AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Old 2009-02-09, 08:50   Link #821
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou
Fanboyism,o'rly?
Lol granted, I'm a Fon-fon x Felli fan, and I see you're a Lilin fan. But I don't see why ppl should bash a character without properly stated the reason for it.

Alas, reasoning seems to fail and I already see the predicted shipping wars coming in.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 08:54   Link #822
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Lol granted, I'm a Fon-fon x Felli fan, and I see you're a Lilin fan. But I don't see why ppl should bash a character without properly stated the reason for it.

Alas, reasoning seems to fail and I already see the predicted shipping wars coming in.
funny enough, this has nothing to do with shipping wars....felis's attitude in this episode pissed me off thats all. I did state my reason as well....
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 09:02   Link #823
TrueKnight

Hmm, I skimmed through 4 pages back and the only reasons I find you saying Felli is useless are: (i) she's useless and will be outshined by the other girls; and (ii) her attitude pisses you off.

Okay, if thats what you considers as an explainable reasons then well...okay?
Old 2009-02-09, 09:06   Link #824
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
well after re-watching ep5 with subs a question comes to mind...
will we be blessed with the wonderful engrish at the beginning of each episode? lf that is the case then lulz

:::smashes head repeatedly into concrete wall:::
did l mention how sickening cute mei was in this episode...mei overdose indeed.
l ended up disliking both nina and felis a little after this episode more so felis. one thing is not wanting to be used as a weapon like she thinks her brother wants to and another is to not care about others dying and only care about ones self. felis failed so hard for me right there that l chuckled when she said under her breath for layfon not to die...ls as if the writers where trying to erase her past ignorant words she said to layfon when he asked for her help "you also want to use me as a something, something" that was utter disgusting given the situation they where in. as for nina she is just too goddam extreme. lilin needs to hurry up and appear to give layfon some balance in his current life.
^
there. I don't only critic felis as you can see.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 09:12   Link #825
TrueKnight

Hmm okay, my mistake for not checking thoroughly and I agree on some of your assesment on Felli there. She had the capability but refuses to participate just like what also stated previously though 'useless' is completely a subjective terms in this matter.

Still I like her the most. So yeah.
Old 2009-02-09, 09:13   Link #826
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Felli is like Yuki Nagato,except she talks more..
And wears like Suigintou,except less gothic..
And genius like Tabitha,except she's energetic too...
And with hair colour like Tessa,but much longer
Also strong like Saber,but only in her kick..

There's so many reason why Felli would stood as the most popular girl among all others in CSR.And i failed to see any negative part about her like what you guys had mentioned..

Well its all comes to personal opinion i guess...i don't hate any of the girls in CSR...i like each and everyone of them.But of course my personal favorite would be Felli.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 10:20   Link #827
Traece
:cool:

Quote:

I am too, mostly because of the things she whispers to herself when Fon-Fon can't hear her.
Shipping wars? What does trade have to do with this? (kekeke)

Quote:
Hmm okay, my mistake for not checking thoroughly and I agree on some of your assesment on Felli there. She had the capability but refuses to participate just like what also stated previously though 'useless' is completely a subjective terms in this matter.

Still I like her the most. So yeah.
This is sort of the thing I like about Fon-Fon and Felli, oddly enough. They're both very uninspired in the military arts and for good reason. You have to remember that the both of them didn't choose to join the military arts. They were forced. You can hate her all you want for not being helpful, but you can't blame her for being put in that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Felli is like Yuki Nagato,except she talks more..
And wears like Suigintou,except less gothic..
And genius like Tabitha,except she's energetic too...
And with hair colour like Tessa,but much longer
Also strong like Saber,but only in her kick..

There's so many reason why Felli would stood as the most popular girl among all others in CSR.And i failed to see any negative part about her like what you guys had mentioned..

Well its all comes to personal opinion i guess...i don't hate any of the girls in CSR...i like each and everyone of them.But of course my personal favorite would be Felli.
Hah... Nice comparisons. xD

Personally I don't see problems with a lot of the girls. They all have their own stories, and their own paths they seek. Although I like Felli the most because of how cute she is, mixed with her similarities to myself and Fon-Fon, I also like Nina. Nina tends to be the one that suffers most when matched against Layfon it seems. Plus, she has that cute moment with him at the end of this, the fifth episode. That gives her serious brownie points with me. If I go into an apparently toxic environment and come back seriously worn out, I know who to sleep on. I have to give her credit for taking all the grief he gives her.

It's hard to believe this is only the fifth episode. Goodness, it feels like more than that. It seems like they're doing a very good job of making each one interesting. I'm enjoying it too much.
Old 2009-02-09, 10:35   Link #828
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece
They're both very uninspired in the military arts and for good reason. You have to remember that the both of them didn't choose to join the military arts. They were forced. You can hate her all you want for not being helpful, but you can't blame her for being put in that situation.
Dude that's exactly what I think a page back where they're both emos and reluctants on showing off their powers hence Fon-fon x Felli haha.

Come to think of it Fon-fon is very much trapped in the middle on what the girls wants of him, let's see:

- Nina: wants him to use and show his power for the benefit of the city.
- Felli: wants him to keep stay low and hide his power and just live the quite way.

lol, exact opposite, while the others:

- Mei: wants him to eat her home-baked cookies and feels unsafe with all the girls surrounding him.
- Lilin: wants him to be himself?
- Mifi and Narki: wants a scoop, supporting Mei;
- The president: he can just roll over and die.
Old 2009-02-09, 11:40   Link #829
Susanou
.Enforcer

Just came across two images that, as far as I know, have not been posted here before. If they have been, please forgive me.

For those who are interested in the absurdres version of the second picture/Megami scan, follow the below link:

[Alert - 3.2 mb] http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2...0358c63cq0.jpg
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 11:51   Link #830
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Awesome...

But Felli in the 2nd image looks abit...weird?Even her hair looks so different..not as smooth as the one shown in the anime version.And her pose too...not attractive enough for me to drool and fantasize.. *heh i'm such a demander i guess*

I wish Megami can put a poster of Felli in maid uniform if ever they gonna release another poster of CSR in their upcoming release

Anyway greatly thanks for it...
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 12:14   Link #831
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
I say that because the anime has only hinted very briefly(in the OP sequence) in regards to the queen and fighting. And I feel it's a great disservice for anime watchers who have not read the source material to be spoiled like this.

Actually, she doesn't know the danger. Zuellini is a regios that almost never sees Limbeekoon. And due to it being a student-only regios, there aren't even people inside who are experienced with Limbeekoon.

This is why Layfon was so eager to get everyone to the shelters, because he realized that ONLY he has enough power to stop the onslaught. Nina said that crap because she didn't trust Layfon's judgement in their power.
well Nina doesn't trust Layfon's advice because she doesn't his background. All she knows is that Layfon is strong (but no idea how strong he really is) and he is form Grendan. The only ones in the entire school that knows of Layfon's background is the president and Feili.
Old 2009-02-09, 12:17   Link #832
zalem

I can't stand Mei and think she is rather useless. I'm not into those overly shy, damsel in distress types at all and I can tell she is that type. I'm kind of afraid Lilin is going to be that type as well...if so, I'm not going to like her much either. But I'll wait and see.

Felli, on the other hand, is powerful. If she were to go all out and team up with Layfon, they'd be unbeatable. Far, far from useless. And I don't see how one can be annoyed with her attitude and not equally annoyed with Layfon. Personally, they both irritated me this episode. But in the end they did come through. Felli is stubborn and doesn't want to be used. She just needs time to grow up a bit. For a loli, I actually like Felli. Which is a rare thing because I usually can't stand lolis. Though if she persists with this attitude for a long time that might change. However, I have faith that she will stop being so stubborn.

Nina....I don't know how I feel about Nina. I usually do like strong, independent female characters but I think sometimes she is a bit extreme in her way of thinking almost to the point of stupidity. She lacks common sense sometimes. Oh well, at least she has guts.
Old 2009-02-09, 12:27   Link #833
Cinocard

Isn't it plainly obvious that Mei is damsel and shy from Ep 1? Isn't it also clear that she's useless? But, no, she can make real good bento, which may play an important role in our protagonist harem later

I don't think Lilin is going to be shy and distress, based on what we have seen so far (any comment, novel reader?)

And Nina, she's rather simple and act upon feeling. Don't know how she will come out to be a leader.

Felli? No comment
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 12:47   Link #834
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
well Nina doesn't trust Layfon's advice because she doesn't his background. All she knows is that Layfon is strong (but no idea how strong he really is) and he is form Grendan. The only ones in the entire school that knows of Layfon's background is the president and Feili.
It isn't true... in episode 1 at least two other students know about Layfon and who he really is. It seems only Nina doesn't understand who Layfon really is, even if she should have a better idea by now.

As an aside I think Layfon shouldn't stay in a platoon like a normal military student, but should be put in charge of all the platoons, in particular planning their training.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 12:57   Link #835
Cinocard

But he does not have the leadership skills, and does not have a real motivation either. So he won't fit the bill to be in charge of everyone.

He should just be a what he is now, go out and kick some asses.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 13:27   Link #836
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
But he does not have the leadership skills, and does not have a real motivation either. So he won't fit the bill to be in charge of everyone.

He should just be a what he is now, go out and kick some asses.
Yeah and let's repeat this for 19 more times...
You say Layfon lacks leadership, motivation and all but did you see his eyes and his words when he's in "serious mode"? He's a whole different person: the lazy demotivated Layfon is a mask, the true one is the one we saw at the end of episode 5. He found the motivation to fight (to protect his nakama) so he won't be lazy anymore.
Old 2009-02-09, 13:34   Link #837
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
It isn't true... in episode 1 at least two other students know about Layfon and who he really is. It seems only Nina doesn't understand who Layfon really is, even if she should have a better idea by now.

but Nina isn't one of them, the others just know that Layfon is "special." Layfon's past as a Tenken and his banishment is know only to the president and Feili.

Spoiler for novel, manga:

did you really think the other platoons would have fought platoon 17 if they knew about Layfon?

*moderator's note: Please divulge novel/manga/source-material information under spoiler-tags only and ONLY if someone asks for it specifically. PM is still a preferrable method to exchange information instead of bringing spoilers to any anime-only thread.

Last edited by monir; 2009-02-10 at 01:54.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 13:49   Link #838
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I can't stand Mei and think she is rather useless. I'm not into those overly shy, damsel in distress types at all and I can tell she is that type. I'm kind of afraid Lilin is going to be that type as well...if so, I'm not going to like her much either. But I'll wait and see.

Felli, on the other hand, is powerful. If she were to go all out and team up with Layfon, they'd be unbeatable. Far, far from useless. And I don't see how one can be annoyed with her attitude and not equally annoyed with Layfon. Personally, they both irritated me this episode. But in the end they did come through. Felli is stubborn and doesn't want to be used. She just needs time to grow up a bit. For a loli, I actually like Felli. Which is a rare thing because I usually can't stand lolis. Though if she persists with this attitude for a long time that might change. However, I have faith that she will stop being so stubborn.

Nina....I don't know how I feel about Nina. I usually do like strong, independent female characters but I think sometimes she is a bit extreme in her way of thinking almost to the point of stupidity. She lacks common sense sometimes. Oh well, at least she has guts.
Wow , you said Mei is useless , if you say for the fight etc ... do you remember she's a student ..... well i think you don't understand her situation , or you think all the people should be strong as a military ?.

For Lillin we don't know yet but she got "something" in her .

Well , for all complains about character etc ... sorry but its not like you'll want , an anime needs some stuff like that various characters etc ... if there were all people like Felli's character wow what a anime .... maybe Felli's character is good but if only there were just this type well its a shitty anime ! So its for that there are various characters who make the anime more better and entertaining !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 14:10   Link #839
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
but Nina isn't one of them, the others just know that Layfon is "special." Layfon's past as a Tenshin and his banishment is know only to the president and Feili.

did you really think the other platoons would have fought platoon 17 if they knew about Layfon?
The two dudes I'm referring to know something is special about Layfon, but we don't know the extent of their knowledge. We have no evidence to state they know less than or as much as the SCP. I think they know as much as, but it's just speculation: we'll have the answer to this question very soon btw.
Regarding other platoons I think they would adapt their strategy as much as they can in holding off Layfon... I don't think they would forfeit any match against team 17.

PS Put the novel tag on the spoiler...

Last edited by monir; 2009-02-10 at 01:53. Reason: spoiler is removed from the quote. Please don't quote spoiler. It helps spread.
Old 2009-02-09, 14:30   Link #840
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I seem top have woken up to a hate fest.

Mei doesnt have skills that directly effect the story. ill just say that.

The thing is, she isnt useless, she is a symbol of the livelihoods of those that the main character would like to protect(In the anime this is really evident, as the flashes before e finally decided to fight pretty much indicated that)

That said, if everyone (down to the children) were soldiers, who in the hell would you need to protect in the first place? Characters llike her who are trying to live out there lives provide motivation, therefore she is not useless.

Now if shae tried to overstep her boundaries and tried to become directly involved in the fighting only to fail mserably(ala Patrick Colosswar in Gundam 00) then she would definatly be useless.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen