AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-20, 22:05   Link #901
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
I've heard a longer version of the OP (though not the whole song) and it flows a lot better than the edited version we have for the anime as it should. There's some parts of Koeda's vocals that bother me though that make me think I like nagi better. Probably since I got used to nagi with supercell. The orchestration for the song is pretty epic though.
Yea it looks like they chopped parts of it together. I also prefer Nagi's voice as I feel Koeda's is a bit too high pitched.

Anyway here is the longer version of the song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSWGDpt-9XM

Anyway the show has been very much Code Geass in execution so far. The question is whether they can flesh out GHC better than they did Brittania. I'm also expecting either Gai to live long enough to see himself become a villain or die a hero.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:17   Link #902
Forsaken_Infinity

Okay, it looks GREAT. But ugh... I seriously wanted, no, believed, that they had more to offer on the plot department as well as with the characters and everything. It's too early to call them all completely shot down but the episode didn't do anything to please the side of me that revels at being told a good story or the side of me that gets pumped up seeing awesome characters with strong appeal. Episode 1 hinted at a lot of depth to the characters but this episode had nothing at all. It might have had been a good idea to bundle this episode with episode 1 and air them together because that would have been great. As it is though, this episode was pretty much nothing but visuals - and a semi-decent followup to the first episode.

Oh well, at least it's pretty - very pretty.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:33   Link #903
JediNight
キズランダム

I thought episode 2 was pretty good, but the arse-pull near the end was definitely a deus ex machina.

Spoiler for Ep2:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:41   Link #904
Chase

I could have done without the fanservice but some folks are being a little over dramatic about it. It was a pretty good episode, i like the ED and i yeah some things are cliche but its too early to tell as far as the story goes. Overall 8/10 based on the strength of action as of right now. We'll see in the following episodes.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:42   Link #905
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I usually don't like fanservice in shows with serious plots
Wait...what?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:45   Link #906
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Ayase is the hottest Funeral Parlor girl (both in looks and personality)?
Nope, I'm right there with you. With Tsugumi as a close second I'd say.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:45   Link #907
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Wait...what?
You don't consider a major armed resistance against an occupying international organization to be a serious plot?

Just because Guilty Crown has some superfluous elements that are just for show doesn't mean that the overarching plot isn't serious.

Code Geass had a perfectly serious overarching plot, while also having some superfluous elements in it. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Old 2011-10-20, 23:00   Link #908
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You don't consider a major armed resistance against an occupying international organization to be a serious plot?
For an armed resistance they're awfully well-armed.

I mean they got hundreds of mini bots and even stealth cloaks!

Quote:
Just because Guilty Crown has some superfluous elements that are just for show doesn't mean that the overarching plot isn't serious.

Code Geass had a perfectly serious overarching plot, while also having some superfluous elements in it. The two are not mutually exclusive.
I'm kinda wondering where this is going.

They can't defeat this organization simply through violence.

In any case this Gai is like Lelouch + Suzaku - Geass powers.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:06   Link #909
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
For an armed resistance they're awfully well-armed.

I mean they got hundreds of mini bots and even stealth cloaks!
Gai's words during his speech to his forces implied that they've been operating on the sly for some time now. Such covert operations may have been largely focused on finding and securing necessary armaments in order to eventually mount a credible counteroffensive (or insurgency, if you prefer). So I don't have a problem accepting that they've managed to piece together a good cache of weaponry through such operations.
Old 2011-10-20, 23:08   Link #910
Chase

If Gai would have gotten that power like he was suppose to, this show would be over already
Battlefield 4
Old 2011-10-20, 23:18   Link #911
tsunade666

But it looks to me Gai isn't powerless at all. He has strange eye and if he is indeed powerless right now then how can he know what Daryl's genome will result into? did he knew before hand?
Old 2011-10-20, 23:22   Link #912
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:25   Link #913
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I just want to know where all the little robots that parachuted in came from.

Also had to lol @ the GHQ soldiers pulling Daryl out of his cockpit while leaving Shu alone.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thoroughly entertained by Guilty Crown.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:28   Link #914
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But it looks to me Gai isn't powerless at all. He has strange eye and if he is indeed powerless right now then how can he know what Daryl's genome will result into? did he knew before hand?
Hmm i don't think he's totally powerless but he doesn't have one of the 3 so called enhanced genomes(I think). In which Shu has one of them.
Battlefield 4
Old 2011-10-20, 23:41   Link #915
dark998

The fittest one truly survived, huh?

Anyway, really good episode. The standard set by 1 was quite high and this one managed to surpass it without effort. I like how Shu's void power is very versatile and he is even able to "forcefully" extract weapons from other persons (leaving the friendship aspect to rule only the power stat of said weapons).

Some nice scenes between Shu and Inori going on and the music during the entire episode was great (for a moment I thought I was watching Gundam Unicorn)

OP is fantastic, Im so torn between music and video that I can't decide which aspect I like more, they complement each other so well.

Looking forward to the slower paced episode next week, we really need it after the action-packed start. Inori looks hot with any kind of clothes
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:57   Link #916
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Yea it looks like they chopped parts of it together. I also prefer Nagi's voice as I feel Koeda's is a bit too high pitched.

Anyway here is the longer version of the song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSWGDpt-9XM

Anyway the show has been very much Code Geass in execution so far. The question is whether they can flesh out GHC better than they did Brittania. I'm also expecting either Gai to live long enough to see himself become a villain or die a hero.
Koeda has parts in the song that sound "nasally" and is a bit harsh on my ears, while Nagi didn't go there. As long as Koeda doesn't throttle up her voice, she sounds fine, IMO. But, I do prefer Nagi.

And obvious bad guy is worse because he's psychopathic. Subtle as a sledgehammer this show is.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:04   Link #917
justsomeguy

I liked this episode. Yes, the fanservice, shallow and quickly killed villains, and simple plot mark this as an action show rather than a sophisticated exploration of human nature, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Besides, we're only two episodes in, and there's plenty of time for more development.

8/10 so far, this show is in solid B territory.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:14   Link #918
blue_sora

The op is pretty good, but the singer is not. Her vocals doesn't resonate with me.

Okay, I thought episode 2 will flesh out this anime to differentiate it from Code Geass, but nope, it almost the same. Even when a guy said 'Yes, commander' I thought he was going to say 'yes, your majesty'.

I only hopefully that next episode it will explain more clearly the political state of the country because I still don't understand the theme of this show. Gai saying survival of the fittest seems too random for me. And if GHQ represents the foreigners that gives out the aid then it seems to say that all foreigners are evil and only had nasty intention behind their kind act. Of course, they could introduce kind foreigners in the organization so later GHQ are not that cut-out evil antagonist that Funeral Parlour said.

Gai, the failure of Inori lays on you because you send her in the first place. You just can't send another capable guy with that extra stealth cloak to tag along with her, don't you? And I'm hoping you are actually a manipulating bastard so that the story will become interesting.

Shu turned Gai down because he knows if he accepted he will only become the random guy who suddenly pulled weapons out of someone else's body so that Gai can stand proudly with the wind blowing his long blond hair, taking all the glory.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:18   Link #919
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
Okay, I thought episode 2 will flesh out this anime to differentiate it from Code Geass, but nope, it almost the same. Even when a guy said 'Yes, commander' I thought he was going to say 'yes, your majesty'.
Honestly, I have the opposite problem with the show. It's not similar enough to Code Geass to really be compared at all besides the superficial elements. But unfortunately, it doesn't give anything in return either, to the point that I say, "I hate rehashes, but the only thing that can make this anime interesting, is changing Shu's personality to Lelouch's. I don't care if people will declare this as a rip-off. It'll at least be more entertaining than this". Now, I don't want to be too hard on the show, as I like quite a few stuff that started off bad, but these characters need to become likable. Fast.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:54   Link #920
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Wait...what?
Yes, I think replying to and mocking one sentence out of that long post without input is "wait what?", indeed.

And while it doesn't approach the issues always seriously, if GC wanted to take that path it wouldn't hurt. Besides, something like Tiger and Bunny started out really silly, but the plot picked up. It's only 2 episodes, so it's not certain what tone they're wishing for.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig