AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-06-23, 18:02   Link #661
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Beerus has shown no interest in retiring, and I seem to recall him being quite angry when he thought Goku and Vegeta were after his job. I can't think of any reason for him to get replaced other than him dying, and I can't imagine that happening either. Besides, this is Dragon Ball. Who besides villains stay dead?
Old 2019-06-23, 18:12   Link #662
DragonOsman
Dragon King

True. But Beerus needs to be replaced anyway because he tends to lazy. He's even part of the main reason why Universe 7's mortal level is so low. I'm not sure if it'll be Oob, but we do need a better God of Destruction than Beerus.
Old 2019-06-23, 18:37   Link #663
GDB

We also have no idea how long one is "in training" for as a candidate. For all we know, Uub will accept and then spend the next few thousand years as an apprentice to Beerus.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-23, 18:40   Link #664
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If Beerus will accept it himself. Like Kanon said, he doesn't want to retire.
Old 2019-06-25, 20:48   Link #665
GDB

But if he can take on an indefinite apprentice, he totally would. "Go do my work for me, it'll be good training. I'm going to take a nap now."
Old 2019-06-26, 13:47   Link #666
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That would totally fit him, yes. He should find a competent apprentice who'd do a better job than him and then just have him do the work.
Old 2019-07-19, 12:35   Link #667
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New chapter is out. It was pretty shit. Despite their apparent confidence last month, it turns out Goku and Vegeta had absolutely no countermeasure against Moro's absorption technique, so they just got their asses kicked once again and gave him a nice free meal. That was really, really dumb.

Moro's goal is underwhelming. He just wants to eat planets without anyone bothering him. Huh, ok.

His third wish was unexpected but disappointing.

The ending was interesting though. Vegeta finally started thinking, and heads for Yardrat most likely in hope they have techniques that can counter Moro's magic. For all his talk about pride, he's apparently swallowing it. It took Goku a year to master just one of their technique, so not sure what he can do in such a short time.
Old 2019-07-19, 23:13   Link #668
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Despite their apparent confidence last month, it turns out Goku and Vegeta had absolutely no countermeasure against Moro's absorption technique, so they just got their asses kicked once again and gave him a nice free meal. That was really, really dumb.
Oh God, this made me laugh. DBZ in its best...
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 23:15   Link #669
alex_drian

Damn, the problem is the absorb power actually take a shiton of energy instantly. This hit home that DB Universe would have it seriously bad against abilities not power based.

New move arc? when we return to Shounen Jump?

Oh are those Sub-bosses? Piccolo and co. maybe do something for a change.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 02:33   Link #670
GDB

Didn't really care for the "powering down" scene. I liked at first that they remembered blue is basically red + super saiyan, so losing power in blue would make you red (since they've basically gotten rid of "base form" god ki), but hated how they then had Goku turn SSJ3 once he got drained out of red. Red isn't SSJ4, damnit!
Old 2019-08-20, 11:03   Link #671
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New chapter is out.

Moro's gang is going around scouting planets for him to eat and stealing their treasures in the process. We saw Pui Pui's race being annihilated. These guys are normally weaksauce though, as Vegeta stated even Trunks could beat their leader if they didn't have Moro powering them up. Not much progress on Vegeta's side sadly, he only reached Yardrat at the very end of the chapter.

The three stooges are heading to Earth, but unlike the others, they're reporting false information about the planets. Still obvious Moro will find out and head to Earth though.

Goku asked Merus for a spar, and the latter was able to easily contend with SSJ3 Goku. In fact, Goku couldn't lend a single blow. Surprisingly, Goku asks Merus to train him! He thinks he can master UI by training with him, which I guess implies Merus has it? He didn't particularly display a lot of power but he was perfect at evading and countering. Not sure why it'd be more effective than training with Whis who is an actual master of UI though. Maybe because Merus is closer to his level?
Old 2019-08-21, 06:49   Link #672
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think Merus just knows how to move based on instinct. I have my doubts on him actually having mastered Ultra Instinct or even knowing that there's such a thing. I actually think it'd be best if Goku trained with Whis to master Ultra Instinct. But if Merus really can move based purely on instinct, then maybe Goku can still learn something from him. We'll just have to wait and see on that.

And yeah, those three stooges who are heading to Earth will be noticed and Moro will also head to Earth.

But I wonder if Ultra Instinct will be enough against Moro? If Moro absorbs Goku's energy, what will just being able to move based on instinct accomplish? It'd be good if Ultra Instinct allows him to feel by instinct when and how Moro absorbs energy and somehow avoid it. If possible.
Old 2019-08-21, 10:58   Link #673
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There's a lot of speculation about Merus being a former angel or an angel hybrid (I'm leaning more toward this). I'd say that's highly likely to be the explanation behind his skills.
Old 2019-08-21, 11:14   Link #674
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Now that you mention it, it's indeed possible that he's an angel hybrid. Now I want the manga to go into what he is exactly and if he does actually know Ultra Instinct.
Old 2019-08-21, 20:26   Link #675
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Nice, the Z-Fighters might actually have some worthy opponents to fight. Im pretty sure Moro, or at least the galactic gang, will go to Earth.

Merus being an angel hybrid sounds interesting, first time seeing this theory.
Old 2019-09-20, 14:58   Link #676
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New chapter out.

People had been wondering whether Toyotarou would use the Toei or the Toriyama (from Dragon Ball Online) design for the Yardrats, and it turns out he just used both
Other than that, not much happened on Vegeta's side. Yardrats are masters of ki manipulation and they're going to to teach that to him. Given that the biggest problem he's facing is Moro absorbing his ki, that sounds promising.

Biggest chunk of the chapter was spent on Piccolo fighting the three stooges. He messed up big time by allowing them to call Moro's HQ. As expected, it's only a matter of time before Moro heads to Earth.

Merus is definitely related to the Angels. He revealed he knows about Ultra Instinct and that he's been hiding his true power, which he's only willing to use in another dimension, most likely because he's in hiding.

Feels like not much happened, but what did happen was pretty interesting.
Old 2019-09-20, 16:58   Link #677
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think spirit manipulation is the same thing as ki manipulation. Ki and chi seem like different things here. And it seems that by using spirit manipulation Instant Teleportation could become even more powerful. Goku just uses a weaker version of it. But yeah, I'm also a bit confused since Goku does seem to call ki "chi". And Vegeta also knows what it is.

By the way, shouldn't Piccolo have been able to hear what those guys were saying about their plans? I thought his hearing was really good. Or maybe they got lucky and used voices low enough for him to not be able to pick up what they were saying.

@Kanon: How strong do yo think Merus actually is? And do you think he knows how to use UI himself or do you think he only knows about it?

If better control over ki is a key to beating Moro, maybe Goku can also manage it through UI since it's all about control over oneself. So if he masters UI, Moro may not be able to absorb his ki anymore. Same for Vegeta after he masters what the Yardrat elder is going to teach him.
Old 2019-09-20, 18:45   Link #678
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chi and ki are the same thing. And what the Yardrats did in this chapter are things we've seen other characters do. Piccolo can turn giant and Tenshinhan can make clones of himself. What the elder was explaining is that there are lots of different ways to use ki.

I think Merus knows how to use UI, and that he's at least as strong as Jiren. Watch SSB Goku get utterly trashed next month.
Old 2019-09-21, 10:59   Link #679
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Man, if he's at least as strong as Jiren then it would've been great if he'd found about and participated in the Tournament of Power. Seems like a pity.

Ki and chi do seem to be the same thing. But then why is Goku's use of Instant Teleportation so inferior to the Yardratians'? I wonder if it's really just because they're the actual masters of the technique.
Old 2019-09-22, 12:53   Link #680
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
By the way, shouldn't Piccolo have been able to hear what those guys were saying about their plans? I thought his hearing was really good. Or maybe they got lucky and used voices low enough for him to not be able to pick up what they were saying.
Telepathy.

And Im loving this saga so much, really feels like DBZ at its finest!
The Z-Warriors are definitely getting some good action in the future.

Tags
donkan mc