AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-23, 08:35   Link #7681
Dorsai

Some ppl write here that they not buying it, some we can quess from country where they live... Then in reallity how much ppl from there buying Kimi regularly? 5%? Or even less?

And how much professional writers we have here? 1%? Or 0?;p

We speaking here about majority, not minority...
Old 2011-06-23, 09:13   Link #7682
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Does reading something for free invalidate one's opinion? Since '1%' of people are professional writers, by your logic AS should be shut down.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:33   Link #7683
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post

Mentar you know what is really awesome? Fact that Haruto not change in this series... He was like this in the begining too... But in that time noone complain about him- people even praise him "Wow its rare to see main hero who isnt nerd chicken or indecisive idiot!!"... We can even come back 200,300 pages to see posts from this time ;p Its really funny for me ;p
Sorry bro im calling BS on that statement Go back and re-read the thread if you have the time. Iv been here since day one and people were complaining about his lack of ballz or should i say his indecisiveness long ago. You hit the nail right on the coffin Haruto has not changed, he has not progressed, he has not learned from the experiences he has gone through in 100+ chapters. The emotional progression of a character is important to a story. If a character does not change or in Haruto's case and age mature over years in a story which is where we are at now, whats was the point of all his trials and tribulations? Haruto is a stones throw away from becoming an adult and he still acts like a child that is incapable of learning common sense. Again, many readers recognized this fact long ago that Haruto has a learning disability so im not sure how you came to this conclusion.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:37   Link #7684
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Biggest problem with Seo? He generally starts off pretty good with the story, but generally around the middle to the end he completely wrecks it.
I agree with you. Seo is very good. he draws amazingly cute girls. the story is amazing from the start. but like someone else said already...once it gets to the end., it blows up for some reason....
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 09:37   Link #7685
justavisitor

hmm...it has been 2 days and I am still in rage mode after reading this newest chapter..especially I happen to take a look at previous chapters and read how Haruto said he loved Asuka and would never leave her. lol if i remember right he also made this kind of similar promise with Asuka in front of Kazama's grave...Haruto is not afraid of ghost I guess

It gives me a horror feeling to think about how two days can change everything. Haruto would have had "intimate relationship" with Asuka already had Asuka's mom not gotten sick...lol spirits of ancestors from Asuka's family must have been protecting her because otherwise it would hurt Asuka even more
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 09:41   Link #7686
Dorsai

cloak_and_dagger writing is job too... Its not voluntary service, authors need money too... Seo write it for people who paid him for this, not for people who get it for free... Thats why he neednt to care much about their opinions...

Sinestra many... How much is many? 50%? 70%? 90%? It was more like minority and rather small minority... Ofc we are talking about few first arc, before Eba and Haruto started dating, even before Nanami rejected him, because it was enough to define his personality...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2011-06-23 at 09:56.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 09:43   Link #7687
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
hmm...it has been 2 days and I am still in rage mode after reading this newest chapter..especially I happen to take a look at previous chapters and read how Haruto said he loved Asuka and would never leave her. lol if i remember right he also made this kind of similar promise with Asuka in front of Kazama's grave...Haruto is not afraid of ghost I guess
that's a very good point right there.

plus the fact that Kanzaki told haruto not to let this one go.....

*sigh*

if they had went to okinawai and asuka gets pregnant.... we could end this early....
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 09:51   Link #7688
User68604
Disabled By Request

The bright side of all this is that (hopefully) the manga is finally going to start winding down with the original pairing.
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 10:06   Link #7689
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsudon View Post
*sigh*

if they had went to okinawai and asuka gets pregnant.... we could end this early....
This would just hurt Asuka even more because Haruto will still break up with her

knowing Haruto, it's always his feeling come first

he will probably say something like
"I know you are pregnant, but I have found someone I like, so please break up with me!"
"As for the baby, I want to take responsibility but I am just a teenager (and no $$), so please understand!!"
Edit: even if he has $$$ he won't take responsibility because he would say "he wants a fresh start"....

Seriously, I won't be surprised to hear those, Haruto will do anything to pursue his own happiness
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 10:10   Link #7690
Dorsai

Haha but Haruto would never abandon his own child, even if he would break up with Asuka... Its his personality...

But in reality its first time that Haruto hurt sb seriously because of his chase after his own happiness...

Nanami? It was her own fault that she was too shy to speak with any ppl form her class, too shy to make any serious friends, too shy to pursue her happiness, too shy to try invest in this relationship when she still had chance (in festival it was already too late...)

Kikukawa... It was most because of stupid misunderstanding, Haruto did it wrong, but it ends quickly and she recorver quickly too...

Akari, Takashi when he left to Tokio- they understand it like real friends should always do in this kind of situation...

Kazama- it was his own selfishness which cause that much pain...

With Asuka its first time...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2011-06-23 at 10:22.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 10:22   Link #7691
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

*sigh*

I'm not going to go into detail about anything again.

Do all of you folks who still enjoy KNIM want us to start poking at you as to why you still enjoy it? Do you want us to delude the actual discussions you may be having with the inconsequential ponderings of what you may be getting out of KNIM? Why is it easy for us to leave you guys be while you guys constantly have to egg us on for literally existing? If there's people who enjoy something there's going to be people who don't, deal with it.

Drop it already.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 10:27   Link #7692
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Biggest problem with Seo? He generally starts off pretty good with the story, but generally around the middle to the end he completely wrecks it.
That's with many, many series, if not most. Hell, it may be every series in existence. I think of a movie series, TV series, anime, manga, book series... there just comes a point where the story isn't as good as it used to be. I wonder if there is a formal name for that, like the fresh new story effect dies off or something.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:43   Link #7693
Dorsai

Its same even with masterpiece in manga market like 20th Century Boys... People still complain about last arc when almost all mystery are resolved...

But there is solution! Just write/read only oneshots!! ;p And everybody will be happy!! ;p
Old 2011-06-23, 11:02   Link #7694
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That's with many, many series, if not most. Hell, it may be every series in existence. I think of a movie series, TV series, anime, manga, book series... there just comes a point where the story isn't as good as it used to be. I wonder if there is a formal name for that, like the fresh new story effect dies off or something.
It's called "Jumping the Shark". Look the trope up on tvtropes. :P
Old 2011-06-23, 11:22   Link #7695
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I find this series very disturbing, this is poor example of how slice of life goes, not very realistic decision and actions are plotted. I can also see connection of Asuka being angel/boring and Eba the exciting devil being ploy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I remain in my mind, I would have preferred a bigger development between Asuka and Haruto.
However, I am curious how the story will go on, and how Asuka will react.
Thats what I'm looking forward too, they do live right next to each other. I am guessing, ignoring each other and accidental eye contacts and look away. Split in friends to hang out with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
We all knew it was coming but this was so rushed i had a hard time swallowing it. As you stated im pretty disgusted as well. I was hoping it would play out a little differently with it like this i felt nothing there was no feeling behind it. ugh I love to hate to love Seo im surprised im not raging more given im actually a Asuka fan. More than anything this chapter proved that Haruto is just weak, weak minded. How can he expect people to always understand his position over and over without taking the time to understand others. Hes lucky he only got a slap i wish she would have punched him. However the break up was very inconclusive and the look on Haruto's face when Asuka ran out WTF did you expect! what a douche

I would hope Seo would not make things so easy for Haruto after this. Sometimes people need to go through adversity and i think if Haruto friends alienated him for a while because of what he had done would make him think about his actions a little more. He can still end up with Yuzuki but i would make him work for it. Plus for some reason when Yuzuki finds out i dont think she is just going to take him back with open arms. She is going to feel guilty about Asuka so it might not be all sunshine and daisies.
That would be contradicted to what she did? She bush at the train station, when the group split up and she put Haruto in bind situation at the lake. Saying she can't see him anymore blah blah? Almost kissing, come on now~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Seo isn't incapable of writing a decent story. KNIM used to be decent way back. Rinko Days has been excellent so far. Princess Lucia is also good for what it is.

We only see problems in his weekly "main" series when it runs for hundreds of chapters, like Cross Over, Suzuka, and this. His shorter series and one-shots don't incite that much rage, if any at all.
Agreed that his one-shot were decent, because there wasn't anyway to further under the character themselves

I like Rinko Days, I believe Seo is following a game route or the script, I don't know
Old 2011-06-23, 12:25   Link #7696
Emulator

I donīt get why some people could not see that he doesnīt love Asuka.
He has to be told that he loves Asuka.
He never kisses her. Itīs always Asuka that does it.
He did nothing with her or for her in almost 2 years and there is 0 progression in their relationship.
He used Asukas strap as an excuse to not let Yuzuki go and to spend time with her.
He completely forgot Asuka while having fun with Yuzuki.
He wanted to take the picture from him and Yuzuki home until Yuzuki must remind him that he has a girlfriend.
The only thing what he can say to Rin about why he loves a girl that he is dating for nearly 2 years is that she is cute.
He goes with a random girl to her room being completely aware how it looks.
He goes with the same girl to a place where people have sex being completely aware how it looks and that he should not do it.
He never wanted to know anything about Aukas family.
He does not go to Fukushima with her to help her and make a good impression an her family.
He does not accompany her to the train station to part how how someon that loves his partner would do.
He goes to Hiroshima where Yuzuki is, instead of working for the trip with Asuka.
The whole time he doesnīt wast any thought on Asuka while having fun with Yuzuki.
He never calls Asuka to ask how she and her mother are doing.
After dating her for 2 years the only thing that he can say about his feelings for her is that he thinks he loves her.

The conlusion is that he was only fooling himself and never was really in love with Asuka.
It was clear how it would be.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 13:28   Link #7697
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
I donīt get why some people could not see that he doesnīt love Asuka.
He has to be told that he loves Asuka.
He never kisses her. Itīs always Asuka that does it.
He did nothing with her or for her in almost 2 years and there is 0 progression in their relationship.
He used Asukas strap as an excuse to not let Yuzuki go and to spend time with her.
He completely forgot Asuka while having fun with Yuzuki.
He wanted to take the picture from him and Yuzuki home until Yuzuki must remind him that he has a girlfriend.
The only thing what he can say to Rin about why he loves a girl that he is dating for nearly 2 years is that she is cute.
He goes with a random girl to her room being completely aware how it looks.
He goes with the same girl to a place where people have sex being completely aware how it looks and that he should not do it.
He never wanted to know anything about Aukas family.
He does not go to Fukushima with her to help her and make a good impression an her family.
He does not accompany her to the train station to part how how someon that loves his partner would do.
He goes to Hiroshima where Yuzuki is, instead of working for the trip with Asuka.
The whole time he doesnīt wast any thought on Asuka while having fun with Yuzuki.
He never calls Asuka to ask how she and her mother are doing.
After dating her for 2 years the only thing that he can say about his feelings for her is that he thinks he loves her.

The conlusion is that he was only fooling himself and never was really in love with Asuka.
It was clear how it would be.
majority of people are not pissed about the break up. They are pissed about how it happen and the content involved. We all saw it coming but look at how he broke up with her its was pretty damn cruel.

@Dorsai Haruto's personality was pretty defined before he started dating Eba and in his everyday life he portrayed elements of not only being indecisive but also his inability to be sympathetic other peoples feelings. This is his character i know but it was well defined when we first started this ride and now a couple of years later he still has not grown as a character. He finally broke up with Asuka that took a bit of courage i guess, but look at the circumstances leading him to do so and when he finally did it look at how he did it. Im not saying he needs to be perfect what im saying as a character in his age group he should have matured at least a little i see no evidence of that.
Old 2011-06-23, 13:34   Link #7698
Emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
majority of people are not pissed about the break up. They are pissed about how it happen and the content involved. We all saw it coming but look at how he broke up with her its was pretty damn cruel.

@Dorsai Haruto's personality was pretty defined before he started dating Eba and in his everyday life he portrayed elements of not only being indecisive but also his inability to be sympathetic other peoples feelings. This is his character i know but it was well defined when we first started this ride and now a couple of years later he still has not grown as a character. He finally broke up with Asuka that took a bit of courage i guess, but look at the circumstances leading him to do so and when he finally did it look at how he did it. Im not saying he needs to be perfect what im saying as a character in his age group he should have matured at least a little i see no evidence of that.
Haruto did the right thing. He finally understood his feelings, got his balls back and told Asuka the truth and the reason why he is breaking up with her. Where is the problem? Should he beat around the bush? Should he have lied?
Old 2011-06-23, 13:47   Link #7699
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
Haruto did the right thing. He finally understood his feelings, got his balls back and told Asuka the truth and the reason why he is breaking up with her. Where is the problem? Should he beat around the bush? Should he have lied?
That's not character development. It's just convenience to Seo.

Their entire relationship did absolutely nothing to the story, the time skip did nothing to the story. Hell, you could say it took the death of her friend to even get them to be together and even then nothing happened.

Why?

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 14:14   Link #7700
Emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
That's not character development. It's just convenience to Seo.

Their entire relationship did absolutely nothing to the story, the time skip did nothing to the story. Hell, you could say it took the death of her friend to even get them to be together and even then nothing happened.

Why?
Well, the story so far is that after Haruto and Yuzuki parted Haruto tried to move on and get over her. Harutos best friend died and the woman he loved leaved him. Asuka confessed and said more or less date me or i will leave you. And he accepted because his friends that had absolutely no clue what they were talking about said to him he should date her or he will lose her. They didnīt really know Asuka and what happened in Tokyo. Now Haruto is in a relatuíonship and thinks he loves Asuka but their relationship is nothing more than friends hanging out togther and doing nothing. Yuzuki appears again and after many differnt things happend, especially after Yuzuki confesed and throws the necklace away because she wanted to move on from him and have closure, He understood that he still loves her, risked his life to get the present back and decided to break up with Asuka.

You are asking why nothing happened between Asuka and Haruto? He never stoped loving Yuzuki but thought he would not see her again and he buried his feelings for her deep inside him. He thought that he loved Asuka but his feelings for Yuzuki, his subconscious prevented him to do anything with Asuka.

I hope you can understand what i mean. My English is not very good.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life