AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-04-30, 05:11   Link #81
Tenzen12

I think Nezukobis quite fond Zenitsu too so there is that.
Old 2019-04-30, 12:15   Link #82
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Is there any romance?
Don't overlook this one just because of the lack of romance. It doesn't need it. The story is strong enough to subsist without needing to rely on romantic and/or various other types of subplots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
^Zenitsu likes Nezuko, and Tanjirou has some potential lovers, but nothing concrete, and the story doesn't focus on romance in present time. Mostly it's one-sided crushes, nothing mutual so far. Although the Sound Pillar has 3 wifes.
This is as accurate a description as it gets tbh since romance is scarce in this story.

As for Tanjirou's potential lovers, the most prominent candidates are Kanao and Aoi. Well, to almost everyone reading this manga, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out that the author is most likely leaning towards Kanao as the end girl.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-30, 12:48   Link #83
WingedAccelerator

^Yup, although I like Aoi more.

If Genya somehow ends up assissting Kanao against Douma, he could score some points with her.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-30, 13:49   Link #84
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Same here. I prefer Aoi over Kanao as well, but I can already see that the author wants go the Kanao route. That's why I'm not bothering to get my hopes up.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-06-11, 03:11   Link #85
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Shinobu supposedly knows how to defeat Douma, so maybe getting absorbed is also a part of that? Like she is one big living poison bag, and now Douma just going to get weakened because of her?...
Looks like this was indeed Shinobu's plan.
Old 2019-06-11, 06:15   Link #86
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Kochou never die.... she won't die without spreading her strongest poison

let's go Kanao.. kill the #2!!!
let's not forget that Kanao supposed to be the strongest freshman in Tanjirou's generation
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-11, 06:37   Link #87
NeutralZero

This is why ou should be careful at what you eat and cook your food first... poor guy... serves him right
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-23, 23:43   Link #88
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Douma's death felt really cheap... Like wtf man! It happened so easily and there was so much BS involved that my brain kinda refuses to accept what just transpired. That rings especially true when I compare this fight and its aftermath to Tanjiro's/Giyuu's fight with Akaza.

This is easily the worst of the upper moon fights I've seen thus far. I'm kinda pissed off with how things played out. I feel like the stuff involving Inosuke's mother was shoehorned in for added effect/gave him a reason to be there and the Kanao finishing what Shinobu and Kanae started bit felt a little forced as well. By all means, as much as I love Inosuke, he and Kanao had no business winning that fight tbh. Realistically, one of them should've died there. Idec that Shinobu took the L to setup this entire scenario, it still reeks of BS if I'm being honest here...

Definitely the most disappointing of the upper moon fights and a waste of upper moon 2 at that. It's funny that all of the upper moons below him and even some of the lower moons, had much more memorable fights and even their dying moments were better than his. Granted, while I am complaining about his final moments here, I do have to admit that his finals moments and conversation with Shinobu were in-character for him. I just think that it could've been handled better.

Rant over. I just needed to get that one off my chest. It's really the only thing I've seriously complained about during this manga's entire serialization thus far. I was slightly irked by Nezuko conquering the sun, but I largely overlooked and soon accepted it. It didn't set me off like this fight and its aftermath did.
Old 2019-06-24, 02:03   Link #89
WingedAccelerator

Definitely a mixed bag of a fight.

To take down Douma, they needed Shinobu's sacrifce + Tamayo perfecting the poison + Kanao's super sight, losing one eye? + Inosuke's sense of touch, but mostly the assumption that Douma would eat Shinobu. Usually sacrificial attempts like this fail, but Gotouge delivered here, and Upper Moon 2 just died like that. He got counter-teamed hard. It was more apparent than Uzui resisting Gyuutarou's poison. And this makes the whole thing anticlimactic, especially with Douma getting the "too powerful, so he is playing with them" personality, just to stall time for the poison to kick in.

The latest chapter at least eased some of my annoyance, but yes, the fight had issues. Hopefully, Kokushibou delivers. But I have a feeling that we are going to get the biwa girl, Nakime next, or Gyokko/new Upper Moon 5.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2019-06-24 at 15:20.
Old 2019-06-24, 10:05   Link #90
~Yami~

this chapter is beautiful...
in the end, Shinobu denied her ship in underworld

isn't it great that they showed Inosuke and Kanao as a young teenager instead of stone-cold warrior? when they broke down after realizing their victory, I think this is a great emotional chapter

luckily Kanao still kept her eyes... although losing one eye might not be that bad
When she inherited the hairpin, it is so sad and touching

I'm surprised that Shinobu actually contacted Tamayo to work together
this is another 4-5 people work together to beat a strong opponent.. well deserved
Old 2019-09-30, 20:57   Link #91
Shadow5YA

With the death of the the Upper Twelve Kizuki One, Michikatsu, I believe we now have a good idea of Tanjirou's history with Yoriichi and Sun Breathing.

Some important things to note:
1.) In Michikatsu's flashback this chapter, and in the flashback where Yoriichi was in his eighties, he was not wearing his trademark hanafuda earrings. While it's always possible Koyoharu forgot to draw them, I don't think that's the case since Yoriichi had them when he was a kid.
2.) In chapter 99, we see Tanjirou dreaming of his ancestor, Sumiyoshi, taking care of Yoriichi by giving him food and lodging in return for "saving" them, presumably from demons. Sumiyoshi offers to pass down Yoriichi's teachings, but Yoriichi refuses, self-depreciating his own worth for his failures.
3.) The Yoriichi in Michikatsu's latest flashback was optimistic whenever the subject of successors was brought up. Why?
4.) The Kamado family has been passing down the Hinokami Kagura along with its various breathing techniques for generations.

From these facts, we can probably conclude that:
I) Hinokami Kagura was an offshoot of Sun Breathing, and that Yoriichi probably taught them how to do it eventually.
II) When Yoriichi finally acknowledged the Kamado's family's efforts, he decided to pass down the hanafuda earrings as well.
III) The reason why Yoriichi was optimistic whenever Michikatsu brought up successors, it was he had already passed down his teachings to the Kamado family, who developed it for their own purposes.

So their history probably went like this: Yoriichi, who was wandering around dejected, probably either from losing his loved ones to demons, or from failing to kill Muzan, comes across Kamado Sumiyoshi and saves his family from demons.
Yoriichi, who was probably wandering with limited food and had no place to stay, decided to (eventually) accept Sumiyoshi's hospitality. Sumiyoshi offered to pass down anything Yoriichi had to the next generation as a way to preserve his legacy as thanks, but he refuses at first, saying he was a failure not worth the effort anyway.
However, I doubt Sumiyoshi took "no" for an answer - he respected Yoriichi too much for that, and probably didn't want to accept him saying that he had no worth.
This probably prompted Sumiyoshi to follow Yoriichi along, and observe him closely enough to try emulating his moves. This led to the beginning of the Hinokami Kagura - the Fire God's Dance, which Sumiyoshi probably created as a way to worship the "Sun", Tsugikuni Yoriichi, or to show appreciation for saving their lives.
When Yoriichi saw Sumiyoshi dance, he probably grew to admire and respect them for trying to copy his Sun Breathing moves into their own dance. That won him over, to where he offered his own input, turning the Hinokami Kagura from a regular imitation to a true Breathing Technique, and then offering his Hanafuda earrings in the end.
Thus, the Kamado lineage began to pass down the Hinokami Kagura, as a way to express their gratitude for Yoriichi who had saved their family's lives.

In this way, Yoriichi probably technicially did not have a true successor to his Sun Breathing, but he was still satisfied because he had met someone who created a new version of it and made it their own. He was probably proud that he had inspired someone to take his art and create something new from it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-02, 18:45   Link #92
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I started reading this manga. It sure feels like a fresh touch after I was disappointed by the story and leads of My Hero Academia and Black Clover. It's also weird to see such dark storylines in Shonen Jump too.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-05, 03:40   Link #93
zztop

Source manga volumes are selling out rapidly in Japanese bookstores ever since the anime.
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status...94005567291392
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-05, 06:44   Link #94
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Images
sales
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anime boost is huge.
Old 2019-10-05, 11:33   Link #95
~Yami~

after all... anime just ended their adaptation right before all the best arcs from this series

enjoying Train arc --> Red District arc --> sword-maker village arc --> final arc should be a fun ride
Old 2019-10-08, 05:54   Link #96
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/an...ng-their-heads

I feel want to cry, this manga really so underrated back then. Now people talk Kny in all over place.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-08, 15:07   Link #97
Wandering Soul

There must be plenty of manga writers that dream that adaptions of their work are as successful as the KNY anime was.
Old 2019-10-09, 09:09   Link #98
Sixth
Hu Tao

Kimetsu no Yaiba is so popular that the raw chapter came out first in this week.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 09:37   Link #99
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
There must be plenty of manga writers that dream that adaptions of their work are as successful as the KNY anime was.
Thx to ufotable...if not them..maybe the book will sell decently
But yeah ufotable pick the right project

And after the movie i hope we can get another cour series...cuz the next arc also awesome

Btw zenitsu really solo the upermoon himself right( his senpai)?
our zip boy is so fucking badass
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 09:46   Link #100
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Thx to ufotable...if not them..maybe the book will sell decently
But yeah ufotable pick the right project

And after the movie i hope we can get another cour series...cuz the next arc also awesome

Btw zenitsu really solo the weaker upermoon himself right( his senpai)?
our zip boy is so fucking badass
Yes, technically he did solo an upper moon without sleeping.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, demons, shounen, taisho era, tragedy