5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-02-23, 15:43   Link #81
TheDoctor324

i understand that the beam cannon doesn't do anything that has the nanolamainate armor....and that it got messed up by mika....but the fact that no one except those that were there really know how to react to it....it would just be a thing that would catch the foe of balance for a few moments....and in a battle a few moments is all you need to change the whole fight....was just hypothetical is all

also ok...i guess i was going nuts then...so there was a horned MS...maybe we'll see it soon....
TheDoctor324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 23:05   Link #82
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
One thing we have to keep in mind is that the beam cannon is very likely to be energy intensive so that might take away the reactor output from other things that might be more vital. Hashmal's size was also a lot larger than a mobile suit and likely had larger Ahab Reactors to boot as a result to help cope with that.

And I'm not even sure it's going to cause that much of a surprise. Barely anybody from Tekkadan was caught surprised by it either when they saw it for the first time. Chad wasn't even that worried about Ride after he went and took the it head on, being fairly confident his Shiden's armor could take it.

It's not even like the Nanomirror Chaff which while ineffective for long periods is very good at short term shock to the enemy and is apparently designed for that. A non penetrative beam weapon will be just a hot energy intensive flashlight against mobile suits and ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
The Problem is the Beam Weapon is Illegal and they were trying to be legal at that point.

The Bigger Issue though is the Beam Weapon is Optimized to kill civilians not kill military targets.
Was it ever stated directly that beam weapons were illegal? I don't recall that being mentioned in the anime or secondary materials.

I don't disagree, it's very likely to be illegal just that i cant recall it being explicitly stated so far.
Old 2017-02-26, 00:40   Link #83
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Beam weapons haven't even been mentioned outside of developer commentary until the Hashmal showcased it having one.