Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-05-13, 07:59   Link #81
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Wow, it took half the series, but they finally came up with an interesting episode.

And I don't know how many times I've said it, but the other Tohru and his world is way more interesting than the other one. This episode alone is a testament to that. They spent almost the entire episode in the other world and everything actually became more interesting because of it.

Also, it seems that there seems to be some conspiracy going on. And Remy seems to be at the heart of it.

Well, I might as well see what's going to happen now. I've trudged through several crappy episodes and finally there's a glimmer of something interesting, so I'll stick around a little longer.
I fully agree with you.
I preferred the white Tohru of MC, it is much more interresante both its history as his personality.
What I did not like this episode, was the attitude of the white Kyoka, no matter which world was, what she did is treason.
Get naked in front of another man flirting with another man, and to make matters worse he is the enemy.
endangering children and all the sacrifices of her boyfriend, to protect another man, Clearly he fell in love with Tohru black, so much que she repented at the end.
Clearly she's not even there for your boyfriend and for the safety of children.
If she is having a problem in their relationship, she should talk to him, if she knows he's in trouble she help him, and not be attached to another man.
I was very sad in this episode, Kyoka cheated on her boyfriend and even falls in love with another Tohru .
Hidetoshi Nakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 14:01   Link #82
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
I fully agree with you.
I preferred the white Tohru of MC, it is much more interresante both its history as his personality.
What I did not like this episode, was the attitude of the white Kyoka, no matter which world was, what she did is treason.
Get naked in front of another man flirting with another man, and to make matters worse he is the enemy.
endangering children and all the sacrifices of her boyfriend, to protect another man, Clearly he fell in love with Tohru black, so much que she repented at the end.
Clearly she's not even there for your boyfriend and for the safety of children.
If she is having a problem in their relationship, she should talk to him, if she knows he's in trouble she help him, and not be attached to another man.
I was very sad in this episode, Kyoka cheated on her boyfriend and even falls in love with another Tohru .
I do agree that White Kyoka's action aren't appropriate but I think she probably misses how White Tohru used to be, which was similar to Black Tohru before white Remy's death. I get the sense that White Tohru has distanced himself from his family/friends to the point that White Kyoka probably felt she can't talk this way with him any longer.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 22:47   Link #83
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

1) How does White Kyouma know how to hack a super computer? Doesn't he live in a post apocalyptic world?

2) When he teleported down, why was his team waiting for him? There wasn't any contest going on.

3) How did Black Kyouma change into that outfit when he was in the white outfit right before?

What it does appear to me is that the 'Timekeepers' are causing the sand effect by sending them into the past to destroy their ancestors.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 16:57   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wait so... Was Remy scheduled for degradation at that moment? The files white!Tohru was browsing seemed to indicate this, but I'm not exactly sure. For some reason it never occurred to me that the ones fighting could also be "on the list".

Anyway, regarding the deaths in this story.. They really are, you know, how you say, "without ceremony"? I mean of course realistically speaking a lot of deaths happen just like that, but still it's pretty jarring. Anyone know what I'm saying?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 16:47   Link #85
AntonKutovoi

Hello there, Matrix.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 17:00   Link #86
Irenesharda

Well, just when this series was beginning to be a little interesting, they decided to introduce another piece to the incredibly convoluted ridiculous plot in regards to sand people, some future called Dead End that's basically the Matrix, and some time particle from the edge of the solar system?!

Ugh...it was just back to being boring exposition again. Sigh, well at least we finally found out who the Timekeepers and Ghost Girl are.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 14:54   Link #87
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The matrix? Looks more like some kind of borg-esque blob to me.
Old 2015-05-23, 13:43   Link #88
AntonKutovoi

A lot of characters died this week. I wondered "And who is that again?" about all of them. Well, except Xi, whom I at least remembered (but absolutely didn't care).
Old 2015-05-23, 18:05   Link #89
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The story amused me at some parts. But yeah I have yet to feel a connection to any of these characters that aren't Tohru or Kyoka. So the people who die are just kind of... Forgotten. If they were ever in my memory in the first place.
Old 2015-05-23, 23:37   Link #90
Irenesharda

A lot happened this week, and a lot of it I didn't even care about. That's pretty much this show in a nutshell.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-05-25, 05:54   Link #91
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
I guess/hope that's not a spoiler but I've read an interview with Kaihou Norimitsu and he has stated that the anime would be centered around the protagonist (and his development?) so if you're interested in the secondary characters you may want to read the spin-off manga (which won't be translated anyway).
That's what I've posted on April 7. Well a lot of people here still doesn't really care about any posts aside from their own ones.

Last edited by Iby; 2015-05-27 at 01:52.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 13:47   Link #92
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I still don't regret watching this show, but it won't rank among any of my memorable ones, sadly.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is it has no sense of causality. It takes all time travel tropes and does them so very wrong.
Old 2015-06-20, 14:32   Link #93
AntonKutovoi

Wait. You mean Tohru just f*cking conquered the world in the end and declared himself a president?!

Oh, and I like how they still managed to insert the character I don't rememeber appearing even in the last episode.

In the end it was a pretty bad series. Although it was occasionally hilarious. 4/10.
Old 2015-06-20, 15:41   Link #94
Sakuratsuki

It seems there was also an alternate ending of episode 12. I saw the stream of it and it was totally different from the one released on Crunchyroll. A much sadder ending.

I was kinda surprised when I saw the one of Crunchyroll later on because it was not the same. I figured out that there were two different endings after doing some searching.

Does anyone know more about this?

EDIT: it seems the alternate ending aired on niconico, episode 12.5
Old 2015-06-20, 15:56   Link #95
moodie

perfect example of a series that bit more than it could chew...along with being convoluted and boring

i watched it and it had its moments so a 6/10 should suffice
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 16:05   Link #96
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
It seems there was also an alternate ending of episode 12. I saw the stream of it and it was totally different from the one released on Crunchyroll. A much sadder ending.

I was kinda surprised when I saw the one of Crunchyroll later on because it was not the same. I figured out that there were two different endings after doing some searching.

Does anyone know more about this?

EDIT: it seems the alternate ending aired on niconico, episode 12.5
CR aired regular TV version. Alternate airing can be watched on Daisuki. Story branches around 10th minute of show (explosion).
Old 2015-06-20, 21:08   Link #97
Irenesharda

Because people said there were two different endings, I decided to watch both. I have to say that the "sad ending" as the better of the two and way more interesting. I'm glad that at least such a mediocre series had a pretty good ending.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-06-23, 21:19   Link #98
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Matrix + Time Cop = this trash

3/10 What was the point to this whole thing
Old 2015-06-25, 19:16   Link #99
VTHokiePride

Can someone put a summary of the alternating ending under a spoiler tag?
Old 2015-06-28, 13:48   Link #100
Kurohane

This poor adaptation shows why having a sound foundation is so important. Without that, everything else either carries no weight or completely falls apart. The main character doesn't know what he wants that he goes along whatever his girlfriend says. Despite chastising his other self for seeking power and condemning the pointless attrition of kill and be killed, he goes with world domination, the biggest scale of both points he criticized. That contradiction is one of the reasons why I can't feel anything towards this supposedly new peaceful world. The other is because it happens completely off-screen. The only sweet thing was finding out the girl was his granddaughter.

The alternate ending is better, because it's more believable, and well within the context of the Frontier side, despite how little we've seen of that side.
Spoiler: