4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-15, 18:53   Link #81
Irenesharda

Two things I noticed on rewatch:

With Yanagi, what exactly happened when Shino reached out to him? First he looked at his hand as if he was shocked, and then he was going to reach out with his right hand, then stopped, and changed to the left hand. He then held the hand closed to his heart like he wasn't used to physical contact. Will we soon be getting backstory on Yanagi? Does he have some abusive backstory for why he isn't used to/is afraid of physical contact?

The other thing I noticed and interesting fact about Orga's command is, like with Mika, he doesn't actually order anyone to do anything. He asks If Akihiro will go out, he asks if Eugene can captain since "it's a job only he can do", which seems to be some thing that doesn't just say with Mika. It does show that Orga holds all of his crew and important and doesn't feel like he's over them, but more so like he's working alongside them.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 18:57   Link #82
Skaddix

Is it bad the last comptent one was Aila and that wasnt even a war gundam series.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 19:03   Link #83
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Katejina is a bit craycray, but she was still a pretty gud pilot.
I think he/she was referring to more recent series (not counting BF/BFT) which for the most part had rather lackluster female pilots
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 19:23   Link #84
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You know, if you're here just to troll
I was not trolling, I legitimately believed it was a rear end pull. I'd talk more about the episode, but a good chunk of it was mostly babbling about bureaucratic nonsense.... Which was basically every episode with an even number so far. I'm noticing a bad pattern.
Quote:
it makes you think this guy/girl should just give up and think before posting.
This on the other hand IS trolling.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 19:59   Link #85
Irenesharda

You know, thankfully, if this all works out and Tekkadan works out a deal with Turbine, he can serve as their guide, which will let the writers off the hook for having them do that ridiculous maneuver of having to go all the way to Jupiter to find a guide.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 20:05   Link #86
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I was not trolling, I legitimately believed it was a rear end pull.
Then prove that you're not trolling by admitting your previous mistake first before continuing to comment, which you haven't.

Quote:
I'd talk more about the episode, but a good chunk of it was mostly babbling about bureaucratic nonsense.... Which was basically every episode with an even number so far. I'm noticing a bad pattern.
Just because you can't follow what the characters are saying doesn't mean it automatically becomes "babbling about bureaucratic nonsense". I, and many others can follow the conversations and they make sense. There are things in the conversations that aren't clear yet, but it were meant to be that way as foreshadowing for the upcoming issues.
Old 2015-11-15, 20:05   Link #87
The 48th Ronin

Another glorious episode.

- Ship combat. TBH, I was never that entertained with these stuffs in a Gundam show until this one.
- Nena Trinity 2.0. That twintails is a good pilot and very straightforward. I have a feeling she's gonna do something shocking in the future. And Mika is involved.
- Turbines' Angels. Is it coincidence or Naze's personal preference?
- Potatoes in a helmet. LOL
- Somebody actually told Biscuit that his name is delicious?
- Fanservice. Dat glorious Kudelia ass and twintail's pedicure legs.

A lot of girls are introduced in this episode. Should I turn on my shipping radar, or should we start to expect some harem tropes?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 20:12   Link #88
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh, so I wasn't the only one who got that Nena vibe from Lafter. And she has a boyfriend according to the preview? Poor bastard, he stuck it in the crazy.
Old 2015-11-15, 20:14   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
- Ship combat. TBH, I was never that entertained with these stuffs in a Gundam show until this one.
IMO the ship-battles of “Archangel vs. Dominion”, “Minerva vs. Girty Lue” & “Minerva vs. Archangel” from SEED series are equally good. People just tend to pay more attention to the beam-spamming MS-fights in those series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh, so I wasn't the only one who got that Nena vibe from Lafter. And she has a boyfriend according to the preview? Poor bastard, he stuck it in the crazy.
Thanks to her twintails, she reminds me more of Harley Quinn than Nena .
Old 2015-11-15, 20:19   Link #90
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
IMO the ship-battles of “Archangel vs. Dominion”, “Minerva vs. Girty Lue” & “Minerva vs. Archangel” from SEED series are equally good. People just tend to pay more attention to the beam-spamming MS-fights in those series.
I think so, too. But it was drastically overshadowed by the beam-spraying Gundams, and the talk-no-jutsu.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 20:28   Link #91
dienrachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Minerva vs. Archangel
Oh god no. They were having a ship rotate and doge a cannon shell after it was fired. Even after so many years and unhealthly doses of alcohol, I'm still just trying to erase that memory.
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 20:34   Link #92
Skaddix

Lol pretty sure Pimp could have won if he promised the boys they get laid..... Hahahah

Well its hard to miss beam spam. I mean visually I dont miss it at all. GBFT gave me my fill of that. Still I think it fits with Gundamns in this timeline being made for one on one duels. Make sense range weapons arent nearly as effective as close quarter combat....there is nothing honorable about lighting someone up from miles away. I suppose the mechas being closer in level helps with that as well.
Old 2015-11-15, 20:35   Link #93
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Two things I noticed on rewatch:

With Yanagi, what exactly happened when Shino reached out to him? First he looked at his hand as if he was shocked, and then he was going to reach out with his right hand, then stopped, and changed to the left hand. He then held the hand closed to his heart like he wasn't used to physical contact. Will we soon be getting backstory on Yanagi? Does he have some abusive backstory for why he isn't used to/is afraid of physical contact?
I was wondering what that was all about too, and I think you might be right, it could be some trauma.

Everyone's said nearly everything I wanted to say, so the only thing I have to add is this: please don't kill off Akihiro, he's such a bro lol. Almost had a heart attack this ep, I was all but sure he was going down.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 21:01   Link #94
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
there is nothing honorable about lighting someone up from miles away.
It really depends on one's sense of honor, but if one can find honor in the taking of a fellow human's life, then the distance in which the deed is done is beside the point.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 21:25   Link #95
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dienrachen View Post
Oh god no. They were having a ship rotate and doge a cannon shell after it was fired. Even after so many years and unhealthly doses of alcohol, I'm still just trying to erase that memory.
Meh, the use of smoke and how it reacted in the battle of “Isaribi vs. Hammerhead” this episode is also a stretch that I’m willing to give a pass. So, I’m willing to give the same suspension of disbelief to some technical errors in the battle of “Minerva vs. Archangel” too due to "rule of cool".
Old 2015-11-15, 21:27   Link #96
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It really depends on one's sense of honor, but if one can find honor in the taking of a fellow human's life, then the distance in which the deed is done is beside the point.
I meant that in a historical human sense when the system is based on duels usually that means close combat of some sort and that is pretty common across a wide range of cultures. I am not stating a value judgment for myself.
Old 2015-11-15, 21:43   Link #97
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
I meant that in a historical human sense when the system is based on duels usually that means close combat of some sort and that is pretty common across a wide range of cultures. I am not stating a value judgment for myself.
I think duels have been done with pistols.

That said, these mobile suits don't seem to be made for a dueling system.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 21:48   Link #98
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Just because you can't follow what the characters are saying
At no point did I state or imply this, I know what is going on (and most of it seems like filler).
Quote:
which you haven't.
I would if it wasn't for the hostility I've been receiving as of late.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 22:16   Link #99
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
At no point did I state or imply this, I know what is going on (and most of it seems like filler).
So you know what's going on, and you said the conversation or “babbling” is "bureaucratic nonsense". If so, I’d like to know which part of it that is “nonsense”?

Quote:
I would if it wasn't for the hostility I've been receiving as of late.
Hostility or not, an error is an error. And that obvious error is started by you. So, if you’re not trolling or pig-headed, show us your good-will by admitting your error first. Admitting your mistake is a first step to (re)gain credibility and respect from others.
Old 2015-11-15, 22:33   Link #100
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think duels have been done with pistols.

That said, these mobile suits don't seem to be made for a dueling system.
Still close range. Its like what 5 steps then draw turn and shoot or was it 10.