011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Your stomach contents rushed forth... 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-29, 21:23   Link #81
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It did sorta seem like Kishi was going for a 'male companionship' thing post revelation of Jiraiya's death.
Kishi has been going for the "male companionship" thing ever since episode -1...

I mean I've never laid in my bed and ever dreamed and obsess over another boy...It's somewhat troubling but I think we're all used to it by now...It's sorta like breathing at this point for this show...I like parts of ep 153, but ep 152 I thought was more menacing because of Sasghey's awesome chat with Papa Sharingan...

On 153 didn't Naruto have a flashback about him having a flashback?? Yeah I was like sheeesh...Revealing the rawesome Pain clone was the best part of the ep along with it's uber cool froggy casket (Wouldn't that make a great bottle design?)...

I'm ready to move on now though...Watching Naruto sulk is like the sun rising...The $hit happens every day...Don't know exactly what's to come, but from you guys hinting I'm hoping it's an epic peice of epicness...
Old 2010-03-29, 23:02   Link #82
king12354

It's about time, what 350 episodes later? that Naruto grows up.

I haven't read the manga but the code can only be one thing imo. I'm guessing the key starts with a b.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 05:23   Link #83
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
In the very first Naruto movie, we see actors filming a movie. Naruto also has movie theaters. Now the movies are non-canon, but I always found that funny.

I find it interesting how little Sakura can relate to Naruto. She didn't even talk to him. Naruto is always looking for a father/big brother figure and best friend(due to Sasuke bailing). So I guess she really can't fill those roles like Iruka and Shikamaru. But at least she could have tried.

The Raikage is ugly. You are talking about 152 which was crap. But 153 was beautiful. Best animation in a very long time.

It seems like you didn't watch 153 which everyone seems to love.
Prettiest episode since Shika emo episode.. and Shika emo episode is a filler episode.. we dont get that much scene for it, but they dedicated a whole episode for it.
Best animation .. not quite sure.. I still rate Sakura/Chiyo vs Sasori as one of the most fluid animation ever for a Naruto episode.

WD, I'm not supposed to spoil, but you should be able to figure out who fights who soon enough by now with standard shounen logic.. and this arc have some big fights. You just had to connect the dots
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 07:51   Link #84
Catdog

Knew it was going to turn into 2 eps of Naruto sulking but was prepared for it since it was part of the plot.

Curious to see how the next 5-10 episodes will be animated as well but I'm sure we'll take a 20-25 episode break right before it happens.
Catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 09:25   Link #85
Fran~
floating away...

i took my time to see this ep, because i still can believe that Kishi killed Jiraiya!!!

but... i really want to say the magic words that Itachi says to Naruto: "to share"... now we can say that Itachi is sharing a jutsu, so it can be anything.

BTW, for manga readers, i think that these episodes are good to understand a lot of things in Naruto's head at this time in the manga.... Itachi's words i mean.
Old 2010-03-30, 16:53   Link #86
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@ KiNA - I don’t know if my shonen newtype flash will be going off anytime soon though…I mean I’m sure we can get a left hook right to the face and have Sasghey vs. Naruto, but there’s no way Naruto is gonna have a believable chance right now, so I’m sure they’ll give him atleast 2, 3 more opponents to up his stats first…I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something as abstract as Shikimaru vs. Kisame or something like that right now…I mean it’s apparent that Naruto vs. Pain is the 5 star match-up, but again he’s gonna have to dead another couple of Akatsuki members before I can believe it…I also feel like it’s impossible for them to just deal with Akatsuki on a tournament style level…Kishi is bound to have 2 or 3 fights going on simultaneously with Naruto v. Pain…

I’m praying for Kakashi to actually REALLY kick some a$$ for once, but again I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Papa Sharingan (Tobi) vs. Kakashi. (That fight would be a pure blowjay!) I’m also certainly not forgetting Killerbee’s bro, but I have a feeling he’ll get dealt with by a surprise “New Challenger” after he kicks a little a$$....LOL, am I hot-cold? I like the fact that everything is up in the air right now (Atleast for me)…I just want like 2 or 3 months worth of non-stop IMPORTANT episodes (Obviously with uber fights)…That would nice…
Old 2010-03-30, 23:29   Link #87
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I still rate Sakura/Chiyo vs Sasori as one of the most fluid animation ever for a Naruto episode.
Was that episode 26 or 27? If I remember there was one episode that was worth the 20 mins of life spent on Naruto from that arc. I still wouldn't rate that episode so highly other than admitting to it that it had some complex movements with multitude layer of distinct figures, i.e. the synchronicity of the puppets with individual movements as they waged an attack. I guess the episode still stood heads above the crap that was materializing in the form of Shippuden at the time. Most of the best animated episodes in Shippuuden happened just recently prior to this filler arc, and the most complex impression of overall animation work still is the Sasuke vs. Naruto fight in episode 133 of the pre-Shippuuden era. What was even more impressive was the fact the episode was incomplete when it aired and not to mention, was done by one dude.

Episode 153 enjoyed some good character design and good background imagery. It is still far far away from the best Naruto has produced as far as overall animation is concerned.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 23:42   Link #88
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

WD .. you get one match dead on *(which one tho, is spoiler territory)

monir, yes, those episodes.. DeDe said that 153 contains the best animation so far, which I dont agree.. It is, as you've said, have some good character design and good background imagery tho.

And if you want to include preShippuden era, there's a lot of fluent animation episode, Gaara vs Lee, Sasuke vs Oro in the forest, Lee/Gaara vs Kimimaru, Naruto vs Sasuke ( who can forget those torpedo faced Naruto and Sasukejiji face )... Team Gai vs clone .. Ok Ok.. I kid on the last one
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-03-30, 23:51   Link #89
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Team Gai vs clone .. Ok Ok.. I kid on the last one
You better be kidding about this. I went on hiatus from the Naruto forum itself and from the anime after that for a good while. How shameless they had to be to air something like those episodes after that gorgeous animation effort in that Sasori vs. Sakura-Chiyo? The memory still evokes the bitterness. Well... except one screenshot... I think I still have it.... that is if I can find it.......

Agreed about the other mentions from the pre-Shippuden era...

edit: found it....

Old 2010-03-31, 00:05   Link #90
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Haha, I know how you've felt.. reading the manga, I've earmarked those fights for some good filler fight, knowing that they can deliver some quality fight like Lee vs Kimi filler fight..

=____=

I now demand they staged a filler fight for, say, Konohamaru vs Pein!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-03-31, 05:42   Link #91
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Episode 153 enjoyed some good character design and good background imagery. It is still far far away from the best Naruto has produced as far as overall animation is concerned.
Of course it can't compete with the high budget special episodes. But for a standard talking episode, it was pretty much as good as it can get. The big Shippuuden animators were there and the episode had solid art and animation throughout.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 06:58   Link #92
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Damn, I cried. I already knew what would happen for the manga, so I didn't think I would cry for the anime. But I did.

Oddly enough, it wasn't really anyone's reaction to the news, nor even Tsunade's pain. No, what finally made me tear up was Naruto turning down Iruka's offer of Ichiraku ramen. Lame, eh?

JIRAIYA-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I miss you. You put the "Ero" in "Ero-Sennin".
Old 2010-03-31, 11:19   Link #93
Sbetsho

I recall someone saying that the next episode is also a double, so I'm wondering if there will be an episode this week or not?
Sbetsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 11:29   Link #94
neshru

there is no episode tomorrow.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 15:58   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn finally got around to watching and this was a pretty emotional one. Thought I got past the Jiraiya being dead news since it's been some time since we saw it happen. But all the flashbacks just hit you again. A really sad loss. Not that they did a poor job, but think bringing back in "Sadness and Sorrow" would have been a good call. Now that's a song that fit this kind of situation. Still hard to believe he's dead.

Can't put down Naruto being completely depressed over this. Never knew his parents so this really is the closest to losing a parent he's ever gone through. I'm surprised he didn't just grab his stuff and make a dash after Pain right then and there. Of course he probably doesn't know where that is, but I guess this news was so shocking that even an angry charge was beyond him.

Makes sense for Shikamaru to do the talking. His loss was recent and he can relate extremely well. Impossible to be fine, but good that Naruto is able to keep going right now. Of course should lead to a huge clash against Sasuke's destroy the village plan. On that note it's amazing how easily Sasuke can be guided. No wonder Itachi had that talk with Naruto. He knew if he couldn't stop Madara then Sasuke would easily be manipulated into attacking Konoha.

Anyways no idea how far in the future it is, but looking forward to Naruto vs. Pain. It's bound to happen and it will be time for some serious pay back.
Old 2010-03-31, 17:17   Link #96
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
there is no episode tomorrow.
WTF?
Old 2010-03-31, 17:24   Link #97
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
WTF?
Well with back to back specials was to be expected. At least they told us in the preview. Damn now that we're back from the fillers really eager to see the next episode.
Old 2010-03-31, 17:35   Link #98
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Japan sucks when it comes to capitalizing on hype...

I've almost come to dread 1hr specials as they've been routinely poor throughout Shippudden's run...But I'm probably more pi$$ed they're breaking MY WEEKLY ROUTINE...Now I have to find a replacement show...Seikon no Qwaser you're up!!
Old 2010-04-01, 02:08   Link #99
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Isn't that the show about breast milk? And here I thought you were manly.....
Old 2010-04-01, 02:13   Link #100
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Isn't that the show about breast milk? And here I thought you were manly.....
Breast milk made me the human I am today...I wouldn't be where I am without a good dose of breast milk...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion