AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-03-04, 14:53   Link #61
Shaka_Z

considering the revelations so far from the raws of 438, I have been reminded of something very important that everyone needs to consider:

the japanese see the concepts of romance and love in particular from an entirely different perspective from westerners - who make up the vast majority of those participating in english-language forums like this one. granted, they have assimilated a number of things from western culture with respect to those concepts in the post WW2 era, but their foundation is still uniquely japanese. it behooves those of us who are not intimately familiar with that way of thinking to not color things too much with the western romantic ideology.

it is quite possible that if Hinata survives, it may in fact bring the naruhina relationship to fruition. It depends in large part on both her survival and continued love for naruto despite his burden, and might signal a return of kishi's attention to the development of the rest of the cast for awhile. matter of fact, I think sakura in particular is taking on more and more of a sisterly relationship with naruto (and in retrospect I think that die has been cast since the beginning).
Shaka_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 15:18   Link #62
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ah so that would include even the non-ninja relatives of hanzou... or the various non-ninja citizens of kohona they would have been killed in his attack if not for tsunade... or the millions of people that will die at due to the jutsu he creates...
no he's not bloodthirsty... he's just completely ruthless and unmerciful
Like i said... he kills anyone who threatens his goal...
What he did to Konoha is his eyes was justice...
and you can tell if you read his convo wit Tsunade...
Konoha (along with other villages) had the same thing to his village...
The millions that may die from his jutsu is what he believes is necessary to attain PEACE...
People who have power can understand words...
especially when it isn't beneficial to them...
But they understand overwhelming power....
Those who die are only the ones who the village is willingly to sacrifice for power.. war.. and etc.
What he did in the Hanzou situation was smart....
He eliminated all possible threats... Hanzou loyalist...
When a King has fallen... the warriors of that kingdom become servant to their children as the heir to the throne...
Same thing applies with the Hanzou loyalist ... so he killed to prevent it...
simple as that
So stop hatin on Pein's awesome kickassness
Tryna make him look like he aint got a heart or sumthin
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 15:25   Link #63
kelcya

^ wtf spam

hinata is alive! im so happy :cries:
kelcya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 15:29   Link #64
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
He treats his enemies like you would treat a bug, he doesn't care one lick about their existence, and will squash them thusly... if he says he kills someone then they are dead... he's a guy who would kill every man, woman and child that was even remotely related to foe... as such he would not spare hinata, and would kill her just to make naruto feel pain (which is his goal to do to just about everyone)...
Yep and that is how Pain wants the world to feel.

BTW fellas, it isn't over, not yet Pain is gonna use that forbidden Jutsu and put an end to this stray!!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 15:32   Link #65
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Yep and that is how Pain wants the world to feel.

BTW fellas, it isn't over, not yet Pain is gonna use that forbidden Jutsu and put an end to this stray!!
And naruto will use the amazing power of plot no jutsu to endure it
Old 2009-03-04, 15:40   Link #66
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Let's hope that ain't the case.^^^
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 15:43   Link #67
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Personally, I'm psyched that Hinata is still alive because now there is some very real hope of a bit of NaruHina development! Now that she's confessed, they might actually become a couple at some point. I would be very happy as a Hinata fan for her to finally get Naruto's attention.

In my opinion, since there are so few official pairings in Naruto that actually get attention, it might be interesting. Yeah, I know it's not exactly a relationship manga, but even a little would be nice.
Old 2009-03-04, 15:51   Link #68
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Personally, I'm psyched that Hinata is still alive because now there is some very real hope of a bit of NaruHina development! Now that she's confessed, they might actually become a couple at some point. I would be very happy as a Hinata fan for her to finally get Naruto's attention.

In my opinion, since there are so few official pairings in Naruto that actually get attention, it might be interesting. Yeah, I know it's not exactly a relationship manga, but even a little would be nice.
Yeah me too...
I Think a NaruHina is only right... and fitting...
Being as though everybody else (especially Sakura) treated him like CRAP! before..
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 15:54   Link #69
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Personally, I'm psyched that Hinata is still alive because now there is some very real hope of a bit of NaruHina development!
But romance at shonen action manga are never fully displayed... there is just too many things to solve to just start a love relationship, it's ok as comic relief, but hell, this is a shonen action manga...

I would prefer the real history of Madara after his defeat at VotE than to see a flaming war between shippers because some pointless love history. Because is pointless waste time and ink in something that is not related to manga AT ALL!.

If you want to see love relationships, there is plenty of "romance shonen" out there...
Old 2009-03-04, 16:04   Link #70
james0246

^or better yet, simply go read a romance shoujo, seinen or josei series (go for the josei or seinen if you want to see cartoon breasts...).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 16:10   Link #71
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
And naruto will use the amazing power of plot no jutsu to endure it
I don't think so, after reading the 439 chapter preview.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 16:19   Link #72
TwinRivers

KingOfWorlds said:
Quote:
So stop hatin on Pein's awesome kickassness
Tryna make him look like he aint got a heart or sumthin
Hmmmm...the phrase:

"I hate you for what you do, not who you are..." comes to mind.
TwinRivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 16:22   Link #73
cheez-it_god
chemo brain

Send a message via AIM to cheez-it_god Send a message via MSN to cheez-it_god Send a message via Yahoo to cheez-it_god
Didn't Hell Pain spare one Konoha-nin's soul when he realized he was honestly oblivious to Naruto's whereabouts?
cheez-it_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 16:27   Link #74
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Lol , well...i wouldnt mind a S-rank fight. With allot of attacks we never seen, but than again...we want to see progress. So yea......S-rank attack...but not TO long of a fight
S-rank fight? The battle has been S-rank right from the beginning.
It was right from the start a battle that only S-ranked Akatsuki members or Kages could deal with.

Even the S-ranked missions that Kakashi once in a while gets probably have battles that are definetly below this battle. Though those missions are probably more focussed on spying on enemy ground, scrolls (info), assasination or the capture of someone important.
Old 2009-03-04, 16:27   Link #75
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
But romance at shonen action manga are never fully displayed... there is just too many things to solve to just start a love relationship, it's ok as comic relief, but hell, this is a shonen action manga...
There's much more romance driven plot then in dragon ball. In DB there was no lengthy introduction to the relationship, they just suddenly married and had children. There were hints, but there were no love triangles and evolving relationships. The Naruto-Hinata part is similar to Goku-Chichi, Sakura is like Bulma, good friend to Naruto and smart girl to think instead of Naruto. Sasuke is like Vegita If Pain is Freeza then this is the Freeza vs Goku fight where we see SSJ Naruto , that is Sage Naruto or maybe even Kyuubi-Sage-Naruto. Since SSJ Goku was definitely stronger then Freeza it may be that there will be a SuperSageKyuubi Naruto who will be stronger then Deva Pain
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 16:31   Link #76
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
With the relatives of Hanzou it is actually a smart thing to avoid potential threats of revenge, it's like Jehu from Kings in the Bible he killed all of Ahaz's relatives and friends.
however this includes all non-ninjas and people who couldn't possibly hope to oppose him... by this logic just about everyone in world, if a "potential threat" as they will all eventually want revenge against him... hell right now every single person in kohona wants revenge against him.

What he did to Hanzou was making a point, that those who fight will suffer... because of the role Hanzou played in the world everyone he has every known suffers... if you fight everyone you ever know will suffer... This is what Pain is about, he is all about showing people pain and making them suffer fore he sees that as the path to peace

And this would include Hinata; he "killed" for no other reason than to make naruto suffer... and as i pointed out time and time again in the last thread, there is a big difference between killing someone, and making someone think you killed them; the later of which practically goes against Pain's philosophy

Quote:
What I was saying is that once Kakashi was incapacitated and near death, Pein was content with that. He feels no need to confirm every kill.
he thought that Kakashi was completely dead cause he saw no way for him to avoid taking a nail to the face... by the time he realized kakashi was still alive he was long gone, and he doesn't exactly have time to clean up every ninja he left behind... had he realized kakashi was still alive before he left he would have finished the job; much like he tried to do with the nail... how he manages to not kill hinata with a single blow is nothing short of plotkai...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
There's much more romance driven plot then in dragon ball. In DB there was no lengthy introduction to the relationship, they just suddenly married and had children. There were hints, but there were no love triangles and evolving relationships. The Naruto-Hinata part is similar to Goku-Chichi, Sakura is like Bulma, good friend to Naruto and smart girl to think instead of Naruto. Sasuke is like Vegita If Pain is Freeza then this is the Freeza vs Goku fight where we see SSJ Naruto , that is Sage Naruto or maybe even Kyuubi-Sage-Naruto. Since SSJ Goku was definitely stronger then Freeza it may be that there will be a SuperSageKyuubi Naruto who will be stronger then Deva Pain
Well, not sure how well the those dragonball pairings match up to the naruto one, but it does seem to put out the idea how ridiculous some of the ships have gotten... Goku and chichi getting together without any actual plot development... Vegita getting together with bulma despite god knows how much... kishi, your doing toriyama proud
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 16:48   Link #77
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-I'll apologize for the upcoming cruelty that I am going to display but I have to get this out of the way. Looking at the spoilers I am catching myself looking at Hinata and thinking "Oh, just die already". As far as I am concerned, if this is a kind of contrived reason to pair off 2 characters I would personally spit at Kishimoto's face. Don't get me wrong, NarutoxHinata is fine by me but if they are going to be together just because she risked her life for him then I'll sooner call this "entrapment" than a reason for a pairing. Should Hinata survive Naruto has no choice but to be with her or if you prefer, he is then "obligated" to be with her. Call me sadistic, vile and vindictive if you must but I'd much rather have Hinata die and exist as a fond memory for Naruto than a living chain that binds him to her. I'm sorry, but if all it takes in the Narutoverse to win the love of your life is to come up and get smacked senseless then Naruto should have "rocked the casbah" with Sasuke right after their fight with Haku and their Orochimaru encounter. And if the yaoi of such a prospect bothers the few of you, then he should have already done it with Sakura after the whole Gaara fiasco. And if this is offending the shippers well I'm sorry but I missed the meeting where life-threatening situation+3 words of affection+magical survival=true love.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2009-03-04 at 17:06.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 16:48   Link #78
james0246

^LOL, I brought up your Sasuke point in the last chapter thread, but I completely forgot about Sakura.
Quote:
he thought that Kakashi was completely dead cause he saw no way for him to avoid taking a nail to the face... by the time he realized kakashi was still alive he was long gone, and he doesn't exactly have time to clean up every ninja he left behind... had he realized kakashi was still alive before he left he would have finished the job; much like he tried to do with the nail... how he manages to not kill hinata with a single blow is nothing short of plotkai...
I agree with you completely. It seems Hinatra was saved the same way Tsunade was saved from her heart being destroyed by Kabuto in Part I...

Quote:
Well, not sure how well the those dragonball pairings match up to the naruto one, but it does seem to put out the idea how ridiculous some of the ships have gotten... Goku and chichi getting together without any actual plot development... Vegita getting together with bulma despite god knows how much... kishi, your doing toriyama proud
Here's hoping that Kishimoto remembers that Goku only went Super when he saw Krillan (or whatever the bald dude's name was) die. So, Naruto going KT6 must mean that Hinata is dead or going to die .

Last edited by james0246; 2009-03-04 at 17:55.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 16:58   Link #79
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

if Pain was going for the heart it is not that rare for some people to be born with their heart be a few inches off form where it usually is.

So Pain could just miss Hinata's heart by inches because it is actually a inch or 2 more to the right or left.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:02   Link #80
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if Pain was going for the heart it is not that rare for some people to be born with their heart be a few inches off form where it usually is.

So Pain could just miss Hinata's heart by inches because it is actually a inch or 2 more to the right or left.
-Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that also an example of plot-no-jutsu protection? That explaination reminds me of how Revolver Ocelot forgot Lady Fortune's heart in MGS2 was located on her right instead of her left. Yet, he confirmed that he knew about it but "conveniently" forgot it when he shot her.