AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-31, 23:58   Link #8441
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Back Log plowing nearly complete! Preparing to commence comment reply and ass kissing! Engage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo
Holy..!!! That was EPIC and full of win!!!!

Although I;m bit concerned on possible haxx, considering they just flew into a firestorm with no major consequences... I'm willing to give it benefit of doubt though since I don't know how powerful those guns are.

Looking forward to the next bit!
Well they may have been firing everything, but not much of it was acutally hitting. The heavier guns that could have really ruined their shit were calibrated more for dealing with fixed targets or other ships and such. They fired them anyway of coruse hoping for a golden BB, but no such luck. So all that was really hitting them was lighter anti-aircraft fire, still not something you’d want to sit around and just take, but survivable for a short time if you keep moving and get out of the barrage.
I may clarify and expand that section to make it seem slightly more dangerous in a final version, it did some off as a tad easy too get past even for my tastes. Still the crew was basiclly panicking and didn’t even think of just holding back and letting the shields keep at bay (at least for awhile). They were basiclly like “OMG enemy ace fire everything, and I mean everything dammit!”
Quote:
OMG!
Incredibly long wall of text filled with BLUECHEESIUM and EPICSIUM!!!
That sure was one intense story! I love how they handled the combat. Cipher and Felix make a real great tag-team.

APPROVED!
Well Cipher has to be uber, you can’t be called “Demon Lord” and suck. And Felix really is better then he let’s on, some people think it’s a cunning ruse that he uses to throw his enemies off balance for when he finally steps up and goes all out… In reality he’s acutally just kind of lazy with serius self hating streak.

Cipher is pretty much my favorite Ace Combat hero too so I wanted him to be kickass. He’s also one of the ones we know the most about; though that still isn’t much, but I’ve tried to incorporate what we do know into him. I always got a “professional but also laid back” kind of vibe about him from the interviews and stuff. The kind of guy that would kill you stone dead if you ended up across from him in the air, but that’d buy you a drink and ask you about your day if you sat across from him in a bar. I kind of based this version of him on a mix of the Soldier/Knight paths the skills and flying style described by soldier, but with some of the Knight character traits mixed in.

He’s not overly idealistic, but he isn’t jaded and bitter, he helps others if he can but he has no illusions about “saving the world” and such, he can be altruistic, but he also realizes he needs to eat and expects some compensation for sticking his neck out. Basiclly he’s a very even keeled and mature individual that changes little over the years; because he doesn’t need too. I sort of want him to be the kind of guy you look at and go “Man that guy really has his s*** together!”

He’s is after all supposed to be the anchor and the undisputed leader of the team I’m slowly building up so he should suit the role.

Now in the interests of saving some space having answered that I’ll just return the favor and say that I quite enjoy your recent stories as well and consider Aurion to be quite awesome and rather unique and that I’ve yet to read something with him in it that I didn’t rather like. Then again I’ve always had a soft spot for grizzled old guys over young punks; I mean crap I seem to be building a team of the bastards so I must not hate um! So that could factor into it.

I'm also digging you're working fleshing out the bad guys, and making them something besides well... numbers. I don't always get around to commenting on everything but I do read and enjoy most of it.
Quote:
Wow! Awesome! Cipher and Felix sure owned that ship... Poor girl, though, Marcela...
Well that’s what you get for pissing off the Demon Lord of the Round Table…

Quote:
And this type of fic is very refreshing, since most of ours involve supernatural enemies and powers.
That was really the idea from the start; I’ve never really got much into the huge epic “fate of all mankind hangs in the balance!” type stuff as really that sort of thing is almost unheard of in reality. I prefer a smaller scale more “realistic” approach. Sure magic exist, but it doesn’t change much humans are still greedy, vicious, and depressingly short sighted and will more then likely abuse said magic in it’s potential to gain power and control others.

I prefer to integrate magic as part of existing doctrines and systems and to try and consider the logical uses and consequences of it. I also like to keep it somewhat more low key extravagant transformations, “epic” maneuvers, and super ancient relic weapons and such really don’t do anything for me.
Quote:
More please!
I’m working on the next bit, but I fear it may end up just as long and so probably won’t appear for days at best.

Quote:
Ah, Tk! I forgot to comment on your work. Very detailed, and action-packed. Cipher and Felix are a force to be reckoned with, clearly, and the "new" Espada Team got done in pretty badly, as seen. A very good piece overall- I never expected it to be so long.
You and me both… that happens to me allot if I get into something I've noticed. I sit down to write something then look at the clock after what seems like a couple minutes and boom, 4 hours or whatever are gone and I’ve got like 10 pages of heavy text. This has it’s downside too though, if I can’t “get into” it I get almost nothing done, and I’ll go days not even touching something then binge on it for hours when the mood hits me.

With this piece I did most of the lead in interview not long after the last bit, and then did like nothing for several days. Finally though Thursday night I got in the “zone” and plowed basiclly the entire action sequences in one 5 or 6 hour sitting.

I’d also like to really thank everyone for all the praise and such in general. My writing was and somewhat still is something I’ve always been a little self conscious about for some reason, and it took more then a bit of psyching myself up to dare to post that stuff, but I’m glad I did, and this has encouraged me to think about perhaps writing more in other areas.

After all it’s not like I could do much worse then the scores of hacks out there that still manage to have stunningly large fan bases in any case.
Old 2007-09-01, 00:13   Link #8442
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
"Prison Break", eh?

Spoiler for Scene:

I know this is random, but...
Random indeed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Nanoha/Zero, Nanoha/Stay Night (or whatever did I call it, couldn't remember offhand ), and Nanoha/Hollow Ataraxia all belong to the same alternate timeline of 6th Division. However, similar events as these 3 appear in other timelines, but with vastly different endings.
So this is the same timline where Nanoha is Lancer? I thought the blue-haired Lancer/Nanoha appeared in the Twist's Fate timeline; since she died, Sophia was able to call her spirit...

Quote:
I AM surprised at myself... But then I realized that Kha Gattai's with girls physically and spiritually, but Gattai's with guys mechanically and COURAGEOUSLY. That opened up a whole new dimension of Gattai... It was like a moment where Time Space was punched through, making Kha & Jail's rock and roll fit!
And with this... Kha gattai's with EVERYTHING and ANYTHING.

Quote:
Daemons from the Warp, Scrin Motherships, Zerg Swarm, Necron C'Tan, Tyrannid Hive Ship/Fleet, another Super Mecha, "Angels", Invid Battle Colony, the original Einst, Aerogators, other SRW alien races...

From here, you'll see that there are a lot of enemies, but for the most part, we'll only see Rakael-StahlMut.
So that means we'll have to take control of the Cradle beforehand, so we can take it to all these battles to form Dai Rakael-StahlMut...

Quote:
Her only use to me has been to make crack theories fanon. Maybe I shouldn't be complaining... BUT! They could've done that without canon damage!
Indeed, they could have introduced her and yet not mess everything up by focusing on her...

Quote:
Luck? The FSN stat that allows you to avoid a destined event?! 0_0

You can say that Kha's Lucky too...
The more I read about Kha...the more H4XX he becomes!!

Quote:
It's nothing really... Just us having some fun with Kha, fusing him with everyone and everything possible...
... You mean, YOU are having fun fusing him with everything you see!

Quote:
You're hopelessly hooked on that crack, like I was over Sigaro.
Hey, its not crack... its WORSE!

The girl I'm in love with right now is actually Nia...

Quote:
And Rakael-StahlMut came after that?
I wasnt planning to get Jail out (I'll leave him to canon)... but if you want, we could get him out for your Rakael-StahlMut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Prison Break, eh?

Mine's more like "The Beginning of the True Prophecy."

Since in my opinion, this whole prophecy thing seems WAY TOO orchestrated, especially since it's hinted that the High Council has their hands on it since like...the beginning. And being the High Council, I'm sure they know every word of the prophecy by brain, pun intended. And yet they're playing by that script... or at least so it seems.

It really feels like they're just trying to create a prophecy-like scenario to hide the true prophecy...
Very interesting line of thought. I didnt paid much attention to the prophesy or the actual plot, since I was more interested in what Scaglietti was doing with his Relic weapons and Numbers... (not to mention I have not watched a subbed episode since 6 ) But yeah, I can see this happening...and maybe Jail will let the TSAB win on purpose, setting things up for S4...

I have an idea for Prison Break that will shield me from any kind of Ion Canon if S4 strikes, though.

@Tk3997 Good stuff you have there.

Quote:
I guess it'll be fitting that Teana gets to be Snake? Illusions help, all she needs to learn is to make herself an invisible illusion.
Finally she'll get the spotlight huh? APPROVED!

Quote:
That reminds me; the TSAB doesn't seem to have fighters yet Chaos was making an entire detachment of them.

And this has just made mages-in-fighters, in fact Kha's ans Sophia's entire arsenal of Weaponized Magic Devices (WMDs), somewhat imba... And Saint X's ARIKA-equipped transformables have no answer...

As expected of the 4th Brain, whoever he is... Gendou. -_-
Sweet, another one of Kha's h4xxes that we have suppressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
I'm interested as to what I sparked...=D
In general, the usage of maps.

Quote:
@Tk3997 - Hey, the Nanoha-verse has long range attacks. Look at Hayate's Hresvelgr - if she were on an orbital warship, she could become something like this...
Well, Hresvelgr is kind of an exception, because it is cast by a SS rank mage. If not even 5% of mages get above AAA rank, then even thinking about such spell in a regular combat scenario is surely out of the question.

Quote:
@Erio, Lowe, Nighty, whoever's interested in the "KhaJail" crack:
Spoiler for Mindburst!:
What the-- I thought you were at episode 22...

Actually, the reason why I linked Nia with Gwen is another... I can spoil it for you if you want. (Though I already did... )

So Chibi-Sakura is now part of the Seiou's bloodline?

And GL is pure EPICNESS, so I dont blame you if you want to rip it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
That was really the idea from the start; I’ve never really got much into the huge epic “fate of all mankind hangs in the balance!” type stuff as really that sort of thing is almost unheard of in reality. I prefer a smaller scale more “realistic” approach. Sure magic exist, but it doesn’t change much humans are still greedy, vicious, and depressingly short sighted and will more then likely abuse said magic in it’s potential to gain power and control others.

I prefer to integrate magic as part of existing doctrines and systems and to try and consider the logical uses and consequences of it. I also like to keep it somewhat more low key extravagant transformations, “epic” maneuvers, and super ancient relic weapons and such really don’t do anything for me.
Noted. While you deal with "realism", we will deal with HOTBLOOD AND COURAGE.
Old 2007-09-01, 00:19   Link #8443
Arrow
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
Well, Hresvelgr is kind of an exception, because it is cast by a SS rank mage. If not even 5% of mages get above AAA rank, then even thinking about such spell in a regular combat scenario is surely out of the question.
What about Divine Buster? That can almost be like an Ion Cannon...

@Tk - You wrote an Ace Combat/Nanoha crossover? o.o Must read!...tomorrow.
Old 2007-09-01, 00:26   Link #8444
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
What about Divine Buster? That can almost be like an Ion Cannon...
Looks like one, but surely is not nearly as powerful. Maybe Starlight Breaker, but Divine Buster I dont think so...

Also, for the usage of something as powerful as Starlight Breaker the mage needs a damn huge Linker Core, something quite rare.

I guess the problem is that we've only seen how awesome 3 genius mages are, that when we're shown the bigger picture, it just doesnt compute.

"Forwards cant even FLY?! Nanoha could, and just days after she got her powers! They suck!!"
Old 2007-09-01, 00:30   Link #8445
Arrow
N/A

Well, I guess that's true. I suppose only Hayate is a substitute for an orbital strike...regardless I'm sure there're some mages out there with a long-range attack similar to Hayate's...maybe it just needs more charge-up time and stuff.
Old 2007-09-01, 00:30   Link #8446
Wibbles
Better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post

So wait... If Flame Braver Rasen is a drill... and Kha gattai's with Ignatius... then would they be able to gattai with, say, a spaceship? Since the Gurren-Lagann law of machines states that it can gattai if it's a drill, that would mean... Well, S**T. I may have stumbled upon something incredibly EPIC.
Old 2007-09-01, 00:36   Link #8447
Aaron008R

@Kha: Yep. THAT Luck stat.

Quote:
*looks at the quoted post*

Could there be a post with more MOE?!

Me goes from Moe overload...
I could introduce some other MOE Breakers later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddly View Post
Just got off work, and leaving very soon with some friends, so no time to quote everyone.

I just wanted to give a big THANK YOU <3 to everyone. I really appreciate you guys reading my little character bio, and being so supportive of it. Once I return home I'll get to work on her background.

And whats this about Kha's harem?

*thinks she better come prepared*
Your welcome. And about Kha's harem...

Quote:
And about Kha's harem... yeah, your character is in danger... as are all our female characters... That bastard!!
Erio summed it up pretty nicely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
@ Thread...

SO MUCH BACKLOG...

There is only one word in my (Aaron and Lowe's) tongue that can describe the sheer scale and effect it has on me right now...

Spoiler for Non-English:
Lakas ng tama, pare!

Quote:
@ Thread

- Vivio issue:

Spoiler for If she lives: AlternateS II:

Spoiler for If she dies: AlternateS II:
Kyla... Kyla is...! 0_0

Quote:
Right, ignoring my lame-as-ever Prison Break reference...I kinda made the thread lull with that.

Here's an application of the ol' Liar's Paradox.

Spoiler for A Dilemma:

And, at the end, you can see where this is going. I might have pinpointed Quattro wrongly in terms of her general speech, what with her being afflicted with a strange kind of merriness concealing her darker side, but some if not all remarks she made in this piece kind of suited her...right?

Right?

Quattro was overmatched...

Quote:
The Nanoha-verse seems to have become so enamored of magic they no longer seem able to even consider that other methods might work better the application of more raw magical power.

"Don’t be too proud of this magical terror you’ve constructed, it’s power pales before that of science."
You can definitely say that. Just look at Jail's machinations in StrikerS.

Quote:
If anyone is wondering why I don't do any of this in my story it's simple, my guys are freelance Mercs they don't have the kind of cash you'd need to build and maintain fighters like this even if that would work better. (and that's perhaps the only possible logical counter to using them I can think of).
Makes sense to me.

Quote:
Well Cipher has to be uber, you can’t be called “Demon Lord” and suck. And Felix really is better then he let’s on, some people think it’s a cunning ruse that he uses to throw his enemies off balance for when he finally steps up and goes all out… In reality he’s acutally just kind of lazy with serius self hating streak.

Cipher is pretty much my favorite Ace Combat hero too so I wanted him to be kickass. He’s also one of the ones we know the most about; though that still isn’t much, but I’ve tried to incorporate what we do know into him. I always got a “professional but also laid back” kind of vibe about him from the interviews and stuff. The kind of guy that would kill you stone dead if you ended up across from him in the air, but that’d buy you a drink and ask you about your day if you sat across from him in a bar. I kind of based this version of him on a mix of the Soldier/Knight paths the skills and flying style described by soldier, but with some of the Knight character traits mixed in.

He’s not overly idealistic, but he isn’t jaded and bitter, he helps others if he can but he has no illusions about “saving the world” and such, he can be altruistic, but he also realizes he needs to eat and expects some compensation for sticking his neck out. Basiclly he’s a very even keeled and mature individual that changes little over the years; because he doesn’t need too. I sort of want him to be the kind of guy you look at and go “Man that guy really has his s*** together!”

He’s is after all supposed to be the anchor and the undisputed leader of the team I’m slowly building up so he should suit the role.
In short, a character who's best suited to survive out there in the crossfire called real life.

Quote:
Now in the interests of saving some space having answered that I’ll just return the favor and say that I quite enjoy your recent stories as well and consider Aurion to be quite awesome and rather unique and that I’ve yet to read something with him in it that I didn’t rather like. Then again I’ve always had a soft spot for grizzled old guys over young punks; I mean crap I seem to be building a team of the bastards so I must not hate um! So that could factor into it.
Hehe. Thanks!
I made him because I'm finding the pattern of "Young upstart with talent pwns a lifelong veteran with little to no effort" cliche used too much these days.

You just can't ignore experience! I'm starting to find it quite aggravating, so I made a veteran character who is not really idealistic, knows how to survive with deception, has lots of toys that he's not afraid to use against opponents(), knows how to play dirty, and expertise with dealing with life in general. I even made him beat the Aces once to further the point.

Quote:
I’d also like to really thank everyone for all the praise and such in general. My writing was and somewhat still is something I’ve always been a little self conscious about for some reason, and it took more then a bit of psyching myself up to dare to post that stuff, but I’m glad I did, and this has encouraged me to think about perhaps writing more in other areas.

After all it’s not like I could do much worse then the scores of hacks out there that still manage to have stunningly large fan bases in any case.
Not a problem. We naturally praise something when we find out it's good.

@Reiji: I've just realized something. You mustn't have Apalis go through Cartridges like a hungry man through chicken wings. Apalis is an AI device. And being such, is quite delicate. I suggest that he needs an hour cooldown after going through two Roulettes and not exceeding ten cartridges at any one time. An AI device more sturdy than Raging Heart or Bardiche is bordering on dangerous HAXX. And you don't want to fry his circuits, do you?

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-01, 00:42   Link #8448
Wibbles
Better than you.

Oh, Aaron, I just had an idea:

Doppleganger: "And that, Doc, is the concept behind the H4XX Cannon. So, will you help me?"
Aurion: "No."
Old 2007-09-01, 00:46   Link #8449
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
What did you think it was before?

What do you mean by "Avenging Zorn!"?

Oh, and that's the main reason why Scott and Ariel are almost undefeatable - not only do they have a link, but their reflexes are so defined, it allows them to evade pretty much anything. Birds DO have hollow bones and wings, and they're small too...so if they're hit with anything they'll be KOed, if not KIAed. Making them bigger with more armour is out of the question - so they rely on manoeuvrability to get the job done. They can't take hits if they're caught, but the catch is catching them in the first place. =P

Oh yeah, note that there aren't any specialists in land-combat - the closest thing the silvers have to a tank is a helicopter. Basically, you can see their strengths and weaknesses on a grid like this:
Land Air
Melee Ranged

Air Ranged - Very Strong (use both natural hunting skills and their deadly baryon weapons mounted on their aircraft or their elements)
Air Melee - Average (they use natural hunting skills here)
Land Ranged - Poor (flying requires a strong knowledge of space and depth, which they can incorporate into sniping, pistols, and machine guns and such - the wind elements can also cast a spell on their ammo that reduces wind resistance)
Land Melee - Worst (none of their advantages are in play in a knife fight or in fisticuffs - they can TRY with a sword, but that's only through reflexes - they don't have any training with a sword)

Pretty much anyone can take out a silver falcon on the ground.
1. Well I thought they were using conventional weapons on an Administrated World (AW). That to me seemed wrong, but since its not there's nothing to worry about.

2. Kha's temporary self boost that grants him heightened reflexes and awareness coupled with insane speed boosts. Think Kira's SEED Burst, complete with cross exploding on a galaxy.

3. Looks like its either outspeed them, or break/dispell the link between them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
Kha, is it all right if I pick at your brain for a bit?
Go ahead and shoot. And use PMs when you want to ask someone specifically about something, for fear that it looks off topic.

Quote:
So this is the same timline where Nanoha is Lancer? I thought the blue-haired Lancer/Nanoha appeared in the Twist's Fate timeline; since she died, Sophia was able to call her spirit...
No... This isn't Twist's Fate. Nanoha died in Twist's Fate, and because of that, anyone residing in the other timelines, on even earlier in the same timeline before Nanoha's death, can summon her as a Servant Tsukaima. Now the problem is, there's no chance of summoning her in any of the timelines short of a AU extension of NBC.

Quote:
Paladins, given enough time, can kill anything. So Kha, given enough tools, can Gattai with anything...?

Quote:
So that means we'll have to take control of the Cradle beforehand, so we can take it to all these battles to form Dai Rakael-StahlMut...
Of course. And it's perfectly possible, since the Arc came from the other side as well.

Quote:
... You mean, YOU are having fun fusing him with everything you see!

Gattai! Gattai da!!!

Quote:
Hey, its not crack... its WORSE!

The girl I'm in love with right now is actually Nia...

Caro: Erio-kun... ( :angryvein: )

Quote:
I wasnt planning to get Jail out (I'll leave him to canon)... but if you want, we could get him out for your Rakael-StahlMut...
Wait. We're REALLY gonna do this? I was waiting to see what Nighty has in mind.

Quote:
Very interesting line of thought. I didnt paid much attention to the prophesy or the actual plot, since I was more interested in what Scaglietti was doing with his Relic weapons and Numbers... (not to mention I have not watched a subbed episode since 6 ) But yeah, I can see this happening...and maybe Jail will let the TSAB win on purpose, setting things up for S4...

I have an idea for Prison Break that will shield me from any kind of Ion Canon if S4 strikes, though.
Hmm... I'm half-expecting the last 2 epis to change whatever plans we have post StrikerS. My thought about it (maybe some information was lost in translation) was that Scag might be placing the Cradle up there to prepare for the True Prophesy that would destroy the TSAB since he never did say he was going to blow TSAB up... did he?

Quote:
Sweet, another one of Kha's h4xxes that we have suppressed!

It's already being changed ever since S4 was proposed... But Kha keeps getting more and more wersatile nonetheless...

Quote:
What the-- I thought you were at episode 22...

Actually, the reason why I linked Nia with Gwen is another... I can spoil it for you if you want. (Though I already did... )

So Chibi-Sakura is now part of the Seiou's bloodline?

And GL is pure EPICNESS, so I dont blame you if you want to rip it off.
Well, since I haven't noticed it (unless its Evil Nia, but that is so obvious from the OP), never mind about it then.

As for Chibi-Sakura, it comes from her greeting Sakura as "Mother" and that she would've been the inheritance of Se---

*X-Caliber >>>> Creator-san*

--Nighty's idea. His crack gave me another mindshock.
Old 2007-09-01, 00:46   Link #8450
Aaron008R

Quote:
Oh, Aaron, I just had an idea:

Doppleganger: "And that, Doc, is the concept behind the H4XX Cannon. So, will you help me?"
Aurion: "No."
Aurion: There's a much more usable concept. Copy this. <takes out a regular cannon device>

Dopp: <copies it> Now what?

Aurion: <Writes the letters HAXX on the side of the barrel> There! Your HAXX Cannon!

Dopp: Go to hell, you crazy bastard!

OC Profiles
Old 2007-09-01, 00:46   Link #8451
Arrow
N/A

Spoiler for click:

My source on the G-forces on a peregrine here (01:20) They pull Gs coming out of stoops in particular. They can definitely black out and such, but at that kind of tolerance, it really isn't too much of a factor for them.

My source on eyesight (which I admit I screwed up on)
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.adventurearchive.com/data/latest_fast_peregrine2.htm
Her eyesight is truly amazing as they have two forveas. One of them has five times as many visual cells than ours and is shaped like a telephoto lens, enabling her to see prey as far as 10 kms away.
My source on reaction times of peregrine falcons - Falcon by Helen MacDonald, ISBN 1861892381

My point is, falcon vision is absolutely NOTHING like our own, so falcons obviously would be able to do things that we couldn't.

Regarding your wheelchair comment, maybe it was an understatement to say you can't target infantry with a rocket - but keep in mind you're trying to target a person in the air. I don't think a missile can hit Nanoha while in the air, flying - she's too small, moves much slower than a jet, and can possibly sidestep it if she knows where it's coming from. Like trying to run someone over with a car - the person can sidestep and the car would have a tougher time hitting on the first pass.

That said though, I don't know much about Hellfire missiles and such in particular, but maybe I'm wrong and their induction angles are far better than what I thought.

Last edited by Arrow; 2007-09-01 at 01:00.
Old 2007-09-01, 00:48   Link #8452
Wibbles
Better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Aurion: There's a much more usable concept. Copy this. <takes out a regular cannon device>

Aurion: <Writes the letters HAXX on the side of the barrel> There! Your HAXX Cannon!

Dear sweet god. That's exactly what Dopp would say in response. Although Aurion would probably write HAXX on Dopp himself (since he's a gun).
Old 2007-09-01, 00:53   Link #8453
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Wibbles, what was it you wanted to ask? You're like missing my posts somehow...

Quote:
So wait... If Flame Braver Rasen is a drill... and Kha gattai's with Ignatius... then would they be able to gattai with, say, a spaceship? Since the Gurren-Lagann law of machines states that it can gattai if it's a drill, that would mean... Well, S**T. I may have stumbled upon something incredibly EPIC.
@Wibbles: We're already working on a crack partnership between Kha Testarossa's and Jail Scagletti's Rakael-StahlMut to Gattai with the Cradle, forming Arc-Rakael-StahlMut (DaiStahlCradle sounds too cute IMO. LOL).

But Rakael-StahlMut I imagine can Gattai with:

Chrono's Claudia (wonder what that would look like),

Hayate's Athra (Shoulder-mounted Arc = SDF-1! ),

And since Ignatius = Kamina (even though the Device that makes Kha better able to Gattai with Men is ??????, the avatar of Epic Spirit ****** )...

But I must point out Kha's Gattai's with men include mecha and battleships. Does Ignatius have one? I've a feeling he has, and since Rakael is the head unit of Rakael-StahlMut... Can I say "Check?"

Now for Ignatius' battleship... :3
Old 2007-09-01, 01:05   Link #8454
Wibbles
Better than you.

Quote:
Wibbles, what was it you wanted to ask? You're like missing my posts somehow...

@Wibbles: We're already working on a crack partnership between Kha Testarossa's and Jail Scagletti's Rakael-StahlMut to Gattai with the Cradle, forming Arc-Rakael-StahlMut (DaiStahlCradle sounds too cute IMO. LOL).

But Rakael-StahlMut I imagine can Gattai with:

Chrono's Claudia (wonder what that would look like),

Hayate's Athra (Shoulder-mounted Arc = SDF-1! ),

And since Ignatius = Kamina (even though the Device that makes Kha better able to Gattai with Men is ??????, the avatar of Epic Spirit ****** )...

But I must point out Kha's Gattai's with men include mecha and battleships. Does Ignatius have one? I've a feeling he has, and since Rakael is the head unit of Rakael-StahlMut... Can I say "Check?"

Now for Ignatius' battleship... :3
Actually... depending on the answers I get from you... Ignatius might- might get a spaceship. Maybe.
Old 2007-09-01, 01:25   Link #8455
Erio
Hiromi

... All this stuff about gattai... KHA KISAMA!! Stop spreading that crack!!!!

Quote:
Well, I guess that's true. I suppose only Hayate is a substitute for an orbital strike...regardless I'm sure there're some mages out there with a long-range attack similar to Hayate's...maybe it just needs more charge-up time and stuff.
Indeed, there SHOULD be... I wonder, though, will canon ever show them to us?

Quote:
Haha, now you want to gattai with stuff too?

Quote:
@Reiji: I've just realized something. You mustn't have Apalis go through Cartridges like a hungry man through chicken wings. Apalis is an AI device. And being such, is quite delicate. I suggest that he needs an hour cooldown after going through two Roulettes and not exceeding ten cartridges at any one time. An AI device more sturdy than Raging Heart or Bardiche is bordering on dangerous HAXX. And you don't want to fry his circuits, do you?
Hmm, I never mentioned this since I didnt see anyone else complaining about it...but I guess this is a nice opportunity to say it. What do you think about those spells that require over 4 cartridges? Fate and Nanoha, I believe, have used up to three MAX (maybe 4), and we've had Intelligent Devices here loading more than TEN. I never said it before, but I always thought... after the 5th cartridge, that device should have exploded.

I can go as far as to say that those who use excessive amounts of cartridges will be straining their bodies a whole lot, and should end up like Nanoha 7 years ago.

My opinion, anyway.

Quote:
No... This isn't Twist's Fate. Nanoha died in Twist's Fate, and because of that, anyone residing in the other timelines, on even earlier in the same timeline before Nanoha's death, can summon her as a Servant Tsukaima. Now the problem is, there's no chance of summoning her in any of the timelines short of a AU extension of NBC.
I guess... that makes sense...

Quote:
Paladins, given enough time, can kill anything. So Kha, given enough tools, can Gattai with anything...?
... however this one doesnt.

Quote:
Gattai! Gattai da!!!

Quote:
Caro: Erio-kun... ( :angryvein: )

Erio: Oh sh-- M-Meister, help me! Tell me what you do with angry women... *looks at Kha surrounded by angry women with sharp objects pointing at him * L-like them!!

Quote:
Wait. We're REALLY gonna do this? I was waiting to see what Nighty has in mind.
Haha, well, I do want to try to involve the Numbers in my fic... though its not really necessary, since I can create my own Sentou Kijin without problems. So pending StrikerS ending/epilogue, I may try.

Quote:
Hmm... I'm half-expecting the last 2 epis to change whatever plans we have post StrikerS. My thought about it (maybe some information was lost in translation) was that Scag might be placing the Cradle up there to prepare for the True Prophesy that would destroy the TSAB since he never did say he was going to blow TSAB up... did he?
Since they arrest him at the end, I kinda doubt it...since this would actually make him a hero.

But well, same happened to Lord Genome...

In S4: Fate: S-So Scaglietti was actually trying to...save us...!!

Quote:
It's already being changed ever since S4 was proposed... But Kha keeps getting more and more wersatile nonetheless...
(Kha on the left lol)

Quote:
Well, since I haven't noticed it (unless its Evil Nia, but that is so obvious from the OP), never mind about it then.

As for Chibi-Sakura, it comes from her greeting Sakura as "Mother" and that she would've been the inheritance of Se---

*X-Caliber >>>> Creator-san*

--Nighty's idea. His crack gave me another mindshock.
Haha, that's right, you already jumped around and watched 22. But yeah, it was because of Evil Nia, going along the lines of "being possessed by the 'gods'" and "being a messenger of darkness"... (Something I hope happens to Vivio)
Old 2007-09-01, 01:31   Link #8456
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
@Liingo: I need to make edits to that scene to have the fleet being the ones shooting, with Nanoha giving the order to do so, as said. I understand what you mean, and I know she wouldn't leave anyone behind, but V's being adamant about what he wants to do- being something of a tragic hero, in a sense. But thank you for your comments.
Noted. Just making sure that you haven't made Nanoha into some cold-hearted monster..

"ALL HANDS SALUTE!"

The rising sun cast it's rays over the land, one that had been ravaged by event's not long past. The freshly dug earth betrayed what lay there, under the shadow's of the wreckage.

The sun was high in the sky when Myristic finally left, one final spell cast as he left. "May you find peace, where ever you are now."

A single stylized 'V' was carved into the wreckage.
Quote:
Well, of course! Aurion is a Mage, not a Knight. One may argue that he'd pass as a Madoukishi (Magic Knight), but I like my balancing. No matter how insanely versatile Aurion is, he still has several areas of only moderate expertise.

Besides, I don't want anyone to go and disregard Signum's skills. She's one of the best frickin sword-users from the old Belkan Wars! Of course matching her skill with the sword is VERY difficult!
Good to know you've kept your modership skills Otherwise I'd have get on everyone's case...
Quote:
The Nanoha-verse seems to have become so enamored of magic they no longer seem able to even consider that other methods might work better the application of more raw magical power.

"Don’t be too proud of this magical terror you’ve constructed, it’s power pales before that of science."
Canon does imply that, although I'd hope that the TSAB still realise the threat of conventional weaponry. Even if canon doesn't back me up, Part 6 of my ongoing ficlet does have the TSAB aware of the dangers.

Although I'm obliged to point out.. it's not pure magic that they're working with. Science does play a role in it as well in the form of their devices.
Quote:
Back Log plowing nearly complete! Preparing to commence comment reply and ass kissing! Engage!

Well they may have been firing everything, but not much of it was acutally hitting. The heavier guns that could have really ruined their shit were calibrated more for dealing with fixed targets or other ships and such. They fired them anyway of coruse hoping for a golden BB, but no such luck. So all that was really hitting them was lighter anti-aircraft fire, still not something you’d want to sit around and just take, but survivable for a short time if you keep moving and get out of the barrage.
I may clarify and expand that section to make it seem slightly more dangerous in a final version, it did some off as a tad easy too get past even for my tastes. Still the crew was basiclly panicking and didn’t even think of just holding back and letting the shields keep at bay (at least for awhile). They were basiclly like “OMG enemy ace fire everything, and I mean everything dammit!”
Yeah, I sought of expected that in the first place which is why I didn't explode into haxx cries Since most if not all capital ships rely on their fighter screen to stop such things from happening.

I can live with your explanations Well done on it.
Quote:

I’m working on the next bit, but I fear it may end up just as long and so probably won’t appear for days at best.
An interestiing way of doing things. Just as long as you remeber that there's no point in making it too realistic.. Then again, I'm working much like you are, focusing more on the little things than on the macro which Canon is operating with.
Quote:

ROLF
Old 2007-09-01, 01:33   Link #8457
Aaron008R

Quote:
Dear sweet god. That's exactly what Dopp would say in response. Although Aurion would probably write HAXX on Dopp himself (since he's a gun).
But he wished for a cannon. And a cannon he gets!

Quote:
Hmm, I never mentioned this since I didnt see anyone else complaining about it...but I guess this is a nice opportunity to say it. What do you think about those spells that require over 4 cartridges? Fate and Nanoha, I believe, have used up to three MAX (maybe 4), and we've had Intelligent Devices here loading more than TEN. I never said it before, but I always thought... after the 5th cartridge, that device should have exploded.

I can go as far as to say that those who use excessive amounts of cartridges will be straining their bodies a whole lot, and should end up like Nanoha 7 years ago.

My opinion, anyway.
I don't know how the others handle it, but I'm safe from all these!

My Armed Devices (which were MADE to take cartridges), EXPLODE after loading 12, right?
Reishiki, designed to last like an Top-class Armed Device overheats after taking 12.
Almaria can't use cartridges due to her high-AI. When attached to Reishiki, she'd only take the pressure of two or three.
Tyrfing can only use six to eight (haven't decided yet)
Aurion deviced Reishiki and his other Armed Devices to take most the magical strain individually to avoid straining himself too much. His powers of External Empowerment (which gives him an external capacity coefficient) also helps a lot.

Amareruna. I'm almost always a few steps ahead.
I made my devices taking ALL of the matters you raised into consideration.

About the others, let them explain.
Reiji will have a hard time explaining how Arcas can still stand up after all that cartridge-spamming.

@Liingo: Of course! Modership blood runs in my veins. I know balancing!

OC Profiles
Old 2007-09-01, 01:41   Link #8458
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

YOOOOOSHA!!!!!

HAMMAAAAH CONNECTO!!!!!

BACKLOG HAMMAAAAAH!!!!!

BACKLOG HELL!!!

BACKLOG HEAVEN!!!

HIKARI NIII!!!!!!

NARE!!!!!

Quote:
I wish I could - alas, I don't have a digital camera. The light bomber honestly looks NOTHING like anything today...heck I betcha it's not even airworthy. I tried to describe it to the best of my ability...it has a normal-looking cockpit and stuff, but the wings is where it gets screwy...it like drops 45 degrees down about 1/4 of the way from the cockpit to the tail.
An anhedral delta wing?

And if there's anything I learned studying aviation history, it's that there are more ways than one to get anything airborne

Quote:
Remind me what Bluecheesium is? =P
Bluecheesium: (n) OC original term, used to describe a massive wall of text from a single poster.

Related terms: Epicsium, Backlog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
What matters is not the how much magic potential clocks, but the strength of the heart.

Because the heart is what moves the hearts of others.

You know, that Genya GAR speech was based of this. Of course, I intend to change Quint's annoying counterpart in it.

HOLY S***...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddly View Post
Thank you for the welcome.

Oh, and I won't be bagging Fate. Even in AU I'd prefer to see her with Nanoha. But thank you for the consideration of what I may want my relationships to be. <3

And thank you also for the welcome Liingo, and Night. Pffh, you mean the series doesn't revolve around NxF?

I'm just messing with you. I'll be honest, I really do like NxF, but I know the entire series isn't just about that, and if something pops up that isn't NxF, that doesn't mean it's insta-fail. You guys are all quite tolerant of the massive horde that's the NxF fans, and the least I can do or any other fans is show the same respect in turn.
We are quite tolerant of ALOT of things here in the OC, asides from unreasonable H4XXOR, and even then with sufficiently believable explanation and exposition even that can be justified. It's just the rabid fans who try and force their opinions on certain matters that we find quite irritating We don’t hate yuri though, in face most of us here like it to a certain extent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Riddly”
You guys are getting me sucked in~ It's almost 2am, and I have to be at work in 6 hours, yet here I am typing away my profile. Also, this isn't complete yet. I still need to create her background info. I would like you guys to check what I have though and see if I'm on the right path.

Spoiler for Riddly's unfinished character!:
Another female character, and in the service of the Saint Church? She’ll be the second asides from Sophia then

Quite the unusual persona though, going through extremes of optimism, but if she’s pessimistic she’s pessimistic She should make a nice indicator of a person’s character

But no PANTSU?

[Vader]NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! [/Vader]

Quote:
Allow me to think about that first.

Almaria: [I fail see the logic of making an attack like such a dance. Wouldn't it be more efficient if a well calculated tactical strike was used?]

If you get what I mean...
Smith: THROW AWAY YOUR LOGIC!!!!
Wesson: AND KICK REASON TO THE CURB!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
While you guys are doing that, I'm thinking of an OVA focusing on Erio/Caro/Lutecia... Hell, I could even toss in "mysterious girl" Cinque, and "Tsundere" Agito
DO WANT

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure Kha and Riddly would've met a few times. Might have worked together on mission or even done... GATTAI!

(runs before anyone recovers)
[Kyon] Oi oi [/Kyon]

… I’ve always wanted to do that

Quote:
Unfortunately, Chaos-chan, , the moral pitchfork army Kha's values and his status as the Representative of Light, the Cleric, the Savior of the Multiverse, is not permitted to indulge in carnal pleasures except within a sanctified relationship. He and Fate aren't married yet!

*cries in a corner*
Now I’m wondering what all those “getting lucky” talk was all about

*grabs pitchfork*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Neither have Jeno

Jeno: "I'm just letting her use the 'Haralown' name, THAT'S ALL! She just wanted to try it and I see no reason not to let her !"

Spica: "I want to hear Fate-san's opinion on this "

You should make a full-length scenario for these two

Quote:
And now, here's a piece that's in somewhat heavy debate...and I still need to produce a follow up to this.

Spoiler for Finality:

The reason why this is in debate is because there's no follow up before this (though there will be one) and because I'm generally unsure of the validity of this piece. It -is- AU, therefore V facing down Scaglietti and not Fate (although I still have to figure out how that switch will fully work) is reasonable without me getting blasted by the Ion Canon, but I still hold doubts.

Note that this is, as with most of my pieces, only a prototype segment. I also feel that I didn't capture Nanoha's overall persona in situations like the one depicted. But I'll leave that up to you to decide.
Awesome piece here, V telling Nanoha the justification for his decision is quite heart-rending Although like Erio, I feel that Nanoha would’ve just dissed off V’s request and instead broke through with COURAGE!!!!!

Quote:
Behold content! I’ve been plowing and tweaking this most of the night (and this week) and just finished this and I’m now off the bed, I’ll probably comment on some of the stuff posted tomorrow.

Though I would like to say welcome to the thread to our newcomers… despite being a nub myself. Anyway Arrow might like this…

Spoiler for WARNING GINORMOUS WALL OF TEXT WITHIN!!!:
HOLY C***

Longcat is looooooong, and very satisfying too Now THAT’s the way to take down a spacecraft Waiting for part 2

Quote:
Hmm... One side actively pursuing, the other passively receiving, both sides equally successful!

(runs from pitchfork army)

GET THEM!!!!

Quote:
Backlog bashing later. But for now, another snippet from "Tyrfing: The Baptism of Fire".

Spoiler for snippet:

Just showcasing the new device's modes. But i'm not revealing other possible moves just yet.
Signum vs Aurion never ceases to amuse, especially Ojii-san's taunts of Signum's "affections"

*dodges Sturm Falke*

Anyways, Tyrfing's forms flowing well from one form to another is awesome, and nice spells

Btw, this is all the description you need for Tyrfing?

Quote:
Heh, thanks. Does he drop by often?
He's very active, but currently AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow
I don't think it was Narulia, but that's a nice name. Honestly I never gave their world a name...I always considered it to be like AU-Earth or something. I based my map off of FF12 Ivalice, but with several changes:
  • The Anethian Federation, occupying what should be Archadia, is at relative peace with their southern fellows (what should be Rozarria) the country of Endale.
  • Verdath and Anadia occupy what should be Dalmasca and Nabradia, and are on good terms with both other countries.
  • There is no southern landmass (south of Giza Plains), replaced by the South Rygelian Sea - nearly unnavigable due to ever-present storms.
  • The Ridorana island does not exist
  • Almost equidistant from Anethia and Endale, offshore is the Northwest Island, where most of the silvers live under the constant threat of death from their non-silver counterparts.
  • Right where Bhujerba should be is Scion Island, which is home to the Island nation of Cyroia.
  • All the above countries excepting Cyroia kill silvers on sight.
  • Cyroia secretly aids silver falcons. It also has the world's most advanced naval fleet.
  • Anethia sports technology similar to today's - basic projectile weaponry, combustion engines, and are only starting to create baryon weapons. How then they were able to mass-produce something like the Skywind (which sports 20+ baryon turrets) is integral to the plot.
  • Endale uses magic similar to the Harry Potter universe, although it is not as flexible.
  • Anethia and Endale combine their mights against silver falcons, who fight odd hybrids of magic and technology, such as an M1 Abrams Tank firing Divine Buster (or something similar)
  • Unlike most universes, here technology is seen superior to magic, as tech generally requires more math and more intelligence to work, versus magic which is seen more as a talent than anything.
Tech superiority? Melike the concept already

At least you describe the map well... this'll make for a niiiiiiiice surprise

Quote:
Aww... I already had a scenario with Iris saying: "Aurion-san... I didnt know you had a daughter..."

*runs*

Quote:
And now, a slighty (hm...) OOC piece from me circling around a certain Number/Letter pair. I'm really not sure how this will turn out, and I think that this is somewhat randomly thrown together, but, as before, the judging is up to you all.

Spoiler for Tastes Like...:

A...deviation from my usual work. It's OOC, which, for the most part, explains the attitude change, but feel free to correct me in any fashion you see fit, be it harsh or not so much so. I feel like this might have been rushed, or was a tad confusing and/or pointless, but I'll leave the decision to you, the readers. Till then...

*Runs.*
Mmmmmm tastes like Strawberries... with whipped cream?

*runs from Rumble Detonator*

DREAM_TRAVELLER WINS THE INTERNET

Quote:
Kha = Rakael pilot
Jail = StahlMut pilot
Gwen = Cradle operator

MEGA GATTAI = ARC-RAKAEL-STAHLMUT!!!
And S&W to provide the HOTBLOODED COURAGE necessary for the Spiral Power activation?

*runs*

Quote:
Awesome piece again. I dont think Nanoha was OOC... in fact, I thought her reaction was pretty natural of her. The only thing, however, is that at the end she wouldnt have destroyed the Cradle...but instead go SIMON-GARNESS and say,

"But the probability of saving you is not 0%...

THAT'S AS GOOD AS 100% FOR ME!!"
QUOTED FOR THE F****** WIN

Quote:
Yes. This'll show those who complain about Aurion's versatility that he's not HAXX.

If I were to give a rundown...

Melee = Good. But not Signum-level.
Attack Spells = Very good. More suited for direct/indirect confrontations instead of bombardment.
Magic Stamina = Decent. But nowhere near Ace-level
Tactics = Very good.
Experience = Better than our Aces, that much I can say.
Speed = Not bad. At least Fate won't be able to simply run circles around him just like that.
Defense spells = Good.
Support spells = Decent. But he can't do healing and boosts properly and has to rely on cards.
Luck = Lucky!
Smith: I wouldn’t call him lucky…
Wesson: He hasn’t even scored yet!

Aurion: Neither have you two…

S&W: Good point…

*sulks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post

Arcas: Kisama... you DARE QUESTION MY AFFILIATION?! YURUSENAI! ORE-

Reiji: No, Arcas, DON'T SAY IT!!!

Arcas: ORE WO DARE DATTO OMOTTE YARU!!!! ORE WA ONNA JA NAI YO!!!! ORE WA OTOKO DA!!! APALIS!!! FULL CARTRIDGE LOAD!!!

Reiji: Aw, HELL NO!

Arcas: PIERCE THROUGH THE BURNING HEAVENS!!!

Apalis: Roger! Blazing Arrow Ray Storm: Incineration Shift!

Blazing Arrow Ray Storm: Incineration Shift>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aaron008R & Kha
Oh C***, Reiji just became HOTBLOODEDLY BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Reiji_Tabibito”
Mel: Sore, Fate-chan, Kha-kun, go get married!!! You wouldn't believe the things a Knight can do in bed!

Arcas: MEL!!!!

Mel: Joudan yo, Arcas...
Oooooooooooooooooohhh….. So they really have done it huh?

*runs*

Quote:
NEW MATERIAL!!!!

I have done it. I have done it!!!! EUREKA!!!

I have managed to insult several CCs and OCs, all without managing to rile them!!! GO ME!!!

Still working on short - can't say WHEN it'll be up.

BYE!!
I thought that was a compliment

Quote:
I
What the… HAYATE MOE OVERLOAD BREAKER!!!!

Quote:
As a sidenote...I believe someone mentioned a little spinnoff thing related to a mixture of Metal Gear and Nanoha...ah, it was Kha! So I present:

The Numbers FOXHOUND!

Spoiler for Roster:

How's that for a random roster?

And indeed, that Liar Paradox quip could be asked by Nemo or the Letters...infact...

*Gets working.*
So who's Snake then?

And somehow, Nove as Vulcan Raven doesn't click

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
@ Thread...

SO MUCH BACKLOG...

There is only one word in my (Aaron and Lowe's) tongue that can describe the sheer scale and effect it has on me right now...

Spoiler for Non-English:
[Aaron008R] Lakas ng tama, pare! [/Aaron008R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Saint X”
@ Kha:

Lyrical Magic needs a song right?

And one of the devices, Rhythm Edge is a guitar by nature.

But Didn't you know that the Star of Danaan, which Queen Night holds looks like a mi-*gets shot*

Not to mention that her spells are sung, not chanted.
Any song actually. Not sure what Kha has in mind, but in my view Lyrical Magic is not actually about the song itself, but the spell having a special harmonic melody. You can have two different songs that have the same effect. There are songs though that due to their melodies are much more effective and efficient at conjuring and enhancing certain effects i.e. obviously a lyrical spell designed to put someone to sleep is more effective when you play a slow, soothing ballad than if you played heavy metal (for a certain divine being, Polkas do the same trick )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
@ Thread

- Vivio issue:

Spoiler for If she lives: AlternateS II:

Spoiler for If she dies: AlternateS II:
What the... Seems there's more to Kyla than we thought there could be already

Quote:
Right, ignoring my lame-as-ever Prison Break reference...I kinda made the thread lull with that.

Here's an application of the ol' Liar's Paradox.

Spoiler for A Dilemma:

And, at the end, you can see where this is going. I might have pinpointed Quattro wrongly in terms of her general speech, what with her being afflicted with a strange kind of merriness concealing her darker side, but some if not all remarks she made in this piece kind of suited her...right?

Right?
Hmm sounds like Quattro to me.

Getting owned by the Liar Paradox though... OWNED INDEED And yes, I first knew about the paradox watching GiTS: SAC, which is why Tachikomas ROCK!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-01, 01:46   Link #8459
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:

Regarding your wheelchair comment, maybe it was an understatement to say you can't target infantry with a rocket - but keep in mind you're trying to target a person in the air. I don't think a missile can hit Nanoha while in the air, flying - she's too small, moves much slower than a jet, and can possibly sidestep it if she knows where it's coming from. Like trying to run someone over with a car - the person can sidestep and the car would have a tougher time hitting on the first pass.
She’s smaller but we can hit smaller objects now.

Trophy.

It knocks down foot long RPG, moving at near or above the speed of sound, from only a few feet away with mere milliseconds to react. Every ship in the US Navy Drills is shooting down at best 4 meter long cruiser missiles on a regular basis, etc, and this is today, we're talking a sci-fi setting here!

Also Moving slower is a huge disadvantage when facing a missile if you’re moving slow it means that no matter how you move you’ll still be staying in a much smaller general area so the missile needs much smaller corrections to continue tracking. If you get REAL lucky true you could perhaps force an overshoot, but more then likely what happens is that it just adjust to your minor changes in position and impacts. Just hopping around in place doesn’t really help, if you want to a avoid a missile what you need to do is force it to waste energy by making large course corrections to keep tracking you.

Just side stepping is only going to result in it tilting its fins a half a degree and smashing into you. Never mind that trying to side step around a missile screaming into your face faster then a damn rifle bullet (that should put the speed of a closing AAM in rather stark perspective) seems an absurdly unlikely and suicidal maneuver scenario.

Quote:
That said though, I don't know much about Hellfire missiles and such in particular, but maybe I'm wrong and their induction angles are far better than what I thought.
Newer models of the Hellfire with a millimeter radar in the nose can engage helicopters and such, but they aren’t great AA weapons, still they’d probably work fine on someone like the forwards or even Subaru.

You’d need a real dedicated AA missile to take down someone like Nanoha, but it’s entirely possible a few videos showing off modern targeting systems:
AA gun shots down MORTAR SHELLS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsnhyTiTqk4
AIM-9X Helemet queued heat seeker look, fire, boom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQz0bMJLLfA
Trophy Hard Kill Active Defense System:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62jzAupr044

Modern weapons are unbelievably deadly and accurate and will only get more so, it’s rapidly coming to the point that the only way to survive is to not get hit or even seen as you sure as hell aren’t going to dodge or survive one. They'll only get worse as time marches on.
Old 2007-09-01, 01:52   Link #8460
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Smith: THROW AWAY YOUR LOGIC!!!!
Wesson: AND KICK REASON TO THE CURB!!!!

Tyrfing: Okay. Their done. Can I shoot them now?

Quote:
Signum vs Aurion never ceases to amuse, especially Ojii-san's taunts of Signum's "affections"

*dodges Sturm Falke*
He knows Signum's old discomforts about extremely informal situations.

Quote:
Anyways, Tyrfing's forms flowing well from one form to another is awesome, and nice spells

Btw, this is all the description you need for Tyrfing?
Thanks!
And no. I still need some more details for the cartridge system and some other parts.

Quote:
Smith: I wouldn’t call him lucky…
Wesson: He hasn’t even scored yet!

Aurion: Neither have you two…

S&W: Good point…

*sulks*

At least he gets close.

Quote:
What the… HAYATE MOE OVERLOAD BREAKER!!!!
Wait till you see the EX version!

OC Profiles
Closed Thread