AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-17, 19:01   Link #61
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

A decent TV can roll for as little as a hundred bucks, but I think given Sharo's situation, it's probably a luxury that she doesn't necessarily needs. Not buying a TV she hardly would watch is probably more financially prudent!
Old 2020-10-17, 19:24   Link #62
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, considering she's always on the lookout for sales and carefully keeping track so she can be sure to keep food on the table every month, I get the feeling she rarely gets much surplus that she can put into luxuries. If we were talking a ten dollar expenditure she might consider it, but a full hundred dollars is well outside of what she can afford. Pretty sure if she had an extra hundred, she'd save it in case next month she found herself short.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-17, 19:36   Link #63
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Yeah, honestly I was thinking something along those lines. This can't begin to compare to the instant-sugar-coma level of cuteness that was Tokimeki Poporon. That said, I doubt any other kind of ending would have escaped either. This series is rather firmly founded on cuteness for cuteness' sake, so any ending would be measured by how cute it is next to that. And this isn't bad by a long shot, it's just the equivalent of a really good high school runner going up against an Olympic-grade sprinter.
True.
But just to make sure, I checked the first season's, and it was trump cards with all of the characters in it. And that was cute in its own way.
So yeah, this season's ED was clearly a "This was well-received last season, so do it again stupid animators!" type of thing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-17, 20:53   Link #64
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was a fun test of courage Rize kept hitting Sharo with water instead of Chiya but at less they got a good scare in when they fell into the mud scaring Cocoa
Old 2020-10-17, 21:20   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, the new ED can't quite compare to what season 2 gave. But it would be pretty near impossible to match that much less surpass it. Had a cute little story in there and so I can't complain about it .

The episode was really good. Nice focus on Syaro overall. Like focusing back a bit on her and Chiya and bonding more with Cocoa. At least until both started interfering with her store's business .

Range attacks against Chiya are utterly ineffective!
Old 2020-10-18, 11:34   Link #66
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
True.
But just to make sure, I checked the first season's, and it was trump cards with all of the characters in it. And that was cute in its own way.
So yeah, this season's ED was clearly a "This was well-received last season, so do it again stupid animators!" type of thing.
You really think people would've been satisfied if they went back to something like that? I'm pretty sure people would've been even more disappointed if their delightful ending wound up being nothing but another roulette of pics. I'd say this's the best they could do and I'm happy enough with it. Though honestly I'd have been happy if they just brought 2 back, sort of like how Log Horizon reused their opening (again one that would be hard to exceed)
Old 2020-10-18, 11:43   Link #67
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I don't watch GochiUsa for the endings alone, so it's a non-issue for me.
Old 2020-10-18, 12:24   Link #68
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Oh, same here. I was just recognizing that that one part of the show did not and frankly could not surpass the previous. The rest is every bit as adorable and fun as it always has been.
Old 2020-10-18, 13:13   Link #69
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
You really think people would've been satisfied if they went back to something like that? I'm pretty sure people would've been even more disappointed if their delightful ending wound up being nothing but another roulette of pics. I'd say this's the best they could do and I'm happy enough with it. Though honestly I'd have been happy if they just brought 2 back, sort of like how Log Horizon reused their opening (again one that would be hard to exceed)
I was just implying that there was no rule that Gochiusa's ED had to be about three lolis being cute, therefore, the reason they did two in a roll is because...

Though I would personally be satisfied. Of course, I would be even more satisfied if creativity was used to create a different ED overall, not one that is a lesser version of any of the previous.
Of course, maybe like you said, this is the best they can do. I personally would like to think they had more ability, but yeah, we can say that too.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-10-18, 14:24   Link #70
BWTraveller
Born to ship

More like the best period. Cuteness like last season's ED is very hard to surpass. Expecting someone to make something superior to the last every single time is kind of unrealistic, no matter how creative they are. Especially after they manage to make something really, REALLY great.
Old 2020-10-18, 19:16   Link #71
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
More like the best period. Cuteness like last season's ED is very hard to surpass. Expecting someone to make something superior to the last every single time is kind of unrealistic, no matter how creative they are. Especially after they manage to make something really, REALLY great.
Hmm, well, that is hard to say. If they were creative, I would think they wouldn't have gone the "Let's just try the last popular thing again" route.
Furthermore, if they tried something different, people wouldn't care as much of whether it is "superior" to the previous. After all, if they are two different things (like compared to ED1), then it is more of a matter of taste. But if they do two similar things, then people are bound to compare the two and decide which one is better and thus superior. Thus in this case, I would not expect them to make something superior each time, as 1. It isn't possible considering how good the previous one was, and 2. I'd prefer they not try to compete with their previous ED by doing something similar.

Old 2020-10-20, 03:01   Link #72
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

this episode reminds me that Syaro is poor. And that show they're watching reminds me a bit of the anime Kaitou Saint Tail.

Cocoa in that summer uniform is just too cute!
if ever a good figure of Cocoa in that uniform is released.. might buy if within my budget range.

and lastly. The only thing needed is for Syaro to know the character.. then she can cosplay properly. Which reminds me.. cosplayers in our cosplay community who don't watch or barely watched the character they're cosplaying are looked down upon.. because they usually don't know how to act the character.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 11:05   Link #73
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Starting to look like all of Chimame-Tai are going to Rize and Sharo's school. But even though they're just a few months away from starting high school they still look like first-year junior high students. Something tells me even when they make it to college they're going to be exactly the same.

On another note, who the heck suggested a SEX MUSEUM for the culture festival!?
Old 2020-10-24, 11:25   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I can't say that I expected Maya to end up leaning towards the rich girl school. But I suppose it does fit in nicely with the previous episode about her being uneasy about high school and friends going different ways. Just didn't expect her to end up potentially being in the same spot as Syaro in terms of being able to get in through that scholarship.

Of course even with the push in that direction, I'd still expect Chino to end up going to Cocoa and Chiya's school. After all she only commented on them catching "salutations syndrome" instead of sharing in that herself. I do think she's tempted of course. And I don't think the costs would stop things since I can't imagine her dad would let that stand in the way. But I think she does want to go to the same school as Cocoa even if it would just be for a year. And I'd say she's gained a lot of growth to the degree that she could be ok even if she went to a different school than her friends.

Was almost waiting for the punchline of Megu actually getting unsure about whether she'd end up going to that school or not . Didn't seem to settle in as smoothly as Maya did, but to be fair she was walking around giving 'yes sir' responses to Rize .

That was a good episode and did reflect how time keeps on passing. Eventually that trio will have to make their move to high school. Same to be said in a sense for Rize who won't be there for that much longer.
Old 2020-10-24, 15:19   Link #75
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
On another note, who the heck suggested a SEX MUSEUM for the culture festival!?
That's what I'd like to know. It seems far removed from the typical aesthetic expected of GochiUsa, and I'm willing to bet that it was probably inserted as a joke of sorts. This was, all in all, an excellent episode, especially for showing us a side of Maya that was completely unexpected.
Old 2020-10-24, 18:48   Link #76
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was funny as usual, but also an interesting episode with some character development for Chimame. Seems like Megu and Maya will definitely go to that school. Curious which choice Chino will eventually make. And yeah, those three don't look their age at all.
Old 2020-10-24, 19:34   Link #77
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Seriously they should be about fifteen now. I'd understand one fifteen-year-old who looks young (when I was in high school I once met a fifteen-year-old girl who looked eight, was real tired of people asking if she was looking for her mommy), but this's kind of ridiculous.
Old 2020-10-24, 20:44   Link #78
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a lot of hijinx in rich person school but the girls did look nice in those uniforms
Old 2020-10-24, 23:49   Link #79
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was funny as usual, but also an interesting episode with some character development for Chimame. Seems like Megu and Maya will definitely go to that school. Curious which choice Chino will eventually make. And yeah, those three don't look their age at all.
They don't. But I get it. Reworking character designs for the sake of passage of time might not be preferred by the creator. It'd be more natural, but they definitely look older than kids which is clear when interacting with actual children.

Pretty normal for the show anyways to be rather flexible with believable things. Like the same uniform perfectly fitting Cocoa, Aoyama, and Megu .

I'm just glad the story does progress at a fairly steady pace. Getting to an interesting time of Chino and company looking at their high school options. Probably not this season, but could legitimately see them going to high school with Syaro, Cocoa, and Chiya. That's a fun thing. And hey maybe they'll suddenly have their growth spurts before the entrance ceremony .
Old 2020-10-25, 02:40   Link #80
rladls2121

I feel like episode 3 kind of felt long.

Chiya, she cries often in this season.

It is only a matter of time that Chino will use the word, "Onee-sama" more often compared to "Onee-chan" Cocoa pushing her for all this time if Chino ends up going to the rich-girls school.

The classmates of Cocoa's and Chiya's though, i do not recall they ever went to Rabbit House before.
It is really lacking though, Cocoa did not explain anything more to Chino about her school in actual details.

Im really curious about how much longer overall if not permament everyone will be inseparable in the future.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga time kirara, slice of life