AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2004-10-03, 13:04   Link #81
144M_HYPERION
Miracle Yang !!

Opening is done by Minami Kuribayashi
Music composer = Yuki Kajiura

Minami Kuribayashi + Yuki Kajiura = MUST WATCH !!!

Anyways ... I think the series has a good start. I still think the "black-sword" is abit out of proportion ...
144M_HYPERION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 13:08   Link #82
Blaat

Heh, its okay, hopefully the plot will be interesting instead of all flash and fanservice. The VA are a mixed bag for me, some I like, some I don't.

Oh well I must say the number of characters seen in the final shot of the opening theme scares me.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 13:10   Link #83
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Makoto is in Middle School (hence the different uniform).
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 13:48   Link #84
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I love the black sword... but then I always love swords and prefer swords over mecha

this is definitely a "moe moe" show, not only Mai's personality is so "moe", her ability is also so "moe"... and I guess her body proportion is also quite "moe"

It reminds me of a combination of Gatekeepers and Scryed so far...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 15:43   Link #85
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Well, I think they did a good job of catching my attention and interest with episode 1. It was a little odd seeing a little girl with a huge sword which she can barely carry and a older girl wielding tiny pistols, at first. I was expecting it to be the other way around. It's not only episode 1 that caught my attention from the start but the nice cast of seiyus doing the character and OMG! it's Yuki Kaijura doing the music! I love her songs!
Old 2004-10-03, 15:44   Link #86
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

First ep was decent. And the sword thing was awesome. The only thing I hate is the little sister, that just ruined the whole damn episode. :P
Old 2004-10-03, 16:18   Link #87
Reticia

this anime rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed the first episode.
Old 2004-10-03, 16:43   Link #88
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Ok, I finally got around to watching episode one. All I can say is wow...
I'll definatly be watching this, and thank god it's over 13 episodes!
It gets Chibis seal of approval.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 17:38   Link #89
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

I watched ep 1, and I must say that I really think it has a lot of potential I am looking forward to ep 2.
deathsvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 17:44   Link #90
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Well, since Kajiura is doing the music, I'm more or less stuck...

But still, after the first episode: Looks a bit like a girl-super-power show with your usual slice of fanservice to me O_o. But then, I'm usually hoping that Kajiura reads the script before she does her music, so I'll pray that her pick was a correct one.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 17:47   Link #91
foxdie

I think this rocked too. This will be a fine followup for FMA for me!!!
The quality of the sub was ok for me, prevert bother me bit but who cares when the action is this good. These girls kick ass.
Oh, and I agree, Beet sucked ass compared to this one
Bring on the rest of this series!!!!
foxdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 21:01   Link #92
TrueKnight

Sweet loving good god. I havent seen anime this decent for quite a while now. A combination of sci-fi, fantasy, action, and wtf.....echiness plus girls!!! All of them are packed into one.

Really reminded me of Scryed, I'll watch it for Mai's sake. Even better presentation than BakuTen imo. The leechers fandoms gonna be big for this series.

However....there's a good chance that this series gonna be licensed sooner than expected.... Almost all good animes have this syndromes.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 21:22   Link #93
Thelastguardian

It's a good run for the first ep of a show. But nothing that blows me out of the water and into the world.

The animation is good, not amazing but good enough to stand on its own.
The music is also quite plesent, I don't remember the hume of the songs after I finish the show however. Usually I remember the whole melody after I hear a song (especially good ones) once.
This eps shown too little about different characters to come to a conclusion.

Overall the show could be mod into anything from a classic prince saving the prince to matrix like world bend on destruction. It is rather too open ended (not that its bad of course) for the first eps.

(Is it just me or does the school uniform resemble Stellvia of the Universe foundation uniform? )

Prehaps I am just getting old (thus picky).
Old 2004-10-03, 21:30   Link #94
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
(Is it just me or does the school uniform resemble Stellvia of the Universe foundation uniform? )
lol I agree, guess i'm not the only one who thought "Shipon!" when Mai first shown wearing the uniform
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 22:11   Link #95
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
Yah, the first ep of this show was really great! I was hoping it would live up to all the hype, and I really think it did so. The voice acting was really good too, in my opinion.. also, I really liked the opening song! It was kinda generic, but I liked it =P
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 22:25   Link #96
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I read through this thread, and decided to give this anime a shot. No regrets. I saw Static Sub's version, and there doesn't seem to any problems or annoyances with the video or audio. I very thoroughly the 1st episode just like everyone else. It seems like this will be quite a popular series, and thread might need a forum of its own. Anyways, I'm with TronDD with this one, I'm not too fond of the mechanical dog either (it's because I just don't like mecha, or anything mecha related). As usual, the music (as usual) are just "meh" to me because it isn't my style. And what the heck? And older girl calls someone unrelated and younger than her "Oniichan" ? Although she does act childish. Bizarre. Well, episode 02 awaits.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 22:35   Link #97
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
And older girl calls someone unrelated and younger than her "Oniichan" ?
Actually, she's a 2nd year in middle school I believe (one year older than Mai's brother) and Yuuichi is a 1st year in high school, like Mai.
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 00:15   Link #98
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Shiho's fondness of Yuuichi is fairly strong and calling him "Onii-chan" is a signal that she considers him more than just an aquaintance and a bit more than a friend (despite the fact he doesn't really acknowledge it). She probably likes him more than that, but the whole "Onii-chan" bit is probably her way of getting closer to him.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 04:33   Link #99
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Not too shabby for the first episode. I'll watch a couple more to see where this series is going and because there is absolutely jack shit to watch right now for anime (excluding all the new series premering this month.)
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 04:53   Link #100
wao
OK.

Oooh, I can't stand Shiho. Really. Actually, I'm not particularly fond of any of the characters so far, though Mai is damn cute and her yougner brother seems like a good person. This anime could easily turn into one with a cookie-cutter plot (it has a number of generic elements) but at least it's the type I like - I admit to absolutely loving Gatekeepers as it was the first super-power sorta anime I've ever watched and since then I have a closet love for that kind of genre, even if it's really stupid. X)

And I don't know how Shining-Fansubs missed out the moe-moe pun... well, it seems like they didn't put that into the preview thing...

Also, judging from the OP like I said earlier, it seems the guys don't have much part in this anime but again it seems like that Homura Nagi dude (the person who appeared shortly with the book and fell off the roof, white haired, middle class, voiced by Akira Ishida) might be more important, he appears in the OP doing something more than the other guys... which is surprising, as he's in the middle class...

I'm kind of obsessed with the uniforms. I'd like to know why Suzushiro Haruka wears a green vest, why Fujino Shizuru wears a cream one, Kanzaki Reito wears a totally different uniform from the other guys (see Tate Yuuichi). My current guess is that they're in the school council or something. (I keep thinking Utena... gee... what if this turns out to have an Utena-style battling thing going on.... nah... o_o;;; )

And the middle school students' uniform is... vastly... modifiable... and also, look, it's a loli character who really is 9 years old to... do something with! I dunno.

It also seems like the board chairman of the school, Kazahana Mashiro (Kazahana can also be read as Fuuka.) is... 11 years old. And from the OP it seems that she's disabled (wheelchair-bound) and is looked after by your local maid-san. By the way, she's called Himeno Fumi. Oo. I'm more interested in the fact that Fumi is written with kanji that means "two three". Well, to my knowledge anyway. Now all we need is for her to go around yelling "Ojou-san!!" in... fields of flowers. Never mind.

Also, the dog thing that Natsuki called out, Duran, belongs under a group of such animals, called "Child" (well, however you want to romajify チャイルド)
All juts from the official page...