Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2015-05-05, 13:06   Link #821
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Hmm...

Lala Deviluke, Morgiana, Ichika-Sempai, Nagakura Imari, Eina Tulle the Half-Elf Secretary, Yuuki Asuna

It's safe to assume at this point in Tomatsu Haruka's career, she is now pretty much the go-to-lady to play girls who are

(A) Kind hearted and motherly cuties with stunning beauty AND Cuteness (B) With rich red/brunette hair (C) With a devastatingly sexy body packing a nice rack and legs to die for (D) who are older love interests to the main male hero (E) and has a big-sister little brother relationship with him (if not being actual big sisters themselves)
Soooo true, her performance as Saki in VVV is still the most memorable one I ever watched. Really disappointing that she is out of radar this season. I will died happily if she can VA another long black hair beauty like Saki.
Old 2015-05-07, 04:21   Link #822
Key Board
Carbon

As far as this season goes, Tomatsu Haruka is Rabura from Punchline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HTEGxf9b8s

though, Punchline is somewhat of a semi obscure anime
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 05:26   Link #823
AntonKutovoi

And she is also in DanMachi and Mikagura
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 22:29   Link #824
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Is she Hestia?!
Old 2015-05-07, 22:44   Link #825
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Is she Hestia?!
No, she's the warm, mature and kind Half-Elven "Big Sister" Clerk Eina Tulle.
Elves, Glasses, Big-Sisters and Secretaries, Oh My!

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2015-05-07 at 23:54.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 11:38   Link #826
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
No, she's the warm, mature and kind Half-Elven "Big Sister" Clerk Eina Tulle.
Elves, Glasses, Big-Sisters and Secretaries, Oh My!

oh Waifu #2
Old 2015-05-12, 07:27   Link #827
JamesMayFan
Moe Land Fugitive

David Hayter as Solid Snake and Naked Snake(MGS3,MGS:PO,MGS:PW)
Takuya Kuroda as Kazuma Kiryu
Maaya Sakamoto as Lunamaria Hawke
Crispin Freeman as Kyon
Maryke Hendrikse as Revy
An Hyo-Seon as Rikka Takanashi
Oni Syahrial as Shin-Chan

S.O.S Brigade's and Far East of Magical Nap Society's Most Wanted Fugitive
JamesMayFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 14:29   Link #828
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So......male VAs are apparently becoming super popular: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...usively/.88182

-Two MCs of Ore Monogaratari on cover: Takeo's VA is sooo not what I'd expected.

-Shimazaki really is cute.

-Bell/Kirito's VA is cute too.

-Other than Kaji, I have no idea who the hell these people are.
Old 2015-05-16, 05:57   Link #829
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
-Bell/Kirito's VA is cute too.
He is the veritable master of the "Adorable girly screech" as demonstrated by this week's Episode of Danmachi, the "Sword Art Offline" segments when he's begging for the girls to NOT hit him and when poor Kirito becomes the super-hottie "Kiriko."
Old 2015-05-16, 14:38   Link #830
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
He is the veritable master of the "Adorable girly screech" as demonstrated by this week's Episode of Danmachi, the "Sword Art Offline" segments when he's begging for the girls to NOT hit him and when poor Kirito becomes the super-hottie "Kiriko."

I love the fact that he gets cast in all of these harem series.

Bell's not too bad but my favorite role of his is the Mangaka in Mangaka to Assistant when he's screaming about 'OPPAI'
Old 2015-05-16, 15:18   Link #831
AntonKutovoi

I personally not a fan of his Bell's voice. Doesn't really fit ther character, IMO (not exactly his fault, but more of those, who decided to cast him on this role).
Matsuoka's best roles are hammy, loud characters, like Soma (Shokugeki no Soma), Sora (No Game, No Life), Aito (Mangaka-san to Assistant-san) and Kantoku (Denki-gai no Honya-san), I think.

He is a good actor, I can't deny that. But he is way too overused right now.
Old 2015-05-16, 17:59   Link #832
rladls2121

Overused, such as Hanazawa Kana was it?
She was unbelievably overused to the point that she said herself that she needs rest.

Matsuoka, I think he was starting to get noticeable when he voiced characters like Sorata from Sakurasou series and Kirito in Sword Art series.
One character can mostly shout all the time and other one can quietly just spill out its monologues of the character.
Quite the contrast.
There are news about it that he seems tired.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 18:52   Link #833
judasmartel
*Author

Overused seiyuus?

I think there are a lot of rookie seiyuus right now, but do they get casted more often?

Why do these people from the casting department (or whatever) keep on using weary veteran seiyuus instead of using fresh rookie ones?

Maybe it's the difference in talent or something?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 19:08   Link #834
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Am I the only one, who didn't have a problem with her performance? Sure, it's a little flat and obviously not going to win her a seyuu award, but nothing worth all the fuss people has started because of it.
Maybe they wanted Suzune to sound like Kirino Kosaka?

I usually don't expect a lot from rookie seiyuus, but I set the bar higher once they get their break. Obviously, Rena Matsui hasn't got her break yet.

But hey, at least she reminds me of Chiaki Omigawa as Maka Albarn from Soul Eater.

I agree with someone here who said Matsui should get some professional advice. But who should be mentoring her, asides from Mayu Watanabe?
Old 2015-05-16, 19:13   Link #835
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Why do these people from the casting department (or whatever) keep on using weary veteran seiyuus instead of using fresh rookie ones?
Why does Hollywood continue to cast 50+ guys as 30-ish heroes in action movies? You know the answer as well as I do.

Sure Kanazawa is no Johnny Depp, but the premise is the same. Add in the fact that seiyuu like her with a parallel singing career probably earn at least as much if not more from their singing as from voice acting. I recommend watching episode 14 of Shirobako which focuses on a casting meeting with representatives of the various groups that make up the production committee. The music guy wants his top hot singer despite her lack of voice-acting chops. Another wants to hire a well-known gravure idol. All of them see the anime as simply a vehicle for putting their people in front of an audience regardless of whether it would be good for the production or not. There's also the belief shared by most everyone around the table that new voice actors won't draw the same audience as well-known popular seiyuu.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 19:34   Link #836
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:

I love the fact that he gets cast in all of these harem series.

Bell's not too bad but my favorite role of his is the Mangaka in Mangaka to Assistant when he's screaming about 'OPPAI'
My Favorite Matsuoka Moment.

Old 2015-05-16, 19:38   Link #837
judasmartel
*Author

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Why does Hollywood continue to cast 50+ guys as 30-ish heroes in action movies? You know the answer as well as I do.

Sure Kanazawa is no Johnny Depp, but the premise is the same. Add in the fact that seiyuu like her with a parallel singing career probably earn at least as much if not more from their singing as from voice acting. I recommend watching episode 14 of Shirobako which focuses on a casting meeting with representatives of the various groups that make up the production committee. The music guy wants his top hot singer despite her lack of voice-acting chops. Another wants to hire a well-known gravure idol. All of them see the anime as simply a vehicle for putting their people in front of an audience regardless of whether it would be good for the production or not. There's also the belief shared by most everyone around the table that new voice actors won't draw the same audience as well-known popular seiyuu.
Star power, I see. But they still need to rest, though. The Japanese work ethic, however...

Well, I'll just wish rookie seiyuus luck on getting their breakout characters. That's how stars are made, after all.
Old 2015-05-16, 20:27   Link #838
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

I remember that episode.

I always wondered why male seiyuu continue to get cast even in their 40s as these romantic leads, but yet you dont hear too much from female seiyuu once they hit a certain age. I mean, I know Kikuko Inoue still does roles, as does Aya Hisakawa, but for example, I haven't heard anything about Ogata lately. Or even Hayashibara.
Old 2015-05-17, 04:19   Link #839
AntonKutovoi

Ogata Megumi? You still can hear her pretty often. Assassination Classroom, Danganronpa, Hamatora, etc. Megumi Hayashibara dissapeared for quite a long time, only returning for her old roles, but now seems to be back (One Piece, SAOII, Cross Ange, Anime Expo shorts). Although most of her new roles are episodic.
Also, there's an example of Houko Kuwashima (39 years old), who is still frequently casted.

As for the best Matsuoka moment... please, we all know it's this one:
Old 2015-05-17, 09:44   Link #840
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I always wondered why male seiyuu continue to get cast even in their 40s as these romantic leads, but yet you dont hear too much from female seiyuu once they hit a certain age.
It's called sexism.

One of the glories of the casting for Kill la Kill was the choosing of a number of experienced seiyuu in their forties. Koshimizu and Suzaki were the young'uns at 28.

The past decade has also seen the rise of female seiyuu who have parallel "idol" careers like Hirano or Kanazawa. I don't see that happening as much for the men.

Also the audience has been dominated by males for a very long time.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote