AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-07-27, 02:50   Link #781
Serovectra

He linked me to a pdf file that I can't even open. So yeah, I haven't been able to look at it.
Old 2017-07-27, 02:56   Link #782
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serovectra View Post
Sure I do, it means you think you are the opposite gender of the gender you were assigned with at birth. And only hormone therapy or sex reassignment can remedy that.
if you are pre op or post op you still fall under the umbrella term of "transgender"
And regardless of that, the ban targets all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serovectra View Post
He linked me to a pdf file that I can't even open. So yeah, I haven't been able to look at it.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...litary_Service
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2017-07-27, 04:00   Link #783
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-07-27, 05:00   Link #784
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
*stuff*
And you said nothing about the F35 program.

Oh, and dont worry about USA destroying other countries, ISIS is looking to take up the task since they seems to have moved their eyes to countries like Philippines.
Old 2017-07-27, 05:04   Link #785
Key Board
Carbon

You made the point that is was a joint project and thus the spending is also shared.
And that it's already progressed too far to stop it
I personally don't understand why allies would buy a plane that is generally accepted to be a overpriced mediocre at best design, but that's politics I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Oh, and dont worry about USA destroying other countries, ISIS is looking to take up the task since they seems to have moved their eyes to countries like Philippines.
reckless warmongering enables conditions for groups like ISIL to thrive.
Also I've talked to Duterte supporters and the consensus is pretty much "We trust China over the US"
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2017-07-27 at 05:18.
Old 2017-07-27, 09:57   Link #786
Blueknight78

i thnk the big poblem stil being trump agenda of undo and erase every track of obama, he is doing his true agenda, which is make sure undo everything obama did before him, basically trump objective since the beginning, he have really a big grudge against obama.

and to think which he "promissed" during his campaing to "help" the LGBT, this show how must trump is trusthworth, well the good part is which he is doing something never saw before which is destroy one big party by going so crazy which even peoples inside his party are getting tired of him and his crazyness, this is why he is losing support from the congress and slowly some republicians are turning they back to him and even start to support the democrats party, the only reason which i can see which he not get a impeachment is really because he still not did a big damage to gope or put then in a really big trouble, in the moment peoples on usa also start to attack the gope i can easy see a fast switch and the republician pull a impeachment on him, because he really showed how "mad and crazy"he is, trump really don't care if friendly or enemie when comes to "attack" and show which he is the "boss".

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-07-27 at 10:11.
Old 2017-07-27, 10:04   Link #787
The Green One

He gets so frustrated when people don't do what he tells them to do, whether he's right or wrong. That's apparently the Trump definition of loyalty.

I think that sums up Trump pretty well. He expects his word to be law and for everyone to shut up and fall in line and do what they're told.

Impeachment isn't something that's decided on overnight. I would be extremely surprised to see anything actually happen on that before Midterm elections at the earliest. Depending on wether or not anything changes after the elections in regards to the senate, house, and congress will likely determine if anything happens at all. If the Republicans keep or increase their majority, Impeachment is doubtful unless Trump does something blatantly illegal, unforgivable, or treasonous and forces their hands. If Democrats recover majority somewhere they'll likely just settle in to block and obstruct anything and everything Trump does with the unspoken threat of Impeachment to try to keep him from striking out too much.
Old 2017-07-27, 10:26   Link #788
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
He gets so frustrated when people don't do what he tells them to do, whether he's right or wrong. That's apparently the Trump definition of loyalty.
Nothing in Trump's former life has prepared him for being President of the United States. He ran a family business and surrounded himself with toadies and family members. He expected to run the country in more or less the same fashion. In fact he thought it would be easier to be President than to run his business! On-the-job training seems to consist of Trump realizing that health care is "complicated," and as a result turning his attention to simpler things like tossing thousands of transgender service members out of the military.

By the way, he took this action to satisfy right-wing Members of Congress who wanted to stop paying for transgender surgeries (costing just a few million dollars a year in a $700 billion defense budget). They threatened to withhold support for the defense budget which includes $1.6 billion to begin construction of the Wall along the Rio Grande. The opponents failed to get the House leadership or Defense Secretary Mattis to sign on to their request, so they put their case before Trump. Yesterday's tweet-from-outer-space was the result. “This is like someone told the White House to light a candle on the table and the WH set the whole table on fire,” said a senior House Republican aide.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2017-07-27 at 10:45.
Old 2017-07-27, 15:36   Link #789
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
“This is like someone told the White House to light a candle on the table and the WH set the whole table on fire,” said a senior House Republican aide.
this summit trump very well, indeed the peoples which asked him to ban was just the "money costs, not the peoples then he goes the famous or 1 or 100 and goes 100 because that is how he know to act.
Old 2017-07-27, 16:59   Link #790
MCAL

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-l...eve-bannon/amp

Well, Trump has finally found his soulmate.
Old 2017-07-27, 18:42   Link #791
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-l...eve-bannon/amp

Well, Trump has finally found his soulmate.
well it's gonna be fun, see trump and scaramucci being the "only ones in the WH, "together", maybe this can help trump "get over his love for putin since is become more and more hard for him to be with his "loved one.
Old 2017-07-28, 01:34   Link #792
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Un-frickin-believable!!

Obamacare skinny repeal is now well and truly dead. And the senator to kill it was none other than John McCain!!

The moment when it happened.
Old 2017-07-28, 02:07   Link #793
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'm not sure how much longer my heart can take this government for the next 3.5 years. I've talked a lot of shit about Mccain in the past, but I'll give credit where credit is due for standing up for what is right today. Also big thanks to Collins and Murkowski.

Back to your regular partisan bickering tomorrow. What a fucking day.
Old 2017-07-28, 03:30   Link #794
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Un-frickin-believable!!

Obamacare skinny repeal is now well and truly dead. And the senator to kill it was none other than John McCain!!

The moment when it happened.
So, Obamacare is saved?
Old 2017-07-28, 04:13   Link #795
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

This try is dead. Nothing stops the republicans with coming up with another idea of how to repeal Obamacare.
Old 2017-07-28, 04:48   Link #796
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
This try is dead. Nothing stops the republicans with coming up with another idea of how to repeal Obamacare.
It seems they would need to wait one year before they can try again. By McCain saying no at exactly the right moment, they would not be able to pass any changes with Republican votes only. This special amendment vote is only doable once a year apparently, and any other time they need 60 votes to pass.
Old 2017-07-28, 08:44   Link #797
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This special amendment vote is only doable once a year apparently, and any other time they need 60 votes to pass.
The health care changes were added as an amendment to the annual "budget reconciliation" bill to enable it to pass with just a majority and avoid a filibuster. Such bills can only affect spending and taxation and may not contain any new substantive provisions. The provision to remove funding from Planned Parenthood teetered on the edge of acceptability, but the Senate's Parliamentarian apparently agreed to let it be included.

Perhaps they should try and design a healthcare law that would actually win sixty votes. Of course, this would require negotiating with Democrats. McConnell's "defeat speech" wasn't particularly inviting. He recounted the usual lies about how horrible Obamacare is then told the Democrats to offer whatever they want, though he expected they would be proposing "socialized medicine." This rant only shows how McConnell is living in the past. The only "socialized medicine" in the US is Medicare which is generally warmly viewed by its recipients. In fact, about eighty percent of people covered by Medicare and Medicaid report being "satisfied" with their coverage; only about half those on private plans have the same opinion.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/199298/fo...are-costs.aspx

In a YouGov/Economist poll, people were asked their opinions about various features of Obamacare. Only the individual mandate failed to win a majority of public support. (People hate being told what to do, and the rationale for the mandate has never been well-explained, probably because the concept of "risk pools" is too complex for many voters.) Sixty-one percent of those interviewed supported "creating a federally funded health insurance system that covered every American." Sorry, Mitch, but those canards about "socialized medicine" won't fly any longer.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...nTabReport.pdf
Old 2017-07-28, 08:51   Link #798
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
So, Obamacare is saved?
No. Nothing precludes the GOP from attempting to repeal and replace or just replace Obamacare as many times, ad nauseam if need be, until they finally achieve their objective (51 votes in favor).

The problem is that the more time they spend trying to kill Obamacare, the longer they'll have to delay other items on their agenda, such as tax reform, which is why some GOP members are clamoring to move on to something else before they get completely bogged down.

EDIT:

Old 2017-07-28, 12:53   Link #799
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
No. Nothing precludes the GOP from attempting to repeal and replace or just replace Obamacare as many times, ad nauseam if need be, until they finally achieve their objective (51 votes in favor).
No, majority rule only applies to the budget reconciliation resolution. As I said above, any new bill would be subject to filibuster.
Old 2017-07-28, 13:26   Link #800
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Meaning the new bills usually require 60 plus votes. Or three-fifths of the Senate to be approve.