AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-26, 01:20   Link #81
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
More like, why did they let her teach again? Since apparently it wasn't the first time.
it's because being a priest is not something "easy" you must be somehow "choosen" from the gods even if you are a trash person, then they would keep trying to "cover for her aslong the could control damage.

some info left off which probably not gonna be covered.

the previous incident according to the manga was with elfs which means which while she was traumatized by her family being killed by demons deep in the core she is really just a "sort of racist" and hate any race which "outlive humans, the other incident was almost the same here she pick a fight with "elfs" students which almost runied the "previous city" where she was working, because it make the elf community angry over the town making then leaving it(and many where from elite and rich) which also affected the touristm in the town, well things goes really bad, then they tried here again, but again she messed up, but unlike previous incident this one ended really messing with the "wrong person".

Another note in the manga dale says which her punishment while not was "death" it was close to it since he told which they make sure she never can be a priestess even again and many towns will know about her, basically she really is screwed and if she don't have anyone to "backup her she can easy ending living in the streets as a poor or maybe worst.

I really hate that personality of "overprotective" from dale many times it's really anger me, he sometimes almost sounds as a "lolicon" rater than a Father".

And as i told without any doubts dale is not really the common "hero mc", he is really ruthless he is really the type of person which you never would want to have as a enemie.

the teacher i have some "mixed feelings" in one way she does really diservers all the crap she get, since she really have a very twisted personality, but i somehow can understand which it comes due to her traumar of loosing her family for "non humans" and it could easy be the trigger of her twisted personality but still what she did was too beyond any redemption and soon or later the others priesstes fromt he temple could not keep covering her for each time she messing at one point it could ending happening and could be even worst as someone could just wanted to kill her, which somehow also could be better than maybe what can be waiting for her now.
Old 2019-07-26, 14:53   Link #82
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah i could've sworn i saw something somewhere about "arbitration" involving directly beseeching the god to pass judgment, which in such a case may involve taking back the blessing (don't know for sure, but I could swear I saw that somewhere). Since the LN says that no one who's there for anything above cleaning the floor lacks this blessing, that would effectively exile her from the entire order and mark her for life. Given the significance that such blessings have for those that are born with them, it would indeed be a terrible punishment, in a way worse than death.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 16:43   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm starting to get bored. Mainly because Dale fawning over every little thing Latina does is becoming beyond annoying. It's like the show is constantly screaming at me "LOOK HOW CUTE AND PERFECT LATINA IS! LOOK LOOK LOOK!"
Old 2019-08-01, 17:00   Link #84
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, she IS absolutely adorable. Can't watch an episode of this without smiling ear to ear.

Also, judging by the credits there should be some sort of time skip at some point. I haven't read the LNs even to the first snowfall so I don't know, but from the covers of other LNs it seems like there should be an intermediary period where Latina's older than she is now but not fully grown; like, maybe 10-13 range. If we get that then maybe a few years will temper his adoration.
Old 2019-08-01, 18:06   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Well, she IS absolutely adorable. Can't watch an episode of this without smiling ear to ear.

Also, judging by the credits there should be some sort of time skip at some point. I haven't read the LNs even to the first snowfall so I don't know, but from the covers of other LNs it seems like there should be an intermediary period where Latina's older than she is now but not fully grown; like, maybe 10-13 range. If we get that then maybe a few years will temper his adoration.
Yeah there'll be a timeskip going by the OP, and I sure hope Dale will calm down a bit. He can be pretty cool when he acts normally.
Old 2019-08-01, 19:18   Link #86
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm starting to get bored. Mainly because Dale fawning over every little thing Latina does is becoming beyond annoying. It's like the show is constantly screaming at me "LOOK HOW CUTE AND PERFECT LATINA IS! LOOK LOOK LOOK!"
It's more bearable in the manga mostly because you cant hear, in my opinions, Dale's poor voice acting.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 21:11   Link #87
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Dale really needs to calm down and stop being so overprotective she have friends now as well as a lot of people looking after her

Latina looking at the snow was kind of cute
Old 2019-08-02, 08:13   Link #88
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, one things for sure: those traffickers were incredibly lucky they tried to kidnap Latina BEFORE Dale got back. They wouldn't have gotten away with a mere arrest otherwise. Then again, if Dale were to hear about the incident I could see him deciding to track down and eliminating the entire organization. He may be disgustingly doting toward her, but on the other side he's a real monster when she's threatened.
Old 2019-08-03, 07:40   Link #89
videoman190

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-04, 08:28   Link #90
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah there'll be a timeskip going by the OP, and I sure hope Dale will calm down a bit. He can be pretty cool when he acts normally.
Latina is already getting embarrassed by his actions. Hopefully she can stop some of it when she is older.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-08, 14:56   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Latina is going to get a little brother/sister. Yes, I still consider Kenneth and Rita to be her real parental figures. Dale feels more like the overprotective uncle.

This episode was a huge improvement over the last one. We were introduced to a new character, Latina and Dale started a trip, and there was a bit of fighting which allowed Latina to display her abilities.
Old 2019-08-08, 17:33   Link #92
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

More impressive magic use by Latina.

The rate she is progressing, she might become a powerful demon overlord when she is fully grown.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-08, 17:35   Link #93
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Indeed. And while Dale's still prone to severe excess in his reactions to even stray thoughts about Latina, it didn't seem as excessive as previous eps. And again it makes sense that Dale would come across as more of a brother or uncle rather than a parent, since again he was ten when she was born. He can think of himself as a father all he wants, it's still not convincing.

On a different note, while relatively little time has passed so far it seems like the animators have been adjusting Latina's hair length. Her tails seem to hang lower now. Not as low as the last image in the ED, but lower than they did at the start.
Old 2019-08-08, 17:57   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
On a different note, while relatively little time has passed so far it seems like the animators have been adjusting Latina's hair length. Her tails seem to hang lower now. Not as low as the last image in the ED, but lower than they did at the start.
I liked that they did that too. Usually they wouldn't bother adjusting the design of a character just for a six months timeskip.
Old 2019-08-08, 20:06   Link #95
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Indeed. And while Dale's still prone to severe excess in his reactions to even stray thoughts about Latina, it didn't seem as excessive as previous eps. And again it makes sense that Dale would come across as more of a brother or uncle rather than a parent, since again he was ten when she was born. He can think of himself as a father all he wants, it's still not convincing.
Does it though? The vibe I get from Dave is that of anime's typical overprotective doting parent.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-08, 21:09   Link #96
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Dale and Latina going on a trip to his hometown and she no how to use her cuteness to get a discount on that knife
Old 2019-08-09, 11:08   Link #97
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
Does it though? The vibe I get from Dave is that of anime's typical overprotective doting parent.
Same for me. While Kenneth and Rita are the grandparents who take care of the daughter when daddy is at work.
Old 2019-08-09, 12:27   Link #98
Xical
Phantom User

Coming mainly from the LN and a little from the manga, and having watched until epi.06 I can only say this:
For a series that relies this heavy in the charisma of it's FMC , Latina feel so underwhelming (chara design), and her VA don't help much.

I think anime only watchers will not find any fault in her at all, is only that after years reading the novels, maybe my expectations were too high.
Old 2019-08-15, 17:02   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So there are seven Demon Lords in the world, although the position of the first one is vacant and the fifth one wasn't mentioned. Latina came from the first Demon Lord's territory, and I bet she was supposed to replace him, which would explain why her needs were all catered to. Not sure why they'd cut her horn and exile her though.

All this time, I thought "Rag" meant dad in demon language, but it was just a shortened version of his name
Old 2019-08-15, 17:33   Link #100
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

This was a pretty nice episode.

Lots of mentions about the 1st demon lord.

Will Latina be chosen by the gods and become a demon lord I wonder?
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote