AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2018-07-21, 05:39   Link #881
Random14

Wow, so that's where all the budget for the last few episodes went and it was so worth it. It was probably just as epic as the movie version (if not a bit more) with the way Naruto and Sasuke worked together, and Sasuke even using some more Rinnegan powers.

So Boruto's eye was involved in that final takedown, no surprised. I might still like the movie version a bit more, mainly for the grand finale/happy ending compared to the ominous prophecy here, but this was definitely one of the best fight scenes in the series.

Awesome animation all around, I'm glad they did such a good job with the movie adaptation. I definitely rank this above the manga version (especially with that last warning compared to the manga version). I'm not sure if they'll ever top this, but if not, at least this is a great high point for the series. Now I wonder where they'll head to after they wrap up the movie aftermath.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 05:46   Link #882
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I hope that's it for Boruto complaining that his dad is lame and useless.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 12:15   Link #883
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I hope that's it for Boruto complaining that his dad is lame and useless.
I have no doubt that plotline is over. He reached an understanding with his father and he got to witness first hand how awesome he is as both a person and a fighter.

That doesn't mean he'll want to follow in his footsteps though. It's more interesting that Sarada is the one aspiring to be hokage like Naruto and Boruto aspiring to be a ninja like Sasuke.
Old 2018-07-25, 08:06   Link #884
Ultragunner

hm....now that I see it again, with the "new" Rasengan where Lightning attribute is added, does that mean Boruto has the most sheer talents among family, including grandpa () Minato?
Because even Minato himself failed to add nature manipulation into his Rasengan, and Naruto had to use clone to do it for him before he mastered his Tailed Beast power.

Or maybe this is an effect of the "eye" that Boruto has?

Of course, when I mean "talent", I don't mean Boruto will end up more powerful than his dad, Naruto and Sasuke are just walking cheat-code with the Six-path power anyway
Old 2018-07-25, 11:58   Link #885
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Boruto being a genius was part of his character description from the start. Yes, I think he has more innate talent than his grandpa and his father. His problem, as mentioned several times in the series, is that he lacked motivation and therefore didn't train enough. Sasuke gave him that motivation and that's the result.

And actually, going by the prologue, it's highly likely that Boruto will surpass his dad.
Old 2018-07-25, 15:53   Link #886
Galaxian

Kishimoto said he didn't think Boruto would surpass Naruto in terms of power, but then again, he is not in charge of the Boruto story and is only a consultant at best.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-25, 19:02   Link #887
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Kishimoto said he didn't think Boruto would surpass Naruto in terms of power, but then again, he is not in charge of the Boruto story and is only a consultant at best.
It depends on what he meant by power too. Boruto likely won't be able to use a jutsu that can obliterate a mountain because he lacks the chakra required, but that doesn't mean he can't surpass him another way. Speed and technique are also important.
Old 2018-07-26, 12:47   Link #888
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Oh boy, this was Yamashita's final episode.... :/

He will be replaced by Toshiro Fujii while Abe is still working on the anime.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 17:44   Link #889
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I liked that they showed Boruto going around apologizing, but I also wish they had shown us how he was reinstated as a genin. Obviously, it's thanks to his contribution in killing Momoshiki, but it's simply something that would have been nice to see.

I don't like that Boruto is hiding the mark on his hand from everybody. He should have told Sasuke at least.

Anyway, some pretty nice small moments here and there in this episode. Mitsuki talking to Orochimaru, Sasuke and Sarada spending some time together, Boruto and Shikadai having a heart to heart talk, and Naruto spending time with his family for real. And we got some ominous teasing with Urashiki at the end.
Old 2018-07-26, 18:45   Link #890
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

For a second this episode felt like a finale but I wonder what's Pierrot intention with the upcoming episodes. Like in the manga it seems that Sasuke is staying in the village to obtain information about Boruto's mark.

In surpassing the movie, well I remember the staff writer said they had time constraints so we got a bigger conclusion to this arc. Hope Urashiki and Toneri return but I wonder if we'll have to the flashforward for that. In the original series, Kishimoto stated that the real reason for the timeskip was that he felt Naruto was quite weaker than the Akatsuki. The Boruto from this moment feels stronger so I don't know if this anime will go on a hiatus so that the manga can proceed.

We could also have an adaptation of the light novels centered around the adults (Naruto, Shikamaru and Sasuke) too before starting on the next arc.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 20:43   Link #891
Galaxian

The added the scene of Shinki thinking about Boruto from the manga, but it makes far more sense here in the anime since the two actually fought each other.
Old 2018-07-28, 03:18   Link #892
Random14

Good wrap-up on the huge movie arc. Nice to see Boruto apologizing to everyone, they forgave him fast, but oh well, they all know how Boruto is with his father issues, which is finally mostly resolved. Uzumaki family moments are always cute, especially with a reminder of who is in charge.

So there are consequences to killing a god, but who knows when we'll find out what, so far its only a mark. Boruto's eye, the mark on his hand, and the flashforward we had, well, there are still years to go in Boruto's story (at least).

Compared to the manga, with Urashiki still on the loose, Sasuke's search is even more urgent now, whereas before that last vision of Momoshiki was ominous enough as is. And Toneri is probably still trapped. I wonder how long until the next big arc starts up, but for now I don't mind simpler arcs again either.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 07:02   Link #893
World_of_Z

Hi guys

I have 2 questions about the Naruto / Naruto Shippuden and Boruto anime series.

1- I'm about to start watching Boruto, but do they devote the first 20 or so episodes

to the movies The Last: Naruto the movie, and Boruto movie, or I can start from

the first episode ?

2- Is Chakra in Naruto and Naruto Shippuden the same as the

Chakra in Indian religions ?

Is it the same as this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra

Or is it based on it ?

Or is it inspired by it ?

Or is it a parody of it ?

P.S: I asked this question on other forums but I thought I should ask here as

well to get more information about the subject.

Also, I posted this question in the Naruto Q and A section in this forum, but I didn't receive any

answer so I thought I should post it here.
World_of_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 07:27   Link #894
Tenzen12

Boruto start way before before that and put it into context. Movie arc start after 50 or so episodes.

Chakra... well real people can't use it fire huge ball of energy of their hands or walk on water, but as long as you put that aside it's more or less same thing.
Old 2018-07-28, 12:22   Link #895
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Boruto anime starts with Boruto entering the academy. It doesn't cover the Last at all, and the events of the Boruto movie have been changed and improved. Start from the first episode.
Old 2018-07-28, 17:26   Link #896
World_of_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The Boruto anime starts with Boruto entering the academy. It doesn't cover the Last at all, and the events of the Boruto movie have been changed and improved. Start from the first episode.
What about the second question ?

I know Tenzen answered it, but I would like to hear your thoughts as well as

others
World_of_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 19:31   Link #897
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think the same as Tenzen. Chakra is the same as chi/ki in Dragon Ball. A real life concept that works as a basis for the fictional superpowers seen in these series.
Old 2018-08-02, 11:42   Link #898
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Slim Chocho is beautiful. She can already use that jutsu, although she hasn't mastered it. Well, in a sense, she has. Pretty convenient to be able to control your weight at will.

The actor is so obviously the culprit. Maybe too obvious to be true?
Old 2018-08-02, 14:41   Link #899
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Slim Chocho is beautiful. She can already use that jutsu, although she hasn't mastered it. Well, in a sense, she has. Pretty convenient to be able to control your weight at will.
It's definitely incomplete. Not only does she not get the strength boost from the Butterfly Mode, but her strength may actually go does since she had to revert to her normal form to attack the villain.
Old 2018-08-02, 17:40   Link #900
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
It's definitely incomplete. Not only does she not get the strength boost from the Butterfly Mode, but her strength may actually go does since she had to revert to her normal form to attack the villain.
It's still pretty amazing she can even summon the wings. Right now, it's useless for fighting, but great to seduce guys. I was under the impression she thought people were already attracted to her in her "normal mode" though, so not sure why she decided she was more attractive that way all of a sudden.