AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-13, 03:39   Link #681
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Except she's naked and Kirino isn't.

You damn well know where this should lead.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:17   Link #682
ZeKeR
Superbad

heh... i wonder... if saori is a supermodel in her other personality
Old 2010-10-13, 22:23   Link #683
einhorn303

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-episode-leak

Well, that sucks. I guess I won't be able to watch Oreimo this fall.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:25   Link #684
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/oreimo-apology

So much for simulcasting. Dammit, and I really wanted to check this series out!!!
Old 2010-10-13, 23:43   Link #685
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/oreimo-apology

So much for simulcasting. Dammit, and I really wanted to check this series out!!!
I guess we now all gotta wait for fansubs? Or for Crunchy to pick it up.

Congratulations, OreImo, you are now a Subforum. Happens to most the franchises that pass by our little stop on the WWW, Animesuki.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 00:00   Link #686
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The whole situation on ANN amuses me to a degree. I mean it only seems fitting that ANN, being so unrelentlessly anti-moe, gets bitten in the ass as a result of a show filled with cute girls. I'm also amused at how they're assuming all responsibility, but at the same time they're shifting the blame to tech errors and whatnot. Guess they really are a business

No real skin off my back, though as I was always going to stick with the fansub. Now I did watch episode one on ANN as well, and because of that I can say that ANN did an inferior job. Hell, they were down right lazy at times, in particular how they didn't bother with Kirino's listing off of all the varients of 'big brother.' They just left it blank as she was talking. That's always been one thing people say makes fansubs better: fansubbers do it for free and they pour in much more effort to make a quality release, versus people who are actually paid and just do a half assed job of it.

Another thing that bothered me was waiting a whole damn week for an episode. A week, ANN? Seriously? What the hell do you think simulcast means? Now, I could understand if they had to wait a few days to get the raw, but this whole incident showed us that ANN had the raw even before the Japanese did! There's no excuse for why they couldn't release the episode a day or two after it aired.

You screwed up big time ANN. Don't expect me to feel sorry for you.

Enough of my rant. I've been looking forward to this show since it was announced, so that also factors into my unwillingness to wait a damn week. Like Kirino I'm also fond of little sisters, so the title was an obvious draw when chapter 1 of the novel was released in english. Sunday can't come fast enough
Old 2010-10-14, 00:13   Link #687
relentlessflame

*Administrator

For what it's worth, the missing line was probably an error -- it happens even in fansubs (hence why there are so many v2s seemingly all the time). It's quite possible they might have fixed it if given the time. Plus, the "week" decision is the result of licensor demands/requirements, not because of anything ANN did or didn't do (so you'd have to ask Aniplex about that, not ANN). I'm certainly not trying to say they weren't at fault for the security failure (even they admit they were), but it's not as if everything that happens in this situation is their "fault" either. There are multiple sides to every issue.
Old 2010-10-14, 00:29   Link #688
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For what it's worth, the missing line was probably an error -- it happens even in fansubs (hence why there are so many v2s seemingly all the time). It's quite possible they might have fixed it if given the time. Plus, the "week" decision is the result of licensor demands/requirements, not because of anything ANN did or didn't do (so you'd have to ask Aniplex about that, not ANN). I'm certainly not trying to say they weren't at fault for the security failure (even they admit they were), but it's not as if everything that happens in this situation is their "fault" either. There are multiple sides to every issue.
Perhaps I'm being a little hard on them, but after years of them crapping on every show that features cute girls I still find it a bit poetic.

In regards to the person who actually ripped the raw... I have to wonder what gave them the idea to look for it anyways. Did they just randomly think "Hm... I'm gonna look and see if ep 2 is on here, even though it hasn't even aired in Japan yet!"

If Aniplex did decide on the week wait... Well, what the heck were they thinking then? Were they worried about the Japanese people watching it there rather than watching it on TV? They specifically region blocked it so only those in the US and Canada could watch it, so that isn't an issue.

They shouldn't have been throwing the word 'simulcast' around. That's just false advertising.
Old 2010-10-14, 00:36   Link #689
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Mazui is fast anyway, so a simulcast by ANN wouldn't have made much of a difference in release times anyway.
Old 2010-10-14, 00:36   Link #690
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

On the wait a week thing, I'm thinking that this could be similar to what Crunchyroll is doing: the paying customers get the "simulcast" while the freebies get it one week later.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 04:35   Link #691
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
In regards to the person who actually ripped the raw... I have to wonder what gave them the idea to look for it anyways. Did they just randomly think "Hm... I'm gonna look and see if ep 2 is on here, even though it hasn't even aired in Japan yet!"
You don't have to wonder. If there's a reason why they want to do this, its only for the reason of mocking ANN for having a paper thin security on their server.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 05:37   Link #692
Seiryuu

I wonder if the person had specifically looked to see if the show was on there with the knowledge that it hadn't aired yet. I very frequently forget when in the week different shows air, so I can imagine they might have just been trying to get their hands on it before they finished subbing rather than before it aired. If they knew it hadn't aired yet, that implies that they knew that ANN got the files extra early, meaning either they knew a good bit about how it was working or they had help from someone who was in a position to know...
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 22:12   Link #693
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For what it's worth, the missing line was probably an error -- it happens even in fansubs (hence why there are so many v2s seemingly all the time). It's quite possible they might have fixed it if given the time.
It was an error and it was actually fixed prior to the episode being removed.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...=986683#986683
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...=986732#986732
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 22:32   Link #694
topboy
poor man

As for ANN issued,it's served them right.Anyways, Real Broadcast just show after the leak stream less than 20 hours so it isn't big deal.
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 22:53   Link #695
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
It was an error and it was actually fixed prior to the episode being removed.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...=986683#986683
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...=986732#986732
Okay, that explains that. When I first saw it the line before hand came across to me as an attempt to 'summarize' what she was talking about rather than TLing each line, so it appeared lazy to me. I was mistaken so I withdrawn that particular complaint.
Old 2010-10-17, 13:11   Link #696
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Seeing that the first book ends with episode 3 I guess the season would end with book 4 or something which would make a lot of sense in terms of what that book ends on.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 19:57   Link #697
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
that was a great episode though was the part where Kyousuke's dad twisted his arm at the stairs? and yea episode 3 ended volume 1, it'll be nice to see 4 volumes to be adapted since bata-tsuki's only on vol 1
Old 2010-10-17, 23:33   Link #698
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

DAMMIT THATS IS A REALY BROTHER

only RealOnii-chans take the fall for their Cute little sister!!!

i salute YOU man i salute YOU!!!!!!
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 00:39   Link #699
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Seeing that the first book ends with episode 3 I guess the season would end with book 4 or something which would make a lot of sense in terms of what that book ends on.
that's good.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 13:09   Link #700
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Yeah and season 2 can have books 5 to 8. Provided in a year the 8th will be out.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen