Notices

Old 2014-06-18, 21:12   Link #821
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Things just got real and that kid just got way more creepier

Now there a blue one
Old 2014-06-18, 21:49   Link #822
Zangor17

doubt fredrica is dead she is their only way off the fortress unless i am missing something here.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 22:07   Link #823
Death Usagi
Banned

Where is Princess of Bondage Red Chaika when you need her?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 22:16   Link #824
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

How many stabs does it take to kill a dragoon?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 23:40   Link #825
dark998

Layla is much hotter than expected. And unlike Trabant and Bogdan apparently is not suited for direct combat because she relies on drugs (and femenine charm) to achieve her objectives. And all this also means that the very first scene way back to episode 1 was not original at all...well played, Bones.

Pretty hype episode in general with events happening on multiple fronts, really gives the feeling of reaching season climax. One more to go and Im almost sure the final episode will be even better than this one.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 01:19   Link #826
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Where is Princess of Bondage Red Chaika when you need her?
I think she's busy gathering remains somewhere... Too bad that she was not there in Soara.

Anyways, can't wait for the final episode before the second half airs in Fall. As for Frederica, it's sad to see her go... or is it?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 01:44   Link #827
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I have my doubts about Frederika's demise.
I'm more shocked that all the Hero's were beheading Chaika together instead of just one of them.
So yeah the real Chaika probably died at the age of 14, thats thats why all the other chaika's think they are 14 too.
So yeah the question now is whether they are all real(Like parts of the original ones personality) or all fake.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 01:45   Link #828
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

If they are gonna use Frederica like this, they need to do that soon, that.
OH MY GOD, They killed Frederica!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 02:28   Link #829
Arya

mmm, a good episode overall, just ... if I'm used to Frederika being used in the most random ways, in this episode Toruu completely lacking of attachment toward Akari put me off. I mean, she has to really mean nothing to you if you are ready to dismiss her like that. But, oh well, character wise Gilette-sama and his crew are saving the show for me. Oh, and red Chaika obviously
And why does the blue Chaika speak normally? Did she gained it when she freed herself by the imposed duty or was a needed feature to be more alluring?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 05:35   Link #830
zero7090

holyshit, that scene shocked me even more than the red wedding.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 06:13   Link #831
Tenzen12

"How you could beyatray Chaika?" Is that realy question you should asking Touru? I know he is appearently obssesed with fragile loli, but I can't belive that after all these years he doesn't even realise who she actualy care about.

Frederica getting promptly removed again, makes clear that author doesn't have clue what he should do with her.

Once again another not quite good episode. I have hard time belive it's written by same author as Scrapped Princess and Polyphonica (though It indeed looks like something written by author of Outbreak Company)

EDIT: I did not meant say that OC was bad, as it wasn't.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-06-19 at 06:23.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 06:54   Link #832
ReddyRedWolf

Interesting the target is the capital. Layla is getting revenge on those that used her.

Could it be the one who is coordinating the Chaika's is some higher up or noble in the capital?

From what Layla said girls are turned to a Chaika. The difference in personalities could be a remnant of their original selves.

White Chaika is a mage, Red Chaika is a warrior, Blue Chaika is a seductress.The two former is embarrassed just by being exposed in their undies , Layla well she is a slut.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 07:08   Link #833
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Enjou-kosai Chaika is an interesting addition to the mix. I rather like the idea of an army of Chaikas all gifted with different manner of persuasive tools to gather the remains.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 07:53   Link #834
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
"How you could beyatray Chaika?
Frederica getting promptly removed again, makes clear that author doesn't have clue what he should do with her.

Once again another not quite good episode. I have hard time belive it's written by same author as Scrapped Princess and Polyphonica (though It indeed looks like something written by author of Outbreak Company)

EDIT: I did not meant say that OC was bad, as it wasn't.
Given that this is an anime adaptation and that we know things have been changed quite a bit from the novels, it seems unfair to blame the author. The scriptwriter(s) on the other hand...

For all that its episodes have been really uneven, I'm enjoying this series. It has a kind of earnest charm, much like Chaika herself.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 08:20   Link #835
Sayaka Rei

Wow, what a great episode! Surely the show went on darker colors ... the fights are well done ... considering the huge amount of material is not easy to adapt, I congratulate the scriptwriter, well done!
Sayaka Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 08:51   Link #836
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
Given that this is an anime adaptation and that we know things have been changed quite a bit from the novels, it seems unfair to blame the author. The scriptwriter(s) on the other hand...

For all that its episodes have been really uneven, I'm enjoying this series. It has a kind of earnest charm, much like Chaika herself.

Some arcs were supposedly rushed, but in comparison StB or MS there is virtualy no complains about way it was adapted. No implication that characters was butchered or that Frederica actualy has actual role in novels.

But yeah, I agree scriptwriter didn't coped with it well either.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 09:56   Link #837
desrtsku
Nympholept

I'm not feeling very well. This episode made me feel really uncomfortable.

Dammit, why?
Old 2014-06-19, 10:18   Link #838
yulinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Interesting the target is the capital. Layla is getting revenge on those that used her.

Could it be the one who is coordinating the Chaika's is some higher up or noble in the capital?

From what Layla said girls are turned to a Chaika. The difference in personalities could be a remnant of their original selves.

White Chaika is a mage, Red Chaika is a warrior, Blue Chaika is a seductress.The two former is embarrassed just by being exposed in their undies , Layla well she is a slut.
She just want to start a war. Maybe this author get influence from maoyuu when people who is not ready for end of war start stirring troubles.

I think there are two distinct Chaikas. Perfect Chaika with some kind of usb plug on her neck who wear rose like costume and failed Chaika like Vivi.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 11:56   Link #839
jhpace1

The "USB plug on her neck" is to allow Chaika to use her Gundo with her own thoughts and memories as the magic fuel. Doubtless you would find hundreds of people with similar cyborg implants in them from the long war.

I still don't know if "the Chaikas" are sleeper agents activated at the wizard king's death, or a last-minute program he initiated before his death. We have three - why not dozens? Strange that they would be "survival of the fittest", rather than working together to a common goal. All their goals are different.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 12:38   Link #840
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
OH MY GOD, They killed Frederica!
You Bastards!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, magitech