AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 13:28   Link #7401
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
....Wow...her first real loss........she fell over and her skirt fell down.....or maybe that should be reversed?

I'm hoping that this is paving the way for a Zen-cetric sequel.....or a sequel period......and I wonder who Zen will pick to be members of his new council?
Really he should just ditch all current members make Shiranui his Vice, put in Munkae, Munkata and either Kumagawa or Naze as the last member. Maybe Medaka but really she doesn't need to be, she can still hange around and help out if she isn't. Plus Zen's whole moto is making them be self sufficient.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 14:27   Link #7402
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Wow, he actually did it, kudos to Zen. It's not really surprising though, with Devil Style nullifying coincidences, the election should be pretty realistic and in reality, student council elections are just a popularity contest. It's a bit weird that he got such a high percentage of the votes with such a atypical speech, but whatever. What's really surprising is the middle school girls getting such a high percentage, but then people fall for sweet sounding but impractical stuff all the time, especially in student council elections.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 14:37   Link #7403
Homura7

Now we should wonder what's going to happen next. Either Ajimu is trolling everyone or this is really the end and a sequel is underway.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 16:25   Link #7404
Tenchi Hou Take

It's most probably not going to end at this point, we've reached too far close to the "ending" chapters and no announcement has come or even been hinted at. Unless, the color page next chapter is going to announce the manga's going to end chapter after next it'll probably continue in some manner, either name change or simply go with a different setting and perhaps main character or keep the current one.
Old 2012-03-21, 18:21   Link #7405
Franckie

I don't ever recall hearing a series officially announcing it'll end the same week the supposed last chapter is given. Nisio would have pull a Negima in order to do that, and I'll rage if the author does that. Assuming the story continues, no more than 40 chapters are left. Nisio only needs 8-9 months at most to give the story the conclusion it deserves. Medaka Box has been given extra chapters, light novels, and even an anime. You'd figure it'd be in everyones' interest to give the story a proper finish. It wouldn't be stretching things out considering how several factors are still in need of resolution.

On a side note, I wonder how the main cast will goad the Not-Equals in fight. Ajimu has spent the past 40 chapters freaking out on the thought of having a direct confrontation with Medaka. It'd make no sense to have her do a 180 without making it look crooked.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 18:25   Link #7406
Tenchi Hou Take

Oh god I just remembered about Hanten, we still don't know precisely what his deal his. I wonder if he'll turn around next chapter or whether they'll explain why he doesn't turn around.
Old 2012-03-21, 18:43   Link #7407
Franckie

What makes no sense to me is why the author would suddenly deviate from his firmly established formula. The first 20 chapters dealt with miscelleaneous issues. Next you had the Student Council challenging the Flask Plan with Medaka as the focus of the Flask Plan, which lasted for 35 chapters. Then you had Kumagawa's coup d'etat that lasted for 35 chapters and with him serving as the focus of the Flask Plan.

It's also interesting when you compare how both Medaka and Kumagawa were the focal characters for approximately 60 chapters each.

What happened after that? The Not-Equals showed up and the following 20 chapters involve the Student Council dealing with miscellaneous issues. Then the next 25 chapters have the Flask Plan being rebooted with Zenkichi as the focus. Assuming the author stays consistent with the trend, the ongoing arc actually ends 10 chapters from now and we get one more arc that'd last ~35 chapters. Zenkichi would probably continue being the focal character, so he'd have ~60 chapters in the spotlight as Medaka and Kumagawa were given. It'd fit precisely in with the author's strict-formula writing and give the story the time it needs to properly resolve everything.

I still cannot see the author ending everything next chapter because it'd make no sense both literally and figuratively. It'd be like someone with obsessive-compulsive disorder magically losing their compulsions all of a sudden. The author still has a lot of material to work with and in need of resolution, such as what the deal is with Shiranui Hanten.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 21:12   Link #7408
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
hanten = nisio, going to troll everybody by not revealing his face and ending the manga in an unseemingly fashion
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 21:24   Link #7409
osorito

Cant wait to read the translation from the pics displayed, specially the one where medaka seems to be bowing down to Zen.... or maybe that image is after she tripped and is giving him her sc president badge.
osorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 23:25   Link #7410
17Sevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
hanten = nisio, going to troll everybody by not revealing his face and ending the manga in an unseemingly fashion
Haha, that's a great theory!

The way I see it, Hanten's face can only be one of 5 things:

1. Never seen. Nisio was trolling.
2. A normal face. Nisio was trolling.
3. Extremely scary/disturbing/evil looking.
4. Surprisingly cute, like Hansode's.
5. Totally blank, with little to no facial features.

I'm curious what he'll actually have...
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 23:46   Link #7411
[HearT]

I'm guessing that Hanten probably has one of Kumagawa's giant-ass screws in his face, xD
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 02:25   Link #7412
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol @ people who think this is ending, it's especially hilarious when you see people say "unless Nisio is trolling it's ending"... um... can someone tell me when is Nisio.. not trolling? Ignoring everything in this manga look @ his Monogatari series, girls who the arc is named after get less than 10% focus, books named after certain girls don't even focus on them for more than 40 pages (lol @ the latest one, especially considering how long it has been since she last had focus), etc.

You can't judge Nisio normally, go back 100 pages in this thread when a lot of you guys were creaming yourselves @ the thought of Zen beating Medaka in a fight. He completely trolled you guys about Zen's chances of winning and trolled everyone else about an actual physical confrontation. If you know the spoilers for the latest monogatari novel look @ how he resolved that massive issue, anyone who says they saw that coming is full of it. Nisio's a bloody genus for that alone, what a troll and considering I read the spoilers like 2 days before Nise 2 aired (or was it 3) and saw a certain scene.. my fing hat off to Nisio.

Medaka on the cover with Kuroko next issue, to celebrate the start of the animes.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 04:18   Link #7413
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lol @ people who think this is ending, it's especially hilarious when you see people say "unless Nisio is trolling it's ending"... um... can someone tell me when is Nisio.. not trolling? Ignoring everything in this manga look @ his Monogatari series, girls who the arc is named after get less than 10% focus, books named after certain girls don't even focus on them for more than 40 pages (lol @ the latest one, especially considering how long it has been since she last had focus), etc.

You can't judge Nisio normally, go back 100 pages in this thread when a lot of you guys were creaming yourselves @ the thought of Zen beating Medaka in a fight. He completely trolled you guys about Zen's chances of winning and trolled everyone else about an actual physical confrontation. If you know the spoilers for the latest monogatari novel look @ how he resolved that massive issue, anyone who says they saw that coming is full of it. Nisio's a bloody genus for that alone, what a troll and considering I read the spoilers like 2 days before Nise 2 aired (or was it 3) and saw a certain scene.. my fing hat off to Nisio.

Medaka on the cover with Kuroko next issue, to celebrate the start of the animes.
Yes, thank you Nisio spokesperson, you clearly have this all figured out...
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 10:27   Link #7414
silver001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Yes, thank you Nisio spokesperson, you clearly have this all figured out...
That cuz westlo is clearly more brilliant than us simpletons.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 10:56   Link #7415
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Personally I think the best way he could troll us is to actually end it, with everything unresolved.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 13:59   Link #7416
osorito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Personally I think the best way he could troll us is to actually end it, with everything unresolved.
It would be a Negima like bad ending if that actually happened. Ken Akamatsu pulled that stunt and generally speaking nobody liked it. Lets hope we get a proper ending for this manga.
osorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 14:24   Link #7417
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Guys consider this, they're really promoting Medaka Box right before the anime. Next chapter it has the cover and they're even doing this whole Medaka side of the magazine, Kuroko side of the magazine thing. Does this really sound like a series that's gonna end right then and there?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 14:42   Link #7418
Homura7

Whenever a series is heading to its end it's announced with 3 chapters ahead. Anyone who still believes Medaka Box is ending is either on crack or took Najimi's trolling seriously.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 14:46   Link #7419
Tenchi Hou Take

Well at minimum it has another two chapters, when does the anime air as it may miss Aijimu's deadline anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Whenever a series is heading to its end it's announced with 3 chapters ahead. Anyone who still believes Medaka Box is ending is either on crack or took Najimi's trolling seriously.
Yeah I mentione this before, so even if it was ending it would require at least another 3 more chapters.
Old 2012-03-22, 16:07   Link #7420
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
reread chapter 1's footnotes people, it clearly states that medaka box = suggestion box, zen clearly declared that he'll relinquish the damn box if he wins (the ending of the suggestion "medaka" box)
well for the japanese readers this should have been more than evident
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council