AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-01-06, 14:05   Link #9301
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'm enjoying the salt

I do agree that the DPI call situation was pretty screwed up. The ref that threw the flag also was the one farthest from the play. The lack of explanation from when they all had their little meeting before overturning the call really hurt. But, there were a couple other things that were missed that could have been called too: Hitchens had a handful of jersey before the ball was thrown, also Pettigrew had a handful of Hitchens' facemask. Jason Garrett pointed out in a interview that bad or missed calls is something every team deals with every week and are submitted to the officials after the games. It's only intensified because it's the playoffs.

A lot of fans want to focus on this ONE incident, but not the 10 yard punt (they were 3 and 1 and I have no idea why they didn't rush for the down, but instead tried to draw offsides) or two fumbles that gave Dallas a TD and ultimately the game.

Surprisingly enough there wasn't a ton of penalty yardage throughout the game.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2015-01-06 at 14:24.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 16:43   Link #9302
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I'm enjoying the salt

I do agree that the DPI call situation was pretty screwed up. The ref that threw the flag also was the one farthest from the play. The lack of explanation from when they all had their little meeting before overturning the call really hurt. But, there were a couple other things that were missed that could have been called too: Hitchens had a handful of jersey before the ball was thrown, also Pettigrew had a handful of Hitchens' facemask. Jason Garrett pointed out in a interview that bad or missed calls is something every team deals with every week and are submitted to the officials after the games. It's only intensified because it's the playoffs.

A lot of fans want to focus on this ONE incident, but not the 10 yard punt (they were 3 and 1 and I have no idea why they didn't rush for the down, but instead tried to draw offsides) or two fumbles that gave Dallas a TD and ultimately the game.

Surprisingly enough there wasn't a ton of penalty yardage throughout the game.
One incident? how about 3 incidents in that one alone? the DPI, the defensive holding against Pettigrew on the same play, AND the lack of unsportsmanlike conduct against dez bryant? Not to mention the "reason" given was laughable to anyone who has a single working eyeball and neuron in their skull - "minimal contact"? any more contact and the guy would've had to have Pettigrew in a bear hug.

But yea, it's just salt, not like the league have conceded they blown multiple calls - both including the holding against pettigrew that would've lead to a 1st down and kept the drive going, and another one against Suh that would've took a TD away from the Cowboys.

Oh wait, they have.

And spare me what Jason Garret says, as if anyone in his position would remotely admit to being aided by the blown calls. True, blown calls happen to everyone in just about every sports, but don't try to use that as a magic wand to wave it away as if they're all created equal.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 09:49   Link #9303
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
One incident? how about 3 incidents in that one alone? the DPI, the defensive holding against Pettigrew on the same play
Apparently you needed to remind me what I said

Quote:
the lack of unsportsmanlike conduct against dez bryant?
Ref said it was a judgement call, he told Dez to get off the field, Dez complied, thus no flag.

Quote:
Not to mention the "reason" given was laughable to anyone who has a single working eyeball and neuron in their skull - "minimal contact"? any more contact and the guy would've had to have Pettigrew in a bear hug.
Should have been off setting penalties and replay of 3rd down imo because of Pettigrew's hand in Hitchen's facemask. But, still doesn't change the fact that for some odd reason, the Lion's opted to punt instead of trying to convert...

Quote:
And spare me what Jason Garret says, as if anyone in his position would remotely admit to being aided by the blown calls. True, blown calls happen to everyone in just about every sports, but don't try to use that as a magic wand to wave it away as if they're all created equal.
Spare you from what? It's the cold, simple truth. Would you be as complaintive if it was the Lions' coach that said it?

There were calls missed all game on both teams, I'm not just gonna focus on one team as if the other was innocent. I got pissed when I saw a pic of one of the Cowboys deliberately stepping on the back of the leg of a Lion's player. Between that kind of bullshit and deliberately faking a injury/flopping to delay the game that I've been noticing makes me want to bitch smack people. Tired of seeing that crap in the NBA, don't need it in football.

I will continue to call it salt as long as people keep participating in retarded tinfoil conspiracy asshattery.
Old 2015-01-08, 00:07   Link #9304
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Apparently you needed to remind me what I said
You mentioned 1, I mentioned 3, I do believe that if my math is correct, 1 does not equal 3.

Quote:
Ref said it was a judgement call, he told Dez to get off the field, Dez complied, thus no flag.
Yea, judgement call, the same magic wand they used to erase the DPI. OF course, when you start with a judgement call to erase a DPI, then a judgement call to NOT call an unsportsmanlike conduct to kill one team's drive, immediately followed by successive judgement calls to prolong the other team's eventual winning drive, then it becomes something people are going to get pissed off about.

Quote:
But, still doesn't change the fact that for some odd reason, the Lion's opted to punt instead of trying to convert...
Still doesn't change the fact that there should've never been a 4th down to begin with.

Quote:
Spare you from what? It's the cold, simple truth. Would you be as complaintive if it was the Lions' coach that said it?
I would very much consider them both bullshit, because that's what they are.

Quote:
There were calls missed all game on both teams, I'm not just gonna focus on one team as if the other was innocent.
Indeed there was, but don't try to pretend that they all have the same level of repercussions. Just like missed calls in baseball, sometimes umpires hand out a free base to a batter that wasn't actually hit by the ball, and sometimes they miss one that actually did get hit by a ball, but don't try to claim that they all equal out in the end - just ask the 2009 Tigers, where a missed call on a hit batter literally took the post-season birth away from them.

In all the penalties that were called/missed in this game, only one of them has ever happened in the history of the NFL, you want to guess which one?

Quote:
I will continue to call it salt as long as people keep participating in retarded tinfoil conspiracy asshattery.
And I'll continue to call BS as long as people continue to hide behind their reality-distortion field, pretending all missed calls are all the same.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 08:31   Link #9305
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
You mentioned 1, I mentioned 3, I do believe that if my math is correct, 1 does not equal 3.
Your math would be wrong then, as I did list three. If you weren't in such a hurry to shove your frustration upon me, you would have seen it.

-The DPI
-Hitchen's holding Pettigrew's jersey before the DPI call
-Pettigrew's hands to Hitchen's facemask

When I said everyone was focusing on one incident, it was the DPI call. That was virtually the only thing everyone was talking about Sunday and most of Monday.

The NFL admits they missed the holding call made by Dallas on Suh on the 4th and 6, they also admitted that the play before hand they missed a holding call made by Detroit on Witten. They also admitted to 6 other missed calls that would have been in Dallas' favor. I'm sure Detroit has a similar report as well.

Yeah, the repercussions of errors grow worse as the game draws nearer to the end, but you cannot overlook what happened during the rest of the game and how it would have impacted. For example, Detroit's 99 yard drive. There was 3 missed holding calls on that drive by Detroit that could have impacted it.

The only reality distortion field being committed is by the people who make it sound so sure that Detroit would have won if they got the DPI call.

We can have all the woulds and what ifs in the world, but the facts are what they are; Detroit was a no show in the end zone after the 1Q, they opened the second half with a interception and in the closing minutes, fumbled the ball, got it back with a fresh set of downs and fumbled again. Dallas moves on to Green Bay and Detroit goes home. Though I'm almost certain Dallas will be going home too, despite what "experts" say.

The Jerry Jones paying off the refs claims are just hilarious. But, if it wasn't Dallas, it would be Pittsburgh. I think they're the only other team that gets shitted on by supposedly having the refs in their pockets.

I get the frustration, seven straight losses in the playoffs would drive anyone mad. Though not as mad if you were a Bills fan in the late 80s-early 90s.

Quote:
In all the penalties that were called/missed in this game, only one of them has ever happened in the history of the NFL, you want to guess which one?
If they go about making a rule for this, Pettigrew would join about three other players.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2015-01-08 at 08:43.
Old 2015-01-11, 18:02   Link #9306
GDB

Well, the Ravens lost, but at least the Packers are still in it. If my AFC team cannot do it, then my NFC team will have to!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 19:52   Link #9307
sky black swordman

So, AFC and NFC Championship Games are set.

Indianapolis @ New England and Green Bay @ Seattle.
Old 2015-01-11, 19:54   Link #9308
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Most games were close. Most games went as expected.

Except for that last one. Damn, Indy came to play. Utterly clinical shutdown of Denver.

Green Bay's comeback against Dallas was the contest we wanted.
Old 2015-01-11, 19:56   Link #9309
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I hate being right I thought Dez's catch would have been ruled a fumble and recovery *shrug* Oh well, with all who's left...I'll take any of the remaining teams not The Patriots Though I'm surprised the Colts won.
Old 2015-01-11, 20:12   Link #9310
sky black swordman

Lot of questions in store for the Broncos now that they have been eliminated. The biggest one is will Manning retire?
Old 2015-01-11, 20:15   Link #9311
GDB

Quote:
I'll take any of the remaining teams not The Patriots
Very good choice. I don't want the Seahawks to win because their fans are super obnoxious as it is with only one ring, so I can only imagine how bad they'd be with two, but I'd rather suffer through them for decades than have Brady and Belicheat win another SB.

Preferably, they won't even get there. C'mon Colts, you have all of Baltimore rooting for you for a week. Don't disappoint.
Old 2015-01-11, 20:26   Link #9312
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Seeing the Colts pull off these wins, I'm curious to where this team was at when they faced Dallas towards the end of the season
Old 2015-01-11, 23:21   Link #9313
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Seeing the Colts pull off these wins, I'm curious to where this team was at when they faced Dallas towards the end of the season
Deluding themselves that Trent Richardson was actually capable. Ever since they finally bit the bullet on that one, they suddenly have a run game. Their corners, especially Vontae Davis, have really stepped up their game.

Part of it was also Manning. He's been injured in some form for weeks now. He was a shell if homself today. Whereas while Rodgers was sub-par in the other game today, he was able to step it up in the 2nd half.
Old 2015-01-12, 15:04   Link #9314
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Rex Ryan has just been hired as the new head coach of the Buffalo Bills.
Old 2015-01-12, 21:29   Link #9315
VTHokiePride

John Fox and Denver part ways. Anyone watching this Ohio State and Oregon game. I want Ohio State to win, but Mariota deserves it. He's 36-4 career record while at Oregon.
Old 2015-01-12, 21:51   Link #9316
GDB

I don't see Manning not retiring. He likes consistency, and blowing up a franchise isn't consistent for anyone but the Browns.
Old 2015-01-12, 22:41   Link #9317
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
John Fox and Denver part ways.
Hmm, so he did get fired. I wonder who the new Head Coach will be?
Quote:
Anyone watching this Ohio State and Oregon game. I want Ohio State to win, but Mariota deserves it. He's 36-4 career record while at Oregon.
Right here. I wasn't expecting to see Oregon losing 21-10 at the half against Ohio State. I don't know who I want to win since I don't like either team.
Old 2015-01-13, 01:01   Link #9318
VTHokiePride

I have a few friends at Ohio State so I rooted for them. If someone told me that Ohio State would beat Oregon 42-20 while losing the turnover battle 4-1 I would have laughed. It was really 4-0 since the Mariota pick was the last pass of the game. Still, I thought it would be high scoring, but Oregon was outmatched for the majority of the game.
Old 2015-01-14, 12:11   Link #9319
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Todd Bowles is the new head coach of the New York Jets. If he can't shape them up, not sure if anyone else can.

Atlanta have now had the two targets they were going after most taken. Not sure what they are thinking.
Old 2015-01-14, 12:40   Link #9320
GDB

They're probably going all in on Quinn.

Tags
american football, sports