Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-05-11, 02:30   Link #8861
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
That is very thorough and very smart. No wonder Caldwell was highly sought of before he became our General Manager. He kept his opinion and allow his scouts to do their job without influencing their decision. Doing so several months and waited to for his scouts' reports. They came up with the same conclusion that Caldwell did, with no influence on their part. Excellent pick and excellent General Manager.

Suzuku, keep up to date on the undrafted free agents.
Man I'm feeling so much better about the Bortles pick now. I really think we may have found this franchise's first franchise QB. The fact the Patriots would have taken him in the first round really says a lot to me. They have never taken a quarterback that high and the fact that they thought this guy could eventually take the reigns over from Brady says a lot. Holy shit. Think about this:

Blake Bortles: Starting to sound like he will be a legit franchise guy in this league, is clutch, charismatic, and a unique skill set at the position that you don't see often

Marqise Lee: Everyone is saying if this were last year's draft he would have gone somewhere in the top 5. That's how much of a steal this is. In 2012 his production was every bit as good as the season Watkins had this year and he was being looked at as the next Julio Jones/AJ Green prospect, not Watkins, in 2012. If we get the 2012 Lee, we will have pulled off the steal of the draft.

Allen Robinson: A legit first round talent with size, after the catch speed, and power. He goes up and gets it. And we got him in the second round, to pair with Lee. Holy crap. He could be our Alshon Jeffery, and I don't even think that's an exaggeration.

Aaron Colvin: Would have been a first or second round pick if not for his knee injury, and was the stand out at the senior bowl before his injury. Gus liked him so much he assured he'd come to get him. He's probably a first round scheme fit for us. Great ball skills, range, hits hard, and really long arms.

Telvin and Chris Smith: Both first or second round scheme fits for us. I really feel like these two and Colvin will be our versions of what Seattle has been pulling off for years with drafting mid-round picks and turning them into stars.

Brandon Linder and Luke Bowanko: Under the radar linemen that have serious potential to end up being steals for us, and if they are, it would give us a massive O-Line to go along with a massive quarterback. We'd be extremely intimidating and physical on not just the defense but also the offense. Would not be worried about Clowney and Watt together at all. Watt got sonned by Pasztor last year, and I look forward to seeing Luke take on Clowney. And if nothing else, Blake is big and mobile enough to probably shed off tackles from even Clowney, or at least avoid them, and his accuracy on the run to his left and right are very good.

Storm Johnson: The EXACT back who I wanted us to take in the later rounds. I wholeheartedly believe he will be our Stephen Morris. He's explosive, physical, can act as a receiver from the backfield which is necessary to have a back like that in this era's league, fits our zone run scheme perfectly and is a great blocker. He's an excellent compliment to Toby Gerhart and I honestly believe he will be our RB2. If he can handle his fumbling issues he will be a very good one. He was every bit as instrumental to that amazing run UCF went on as Bortles was, and hopefully we will see part 2 of that in Jax.

I just fucking love the offense we're building right now. It's big, physical, and mean at every level. The shape its taking is like the Seahawk's legion of boom on offense. Our O-Line will have 4 guys who are at or over 6'6'', and the shortest is 6'4''. Our quarterback is 6'5'' and huge, but can still move. Our running backs are both big and powerful at 6'. And we finally have a tall, big receiver to throw to in Robinson.

Man, I mean, I can't believe how good a draft we may have just had. Even those obnoxious Cleveland fans are jealous

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/ind...howtopic=29230

I think we honestly may have just had the best draft in the league this year, in a draft that was incredibly deep, one of the deepest in decades even. This was a masterful draft, at least on paper. this draft is the kind that championship teams look back on and see the nucleus of where it started. Hell, I think in a couple years we will look back on this draft as the best in our history, and it won't even be close.

Just imagine if Blackmon ever makes his way back. We'll legitimately have a wide receiver core that rivals Cincinnati's and Chicago's for best in the league. It's awesome to see that Dave is not just trying to build a stout defense, but is also setting up an explosive offense. I mean, we're basically making an Atlanta/Colts/Denver level offense while going with Seattle's model on defense. If everything works out over the next two years, we'll be one of the most fun teams to watch in the league on both sides of the ball for a long long time.

And the crazy thing is that, we'll still probably be picking in the top 10 next year and will STILL have all the cap space in the world for the next 3 years. Man, if these picks pan out and Dave continues to have drafts and free agencies like these, we will be a fucking juggernaut come 2016-2017. What we're seeing happening before our eyes is amazing.
Old 2014-05-13, 19:50   Link #8862
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Anyone keeping up to date on their teams' undrafted free agents? Also, the waiver wire is starting up, the Jaguars already got started with getting Allen Bradford that was release by the Giants on the waiver wire.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 20:11   Link #8863
GDB

Yeah, Ravens have gotten some good ones. James Hurst, who was ranked as a top 5 OT prior to breaking his leg in December. We're also trying out Jerry Rice Jr. Bunch of others but I try not to look too closely until at least the first round of cuts.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 20:19   Link #8864
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, Ravens have gotten some good ones. James Hurst, who was ranked as a top 5 OT prior to breaking his leg in December. We're also trying out Jerry Rice Jr. Bunch of others but I try not to look too closely until at least the first round of cuts.
Well, its all good if you pick out the most notable undrafted free agents who most likely have contribution.

For the Jaguars, Craig Loston will bring necessary depth on Strong Safety. Rayshaad Reynolds will further complete the Jaguars cornerback team. Deandre Coleman will bring much needed depth at the slanted 1 technique DT as well as the 3 technique DT and even 5 technique DE.

Loston, Coleman and Reynolds were considered 3rd round grades.

Edit: Also, what is everyone's take on the arrest of Greg Hardy.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-05-14 at 14:49.
Old 2014-05-14, 16:40   Link #8865
Samari
World's Greatest

Sounds like Andre Johnson isn't happy with the direction Houston is heading. I feel for this guy. Seems like he's one of the few star players in the NFL where money isn't always the bottom line.

Quote:
The Houston Texans' wide receiver sat out of the first team workouts with new coach Bill O'Brien, and now we know why: Johnson is upset with the direction of the franchise following a 2-14 debacle in 2013.

Johnson said he doesn't plan to attend organized team activities and minicamp. He hasn't requested a trade, but wondered at a charity event on Tuesday, "Is this still the place for me?"

"I just look at my career. ... I've only been to the playoffs twice. I think we've only had three winning seasons," said Johnson, according to the Houston Chronicle. "I don't think any player wants to experience that. I think over time it can become very frustrating.

"And this offseason has been very frustrating for me; beginning of the offseason, I should say. That's just kind of where I'm at right now."

Johnson's comments come three days after the conclusion of a draft in which the Texans didn't address the quarterback position until the selection of Tom Savage with the 135th overall pick. The team selected linebacker Jadeveon Clowney with the draft's top pick.

"I'm just taking some time, thinking about some things," Johnson said. "You know, when I make my decision I'll make my decision and go from there."

This isn't the first time Johnson has expressed his displeasure with the Texans, though the time element involved makes this a potentially different situation. Johnson will turn 33 in July and knows his time as an elite playmaker won't last forever.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-place-for-me

There is more in the video via the link I've provided. He sounds kind of depressed. Almost like he wouldn't mind retiring. Would have been interesting to see what his career would have been like if he was in a place like New England this entire time.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 18:22   Link #8866
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Sounds like Andre Johnson isn't happy with the direction Houston is heading. I feel for this guy. Seems like he's one of the few star players in the NFL where money isn't always the bottom line.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-place-for-me

There is more in the video via the link I've provided. He sounds kind of depressed. Almost like he wouldn't mind retiring. Would have been interesting to see what his career would have been like if he was in a place like New England this entire time.
Yeah, I think its about time that the Texans do Andre Johnson right. Business would work well in that aspect too. Andre Johnson is no Spring Chicken, however, is still better than most receivers in the league and the Texans could use the extra draft pick. Let Andre Johnson a chance to get a ring.
Old 2014-05-15, 01:38   Link #8867
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Andre Johnson should come to the Jags. We actually were smart and drafted a QB.
Old 2014-05-15, 13:04   Link #8868
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Even though the Jaguars has a long amount of cap space, we are trying to get younger my friend. Veterans age wise we usually take in are between 26-31. He would be serviceable, but it would take much snaps from Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, Ace Sanders, and Mike Brown who are all developing.
Old 2014-05-15, 13:13   Link #8869
GDB

Also, no offense, but if he's wanting to be on a winning team, the Jaguars aren't exactly it. Sure, you guys are coming around, but to come around that much you have to first, and currently, be near the bottom. He doesn't have all the time in the world, and even a first round pick QB is still a recently drafted QB. Bortles is no Luck.
Old 2014-05-15, 17:44   Link #8870
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Also, no offense, but if he's wanting to be on a winning team, the Jaguars aren't exactly it. Sure, you guys are coming around, but to come around that much you have to first, and currently, be near the bottom. He doesn't have all the time in the world, and even a first round pick QB is still a recently drafted QB. Bortles is no Luck.
True, while the Jaguars now have talent on the field. They need to adjust and be implemented. The Jaguars on paper can now be very competitive. Projection on many websites have them between 7-9 wins this season with 7 being the consensus. Not really prime to go to the Superbowl, just a playoff birth.

Andre Johnson is planning to play for 3 more years. There are a number of teams who could use the help. Though not sure if they are willing to part with a draft pick.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-05-15 at 17:58.
Old 2014-05-15, 23:01   Link #8871
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Didn't ya'll learn from the Torry Holt experiment?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 00:59   Link #8872
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Didn't ya'll learn from the Torry Holt experiment?
Different GM at the time my friend, a GM who isn't the brightest of stars when it comes to signings.

I also don't think the Jaguars should trade for Andre Johnson.

In other news, Colt's Robert Mathis is suspending 4 games for violating NFL policy on using prohibited substances. Though substances were use for Mathis and his wife to increase fertility.
Source

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-05-16 at 17:36.
Old 2014-05-19, 11:58   Link #8873
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Andre Johnson wants to win now by the looks of it. No offense, but I do not think the Jags will compete for the Super Bowl for the next few years.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 04:54   Link #8874
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Superbowl 52 will be hosted in Minnesota in their inevitable new stadium.
Old 2014-05-21, 19:18   Link #8875
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Superbowl 52 will be hosted in Minnesota in their inevitable new stadium.
So, to be a Super Bowl, you have to make a new stadium............
Old 2014-05-21, 19:21   Link #8876
GDB

That's... not new news? Pretty much every team that gets a new stadium gets a Super Bowl there within a few years of its completion.
Old 2014-05-21, 19:26   Link #8877
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
That's... not new news? Pretty much every team that gets a new stadium gets a Super Bowl there within a few years of its completion.
I know its not new, but...seriously why...
Old 2014-05-21, 20:27   Link #8878
GDB

Because cities invest a shitton of money in these stadiums, with the investment promised being an increase in tourism and local business boosts. The NFL wants to facilitate that and reward the investment by bringing the biggest event there. Prove that it's worth the city's while, and all. Because let's face it, without a Super Bowl (and even likely WITH a Super Bowl), the city is never going to see that $500m+ investment again. At least this way they get a good faith gesture and some amount back.
Old 2014-05-21, 20:39   Link #8879
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Because cities invest a shitton of money in these stadiums, with the investment promised being an increase in tourism and local business boosts. The NFL wants to facilitate that and reward the investment by bringing the biggest event there. Prove that it's worth the city's while, and all. Because let's face it, without a Super Bowl (and even likely WITH a Super Bowl), the city is never going to see that $500m+ investment again. At least this way they get a good faith gesture and some amount back.
Yeah, that seems to be a valid reason. Though from a financial standpoint, the NFl would be making more money off cities that has established a very good tourism and business already like Miami or a New Orleans.

Well, all things aside, I will never understand the top brass of the NFL. I just love the game.
Old 2014-05-22, 08:02   Link #8880
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Aldon Smith has pleaded no contest to weapons and DUI charges.

Tags
american football, sports