AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-10, 12:30   Link #81
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Kill them all style ending is what you get when all creativity is lost at the end. It´s about as creative as .. and they lived happily ever after.

And I must say after seeing Char´s Counterattack that all the complaining about the main cast being too overpowered and using the UC as a reference (as to how it should be) is pretty weak.

But I have atleast one thing I would have liked to see.

I think it could have been interesting if Minerva captured Kira after the battle against Shinn in which he lost Freedom. It also should have come 4-6 episodes earlier.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 13:20   Link #82
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

That would've been interesting since as soon as they arrived at Gibraltar or wherever it was they met with Gilbert, he would've had Kira's head in the gallows as soon as possible. And Athrun would've tried to free him...except Kira could probably beat Destiny with a GOUF (since he wouldn't be afraid to use his SEED Factor).

Would have been a very interesting turn of events.

But I think the story would actually benefit with Shinn being taken prisoner aboard Archangel.
Old 2006-08-10, 14:10   Link #83
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
That would've been interesting since as soon as they arrived at Gibraltar or wherever it was they met with Gilbert, he would've had Kira's head in the gallows as soon as possible. And Athrun would've tried to free him...except Kira could probably beat Destiny with a GOUF (since he wouldn't be afraid to use his SEED Factor).

But I think the story would actually benefit with Shinn being taken prisoner aboard Archangel.
I wonder if they would have taken a GOUF each or one together. And if they would have. Who would have gotten the first - for having a guy in his cockpit?

Seriously though. Foe-Foe interaction is something I did miss in Destiny. And that is something we got a lot of in the UC. However random the encounters and battles were.

I´ve never thought about that but that would have been very interesting. But I suppose those who wanted Shinn to hate Kira for all eternity would fret over such an occation for Kira and Shinn to talk.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 17:24   Link #84
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

If Shinn actually would get to talk to Kira we would finally get something to justify his willingness to shake Kiras hand. Altho i think that if it would come directly after the Freedom down ep, Shinn would have killed Kira on the spot - Stellar anyone ?
Old 2006-08-10, 17:39   Link #85
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:

I like the idea but there is no way Kira is beating the Destiny in a gouf. He couldn't even beat those Zaku's with his Strike. I don't know what gave you that stupid idea.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 18:08   Link #86
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yea, Kira beating Destiny in a GOUF is absurd, it just cant happen. Just look at Athrun when he piloted the gouf - Goufs shield gets simply sliced up like a piece of wood when Athrun tries to block the ASS with it, and Gouf hardly has anything to damage Destiny, only maybe his sword. But Destiny is much faster and all so no dice.

Bah, why am i trying to explain the redicilously obvious ?
Old 2006-08-10, 21:56   Link #87
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Do I need to point out that Athrun was winning in the GOUF until Shinn snapped? Kira at least would've had the balls to go SEED himself and after getting beaten by Shinn just a few episodes earlier, he wouldn't pull his punches like the first time. Would've been a completely different ballgame.

You Shinn homers go back to your precious Shinn Character thread and talk about how awesome and creative his one stab bam bam move is. I stopped posting in that one for a reason. Last thing I need is for Shinn fanboys to come in here and tell me how something can't happen in a thread entitled "How would you improve GSD..."

And let me point out Athrun sucked at pilot anything that wasn't a green ZAKU or Justice. Pointing out how easy Athrun got pistolwhipped isn't really a fair comparison to how bad Kira would pwn Shinn in that GOUF. (I mean Heine kicked Gaia's ass in the GOUF, can't say a GOUF can't beat a Gundam unless you're a total idiot)
Old 2006-08-10, 22:20   Link #88
grandmaster192

Obi-wan, there is no way Kira is beating Shinn's Destiny in a damn GOUF. Shinn would kick his ass within 5 seconds. just like those Zaku's kicked the strikes ass. If Kira can't even beat Zaku's with the strike he ain't about to beat the DEstiny with a GOUF.
Old 2006-08-10, 22:26   Link #89
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Obi-wan, there is no way Kira is beating Shinn's Destiny in a damn GOUF. Shinn would kick his ass within 5 seconds. Kus like those Zaku's kicked the strikes ass.
ZAKUs are a much higher performance mobile suits compared to Strike.

GOUF Ignited > ZAKU = Windam > Dagger L > 105 Dagger > Strike.

See how outdated Strike is?

Not that I'm saying Kira can beat Shinn in a GOUF. He'd still lose, but he'd put up a better fight than Athrun who spent like 2 minutes with Dullindal's words will destroy the world crap and failed persuasion while Shinn spent like 30 seconds panting and angsting. Not to mention Rey's there as well.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 22:39   Link #90
grandmaster192

Never mind. Fuck it! You guys can think Shinn's crap pilot if you want. If you guys want to think Shinn is a grunt level pilot go ahead.
Old 2006-08-10, 22:45   Link #91
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

By the time of GSD the Strike is obsolete there are just no two ways about it. The Gouf is indeed a better suit but even Kira would not be able to defeat the destiny in a Gouf and Rey and the Legend were there too there is no way he would have been able to beat them both or even out run them. He would have put up more of a fight then Athrun did in his state of mind at the time but a similar out come would have probably happened, though it would have been interesting to see. All we ever get to see Kira pilot is the ridiculously powerful Strike Freedom and the Strike Rouge for like five minutes..
Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 22:45   Link #92
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The only hope Kira has in beating Destiny with a GOUF is that he reawakens the Berserker SEED.

I miss the giant floating SEED and Berserker Kira.

I don't think Freedom would have too much problem matching Destiny though. S.Freedom proved that had it not been for Kira's battle compasion and Rey's Legend, he didn't need DRAGOONs to beat Shinn.

Anyway....this is off-topic.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 22:49   Link #93
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
The only hope Kira has in beating Destiny with a GOUF is that he reawakens the Berserker SEED.

I miss the giant floating SEED and Berserker Kira.

I don't think Freedom would have too much problem matching Destiny though. S.Freedom proved that had it not been for Kira's battle compasion and Rey's Legend, he didn't need DRAGOONs to beat Shinn.

Anyway....this is off-topic.
Well the way I see it.....

Freedom=Destiny>Justice=legend

Strike Freedom=super god gundam
IJ=super god gundam.

Freedom is just as good as the Destiny.
Old 2006-08-10, 22:56   Link #94
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

There's no one in a Gouf that could beat Shinn piloting DESTINY...The MS is just too strong regardless...For all of Athrun's efforts he still got stainless steel to the solar plexus...I actually had high hopes for that ep that Athrun would go SEED for his first time in the series and actually have a great battle and somehow escape...He did pretty good all things considered but in the end he still tasted ASS...

Quite frankly that episode ranks as one of top 5 worst episodes in the series...If I had a chance to re-write it I would have Athrun just try to escape via his piloting skills rather than engage in that fruitless conversation with Shinn who was goaded into killing him in one of the worst, childishly written scenes I've ever witnessed...God I really loathe the writing in that episode which included Dullindal "out of the a$$" becoming as evil as Skeletor or Cobra Commander...
Old 2006-08-10, 23:59   Link #95
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Since this is how I would redo GSD, if I want Kira to beat the pants off of Shinn and Rey with a weaker MS, why the fuck can't I have that? Kira downed a whole bunch of ZAFT reds in less than five minutes, and last I checked that's the exact same rank as Rey and Shinn. All Kira has to do is flex and those two overrated sons of bitches are hanging on for dear life in the water.

Rey never impressed me anyways, for someone who was supposed to be better than Shinn at the beginning of the series. Cover fire from Minerva's deck is real badass. Boy gotz skills. He only gets a Gundam by default too. I'd remove that from GSD as well and leave him in his ZAKU. I don't see why Kira would have any reason to be worried about Rey in that situation.

So for the record, we have Kira getting captured by Minerva after episode 34. Probably a little bit of Athrun pleading with Talia not to hand him over but she bitch slaps him and tells him she has to since its an order from the homeland. Durandal talks with Kira about the war and stuff (which makes the final episode less wtf) and then schedules an execution. Athrun goes rogue and helps Kira escape. They take off in the GOUF, Kira rewrites the OS to make it super pimptastic. Shinn and Rey take off, no bullshit preaching by Athrun, Rey tells Shinn to kill them, Kira beats the shit out of Destiny, Legend jumps in and Rey doesn't know wtf he's doing, gets pwnt, and Kira and Athrun escape.

They also don't take Meyrin with them, which deletes the very stupid "Athrun x Meyrin" fanfic pairings that is all over the fucking internet by this point. Also Meyrin won't be considered dead so no stupid Luna x Shinn out of nowhere (but for convenience's sake, we'll just use the Special Edition version of Shinn x Luna as canon, since it seems to be establishing that relationship much earlier than the Athrun escaping part).

I would also have ZAFT winning Heaven's Base by some super weapon like Cyclops, or something like that. I never really bought the whole Minerva Gundam Team Winning Heaven's Base By Itself. Same for Minerva owning the Earth moon base in 45. Delete that stupid shit. Some of the worst bullshit writing in the series takes place from ep 34-END. I'd redo that entire block but it'd end up like a fanfic and I think fanfics are ridiculous.

But for now my changes to Ep 35-37 stay true to the plot and make the Kira/Durandal talk in the final episode less wtf, since they'll now have the opportunity to talk, and Kira will now have a legit reason to oppose him other than "we think maybe perhaps somehow possibly you tried to kill Lacus".
Old 2006-08-11, 00:14   Link #96
grandmaster192

If thats the way you what make it in your own GSD then I respect that. You said why you would have it happen...blah blah blah. But look at this

Quote:

You made it look like your saying Kira would beat Shinn in a GOUF for real. I like your idea of Shinn getting caught by the AA. I think it would help Shinn's character and the overall story. come on....Kira beating the bad guys in a GOUF? If thats the way you would make it thats fine. But If your saying that would happen for real then I gotta disagree with you.
Old 2006-08-11, 00:31   Link #97
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't know. Maybe it could be done with a semi-realistic explanation, like:
Shinn: "Rey, I know you said to take Destiny and all, but now that I think of it, I was in the middle of customizing its OS..."
Rey: "For future reference, next time, can you tell me before we take off? And especially before we catch up with bad guys, half an hour away from anyone inclined to help us?"
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 02:06   Link #98
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

Impossible to fix GSD given the premises. I'll probably just have a warning message before each episode with something like..

This show is intended for audiences 14 and under. Viewer's discretion is advised.
Bleed Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 03:03   Link #99
neilz

Kira can beat Destiny in a Gouf since we can put a lot of excuses (but VS wise...), like Shin being confused of Kira's talking which we all know powerful.
neilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 07:29   Link #100
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Kaga
This show is intended for audiences 6 and under. Viewer's discretion is advised.
fixed. about kira's piloting skills and the battle in episode 39, those soilders trained in the acedemy and they became the some of the best zaft had to offer yet kira in his god suit beat them in 2 minutes? see the topic grunts in c.e.

@obi-wan read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_standards
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.

Last edited by dom33; 2006-08-11 at 07:42.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote