AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-09, 15:41   Link #61
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I kind of expected this ep to be a setup ep for whats to come, though I was surprised Kamui just wasnt allowed to charge straight to Ragna. I guess it makes sense; gotta get rid of the other dragons before the main show. Nonetheless, seeing Ragna to mingle with the Lese military folk was nice so that even if some(or all) of them bite the dust, we at least can have a little sympathy for them.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 21:34   Link #62
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Ragna just owning everyone in that base just taking there weapons and just powering them up

Well the Slime should of kept his mouth shut but at less those twins are having some fun
Old 2023-12-10, 16:07   Link #63
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm actually surprised no one from Ragna's side mentioned the twins' clearly dragon eyes until now, even though Ultimatia mentioned the other guy

That said, I think Slime is stronger than the two. But he's not allowed to kill them, so he's doing nothing

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-16, 14:53   Link #64
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Tara's dive into the base can really be better.
Compare to the manga powerful paneling, the animation here just felt floaty.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-16, 15:14   Link #65
frubam
simp for Lyria

Well; it wasn't until this episode that I realized Starlia and Leo have the same hair color. Yeah, its an anime, where all chars can have all colors under the sun, but since it's an unusual color, I'm going with the possibility that they might be related somehow. Would explain why Leo is so powerful when being so young. Would also explain why Lia's and Leo's charisma is so high and has such a profound effect on Ragna.

Also, really clever from Crimson to have Ragna infuse the swords. I thought it was just some way to avoid damaging Ragna's body from his ultimate form, but it was actually a manipulative tactic to ensure Tara and Zora wouldn't recognize Ragna as the Reaper and call Kamui right away. I'd thought he'd be kinda sucky without his ultimate form, but he looked pretty cool with the 3 swords.

Also I didn't think it made much of a difference when characters(over the course of the series) remarked that Ragna's swords were 'average craftsmanship' because all that mattered was the silverine infusion. Now I see that the craftsmanship of the weapon may play a part in how strong it actually is. Guess Lia's in this for the long haul, if her purpose is to provide Ragna with a superior weapon.

This series is ticking all the right boxes for me. Pacing is right where I like it; it doesnt meander in frolicking too long before getting to the fights, and it doesn't feel like it pads the fights with unnecessary verbal jargon.

Old 2023-12-16, 21:43   Link #66
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Starlia is reacting really like a maiden when she comes around Ragna and she really cant stand it really putting a hole in that concrete wall
Old 2023-12-23, 23:56   Link #67
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

No episode this week, so I guess last week's cliffhanger was the end of the first cour.
I'm surprised to say how much this anime has grown on my that I find it unfortunate there is no episode this week.
Damn its good.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2023-12-24, 01:20   Link #68
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
No episode this week, so I guess last week's cliffhanger was the end of the first cour.
I'm surprised to say how much this anime has grown on my that I find it unfortunate there is no episode this week.
Damn its good.
Same. No episode for THREE weeks (T.T )
https://twitter.com/ragnacrimson_PR/...23105524728044

It gives you just enough story to keep you engaged, doesn't rely on basic tricks like ridiculous cliffhangers(although the beating up Ultimetia was one) to keep you invested in it. Ever since the 5th ep, I've been more interested it this than other series that are objectively(or subjectively) better than this that I'm watching.

It's rather unusual to end the season like this; usually they would have finished the current arc before jumping to break(see just about any anime this season that's continuing into next season).

Old 2023-12-24, 01:57   Link #69
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
It's rather unusual to end the season like this; usually they would have finished the current arc before jumping to break(see just about any anime this season that's continuing into next season).
That's because they are ending the current arc is long which takes 11 volume
No way to fit it into just 1 cour, which us why this show is 2 cour from the get go.
They already stop the show at the best place possible, which is the very last pure comedy section of this arc.
There will be no breather from this point on.
Old 2023-12-24, 02:38   Link #70
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
That's because they are ending the current arc is long which takes 11 volume
No way to fit it into just 1 cour, which us why this show is 2 cour from the get go.
They already stop the show at the best place possible, which is the very last pure comedy section of this arc.
There will be no breather from this point on.
I wasn't really criticizing it, just making an observation. Nonetheless, that's good to know, since thinking it will end in 2 eps like the previous arcs/fights would change my level of impatience for the episodes.

Old 2024-01-13, 13:22   Link #71
scififan

Starlia decides to seek refuge with the solar church, the only human faction can stand dragon army. Some of her soldiers decided to go home. Those who remain are taking the last stand. Meanwhile, Ragna has another shounen manga style blood fight alone.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 19:23   Link #72
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Just by the OP we can tell the budget is running low.
The fluidity of the fight scene remains low as well.
I guess I need to drop my expectations even lower on the upcoming Kamui fight.
Old 2024-01-13, 21:47   Link #73
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it finely in mid fight with Ragna barely holding on when Shin & Garm coming to the rescue with that broken body of his

Shin really growing stronger after 70 fights with Ragna
Old 2024-01-13, 22:24   Link #74
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep13:

Old 2024-01-20, 12:10   Link #75
scififan

Ragna butchers bunches dragon.
Crimson burns the invading white dragon that can stop time.
The silver princess is beaten. Before she receives the finish blow, Ragna's apporaching makes enemy hard to ignore him.
Old 2024-01-20, 16:44   Link #76
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This episodes Crimson theater can honestly done better.
I felt the dark humor there weren't properly delivered.

And the still frame continues to increase. Oh budget, where is the budget.
Old 2024-01-20, 21:39   Link #77
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it seem that everyone is hitting the wall really bad but it seem that those three idiots are going beyond common sense
Old 2024-01-27, 11:53   Link #78
scififan

Ragna is trying to be familiar with his future skills. So, he becomes an non-stoppable killing machine. However, a lot of defenders are already killed.

Crimson sort of betrays his allies, for the "greater good". However, his attempt is foiled by a girl. He realizes that silver princess has good sense to picking up talents.
Old 2024-01-27, 13:50   Link #79
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Crimson theater this episode is good quality.
And always enjoyable to see Crimson flop like this.
The konahazudehaaa!! is perfect.

Last edited by shmaster; 2024-01-27 at 14:13.
Old 2024-01-27, 13:56   Link #80
frubam
simp for Lyria

GOOD! GET RID OF THAT B****ARD CRIMSON! BANISH HIM FOR GOOD! Now we get Ragna to have the opportunity to get even more buddy-buddy with the corps without the annoying interference.