AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-12, 15:54   Link #9041
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Woah! I didn't expect the Ravens to beat the Steelers (26-6). Well, at least not this badly.

I thought they would have been distracted by the whole situation surrounding Ray Rice, but I guess not.
Everyone's looking down on them and thinking they're trash. As such, they'll flourish or flounder. Based on last night's game, it'll be the former.

Though there was a bit of odd play calling from the Ravens that game too. 3rd and 20 in your own red zone, and you do a short pass to the line of scrimmage instead of... anywhere that might get a 1st down?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 17:17   Link #9042
Juicyyuuji

Adrian Peterson indicted in Texas
Old 2014-09-12, 17:25   Link #9043
GDB

Well, this is likely to royally screw my fantasy team.
Old 2014-09-12, 22:00   Link #9044
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

This is a bad year to be a running back, reputation and image wise when you got two well known figures making headlines for all the wrong reasons.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 22:04   Link #9045
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Are you sure he will declare this year? I haven't seen him on any prospect rankings nor any game film posted up, however, I have seen his highlights. He looks good. So far, I consider him a early second rounder.

How is it looking for the Jaguars on Profootballfocus?
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2014-09-12, 22:20   Link #9046
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Not looking too bad there, on the pass block. However, that run block is horrible. McClendon especially.
Old 2014-09-12, 22:25   Link #9047
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Also, I think this is an interesting question for you, Reaper. If Bortles had come out in this year's draft instead of last year's, would you have take Mariota, Winston, or Bortles? You had us taking Bortles in your mock, but who would you have preferred this season?

And yeah, the run block is downright terrible. I have hope in Linder, seems like he will turn out as you predicted and be a pretty solid starting guard in the league. Hopefully Pasztor comes back soon and Bowanko overtakes McClendon at center. Man, Alex Mack would have been such a huge get for us. The deplorable play at center is killing the entire O-Line.
Old 2014-09-12, 22:33   Link #9048
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Oh these coverage stats are interesting.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They also have charts for the receivers, passing charts including the number of passes made under pressure and the completion percentage, and special teams rankings.
Old 2014-09-12, 22:39   Link #9049
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Also, I think this is an interesting quesiton for you, Reaper. If Bortles had come out in this year's draft instead of last year's, would you have take Mariota, Winston, or Bortles? You had us taking Bortles in your mock, but who would you have preferred this season?
I would still say with Bortles.

Mariota benefits from a very excellent run game and pass game of the Ducks. Allowing a lot of pressure to be taken off him despite many knowing he is dangerous. Comparing the rushing game from last year of both teams, the Ducks had 2841 rushing yards excluding Mariota while the Knights had 1807. You can see many defenses were expecting Bortles and had an easier time planning for him, Bortles had to carry the team. Adding to that, the Ducks' defense is way above the Knights. So Bortles had to play way above the call of duty every single time.

Winston is a bit complicated. If you looked at this year's draft. You see that 3 of the players of the Seminoles' offensive line is in the top 75. With both guards being in the top 5 for offensive guards this season and their offensive tackle being a top 7 in this year's draft. Add to the fact that their defense is one of the best in college. As well, their tight end is a top 5 as well. They didn't change much from last year. I wouldn't take anything from Winston, but if I had that dominate of an offensive line, defense, and weapons. You can see life is a bit easier for him compared to Bortles.

Many analysts mocked up Bortles as their number 1 QB if he had stayed for next year. With good reason.
Old 2014-09-13, 00:32   Link #9050
VTHokiePride

Adrian Peterson has been deactivated by the Vikings for the child abuse charges against him. An arrest warrant has been issued. Also, Greg Hardy is in trouble for domestic violence charges. Things aren't going right in the NFL.
Old 2014-09-13, 03:06   Link #9051
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Peterson was taken into custody Saturday morning in Montgomery County, Texas at 1:06 a.m CT, NFL Media has confirmed with jail personnel. He was subsequently released on $15,000 bond.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ld-injury-case

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 07:13   Link #9052
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I would still say with Bortles.

Mariota benefits from a very excellent run game and pass game of the Ducks. Allowing a lot of pressure to be taken off him despite many knowing he is dangerous. Comparing the rushing game from last year of both teams, the Ducks had 2841 rushing yards excluding Mariota while the Knights had 1807. You can see many defenses were expecting Bortles and had an easier time planning for him, Bortles had to carry the team. Adding to that, the Ducks' defense is way above the Knights. So Bortles had to play way above the call of duty every single time.

Winston is a bit complicated. If you looked at this year's draft. You see that 3 of the players of the Seminoles' offensive line is in the top 75. With both guards being in the top 5 for offensive guards this season and their offensive tackle being a top 7 in this year's draft. Add to the fact that their defense is one of the best in college. As well, their tight end is a top 5 as well. They didn't change much from last year. I wouldn't take anything from Winston, but if I had that dominate of an offensive line, defense, and weapons. You can see life is a bit easier for him compared to Bortles.

Many analysts mocked up Bortles as their number 1 QB if he had stayed for next year. With good reason.
I see, and agree. I'd still take Bortles. Kind of cool and weird to know we basically got the best quarterback in the 2015 draft in 2014 lol.

And okay, Oakman is looking more and more impressive I must say. I still wouldn't take him if we're picking in the top 3-5, but if we're around 10 then I'd definitely take him. He does have potential to be as good as Clowney but doesn't have as high a floor as Clowney right now either.
Old 2014-09-13, 12:05   Link #9053
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well flock...

In other news, the FBI is investigating the NFL over claims NFL execs knew about and saw the Ray Rice video well before they 'claimed' they did.
Old 2014-09-13, 12:26   Link #9054
GDB

Why should the FBI give a damn? NFL wasn't under oath in a court of law, nor do they have any actual obligation to do anything in regards to punishment of any sort.
Old 2014-09-13, 18:52   Link #9055
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Hey reaper you ever thought of Ifo Ekpre-Olomu converting to FS from CB like Thomas did coming out of college? He has all the same measurables and intangibles; ET was known for having range, great instincts, and a hard work ethic, which is the same thing Ifo is known for. He is also known for his tackling ability, which is something you rarely hear about when speaking about a CB. He's 5'10'' 195lbs with 4.4 speed, same as Thomas as well.
Old 2014-09-13, 21:54   Link #9056
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Hey reaper you ever thought of Ifo Ekpre-Olomu converting to FS from CB like Thomas did coming out of college? He has all the same measurables and intangibles; ET was known for having range, great instincts, and a hard work ethic, which is the same thing Ifo is known for. He is also known for his tackling ability, which is something you rarely hear about when speaking about a CB. He's 5'10'' 195lbs with 4.4 speed, same as Thomas as well.
I don't see why not. The situation with Olomu and Thomas are very similar. Olomu has great instincts, vision, and timing to overcome his deficiency in size (I believe he is really 5'9), speed, and fluidity (especially in backpedaling). However, those will kill him in the pro level so safety may be a natural fit.

It depends on the situation with our OTTO position this year. Can Dekoda Watson prove he is worth the signing, if yes, then no need to go first round nor second round for the OTTO. We can afford another year to find our next elephant and nose tackle, its likely we will find both in the 2nd to 4th round to develop them. SO if OTTO works out this year, it pretty much a forgone conclusion that we draft Safety in the first.

Olomu fits the mold of the free safety that Bradley is looking for. Competitive, great instincts, very high Football IQ, good run support, and ball skills. Depends on who we want. IF we draft middle 10's, its either Collins or Olomu. Though I think Olomu will be picked due to his versatility to also play nickle as well.
Old 2014-09-13, 23:44   Link #9057
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why should the FBI give a damn? NFL wasn't under oath in a court of law, nor do they have any actual obligation to do anything in regards to punishment of any sort.
Perhaps the law considers it obstruction of justice? Proof that this is happening.

Perhaps this is a witchhunt designed to end the terms of some people. Robert Mueller III being in charge of this suggests this is going to be heavy. Doubt they'd get someone who headed the FBI for 12 years to head this investigation otherwise.
Old 2014-09-14, 09:26   Link #9058
GDB

That's just the NFL hiring a former FBI director to head their own investigation. That's different from the FBI itself launching one.

*edit*

EEW, anyone else see Griffin possibly just break his ankle? The announcers were talking like the defender's hit took him out since he wasn't in the pocket, but the replay looked like it happened when he pushed off at an odd angle a step before throwing.

And now it looks like DeSean Jackson just got his elbow smashed something good. Poor Washington.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-09-14 at 12:34.
Old 2014-09-14, 13:02   Link #9059
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

this is embarrassing
Old 2014-09-14, 13:34   Link #9060
Kakurin
大佐

Wow, what a block, recovery and return TD on a FG to end the half by the Patriots' Chandler Jones.

Tags
american football, sports