AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-20, 21:39   Link #8881
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

-Sigh- Could Seo have made Rin trolling in on Yuzuki and Haruto's nice moment together anymore obvious?

Seriously. As tired as I am of seeing Haruto act like a prepubescent wimp, though he did manage to redeem himself somewhat in this chapter, I'm even more sick of Seo skirting around the two of them getting to act like adults, because that's what they freakin' are!

My. God. Let's get past this already so we can move onto some new material. >__<

My little rant aside, aside from Rin trolling us yet again, I did enjoy this chapter in that at least we're getting some progress... if just a little bit.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 21:59   Link #8882
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
building up points with the father first would make things much easier in the long run.
There was a joke our Physics teacher used to run around in class, where a young man was visiting her girlfriend the first time, and her dad said, "No, she's not here, buzz off!"

Then the next day, the young man brought some meat and beer with him and invited the dad for a drink. And, you guessed it, Daddy drank "sake" together with her daughter's boyfriend!

Indeed, score points with the dad first before your girlfriend to make things easier.

@topic I haven't read this manga for a long time. I stopped at the part where Haruto's rival was a biker whose only dream in life is to play Motocross before he dies of a serious disease.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:08   Link #8883
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Hahahaha... oh man. Rin is so awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
*yawn*....wake me when Hoshina comes back.
She won't be returning for quite a while... add her to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That's some hardcore cock-blocking there.
Shonen manga, at it's best.
Old 2011-10-21, 12:41   Link #8884
solomon

Lololo at rage due to textbook shonen romance trolling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
-Sigh- Could Seo have made Rin trolling in on Yuzuki and Haruto's nice moment together anymore obvious?

Seriously. As tired as I am of seeing Haruto act like a prepubescent wimp, though he did manage to redeem himself somewhat in this chapter, I'm even more sick of Seo skirting around the two of them getting to act like adults, because that's what they freakin' are!

My. God. Let's get past this already so we can move onto some new material. >__<

My little rant aside, aside from Rin trolling us yet again, I did enjoy this chapter in that at least we're getting some progress... if just a little bit.
How long have you people been reading Shonen Romance. IT'S ALWAYS LIKE THIS JUST LIKE SHONEN JUMP WILL FOREVER PUMP OUT DBZ CLONES. Seriously guys either get with the program or get off the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
There was a joke our Physics teacher used to run around in class, where a young man was visiting her girlfriend the first time, and her dad said, "No, she's not here, buzz off!"

Then the next day, the young man brought some meat and beer with him and invited the dad for a drink. And, you guessed it, Daddy drank "sake" together with her daughter's boyfriend!

Indeed, score points with the dad first before your girlfriend to make things easier.
Classic advice, though in RL it's not always that easy especially if there is cultural/ethnic differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I want to hate on the fact that Eba is jonesing so hard for Haruto's twig and berries and Haruto is as about responsive as a corpse, I want to hate that Seo is still making Eba look unfairly hot and bangable as FUCK (I really can't think of a better literary term to describe it) but I'm going to be honest and say that I did actually enjoy this chapter. I seriously hope everyone else in the story somehow ended up on a plane that crashed into a volcano which instantly vaporized everyone on it to a crisp because these past few chapters or so have been wildly more entertaining and worthwhile then anything we've gotten in a while.

In fact I think that's Seo's problem. He can't do supporting characters for shit. Every time we got a character that popped in for a few chapters they were awesome and welcome. The hot older classmate, the hot chef, the hot next door neighbor. They prolonged (read: delayed) the story but I never really got bothered by them. It's when Seo's actually had to concentrate on outside characters that the story turned to shit. Rin's practically the only exception because she's there for comic relief.
1. Agree that it is frustrating see such appealingly designed characters in a glacial push and pull relationship when it comes to sex. But you have to realize. If a shonen comic actually treated sex how it often is treated by teenagers in the real world, it probably wouldn't be published on account of teenagers (japanese especially) are doing it like rabbits these days.

2. I don't see what all the fuss is about. If anything Seo's approach to characterization bothers me LESS than other shonen romances, all of which have pretty much the same approach to characterization (heavily archetypical) and plot progression (needlessly dawn out ala daytime soap operas). Seo's characters don't have that blatent blaring 100% wish fufillment moppishly coquettish feel that other characters do. I mean yea they are idealized but the whole feel is more down to earth and easier to relate to as genuine personalities than most of these harem (or multi-girl) romances.

Plus while Seo's guys are definetly sluggish and whipped from an average american perspective (I doubt even average Japanese would act this goofy), his seem much more average and realistic than all the utter wet blanket losers you normally see. (Tenchi, Love Hina's Keitaro, Good Ending's Utsumi, etc.) then again that's because the standard of masculine appeal in these stories is RIDCULOUSLY low, so Seo wins by default I guess.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 22:39   Link #8885
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

I have to confess, I read this manga masochistically. Not ironically, mind you; I had some genuine interest in it when I first started reading. But bit by bit, it became apparent that the sole driving force of the plot was and always would be Haruto's incompetence and indecisiveness. His continued pursuit of and relationship with Eba easily places as one of the most pathetic displays of fictional romance I've yet encountered. At this point, I'm essentially forcing myself to read it through until it ends as punishment for taking interest in it to begin with.

Somebody help me.
Old 2011-10-22, 06:42   Link #8886
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

This is frustrating, how long are they going to progress at this rate? Every time there is a genuine chance for progression, something pops up to hinder them. Perhaps one of the only things that keeps me reading is the great art.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 07:30   Link #8887
LCeh

Wow, chap 156 out already. That was quick. Good chap, looking forward to the next one.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 07:31   Link #8888
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

156 spoiler
Spoiler:
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 07:45   Link #8889
Odd

If Haruto's still a virgin then what the hell was he doing with Asuka for over a year (I'm not saying a relationship needs to be physical but for 18/19/20 year olds to not be doing anything while going out for over a year and living right next to eachother is highly unlikely).
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 07:55   Link #8890
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

"Nah I'll just tell him myself" That was epic... enough said...
Old 2011-10-22, 08:02   Link #8891
Shadow5YA

That's a pretty awesome dad, though compared to every other male in this series it's not saying much.

I am honestly surprised that Seo didn't use his trademark contrived coincidences to make Yuzuki's dad accidentally run into Haruto.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 08:13   Link #8892
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

WTF? This is just EPIC! Worrying over his lust. Damn Hehruto.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 08:19   Link #8893
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That's one sharp father. +1 for him.
Old 2011-10-22, 08:51   Link #8894
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
How long have you people been reading Shonen Romance. IT'S ALWAYS LIKE THIS JUST LIKE SHONEN JUMP WILL FOREVER PUMP OUT DBZ CLONES. Seriously guys either get with the program or get off the bus.
No need to get heated. 'Tis why I mentioned that that was just a bit of a rant on my part, nothing more.

To be fair however, even Suzuka had more progress to speak of at this point.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 08:58   Link #8895
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

maybe Yuzuki's father was listening to Haruto and Yuzuki's talk before He came in.

Haruto did talked about him meeting with Yuzuki's father and all other stuff related to it

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 09:26   Link #8896
jzmagic
flargansbog

Looks like Yuzuki's father is about to give him his approval.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 10:59   Link #8897
ShiroiRyu

And look lile the father is not dumb.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 11:04   Link #8898
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
She won't be returning for quite a while...
Looks like your radar needs work

Quote:
WTF? This is just EPIC! Worrying over his lust.
The woman's practically a doujin magnet. She's like a horny version of Aoki from Bakuman.

Quote:
Looks like Yuzuki's father is about to give him his approval.
Or he might just throw him off the balcony instead
Old 2011-10-22, 11:09   Link #8899
Shadow5YA

Now that I think about it, why aren't there any doujins on any of Seo's works? This should have been an easy rule 34.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 13:11   Link #8900
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It's obvious why she's afraid of men... it's not really the men she's afraid of, it's her own carnal desires lol.

Anyway, papa-san is pretty keen. Glad to actually see someone intelligent in this series
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life