AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 13 [TV End] Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 24.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 22.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-30, 12:00   Link #81
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
All what Kirino is now ... is Minami's fault....
Manami created a monster

Advice to Manami: Don't troll people or else...............

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-06-30 at 14:14.
Old 2013-06-30, 13:03   Link #82
VORTIA

That's the impression I got as well. Congratulations, Manami! You overreacted so hard you cancelled the Westermarck Effect!
Old 2013-06-30, 13:40   Link #83
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol all the hates on Manami ofc people need someone to blame. Easy writting is easy.
Imo , Kirino was the one.
Old 2013-06-30, 14:34   Link #84
KronosPlasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
smiling happily while telling a girl that her infatuation is gross is definitely cold, and Manami has shown on a few occasions an ability to be cold and calculating with a sweet smile, using impeccable logic to claim that all other girls should back off and leave Kyousuke in her oh-so-capable hands. There's definitely a darkness in there,
For the most part Manami try to avoid out confrontations.
She never gets load or show anger because of that. She puts on a smile and stays calm to best keep things from getting out of hand. It's only brought up by Kyousuke of what she like when she dose raise her voice. Telling the other girls to leave Kyou in her hands is true she was the best chose for the job cooking,cleaning and so on. It's not really "dark" she did the something all the other girls were doing at the time making a case for them self's. Sure Kirino and the views wont like it but it's true. She would have been the lest likely to interfere with Kyousuke's studying. It would only make the other girls but in more if it was her. Much like they did when sending Hinata over.
Old 2013-06-30, 15:02   Link #85
Tiranas

Ironically, I think that Manami might involuntarily be responsible for planting the idea of an incestuous relationship in Kirino's mind in the first place.
Maybe the period of alienation between the two siblings, for which Manami seems to bear at leat some responsibility, was necessary for them to basically get to know each other anew and for them to possibly consider each other as something "more than siblings", if that is where the anime is actually headed.
That is of course just speculation on my part but I think it would serve Manami right if she actually caused the very thing she tried to prevent.
Old 2013-06-30, 15:27   Link #86
kentasaiba

megane ga doko?
Old 2013-06-30, 16:29   Link #87
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Well well this big reveal of Manami's shady nature and after spoiling myself on exactly how far back her actions to keep Kirino and Kyousuke away from each other since they started to get close again just made things harder for me to want to see Manami's route in the PSP games....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2013-06-30, 16:48   Link #88
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Well, the author has made it just perfect. Looking back to the first season i realize, that Manami has stayed in the shades all the time. I almost have got the wrong idea after Kyousuke had spent the night at Manamis. But this last episode explained everything inclusive Kirino's tsundere development.
Old 2013-06-30, 17:59   Link #89
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Lol all the hates on Manami ofc people need someone to blame. Easy writting is easy.
Imo , Kirino was the one.
I don't really think it's "easy writing", just that this episode only gives us one perspective on what Manami did and why she did it. If people want to see her as an enemy for standing in Kirino's way, they can, but nothing is really so black-and-white, and I don't think the story is entirely pitching things in those terms anyway. Obviously, though, to Kirino it's pretty clean-cut. That's why she's considered Manami something of an "enemy" from the get-go. We needed to see things from her perspective to understand this.
Old 2013-06-30, 18:42   Link #90
Deathscyther

I think that most people who decided to hate Manami after this episode did so mostly because of the 'playful/evil' tone Manami used when she said 'Dame'. It felt like she said 'Dame, na na na na na!', especially because she was smiling when she said it. Even I thought that she sounded quite evil there.

I'd advice everyone to wait with giving their final judgement of Manami though, since we only know what happened from Kirino's POV for now. We need to know Kyousuke's and Manami's sides to the story as well.
Old 2013-06-30, 18:44   Link #91
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
I think that most people who decided to hate Manami after this episode did so mostly because of the 'playful/evil' tone Manami used when she said 'Dame'. It felt like she said 'Dame, na na na na na!', especially because she was smiling when she said it. Even I thought that she sounded quite evil there.

I'd advice everyone to wait with giving their final judgement of Manami though, since we only know what happened from Kirino's POV for now. We need to know Kyousuke's and Manami's sides to the story as well.
True. It's hard for me to see if Manami did in good or ill will. I thought she might've liked Kyousuku the way he was before too, but who knows. Maybe just drag him down to her level.
Old 2013-07-01, 02:28   Link #92
Gohan78
Awakened One

If this episode aimed to redeem Kirino for all of her shitty behaviour, then it failed big time with me.
I hoped that she had at least a solid reason to be such a bitch to her brother. I thought that Kyousuke did something really mean to her when they were younger. Nothing of the sort. Sure, he was a bit mean to her sometimes but that's not nearly enough to justify her later abuse.

Kirino just placed some unreasonable expectations on her brother and when Kyousuke didn't meet her high standards anymore, she unilaterally decided to give him the cold shoulder.
Kyousuke did nothing wrong. It's his life and he is free to live as a lazy bum if he so decides. The poor guy doesn't even know why he is hated. Kirino never explained her reasons and never tried to reconcile. She gave up on him after a single try. And the writer wants me to like such a character? Please...
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2013-07-01, 02:38   Link #93
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Kirino just placed some unreasonable expectations on her brother and when Kyousuke didn't meet her high standards anymore, she unilaterally decided to give him the cold shoulder.
Kyousuke did nothing wrong. It's his life and he is free to live as a lazy bum if he so decides. The poor guy doesn't even know why he is hated. Kirino never explained her reasons and never tried to reconcile. She gave up on him after a single try. And the writer wants me to like such a character? Please...
Why unreasonable expectations? She expected Kyousuke to behave like the brother she knew for 13 years, what's unreasonable about that? It is massively irritating for her, when this guy who she adores is suddenly gone from one day to the other. And as for Kyousuke's turn to a lazy guy, perhaps this will be explained in the OVA's, but anyway, read the LN, it will explain it somewhat better
Spoiler for LN11:
As for he doesn't know why he is hated, if he can't figure it out he is dense as hell (well, he is dense...), or he has no interest in really thinking about this question. Kirino basically explains it to him, but he doesn't even look at her, until she says that he isn't her brother anymore. Again, this is not to defend her behaviour, but it is strange to see not few people say, Kyousuke is a poor guy because he couldn't possibly have known why Kirino hates him. Because to me, this is obvious as hell after the scene in the living room where Kyousuke lies on that couch in pyjamas.
Old 2013-07-01, 03:17   Link #94
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
It's his life and he is free to live as a lazy bum if he so decides.
well said. fine indeed. do you agree that nobody has the right to dictate one's own life? to force one's expectations is a... bitch? see you after the 3 ovas then.
Old 2013-07-01, 05:27   Link #95
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
First, the author doesn't want you to like such character. As you've said, you decide it for yourself. Second, when a talented person has given up on everything after one stupid mistake and you've really admired that person, wouldn't you hate him or her? And third, there is always a manipulative one, who makes all your efforts to get back that person be in vain.
Old 2013-07-01, 07:14   Link #96
Peanutbutter

After rewatching the episode, I felt that I came to a good conclusion of why everything actually happened.

I blame puberty.
Old 2013-07-01, 19:09   Link #97
Deathscyther

Quote:
If this episode aimed to redeem Kirino for all of her shitty behaviour, then it failed big time with me.
Good thing that this wasn't the focus of the episode then. The episode wasn't meant to redeem Kirino in any way. The focus of the episode was to explain why Kirino became the girl she was at the beginning of this anime, and solely from her POV. This episode showed that Kirino indeed was cold and unreasonable towards her brother at the start of the series. But we also found out that she wasn't like this with other people (except Manami). So why did she act like that when it came to Kyousuke?

That's why we needed this episode. Until now, we've seen everything from Kyousuke's POV (although we still don't know why Kyousuke changed). But since this series is about both siblings, it's important to learn more about Kirino's thoughts as well.

Quote:
I hoped that she had at least a solid reason to be such a bitch to her brother. I thought that Kyousuke did something really mean to her when they were younger. Nothing of the sort. Sure, he was a bit mean to her sometimes but that's not nearly enough to justify her later abuse.

Well, there was a solid reason for her behaviour in her eyes. It wasn't because Kyousuke was a bit mean to her sometimes. In Kirino's eyes the person she loved and respected more than anyone else in the world suddenly disappeared and was replaced by someone complete different. Of course she'd be angry at this person who replaced her loved one. Strong emotions can win over logic.

As for why Kirino continued to be kind of unreasonable with Kyousuke even after he started helping her: Since this new Kyousuke wasn't the same as back then, I think that she had trouble believing in him again, so she wouldn't let her guard down too easily. She didn't want to be disappointed/hurt again. On top of that, there were her 'tsundere qualities'. She has trouble voicing her real feelings, doesn't seem to understand these feelings at times, and usually ends up doing/saying the complete opposite. Everyone around her (and especially Kyousuke and Kuroneko) already seem to understand this by now though.

Quote:
Kyousuke did nothing wrong. It's his life and he is free to live as a lazy bum if he so decides. The poor guy doesn't even know why he is hated.
Kyousuke's at fault here too. It's indeed his life and he is free to live how he wants to. But he should have known what was the cause. Right before their cold war started Kirino told him what was bugging her: 'What happened to you?' 'You used to try harder at everything!' 'You're not my brother!' She even cried and ran away after telling him this. But even though Kyousuke knew that Kirino was confused and angry with the sudden change in character, he never tried to explain to her why he changed.

After this, neither of them have tried talking to the other one about it. Also, throughout the story but especially in the beginning Kyousuke keeps telling himself that he hates Kirino as well. Both of them did nothing to improve the situation. So both of them are at fault here.

Quote:
Kirino never explained her reasons and never tried to reconcile.
As I just said, Kirino told him what was bugging her even before their cold war started.

Kirino never gave up. She's been waiting for her brother to return to her: 'The onii-chan I love will come back to me one day!' While waiting, she's been doing her best in everything, so that she could show off to him when he came back. And at the moment Kyousuke found out about her eroge, she decided to use that chance to find out if her brother had returned. Because of everything that happened since that moment she found out that her brother of back then hadn't returned. But even though he's just an lazy and avarage person now, he still gave his all to help her with her problems. Because of this she basically admitted that the brother she loved, although a bit different, had indeed returned to her in the end of the episode.

Quote:
And the writer wants me to like such a character? Please...
I don't think that the writer necessarily wants you to like her. Everyone likes and dislikes different kind of characters after all. I think he wants you to understand her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
After rewatching the episode, I felt that I came to a good conclusion of why everything actually happened.

I blame puberty.
Haha, I kind of agree. The show is about growing up. Kyousuke and especially Kirino are still young. They will make mistakes because of their childish logic. There will be times when their emotions get the better of them. The most important thing is that you learn from your mistakes and grow because of them.
Old 2013-07-01, 20:30   Link #98
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post

I blame puberty.
Huh? The reason they make the extra three episodes online is bypassing TV's censorship. They might be too concerned. In the past, anime scene was censored because there's some breaking news. In the case of School Days, TV station doesn't want people to make the connection between anime noir and the real life noir.

Quote:
―― アニメに関していうと、第13話まではテレビ放映し、第14話から第16話は、8月18日13時(日 本時間)に全世界同時で公開(編注:日本では『俺の妹』公式サイト、ニコニコ動画、dアニメストアで公開) するという、アニメの作り方としてはまだ珍しい方式ですが、その辺りのご印象はいかがですか?

伏見 とても恵まれたアニメシリーズで、柏田プロデューサー、神戸監督をはじめ、アニメスタッフの方々には 感謝してもしきれません。原作を最後までアニメ化するには、テレビ放映枠だけでは絶対に無理なことが最初か ら分かっていたので、今回のような変則的な形でのリリース方法はありがたいことです。
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Translate
- In terms of animation, until Episode 13 is televised, Episode 16 from the first 14 story, published worldwide simultaneous to (Japan time) 13:18 August (Ed. Note: In Japan and the "I it is still rare method of exposing) sister "official site, Nico Nico Douga, and d anime store, as how to make the animation, but your impression of the neighborhood how are you?

In the anime series very lucky Fushimi, beginning Kashiwada producer, Kobe director, I can not and when you thank the people of the animation staff. To animate the original to the end, only TV airtime We knew from the start what can not be done absolutely, release method in the form of irregular like this is thankfully.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-07-01, 20:48   Link #99
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I seem now how Kirino is madly in love with her brother.... there is no way I can't deny that she deserves Kyousuke more than anyone else... She changed her personality to be in equal and deserving for her brother's affection.... she didn't failed not only she got his affection but his heart as well..... this deserves an incest ending... more deserving than YnS....
Old 2013-07-01, 22:29   Link #100
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Huh? The reason they make the extra three episodes online is bypassing TV's censorship. They might be too concerned. In the past, anime scene was censored because there's some breaking news. In the case of School Days, TV station doesn't want people to make the connection between anime noir and the real life noir.
First of all, I really don't understand how that connects to the post you're replying to (which was talking about this episode, not future episodes).

But secondly (horrible Google Translation notwithstanding), I don't think that's actually what the interview is implying. If they wanted to animate the entire novel series to the end, there was no way to do that in the TV broadcast alone (テレビ放映枠だけでは絶対に無理 -- the TV airtime alone would absolutely not work). That isn't due to content, but due to the amount of material to be covered (this was discussed in earlier questions). There would not have been enough time to cover the story all the way to the end in 13 episodes, and so they chose to release the ending this way. Given that they're performing a worldwide simulcast, there won't be any content that they couldn't also air on Japanese TV (especially when you consider things that have already aired on TV in Japan before). Discussing the specifics of future content is out of the scope for this thread, but there is nothing anywhere to suggest that "TV censorship" was a reason for this release strategy.