AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-06, 15:25   Link #961
The Green One

The kid likely has no idea what happened to her and probably can't explain it adequately. Putting aside how she'd even find the scientists I doubt she'd be willing to admit she was about to slice up a middle school girl with a box cutter before her big brother burst in. Even if the adults would be willing to ignore the assualt/attempted murder I doubt Yandere-chan would be willing to confess on her own.

Yuu might of gone a bit overboard but this girl had already indirectly murdered his sister once. I can understand him not being willing to let this go. He didn't lay a hand on her either. If he had used telekinesis to throw her down the stairs then maybe we'd have a problem but all he did was spook her pretty badly. I'd say she got off rather easy considering what she did and was going to do.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 15:26   Link #962
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
I kinda feel that how Yuu scared the yandere kid to be quite excessive. I mean what if the kid blabbed on them and got the scientists onto them?
if she's in that school then she could become and ability user too if she blab then she will be a guinea pig too
Old 2015-09-06, 15:35   Link #963
MartianMage

@The Green One

Not like she had to admit what she was trying to do. The scientists in this timeline are already aware of special abilities. A kid blabbing about something unexplainable is all they need to get a lead.

And I'm not arguing that she didn't get away easily. Of course she got away easily but Yuu's scare tactics is hardly worth it if it got the scientists on them.

@endarion88

But she doesn't know that so it's not gonna stop her from blabbing on them if someone were to ask her about that incident.

---
They could have scared her without using any powers. Shattering the glasses, sending the cutter flying, and cutting her hair while fading in and out of invisibility is just... begging to get reported or something.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2015-09-06 at 15:50.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 15:58   Link #964
The Green One

^ Not like he had much of a choice. Was he supposed to go,

Yuu: Little girl, could you be a dear and stop trying to kill my little sister? She's already told your boy toy no and it's him who can't take a hint.

Yandere-chan isn't going to stop if he just says please. Nothing stopping her from going after Ayumi later. Is he supposed to just outright kill the girl and get rid of the body? Of course not. The only way to get her to stop short of extreme physical force is to scare her half to death. He can't sic the police on the girl without her attacking Ayumi first to prove intent and by then it would of been too late. It was already traumatizing enough for poor Ayumi, it'd be even worse if the attack was allowing to happen and she got sliced up or possibly killed. That girl was rather unhinged, there's no guarantee she'd stop with just cutting her up a little, not that Yuu would even allow that if he could stop it. I'd say Yuu made the best of a bad situation.
Old 2015-09-06, 16:02   Link #965
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
^ Not like he had much of a choice. Was he supposed to go,

Yuu: Little girl, could you be a dear and stop trying to kill my little sister? She's already told your boy toy no and it's him who can't take a hint.

Yandere-chan isn't going to stop if he just says please. Nothing stopping her from going after Ayumi later. Is he supposed to just outright kill the girl and get rid of the body? Of course not. The only way to get her to stop short of extreme physical force is to scare her half to death. He can't sic the police on the girl without her attacking Ayumi first to prove intent and by then it would of been too late. It was already traumatizing enough for poor Ayumi. I'd say Yuu made the best of a bad situation.
Really? You honestly think that Yuu cannot intimidate a kid without resorting to deadly force and super powers? She immediately backed away in fear when Yuu simply showed himself. The fact that the girl was freaking out when she was caught red handed implies that she's quite easy to intimidate.

I wouldn't have much of an issue with them using super powers to scare her if they did it subtlety. The way they went on about it just screamed super powers and it is in their best interest not to be showing off these powers. Of course the writers can simply sweep this off under the rug by making the girl shut up and be irrelevant the whole show from now but if this event ends up biting them in the ass later... I can only face palm at their scare tactics for a little kid.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2015-09-06 at 16:12.
Old 2015-09-06, 16:11   Link #966
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Eps 8, 9 & 10

Finally caught up with this series...hmm.

Time travel as a story element is not really my cup of tea, though there are rare exceptions where it does work for me. Thus far I guess it is okay? I only hope they do not abuse it as a convenient panacea.

The past few eps have been pretty good individually, but up to know the series as a whole still feels flawed, like they tried to do too many things at once - especially in the earlier eps. Part of this may simply be because the humor just does not click with me, which may be a case of my not being an ideal viewer or example of one of the targeted audience spectrum. For some people the humor works well. In my case I find I enjoy the series a bit more when it is slower paced and a bit more serious. Ah well.

Even so, will wait until the series is over and see what kind of an effect it has as a "whole creation". Perhaps it will help put things in better perspective and/or have a strong ending that will over-weigh what are drawbacks and defects for me...like last season's Plastic Memories overall image was for me. (Please do not kareen off into a wild tangent on the latter series btw, I am only giving it as an example of a series that I felt was flawed but had a strong end and that overal, as a whole, was pretty good - just not what I wish it was or even felt it could have been, which in a very general way is what the dim outlines of Charlotte seems to be shaping up to be for me.)

By the way, I am really, really enjoying the ED of the past few eps...musically I find it quite pleasing, and the visuals compliment it pretty nicely.
Old 2015-09-06, 16:22   Link #967
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Really? You honestly think that Yuu cannot intimidate a kid without resorting to deadly force and super powers? She immediately backed away in fear when Yuu simply showed himself. The fact that the girl was freaking out when she was caught red handed implies that she's quite easy to intimidate.

I wouldn't have much of an issue with them using super powers to scare her if they did it subtlety. The way they went on about it just screamed super powers and it is in their best interest not to be showing off these powers. Of course the writers can simply sweep this off under the rug by making the girl shut up and be irrelevant the whole show from now but if this event ends up biting them in the ass later... I can only face palm at their scare tactics for a little kid.
It wouldn't be hard to stop this attempt on Ayumi, but you still haven't explained how to stop her from finishing the job the next time she can get Ayumi alone. If she doesn't have strong consequences to fear, what's to keep her from going after Ayumi again? The girl is mentally irrational, she isn't functioning on a logical level. Until you explain this your argument doesn't hold water.
Old 2015-09-06, 16:30   Link #968
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It will be difficult to get Sara to help Nao's brother this time around since they are not kindred suffering souls anymore though.
Not to mention that it was really big chance encounter that only happened due where he was at that time. So there one downside to all this. I wonder if Yuu will reflect on that...
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 16:32   Link #969
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
It wouldn't be hard to stop this attempt on Ayumi, but you still haven't explained how to stop her from finishing the job the next time she can get Ayumi alone. If she doesn't have strong consequences to fear, what's to keep her from going after Ayumi again? The girl is mentally irrational, she isn't functioning on a logical level. Until you explain this your argument doesn't hold water.
What's the difference between threatening to hurt her with super powers and threatening to hurt her without super powers? You think the girl would end up thinking Yuu cannot possibly hurt her without some magic?
Old 2015-09-06, 16:40   Link #970
The Green One

Unless I've misunderstood you, which is entirely possible, you were expressing that you didn't think it was necessary to strongly threaten the Yandere girl to make her stop trying to harm Ayumi. If this was the case, I was asking what the alternative solution would of been to get rid of her and stop her from making a second attempt on Ayumi at a later date.
Old 2015-09-06, 16:44   Link #971
MartianMage

Simply intimidate her that he will not hesitate to be violent with her the next time she tries this again without blatantly showing off super powers. That would have been enough. As what I'm saying... all this scare tactic is not worth it if this event gets the scientists onto them.
Old 2015-09-06, 17:12   Link #972
The Green One

I suppose it comes down to speculating if "X is enough to stop the girl," and whether or not using the superpowers in front of a single witness who may or may not understand what happened is enough to alert the scientists. Hopefully normal intimidation would be enough, and it might of been. We'll just have to see if the risk of using the super powers was worth it or not and if it did actually alert anyone important or not.
Old 2015-09-06, 17:50   Link #973
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
just reporting that the single "trigger" is "out" (if you get what i mean)
I ordered both singles from both bands/artist, "Trigger" and "Rakuen Made / Hatsunetsu Days." They are getting shipped soon, so I should have them in the next two weeks or so. I'm not going to download them. I'll post pics of the actual CDs.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 18:31   Link #974
Marina2

So, since Yandere-chan is still in the same classroom as Ayumi. How will these two act toward each other after this?

Ayumi probably not have happy time in classroom considering there is someone who tried to kill/hurt her in the same room.
Old 2015-09-06, 18:39   Link #975
Ghostfriendly

It wouldn't be bad if Nao's brother doesn't get better in this timeline, and Nao's relationship with Lelouch doesn't develop the same way. That would show you can't gain one thing without sacrificing others.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 20:11   Link #976
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Since Yuu changed the future with his time travel, then does that mean that his brother in this new time retains his powers?

...What I see with time travel is that the future they were in was not changed but rather a new parallel future is created.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 21:05   Link #977
HandofFate

Pooh such a bro.
For someone that doesn't really have much to do with anything, they sure focused on the hypnosis girl a lot.
Especially with the first round when Ayumi did die. Is this what you call a red herring trying to make the viewer think she was an important character in all this?
Old 2015-09-06, 21:14   Link #978
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

iirc, Yuu only keeps his past memories. But I guess that can also be a loophole of sorts since it's possible for Yuu to keep coming back without losing his eyesight(?).
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 21:23   Link #979
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
So, since Yandere-chan is still in the same classroom as Ayumi. How will these two act toward each other after this?

Ayumi probably not have happy time in classroom considering there is someone who tried to kill/hurt her in the same room.
Back in the early '80s, my kindergarten-aged oldest sister was bullied by a group of 8th grade boys on the ride home from school every day. Whenever she finally told my dad, he immediately grabbed the phone book, called one of the boys at his house, and told him that he would jump on the school bus and beat their asses unless they left her alone; after that they never bothered her again. I think it will be the same story here. Ayumi will be nervous at first, but she'll realize quickly enough that Yu scared yandere-chan straight.
Old 2015-09-06, 21:40   Link #980
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
iirc, Yuu only keeps his past memories. But I guess that can also be a loophole of sorts since it's possible for Yuu to keep coming back without losing his eyesight(?).
I believe Yuu also inherits the rebound of the powers when he steals them as well, so he would go blind as well if he keeps it up. From the episode of the escape when he took the moving thru walls power and commented on how much draining it was to go thru a wall.

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers