AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 12:48   Link #861
Athena
The Power of One

So Volume 5 and 8 will be turned into OVAs, I think. And after...Season 2 will end it all?
Old 2013-01-05, 13:56   Link #862
skullheart

I think it will be hard to have 13 episodes for the rest of the novels, they might need around 20. The books are longer and has more content after michi random. And yeah volume 5 and 8 should be OVA since some of the stories do not exactly fit in the timeline
skullheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 18:59   Link #863
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Who wants to bet that they gonna pull the same "final X number of episodes on air later" trick right as our cast
Spoiler:

Trololol
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 19:55   Link #864
skullheart

I think theyll make the entire asu random as 2 movie releases.
Spoiler for :
Old 2013-01-05, 20:32   Link #865
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullheart View Post
I think theyll make the entire asu random as 2 movie releases.
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:

I never understood the point of introducing those two characters. They didn't add much to the cast formula and they didn't contribute much to the over all picture of the plot. It feels to me that they are forced into there in Nise so that there could be external factors to raise conflicts. In fact, imo, I don't think Heartseed even need to have actual characters to wield that Illusory Projection power to mind screw the pentagon.
Old 2013-01-06, 00:32   Link #866
skullheart

Spoiler for :

It even seemed the main pentagon sometimes forgot about them too. The only major thing they provided might have been some humor from enjouji.

Last edited by skullheart; 2013-01-06 at 00:43.
Old 2013-01-06, 00:53   Link #867
Athena
The Power of One

I think the two characters were pretty much introduced in order to make the series longer, or for convenience of the dedicated volumes to them. Though personally, I don't think you can have 7 characters. My impression is that it looks like 3 layers of characters. Iori-Taichi-Inaba, +Aoki-Yui, +the two new characters.

At the same time, I wonder if Kokoro Connect should have kept Volume 4 for the last. And I would also like to see an arc where Taichi, and only Taichi, is at his weakest. Like Yui in volume 1, Inaba in volume 2 and Iori in volume 4. Or maybe did it already happen?
Old 2013-01-06, 01:13   Link #868
skullheart

Taichi is the main focus after vol 4 in my opinion, most of the phenomenons are directed at him.
Spoiler for :
Old 2013-01-06, 01:14   Link #869
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I think the two characters were pretty much introduced in order to make the series longer, or for convenience of the dedicated volumes to them. Though personally, I don't think you can have 7 characters. My impression is that it looks like 3 layers of characters. Iori-Taichi-Inaba, +Aoki-Yui, +the two new characters.

At the same time, I wonder if Kokoro Connect should have kept Volume 4 for the last. And I would also like to see an arc where Taichi, and only Taichi, is at his weakest. Like Yui in volume 1, Inaba in volume 2 and Iori in volume 4. Or maybe did it already happen?
4 volume would be too short, because the relationship within the group is only part of the whole picture of the theme. After all, if you treat Heartseed as the Word of God, in his eyes the first 4 arcs are only "Phase 1".

As of now, the story is developing nicely and smoothly as the group's interaction expand beyond their tiny little circle, and then their entire community in school in the final arc. Such is how teenage life goes. There's nothing wrong with having multiple layers of character as long as their interactions mattered to the plot and theme. If the author limited his writing within the small circle of the pentagon, then this series is nothing more than Breakfast Club 2.0 with a dose of drama.

My only complain is the less-than-satisfactory attempt to add those two new characters into the front layer of the characters. IMO, the later arcs could have existed perfectly fine without those new characters. That, or they could have been better off as side characters like the other named characters.
Old 2013-01-06, 01:56   Link #870
skullheart

The two characters seems to only provide a sense of guilt for the pentagon. That's what theyve been saying for the last 3 books saying how they regretted dragging them into it. My complaint is how heartseed is not doing anything to the two new members after nise random. It would be more interesting and makes more sense if they also take part in the weird events too instead of being bystanders

I seriously want to know why taichi never calls anyone by their first name but everybody else calls each other by their first name in the club except for the kouhai.
Old 2013-01-06, 19:34   Link #871
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
I seriously want to know why taichi never calls anyone by their first name but everybody else calls each other by their first name in the club except for the kouhai.
"Inaba", "Nagase", "Aoki", "Kiriyama". Yeah, your right.

I'm not sure, but could it could be that
1. Taichi willingly wants to keep a distance between them.
2. Taichi, deep inside him, does not feel that any of them are truly close.
3. Just his personality.
4. Deus ex Machina:
Spoiler for lol theory:

I think that it's likely 3 though.
Old 2013-01-06, 19:39   Link #872
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nobody calls Inaba as Himeko because she doesn't like it.

Girls are more casual with girls.

Everybody calls Aoki as Aoki.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 22:11   Link #873
skullheart

all i know the group like calling aoki as aoki because it sounds like ahoki. But yeah taichi doesnt seem as close to the rest of the group. Usually friends call each other by their first name unless for some special reason.
Old 2013-01-06, 22:23   Link #874
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
all i know the group like calling aoki as aoki because it sounds like ahoki. But yeah taichi doesnt seem as close to the rest of the group. Usually friends call each other by their first name unless for some special reason.
Sigh till this day, none of my friends call me by my given name.

When they do, it seem to require effort to pull it off, and only in front of other relatives (cause you know, same family name?)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 23:03   Link #875
skullheart

They added some extra scenes in the bd of kizu so its closer to the novel. Hopefully they will fix kako random on the bd.
Old 2013-01-06, 23:08   Link #876
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

I think Taichi's just being too polite. Some people consider it rude or informal to address someone by first name unless they are family or are in an intimate relationship. And Taichi just happens to take it to the extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
"Inaba", "Nagase", "Aoki", "Kiriyama". Yeah, your right.

Spoiler for lol theory:

Spoiler:

Quote:
They added some extra scenes in the bd of kizu so its closer to the novel. Hopefully they will fix kako random on the bd.
Now I'm bloody curious.
Old 2013-01-06, 23:19   Link #877
skullheart

Spoiler for BD version:
I thought they would actually redraw inaba and taichi scene in that volume

Spoiler for :
Old 2013-01-07, 01:32   Link #878
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-07, 05:56   Link #879
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Spoiler:

If this turns out to be true, then my whole life, or at least a relatively small part of it, has been a lie.

EDIT: It always seems like I'm putting it off or something, but I've been studying for exams over Christmas, what with them being 3 days away from today and all, which is why no progress has been made on my part for Volume 2...
Old 2013-01-07, 10:51   Link #880
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
SO, the QUESTION at hand is:

Is there a second season for the anime already confirmed? (hopeful eyes)
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen