AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-08, 21:03   Link #681
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It's Elsie then...

And Haqua? Sound very water~ish

A hundred chapters of my favourite manga and finally now i know how to write the main heroine(s)' name... that's suck
Old 2010-10-08, 23:00   Link #682
kniteowl

Has everyone here checked all the different subs for the 1st episode, Out of Chihiro, Commie and Whynot subs, I like Whynot the best, Although my Japanese is zero or close to it.

I like how they translate Otamegane into Four eyes, while the other two translated it as four eyed geek and Dweb, I just felt bad four eyes fit the best to be personally and all the signs were colour coat when translated so it was easy to read which words were being translated although all the subs are great in their own, way Whynot is my personal preference.

I haven't chekced TZM subs yet... I will soon.

I'm worried what they'll cut out from the manga in the next episode, will it focus on Elci or skip straight into the next arc?
Old 2010-10-08, 23:15   Link #683
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
I actually want to know which two scenes you're talking about. There were several little details that got switched up, not a whole lot of them detrimental to the characters.
Basically it sums up to that Keima's insanity level has been toned down.

In the manga when the teacher asks him if he finds her class boring he does not apologize, he instead lists several things that are less boring.

Also, he is asked what his best subject is and he answers "everything", because you see, he actually ranks #1 on all the test scores.

I'm betting those are the two scenes he's talking about.

The difference is that the first anime episode made him seem like more of a normal otaku loser- if slightly better looking and with a clearer grasp on the difference between reality and fantasy.

In the manga he is not the audience surrogate, he's instead this magnificent bastard who keeps getting away with stuff. It's the difference in appeal between a Ferris Bueller (manga version) and a Ron Stoppable (anime version).

So in other words he was sort of like a male otaku equivalent of Haruhi Suzumiya. He does crazy things and gets away with it because of his awesome levels of insanity.

We'll see if the 2nd episode does better at depicting this, as this episode was a little squished.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 23:18   Link #684
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Has everyone here checked all the different subs for the 1st episode, Out of Chihiro, Commie and Whynot subs, I like Whynot the best, Although my Japanese is zero or close to it.

I like how they translate Otamegane into Four eyes, while the other two translated it as four eyed geek and Dweb, I just felt bad four eyes fit the best to be personally and all the signs were colour coat when translated so it was easy to read which words were being translated although all the subs are great in their own, way Whynot is my personal preference.

I haven't chekced TZM subs yet... I will soon.
I'm worried what they'll cut out from the manga in the next episode, will it focus on Elci or skip straight into the next arc?
Elsie, it's Elsie

Obviously they can't skip into next arc, the audience need to see the house where Elsie live in after all

On another note, i prefer the name "runaway spirit" more. Otherwise, how can we joke about "runaway princess from hell" in Roman Holiday later on
Old 2010-10-08, 23:22   Link #685
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Spoiler for future events:

I hope we're not alienating all the anime-only watchers with all our hint-dropping; I want to see their reactions the most
Is that weird?
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 23:24   Link #686
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
This series need a forum on its on, is good and have a manga ongoing
I'm against this notion. It's more lively this way really.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 23:32   Link #687
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Spoiler for future events:

I hope we're not alienating all the anime-only watchers with all our hint-dropping; I want to see their reactions the most
Is that weird?
Don't give out weird hint, his parents are normal people just like you and me
Old 2010-10-09, 00:03   Link #688
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Basically it sums up to that Keima's insanity level has been toned down.

In the manga when the teacher asks him if he finds her class boring he does not apologize, he instead lists several things that are less boring.

Also, he is asked what his best subject is and he answers "everything", because you see, he actually ranks #1 on all the test scores.

I'm betting those are the two scenes he's talking about.

The difference is that the first anime episode made him seem like more of a normal otaku loser- if slightly better looking and with a clearer grasp on the difference between reality and fantasy.

In the manga he is not the audience surrogate, he's instead this magnificent bastard who keeps getting away with stuff. It's the difference in appeal between a Ferris Bueller (manga version) and a Ron Stoppable (anime version).

So in other words he was sort of like a male otaku equivalent of Haruhi Suzumiya. He does crazy things and gets away with it because of his awesome levels of insanity.

We'll see if the 2nd episode does better at depicting this, as this episode was a little squished.
I agree. The anime kinda make Keima less awesome (but closer to the audience). The manga Keima is an analytical genius but I don't sense that in the anime yet. But it is just the first episode they can totally show Keima's awesomeness in later episode. Next episode should be less time stress and will be a good time to introduce Keima more.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 00:49   Link #689
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
She's blushing @ his thanks in the end.. the way she interacted with her before the conquest shows that wouldn't of happened unless something remained...
It really needs people to think actually quite deep to figure that out (or far fetched), since the impact of "memory loss" scene is bigger than said scene. You'll see more people pay attention to memory loss problem than how she was blushing. Not to mention, they show absolutely no other boy outside of Keima, and he's the only one to congratulate her, it make the scene feel more usual for her to blushing.
Old 2010-10-09, 01:02   Link #690
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It really needs people to think actually quite deep to figure that out (or far fetched), since the impact of "memory loss" scene is bigger than said scene. You'll see more people pay attention to memory loss problem than how she was blushing. Not to mention, they show absolutely no other boy outside of Keima, and he's the only one to congratulate her, it make the scene feel more usual for her to blushing.
But what about Male Extra #1 and #2? And don't forget about Male Extra #3.

But seriously, the memory loss, without any context for some of us, does feel like some sort of cop-out.

All I can say for them is that it's kind of a necessary plot device; for a Capturing God to work in the Real Life, he's gotta have some sort of reset button in order for his captures to work; otherwise, once his past lovers start to pile up, hell would truly start to break loose.

So...you know. That's how it is.
Old 2010-10-09, 01:28   Link #691
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
But what about Male Extra #1 and #2? And don't forget about Male Extra #3.

But seriously, the memory loss, without any context for some of us, does feel like some sort of cop-out.

All I can say for them is that it's kind of a necessary plot device; for a Capturing God to work in the Real Life, he's gotta have some sort of reset button in order for his captures to work; otherwise, once his past lovers start to pile up, hell would truly start to break loose.

So...you know. That's how it is.
There's a spinoff (one-shot..etc) by the author (the one with adult Elsie) which is about one chapter of capture without memory-wipe. And we ended up have girl running after Keima in the end!!

Also, isn't it troublesome for Keima if he want to spend the whole summer holidays to play his eroges, but is continuously bothered by the girls of his harems (who love him and still have memories intact). It will surely troublesome for him, isn't it
Old 2010-10-09, 01:55   Link #692
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel
But memory loss is essential for this series to be good. It guarantees that it won't have NICE BOAT ending, can also be used as really handful later plot-devices. Without memory lose, KamiNomi cannot have that unique 'girl of the month' formula.
Old 2010-10-09, 02:00   Link #693
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You could say that filling gaps creates a shock reaction that results to memory loss, but there's tons of ways it could happen, really. Plus, it saves Keima's character;imagine him hunting another girl and running into his exes, all hell would break loose
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 02:02   Link #694
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
But memory loss is essential for this series to be good. It guarantees that it won't have NICE BOAT ending, can also be used as really handful later plot-devices. Without memory lose, KamiNomi cannot have that unique 'girl of the month' formula.
That.....that's what I said.

Did you read the rest of my post?
Quote:
for a Capturing God to work in the Real Life, he's gotta have some sort of reset button in order for his captures to work; otherwise, once his past lovers start to pile up, hell would truly start to break loose.
And to make things clear, I don't have a problem with the memory wipe at all; I just realize that it may be strange to some.

edit: course, I don't think Keima would have a problem handling a harem
Old 2010-10-09, 02:06   Link #695
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It would be great if Keima had a harem, he'd send all the girls to buy each and every limited edition galge there is
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 04:19   Link #696
tsunade666

if Keima send all the girls he captured to buy galge. Some are bound to see each other and hell would still break out.

The memory lost is a good plot device plus it helps to move the story on. And Ayumi blushing in the end.... hmm I just think that even if ones memories are erase the emotion in your heart wouldn't be erase.

And keima did full that emptiness on Ayumi's heart with Elsie's formula of Love to get out the loose souls.

The anime might down played a little of Keima's awesomeness but it still okay for me but I miss the point when Keima is start sorting out his route and from what game does it resembles with.

btw next episode would be for Elsie that's Flag 2.0 "demon of a little sister but if you look at it again their is a Flag 2.5 "you're a rich girl" it means their would be a new girl.

and Elsie is utterly super cute in the anime. I know she's already cute in the manga but the anime.... really levels it up into another level.

And is it just me but I think a black collar is better than purple one.
Old 2010-10-09, 04:33   Link #697
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Woah! Teacher is hot=>
Spoiler:
That's not hot. That's the one glaring character design flaw so far. Clearly you are not familiar with the manga version.
Spoiler for picture:
There are other noticeable changes, and the cuteness of the characters overall is more "generic" than the original designs, but Nikaido is the only one so far that can safely be said to be worse. And I'm not even sure I can give a specific reason why...

Only way I can think to put it is this, which honest to God is the comparison that popped into my head as I was watching the episode... Has anyone seen the Star Trek Next Gen episode where the Enterprise is in for some computer upgrades? Something the Bynars (basically the IT race for the Federation, apparently) do to the computers amps them up to the point where they create a hot bar hostess character with a personality that's so sufficiently interesting that she's able to distract Picard and Riker with conversation long enough for the ship to be stolen with them on it. At the end of the episode, after the computer's been put back in order, the hot bar hostess has been replaced with a woman who looks quite similar. She's still brunette, she's still wearing the same dress, she's still hot, but she's got such a vacant "floozy" look on her face that you can tell without her opening her mouth that she's so vapid that she couldn't pour piss out of a boot if you printed the instructions on the heel...

Manga Nikaido is the first hostess, while anime Nikaido is the second. It's like they sucked all the character out of her. I only hope what later fleshing out of her character the anime manages to get to is sufficient to correct the error...

I hate to voice my disappointment so early into the series, when there's so much time to recover, especially considering the first episode was always going to have to have been rushed, but I think the primary problem with this adaptation is the same as the problem that's so exemplified by Nikaido's design. It's like it's had too many of its interesting edges sanded smooth...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-10-09 at 04:57.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 04:38   Link #698
tsunade666

I don't understand much with that explanation of using bar hostess but I can agree that I don't like the anime version of Nikado sensei. Not that I entirely don't like it but how to put it. It's like her character is entirely different on what she meant to be.
Old 2010-10-09, 05:02   Link #699
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Just rewatched, and i have to say that episode 1 was actually much better than what i remembered. And damn it, Elsie was too adorable!!

Btw, just realised that TWGoK seems to be one of the anime with the more realistic hair colour.
Old 2010-10-09, 08:11   Link #700
Sides

Finally managed to find time to watch the first episode. Hiro Shimono, is fantasic in the role as Keima. Actually the whole cast did a really good job. I hope they will keep this up. Animation is one thing, but matching vocals to an anime character is also an art.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen