AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-24, 13:28   Link #721
mikethepokemaster

Good episode some shots were weird to me and the preview make ceaser seem like a douche but i get that he already was a douche but hes a good character and enemy for nobunga
mikethepokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 13:45   Link #722
ookamigirl

Damn, what drama.
Things certainly took a turn for the worst fast.
Guess Nobunaga's recent behavior had something to do with the whole ordeal.
Playing who's who to find the culprit, wonder how long it'll take.
I was surprised to see Nobunaga ask first and not blindly attack.
At least Shingen's is predictable in his thoughts and honest with his intentions.
Might even go so far as to call him noble.
It's actually fun to realize how similar those are ^^
Caesar sure made a mess of things.
That spineless, lying, backstabbing bastard.
Can't wait to see what'll happen next.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 17:19   Link #723
Wandering Soul

I'm glad that it seems like Himiko is going to live. Although Ceasar is a real asshole to deny Shingen the honorable death he deserved. We can at least take pleasure knowing that either Nobunga or Brutus is going to pay him back for that.
Old 2014-02-24, 17:51   Link #724
kuromitsu

OOOYAKATASAMAAAAAAA!!11!!1! IF ONLY... IF ONLY YUKIMURA HAD BEEN THERE...!!! *violent sobbing*

*ahem*

No, I mean yes, I know that the Takeda are almost always associated with fire (being, well, red), and in any good rivalry if the hero doesn't use fire he has to use lightning, but as for the rest, come on, guys. Seriously, COME ON.

In any case, good-bye Fuurinkazan, you were the coolest mecha in the show. And at least now Kenshin can enter the fray...

And yes, Himiko lives, bah. Such a cop-out, and what a loss of some nice drama.

The Oda retainers are really dumb, though. I thought at least one of them would wonder about how awfully convenient it is that Nobukatsu dies just when a power struggle is about to break out between the brothers, and as a result Nobunaga can take over as head of the family, but no, apparently the thought didn't enter anyone's mind... At least Mitsu can continue suffering beautifully in peace for a bit longer.

Damn, Caesar. This guy is great. XD Ave Caesar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Kenshin Uesugi is a female
I wouldn't be so sure about it, the seiyuu is an active otokoyaku.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 19:49   Link #725
hsmsful1

Well things seem to be more and more interesting.
Let's be serious guys , we all knew Himiko was going to keep living. I mean she has to have a bigger role to do.
Now Caesar , why did he do that? Did he do it to get the regalia of wind or just to make the whole Takeda clan like his pawns or was it for both?
And once the owner dies , will the first one to make a blood bond with the regalia be the new owner? I mean I thought at first that the previous owner has to say who the next owner is like how Shingen did with regalia of fire.
In short , is the regalia of wind now Caesar's?
hsmsful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 20:38   Link #726
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmsful1 View Post
Well things seem to be more and more interesting.
Let's be serious guys , we all knew Himiko was going to keep living. I mean she has to have a bigger role to do.
Now Caesar , why did he do that? Did he do it to get the regalia of wind or just to make the whole Takeda clan like his pawns or was it for both?
And once the owner dies , will the first one to make a blood bond with the regalia be the new owner? I mean I thought at first that the previous owner has to say who the next owner is like how Shingen did with regalia of fire.
In short , is the regalia of wind now Caesar's?
Probably both, but definitely because he's a dick that has no concept of the Japanese code of honor. Caesar hails from a time and culture that greatly involved stabbing others in the back.

Shingen was probably just being dramatic so yes the regalia is Caesar's.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 03:55   Link #727
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Probably both, but definitely because he's a dick that has no concept of the Japanese code of honor. Caesar hails from a time and culture that greatly involved stabbing others in the back.
*cough*Akechi Mitsuhide*cough* Among others. It's not like Sengoku era people didn't believe in some good, old fashioned betrayal or assassination.

FWIW Roman culture (in general) cared a great deal about honor and talked about it pretty often, it's just that it wasn't the exact same concept as what they had in Sengoku era Japan.
Old 2014-02-25, 05:40   Link #728
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And yes, Himiko lives, bah. Such a cop-out, and what a loss of some nice drama.
It doesn't necessarily mean she won't die a few episodes later

Anyway, we still don't know who tried to shoot Nobunaga.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 08:35   Link #729
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Anyway, we still don't know who tried to shoot Nobunaga.
I think it was a hitman from the faction that wanted to replace Nobunaga with Nobukatsu.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 08:55   Link #730
zztop

The Hierophant represents knowledge and wisdom, the desire to understand and learn more. (the alien Hierophant-Pope imparts religious knowledge to the 2 awaiting acolytes.)

Nobukatsu’s death and Himiko’s critical state spur Nobunaga to directly seek answers from Shingen on suspicions of his involvement in sending assassins after both of them, a departure from the self-centred ‘Fool’ who left his subordinates,(ie. Mitsu) to handle state affairs on his behalf. In addition, Nobu and Shingen came out from their battle wiser of each other’s beliefs and values, which were pretty alike to begin with!!

Next week’s ep, the Wands, mark an entry into the Minor Arcana of tarot.

PS.The Hierophant can also signify group identification, adherence to tradition and conventionality.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 09:27   Link #731
RoboMambo

Somehow I got out of thi episode sure Himiko had died, so now it's weird to through this thread. Saying someone "struck down Himiko and Nobukatsu" gave me the wrong impression.

I like it when they draw the mechas as background, they look so well then.

Caesar best character, the smug back-stabbing bastard. Love how they pronounce it as kaiser.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 13:22   Link #732
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post

Shingen was probably just being dramatic so yes the regalia is Caesar's.
To be fair, he does have a concept of their code of honor, hence him riling up the Takeda by essentially saying Noba has no honor... same thing though, he's a dick.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 22:20   Link #733
Frontier

So Himiko lives. Can't say I'm surprised. I was more surprised by how many people actually wrote her off .

Well, I for one am glad she's not dead. Nobunaga has Nobukatsu to mourn and move him to get his act as leader of the Oda together, and I'm happy to have more Himiko in the future as the fun, loyal, and cute girl at the other end of Nobunaga's love triangle .

Poor Jeanne though, still unable to understand the hot-bloodedness and logic of the men of the East Star .

So Ceasar can just tell from a glance that Jeanne is a woman? Dear God, they're not fooling anyone anymore. The only person who bought it was Nobukatsu for pete's sake .

Y'know, I kinda feel bad for Hideyoshi. Himiko's servants probably only helped him out of pity rather than him actually winning them over. At least him having the shtick of "guy who can learn to pilot anything" is reasonably better than just being Jeanne's punching bag .

Nobunaga/The Fool vs. Shingen/Fuurinkazan was decent, helped in no small part by the nice JAM Project insert song. And I actually found how Nobunaga ultimately won the fight to be pretty cool .

Goodbye Shingen, goodbye Furrinkazan, you were a real man among men, and a great mecha, who both did not deserve such a cruel end .

Though I do have to give kudos how Ceasar manipulated events to his advantage, underhanded as it was, and now may possibly unite the other clans against Nobunaga. Kenshin seemed to have been close to Shingen, judging by his/her reaction to his death, so I can see him/her joining with Ceasar against Nobunaga out of respect for the deceased. Though I wonder if Kenshin has a War Armor ?

I actually thought Nobunaga was okay in this episode. I at least didn't think he was as big a jerk as he was in the last few episodes.

So Ceasar now has the wind Regalia, while Nobunaga has thunder, fire, whatever the element of the Oda Regalia is, and Jeanne's. Well, he's probably going to need all he can get with how badly Ceasar seems to be beating him in the next episode. I'm hoping for an exciting bout for Nobunaga and Ceasar's first duel .
Old 2014-02-25, 22:28   Link #734
hsmsful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, he's probably going to need all he can get with how badly Ceasar seems to be beating him in the next episode. I'm hoping for an exciting bout for Nobunaga and Ceasar's first duel .
I don't think the next episode will feature any battles ......
Old 2014-02-25, 23:24   Link #735
Frontier

The next episode preview had The Fool fighting Ceasar's mecha (why is it still not named?), so I don't see how there wouldn't be any battles .
Old 2014-02-25, 23:26   Link #736
hsmsful1

Quote:
The next episode preview had The Fool fighting Ceasar's mecha (why is it still not named?), so I don't see how there wouldn't be any battles .
I don't know but I got that feeling that it won't be like a real battle, they would only meet at the last 2 min and then we will have to wait for the next episode to see the whole battle. Well it would be cool if my feeling was wrong and if we saw a good battle like the last episode
Old 2014-02-26, 01:23   Link #737
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Actually, in one scan they showed more mechas including Caesar's and the name was "Quo Vadis" if I remember correctly.

EDIT:
Here, I found the scan again:
Images
for space
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-26, 04:04   Link #738
kuromitsu

^I wonder why Quo Vadis. Aside of the expression having nothing to do with Caesar himself (at least to my best memory), it's just not a very good name for a mecha, and it doesn't really fit Caesar's character to give his mecha such a name. What's wrong with "Veni vidi vici"? (Perhaps the pronunciation, or maybe it's too long...)

Seems like the name of Kenshin's mecha will be derived from Bishamonten's name...
Old 2014-02-26, 11:35   Link #739
Frontier

"Quo Vadis?" Uh... okay. I was kinda expecting a more impressive name, but whatever .

I assume that's Kenshin's mecha on the far left?
Old 2014-02-26, 13:33   Link #740
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

They definitely could've thought of a better name that fit Caesar's theme. Killing Shingen while nobody was looking gave him two benefits. One, he would have the mighty Takeda Clan to do what it takes in lust for vengeance. As well as the regalia of wind that he prevented Nobunaga from having. Since getting Wind, Fire, and Lightning all at once is a pretty frightening thing. It also seems Nobunaga has matured far more compared to the beginning of the series.

Now, where exactly is Yukimura when you need him?

Tags
bishonen, mecha