AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 27.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 28.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 20.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.69%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-30, 07:18   Link #61
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For some enjoyable fangirling over Saki and Akira -- and some controlled negativity toward Oosugi -- check out the Hey, Say, Anime blog. The negativity toward Oosugi is a lot more under control than in some of the comments to Random Curiosity's post.

yura` expresses my feelings exactly: each episode raises as many questions as it answers, and there's always too long a wait before the next episode, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-30, 07:39   Link #62
ButtercupSaiyan

Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-30, 09:21   Link #63
BlackDove
Unheard

Any of you people notice how dangerous Eden is?
Old 2009-05-30, 10:47   Link #64
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ohsugi's already bordering on obsessive paranoia. Granted there's some basis to his fears but it looks like he'll be taking things a bit too far eventually. It's practically not because he's genuinely intrigued for the persona that is Akira Takizawa, but because he's desperate to get Saki back.

If you can't get the woman directly, destroy the man she's with.

Not an alien idea because I do know of people who have become worse than him.
Old 2009-05-30, 11:02   Link #65
owq

"Who killed Akira Takizawa?" may just mean the "identity" is killed.. It would be too sad to have such a cool character dying..

On the other hand, I would love to see Ohsugi go away..

Why wasn't his Johnny cut off!?
Old 2009-05-30, 12:12   Link #66
taco

Stop hating on Ohsugi. He has every right to suspect a rich guy that pops out of nowhere and pulls Saki off of him. If Akira is known to have multiple names then he has every right to freak out, he could be a terrorist or anything.
Old 2009-05-30, 12:28   Link #67
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Anyways, did anyone notice that even Saki has appeared a little more suspicious of Akira now?:
"Not just his mail. If we don't figure out what that phone is..."
Old 2009-05-30, 12:36   Link #68
kininku buster
I wanna be Itou Makoto

WOW the Ohsugi hate on this board is staggering. I think Ohsugi just wanted to know who the guy was and stumbled across something bigger altogether. I mean if there is multiple people identifying him with different aliases, wouldn't you be a little suspicious too?
Old 2009-05-30, 12:57   Link #69
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDove View Post

Do you mean in the sense that Eden becomes self aware, tries to find Sara O'Conner?
Old 2009-05-30, 13:28   Link #70
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

I don't understand where the idea of Ohsugi wanting to destroy Saki and Akira's relationship, comes from? I don't see it.

I only see a somewhat jealous-yet-now-curious person trying to seek out who this Akira guy is. He never muttered a word of revenge or anything. He probably was too stubborn or annoyed to even bother to ask his buddies about Akira ( and there's only so much they can know about him) so he did some quick digging himself only to fall into a bigger situation I really doubt he expected it to be.

I'm proably one of the few who doesn't hate Ohsugi.
I just find his antics funny and amusing to watch.
Old 2009-05-30, 13:31   Link #71
karumofin

god another really bad episode...
im sorry but for a series that is so short to move at such a pace is unacceptable. my interest is quickly dropping, even after the greatness of last weeks episode.
the whole episode can be summed up with two sentences, akira goes to visit a computer nerd to fix his second phone, satoshi grows suspicious of akira.
if you read these two sentences, then you do not have to watch this episode, at all...
Old 2009-05-30, 13:52   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
im sorry but for a series that is so short to move at such a pace is unacceptable. my interest is quickly dropping, even after the greatness of last weeks episode.
the whole episode can be summed up with two sentences, akira goes to visit a computer nerd to fix his second phone, satoshi grows suspicious of akira.
if you read these two sentences, then you do not have to watch this episode, at all...
So what do you suggest they ought to have done? You missed the bit where pantsu turns out to be more than a computer nerd. Akira finally confides to someone about who he is. Oosugi finding out that Akira has multiple idenities and another insight into Akira's dreams.
Old 2009-05-30, 13:58   Link #73
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebs- View Post
I'm very surprised no one has said anything about Pantsu's comment about there only being 11 Selecao. The possibility of Akira being Mr. OUTSIDE just skyrocketed.
I'm more concerned as to why he believes so. What exactly pantsu knows about the seleçao and why he believes they are 11? My only guess is that he is monitoring their moves and the 12th seleçao didn't make any.

Quote:
You mean the Eden system? When I saw Ohsugi using his phone on random people and quickly find all those informations about them I really though: "wow, now we are talking about privacy here!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
While I not share such negative opinion I am also kinda disappointed. I was expecting that Saki would ask Akira about the seleçao and everything but she said nothing and Akira didn't say a thing either.
Overall this episode didn't show much and it looks more like an anticipation of the next episode. I guess that's why everyone so far only talked about ohsugi ohsugi ohsugi.

Seriously I have the feeling that it's quite easy to be hated by you guys, there aren't that many major characters in this series but there are three of them that are hated to the point people wish to seem them die or something. I wonder what kind of persons are you IRL to make such hard judgments.

Ohsugi has been even compared to Hitler, wow!

I think that you want to hate him, and you see more than there actually is in his actions. He pretty much gave up on Saki, I think it's quite evident, but that doesn't mean he suddenly doesn't care if Saki gets killed. Everyone in his right mind would be scared after seeing that Akira not only is known with many different names but he's reported of being a criminal and even a murderer (did you miss that? 19:40 one of the lines say "murderer").
His suspicion might have started out of jealousy, but ohsugi really doesn't leave me with the impression that he would maliciously try to get Akira and Saki apart without a good reason.

Oh BTW I was expecting some clarification about the whole Ohsugi/rapist thing. But it turned out to be pretty lame, there's even more coincidences than I was previously thinking. Many theories that have been brought up to give an explanation have been completely shattered in this episode.

Old 2009-05-30, 14:08   Link #74
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Oh BTW I was expecting some clarification about the whole Ohsugi/rapist thing. But it turned out to be pretty lame, there's even more coincidences than I was previously thinking. Many theories that have been brought up to give an explanation have been completely shattered in this episode.
Yeah, that was a real downer.
Old 2009-05-30, 14:38   Link #75
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You mean the Eden system? When I saw Ohsugi using his phone on random people and quickly find all those informations about them I really though: "wow, now we are talking about privacy here!"
There's also the problem that users can add tags on any image in the Eden database, even if they didn't post the image themselves, and without any kind of moderation, as demonstrated in this episode with Akira's picture. It makes the whole system really dubious, as you never know if the information is trustworthy.

And by the way, those people Oosugi used the phone on weren't random people, but students from the same University he goes to. I doubt it could recognize people outside the University at this point, as the system is still in a development phase. Although, people outside the university can use the program and add images and also tag images, as Akira did with his dog a few episodes ego (he added the dog to the database and tagged the image with its name and other misc info). It's just that it's still fairly unknown outside the campus.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2009-05-30 at 14:51.
Old 2009-05-30, 14:41   Link #76
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Wow. Such a great episode again.
Spoiler for cruel thoughts about the romance aspect and Saki, Oosugi. (some Saki biased dislike included unfortunately, Fanboys/Fangirls be warned):
Spoiler for OK on with the mystery. Long post (no Saki here ;) ):
Old 2009-05-30, 14:58   Link #77
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I was actually amazed how noone ever mentioned the soccer reference. The first thing that comes to my mind when someone says "seleçao" is the brazilian national soccer team.

It should be also said that originally a soccer team was comprised of 11 players and 1 coach. so 12 in total. only after a while they allowed substitutions and now a team can have thrice that amount of players. However I don't think this would lead us anywhere, I really can't see what kind of connection there could be between our seleçao and the brazilian national soccer team.

Quote:
Moving on, I'm dying to know what #11 said when she called Akira on at the beginning. Why are we skipping such juicy details out? :/
I don't think it was a call, just the usual convenient notice about number 11 actions. Akira read that message later and it says Diana bought the police to cover everything up.

Quote:
However it seems that all the 20000 NEETS survived the Dubai incident, and they came back to Japan, because it seems likely they are the ones who wrote all the hateful messages about Akira.
I think the whole totality of those 20.000 NEETs know him as Takizawa Akira. Takizawa Akira is the name that's written in the place where they were kept prisoner and the NEET that reconizes him also calls him Takizawa Akira.

And that mean Akira must have done a lot of other incredible things with his fake identities.
I'm actually pretty curious about the lines that says he was spotted stealing something at one of the careless monday crater.

Quote:
I wonder how does the Eden system identify people from the back. Are there enough features on someone's back?
Akira himself was surprised by this feature. And yes that's really impossible, even for a human it's hard.

About the dream sequence. Something at this point makes me think that Akira actually knew someone named or nicknamed Johnny. That person in his dream gets visualized as that alienlike thing because his erased memory doesn't allow him to remember his true aspect. I suspect that this Johnny was his friend and he "lost" him for some reasons. Or maybe he calls him Johnny because he can't remember his name either

Old 2009-05-30, 15:09   Link #78
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I remember reading about the football relation somewhere, but now that we see that (according to Pantsu) there are 11 players instead of 12 it seems even more related, despite how dubious it seems (and doesn't even answer any major question to be honest).

Oh yeah, certainly, it's possible it was just a notice about purchasing the "destroy evidence and distract police". I haven't thought about that yet. I wonder what Akira could think about the Illusion entry.

Well, it is possible that the 20000 NEETs know him as Takizawa Akira. We gonna find out about his past deeds next episode hopefully. I reckon some of the comments about him might be exaggerated though.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:12   Link #79
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I have no doubt they are. The problem is Ohsugi has no way to know since he doesn't know Akira at all.

Anyway it's not like I can really say that Akira is a complete honest and pure person. He might have not killed anyone with the careless monday but what about personal property? he might have caused a damage equal or superior to his Noblesse Oblige.

Also his actions against the NEETs might have been done with a good intent but that doesn't change the fact that mass abduction is a serious crime

Old 2009-05-30, 15:26   Link #80
golthin

Quote:
in which way? Eden is like a search engine, but it is more advanced because instead of words uses images. Since when being able to access information is dangerous?
Closed Thread