   Link #670
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
We have to consider, that all the things, that Pitou says are just his personal assumptions. And the Ants aren't really the ultimate experts on Nen and how it works, since they are still very young and learned everything they know from the humans.
He probably assumes that Gon is using some kind of condition-based Nen, like Kurapika's and his conclusion is, that such a powerful result must have a very strong condition like never using Nen again.
Indeed. This is partly why I said "Let's say for the sake of argument that Gon's actions means that he won't be able to contribute to the war effort anymore" in my previous post, rather than presenting arguments for/against it - we don't really know what Gon has done. We only have Pitou's assumptions, backed by some visuals, as to what's happened.

I think it's a bit clearer in the original Japanese. Pitou definitely says "I don't know how (by what method)" when referring to how Gon has forced himself to age/mature. btw, the text kinda implies this is how Gon would look as an adult - his build is certainly that of an adult. Rather than being a "power up" it's more like Gon has simply optimised the age of his body and is fighting with the power/speed of an adult Gon. Putting it another way, if we'd waited until Gon was naturally an adult (20 years old, say) then he'd be at least this strong (probably a lot more since his Nen abilities would have had a lot longer to grow).

Pitou thinks that only by a super-extreme condition such as "I won't ever use Nen again" could Gon have achieved this. However, does Pitou know about using multiple conditions? Gon has been totally gung-ho on dragging Pitou back to help Kaito that he might have created some kind of multi-point condition in advance, possibly involving Pitou lying.

Still... whenever we've had characters using a temporary super power-up in the past, it's tended to have a heavy cost afterwards.
Old 2010-04-25, 16:36   Link #671
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi
Gon trashed Pitou though, it's hard to see even the king matching him in his current state, which clearly wasn't meant to last, hence Pitou's relief that she was the one who suffered it and not the king.
Agree that Gon trashed Pitou, but I think the King has always been able to do it any time of the day (not only because he's the "king)". It's of course, not confirmed, but I have always got that vibe from him.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 19:20   Link #672
Wrath88
Kissing...

Hmm, Nen is an extremely random area. I'm going by the assumption that the act of making a 'condition' for an ability tempers the user's 'determination', kind of like compressing air for a burst, and that feeling carries over into the ability and makes it stronger. So given how Gon's emotional state was rather dark and single-focused, it is likely that his current form won't have that much of a negative side-effect later.
Old 2010-04-26, 03:23   Link #673
Cipher

It's safe to assume that this isn't Gon's trick, I don't think he's the scheming sort.
Old 2010-04-26, 23:16   Link #674
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Am I the only one? Gon's transformation reminds me more of what his one-time teacher on adventure island used. The "small girl" that transforms into a muscle bound freak when forced to get serious. Might just be some secret technique he learnt from her.

One other possibility is that Gon is Jin. Just that he was shrunk into a kid and lost his memories. Could be either self-inflicted for whatever reason or some sort of curse. Think the rose/plant user in Yu Yu Hakusho
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 00:08   Link #675
Wrath88
Kissing...

If the latter one was true, we wouldn't have seen a shot of Gin when his tape was playing for Gon, neither would we have heard about Kaito finding Gin in between the time Gon met him for the first time and the second time they met.
Old 2010-04-28, 06:40   Link #676
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Am I the only one? Gon's transformation reminds me more of what his one-time teacher on adventure island used. The "small girl" that transforms into a muscle bound freak when forced to get serious. Might just be some secret technique he learnt from her.
Whoa! I never thought of that. That could in fact be very possible. And Gon has improved a lot since Greed Island. It wouldn't surprise me that he's now reached that stage where he can unlock new abilities. Still, that he was able to reach that level at such a young age when his teacher took many, many years to do so (remember that she is in fact very old). Then again, it may be another thing similar to Yu Yu Hakusho, where Yusuke was able to surpass Genkai and defeat Toguro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
One other possibility is that Gon is Jin. Just that he was shrunk into a kid and lost his memories. Could be either self-inflicted for whatever reason or some sort of curse. Think the rose/plant user in Yu Yu Hakusho
Extremely unlikely. As Wrath said, we wouldn't have gotten a shot of Gin if the one who killed Pitou is Gin himself. And we would never have known from Kaito that he found Gin in the end.
Old 2010-04-28, 06:45   Link #677
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Whoa! I never thought of that. That could in fact be very possible. And Gon has improved a lot since Greed Island. It wouldn't surprise me that he's now reached that stage where he can unlock new abilities. Still, that he was able to reach that level at such a young age when his teacher took many, many years to do so (remember that she is in fact very old). Then again, it may be another thing similar to Yu Yu Hakusho, where Yusuke was able to surpass Genkai and defeat Toguro.
Remember that Gon has not seen that technique, and Killua, who has, was told not to tell him. Besides, as stated somewhere earlier in this thread, Biske's huge form is her TRUE form, her small one is to satisfy her desire to be cute.
Old 2010-04-28, 07:37   Link #678
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Remember that Gon has not seen that technique, and Killua, who has, was told not to tell him. Besides, as stated somewhere earlier in this thread, Biske's huge form is her TRUE form, her small one is to satisfy her desire to be cute.
Ah. I take it back then
Old 2010-04-28, 12:01   Link #679
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
But perhaps this "TRUE" form was a result of a permanent technique which could be related to Gon's new form.
Old 2010-04-28, 12:32   Link #680
Wrath88
Kissing...

Good theory... somehow that scares me regarding Biske.

Tags
overpowered villain