AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-04-30, 11:49   Link #8781
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Lulz is if you want Kyonko to be able to pull off sweet mode and be able to switch out to murderous intent against Haruki when he does something, Mai Nakahara (Nagisa, Clannad, Rena, Higurashi)

More is Yukari Tamura, (Nanaho, Nanoha, Rika, Higurashi,Ranpha, Galaxy Angel, Mai, Kanon). I've not seen Galaxy Angel, so I wonder if she can do sarcasm...she seems to be able to do everything else.
o_o ... I want.

No, I really want to hear this!

NOW.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 12:39   Link #8782
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
I'm thinking more of Kyonko forced to ride while balancing on/against the steering wheel, with Yuuki behind Haruki. If Kyonko questions it, Haruki can justify it by saying "I thought you'd be the lightest, seeing as how small and thin you are -- you don't have any spare fat anywhere, do you?" Count of one for Kyonko to realise what he's implying and for her to start fuming, while still marveling that Haruki could steer effortlessly with her in front. Followed by mute self-loathing as she realises this means she thinks she's fat.
To my shame, I was thinking of the ecchi. Based on their statures and how fast Haruki was pedaling, Kyonko would be rubbing her chest intensely on Haruki's back; and if she were wearing a skirt, well, the view would be wasted on an book-reading alien even as its shoved into his face.

Quote:

Total lulz is keeping Tomokazu Sugita for all Kyonko's inner thoughts and monologues, while an actress does her "normal speech". The problem there is deciding what she says internally and what she actually said outloud, as there are a few scenes were it is very hard to tell.
Extra lulz is using Rie Tanaka here. Hideki!
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 13:00   Link #8783
Aebliss
Story Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
To my shame, I was thinking of the ecchi. Based on their statures and how fast Haruki was pedaling, Kyonko would be rubbing her chest intensely on Haruki's back; and if she were wearing a skirt, well, the view would be wasted on an book-reading alien even as its shoved into his face.
Naah. Instead of going for the blatantly ecchi, you should go for the funny. Imagine Kyonko, who is so concerned about maintaining her composure, wide-eyed, teeth bared in terror as she tries to alternately keep balanced while this madman rushes ever faster forward and - just to appease the fanboys - keep her skirt from flapping all around the highway.
Old 2008-04-30, 13:27   Link #8784
otai

Quote:
Naah. Instead of going for the blatantly ecchi, you should go for the funny. Imagine Kyonko, who is so concerned about maintaining her composure, wide-eyed, teeth bared in terror as she tries to alternately keep balanced while this madman rushes ever faster forward and - just to appease the fanboys - keep her skirt from flapping all around the highway.
You're right of course. SuzuHaru isn't supposed to be a fanservice story. Well, not entirely.

Another thing is, if you were Haruki, would you want a third wheel on your bike ride with a girl? Maybe Yuuki should be put on another bike. Less funny that way, but i dunno...
Old 2008-04-30, 13:29   Link #8785
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
You're right of course. SuzuHaru isn't supposed to be a fanservice story. Well, not entirely.

Another thing is, if you were Haruki, would you want a third wheel on your bike ride with a girl? Maybe Yuuki should be put on another bike. Less funny that way, but i dunno...
That was my idea, actually. Have the other three on one bike with Yuuki pedaling, and Kyon-chan and Haruki on the other, Kyon-chan being forced to cling to Haruki because of how fast he's going.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 13:48   Link #8786
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
How what Minorin's voice range in Dragonaught?

Has any actress had to pull off that type of range in a series before? I know several that can do sweet, cute, serious, scary, and total psychopath, but snarky and scarcasm seem uncommon.

Ryō Hirohashi (Kyou, Clannad) was able to pull of Konota for the Lucky Star Drama CDs (I've not heard them), so she might be able to pull off the kind of sarcasm we need.

Emiri Katō (Kagami, Lucky Star) was pulling of sarcasm from time to time during the show. I've not heard her range outside of Lucky Star however.

For something different, Rie Tanaka, ("Yomi", Azumanga Daioh, Chii, Chobits, Maria, Hayate, Suigintou, Rozen Maiden) I'm thinking "Yom's" voice since she can pull of sarcasm. Also a good singer.

Lulz is if you want Kyonko to be able to pull off sweet mode and be able to switch out to murderous intent against Haruki when he does something, Mai Nakahara (Nagisa, Clannad, Rena, Higurashi)

More is Yukari Tamura, (Nanaho, Nanoha, Rika, Higurashi,Ranpha, Galaxy Angel, Mai, Kanon). I've not seen Galaxy Angel, so I wonder if she can do sarcasm...she seems to be able to do everything else.

Total lulz is keeping Tomokazu Sugita for all Kyonko's inner thoughts and monologues, while an actress does her "normal speech". The problem there is deciding what she says internally and what she actually said outloud, as there are a few scenes were it is very hard to tell.
Impressive list ya got thar.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 13:56   Link #8787
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
...Hm...I just had an idea for Kyonko's voice actor. Yuko Goto (yes, Mikuru, but also Hikari Hanazono [Special A] and Abiru Kobushi [Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei]), using the non-high-pitched voice she uses for Hikari and Abiru.

Also, Rie Tanaka might be good as Itsuko, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceflow View Post
If you're using the Mirror-Moon english patch, check the 'extras' folder in the game folder.

Theres a flow chart for for all the scenes. Been using it since i'm reading for the story. ^^;;
...I unchecked the box for the flowchart during installation, because I didn't want the temptation of spoilerage. I'll do a reinstallation to obtain the flowchart, though, if it does give you tips on how to defeat certain opponents, because Giant Akiha is incredibly hard to fight (well...fairly hard).
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 14:32   Link #8788
Aebliss
Story Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That was my idea, actually. Have the other three on one bike with Yuuki pedaling, and Kyon-chan and Haruki on the other, Kyon-chan being forced to cling to Haruki because of how fast he's going.
I see two amusing images here:

#1) Kyonko clinging on for dear life.
Kyonko: "Can't you ride at a pace more suited to normal humans, you overly energetic idiot?!"
Haruki: "What, what? You'll have to speak up, that teeny voice of yours doesn't carry."
Kyonko *clinging in fear*: "Slow down, you lunatic!"
Haruki *mild flush*: "What? A real man goes to his destination at top speed, hangers-on should just grab hold and try to keep up!" *accelerates*
Kyonko: "AUGH! TRUCK! TRUCK!" *clings for dear life, face buried in Haruki's shoulder as he narrowly avoids a truck*

#2) Kyonko sitting upright, face utterly deadpan, arms crossed.
Kyonko: "Hey, idiot. Why don't you try showing some consideration to the other people on the road?"
Haruki *annoyed*: "What, what? Your voice doesn't carry through the tailwind, speak up!"
Kyonko *yawns*: "Personally, I don't care if you rush about like an idiot, but today people can see me with you, so I'd rather you don't alienate everyone else on the road."
Haruki: "What, does my driving scare you, princess?"
Kyonko: *annoyed expression, slight flush* "Just try not to buzz those cars so much."
Haruki: "If you're afraid, you could act like a real girl and grab hold."
Kyonko *yawns*: "Pft. As if. I can keep my balance just fine without getting your sweat on me."
Haruki: "So you have some special abilities after all, huh?"
Kyonko: "You don't know me as well as you think, you see? I have perfect balance." Not to mention Nagato's lips have been moving ever since we got on the bicycle's. Nice surreptitious magic, Nagato! I'll have to think of a way to repay you soon ...
Old 2008-04-30, 14:37   Link #8789
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
I see two amusing images here:

#1) Kyonko clinging on for dear life.
Kyonko: "Can't you ride at a pace more suited to normal humans, you overly energetic idiot?!"
Haruki: "What, what? You'll have to speak up, that teeny voice of yours doesn't carry."
Kyonko *clinging in fear*: "Slow down, you lunatic!"
Haruki *mild flush*: "What? A real man goes to his destination at top speed, hangers-on should just grab hold and try to keep up!" *accelerates*
Kyonko: "AUGH! TRUCK! TRUCK!" *clings for dear life, face buried in Haruki's shoulder as he narrowly avoids a truck*

#2) Kyonko sitting upright, face utterly deadpan, arms crossed.
Kyonko: "Hey, idiot. Why don't you try showing some consideration to the other people on the road?"
Haruki *annoyed*: "What, what? Your voice doesn't carry through the tailwind, speak up!"
Kyonko *yawns*: "Personally, I don't care if you rush about like an idiot, but today people can see me with you, so I'd rather you don't alienate everyone else on the road."
Haruki: "What, does my driving scare you, princess?"
Kyonko: *annoyed expression, slight flush* "Just try not to buzz those cars so much."
Haruki: "If you're afraid, you could act like a real girl and grab hold."
Kyonko *yawns*: "Pft. As if. I can keep my balance just fine without getting your sweat on me."
Haruki: "So you have some special abilities after all, huh?"
Kyonko: "You don't know me as well as you think, you see? I have perfect balance." Not to mention Nagato's lips have been moving ever since we got on the bicycle's. Nice surreptitious magic, Nagato! I'll have to think of a way to repay you soon ...
Me likes them both. Creative use of Nagato's physics hax btw.

Old 2008-04-30, 14:47   Link #8790
Aebliss
Story Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Me likes them both. Creative use of Nagato's physics hax btw.
Thank you. ^^ It's nice to be appreciated, as I've said before.

An unholy idea struck me ... Since this is part of 'Endless Eight', we could have Kyonko dreaming of one of these versions, when the other has just taken place. When she wakes up, she wonders why both versions seem equally realistic and then, bam, infodump on the time period being recycled again and again. The reason why she has more than just premonitions? Female intuition/sensitivity, perhaps?
Old 2008-04-30, 14:50   Link #8791
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Unholy idea indeed... I like this too. How many time loops do we have to work with again?

Old 2008-04-30, 14:50   Link #8792
Aebliss
Story Master

Quote:
Unholy idea indeed... I like this too. How many time loops do we have to work with again?
Hadn't it run into the hundreds ...? ... Heh.
Old 2008-04-30, 14:57   Link #8793
Furyofthewolves
Kyonkoism!

Finally done with all my exams!!! So I'm finally able to contribute again .

Didn't feel like doing the covers in order so I just did the Volume 4 cover, enjoy:

Spoiler for Vol 4 cover, Seitenkan and Original:
Furyofthewolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 15:00   Link #8794
Aebliss
Story Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyofthewolves View Post
Finally done with all my exams!!! So I'm finally able to contribute again .

Didn't feel like doing the covers in order so I just did the Volume 4 cover, enjoy:

Spoiler for Vol 4 cover, Seitenkan and Original:
I like it! The original is more subtle, and thereby gives off a greater 'Ryouko's a crazy whackjob'-vibe than the seitenkan one, which just has Ryou looking ... frightening. Still unbalanced, but more like a skilled assassin than Ryouko. Does that make sense ...?
Old 2008-04-30, 15:00   Link #8795
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Long time no see, FotW.

Old 2008-04-30, 15:09   Link #8796
Furyofthewolves
Kyonkoism!

Quote:
I like it! The original is more subtle, and thereby gives off a greater 'Ryouko's a crazy whackjob'-vibe than the seitenkan one, which just has Ryou looking ... frightening. Still unbalanced, but more like a skilled assassin than Ryouko. Does that make sense ...?
Hmmm, makes sense, now that you mention it, tho the main reason I choose that pic was just cuz it look way too cool, I just had to put it on the cover lol.

Quote:
Long time no see, FotW.
Its nice to be back, exams are over and all is now good in the world
Furyofthewolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 15:10   Link #8797
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I kinda like the 1st scenario presented.

We seem to be going for Haruki being subtly perverted, and this ties in nicely with that.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 15:11   Link #8798
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Hmmm, makes sense, now that you mention it, tho the main reason I choose that pic was just cuz it look way too cool, I just had to put it on the cover lol.
That pic can't NOT be used.

Quote:
Its nice to be back, exams are over and all is now good in the world
'Tis a wonderful time indeed.

Old 2008-04-30, 15:14   Link #8799
otai

Rena's VA for Kyonko, time loops and knife wielding psychos. This page is going Higurashi on us.
Old 2008-04-30, 15:17   Link #8800
Aebliss
Story Master

Quote:
Rena's VA for Kyonko, time loops and knife wielding psychos. This page is going Higurashi on us.
We can but hope.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan