AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-09, 18:32   Link #981
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Frederica has super powers as well. They seem more "out there" than Shin's to me. Telepathy is one thing, being able to see the past and the future of the people you look at is another. Her eyes can lit up too, gave me Higurashi Sotsu PTSD.
Old 2021-10-09, 20:33   Link #982
Wandering Soul

The Spearhead squad tried living normal lives, but ultimately the battlefield was calling and they felt like it would be a disservice to everyone they lost to stop fighting. At least Ernest is setting them with formal educations so they won't become directionless once all the fighting is done.

So I guess they'll soon be off to reunite with Lena.
Old 2021-10-09, 21:05   Link #983
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So Frederica has super powers as well. They seem more "out there" than Shin's to me. Telepathy is one thing, being able to see the past and the future of the people you look at is another. Her eyes can lit up too, gave me Higurashi Sotsu PTSD.
She can she the past and the present, not future
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 21:57   Link #984
Random14

I wonder how the old Republic embassy ended up like that, or if it just fell into disrepair after they lost contact with them.

They're not quite suicidal but sure looks like they're all still planning to die on the battlefield. Well, pride aside they're still haunted by their survivors' guilt too of course. Guess they're all of age already so its their decision to head back to the battlefield (not like they actual parents left by now), though Frederica going with them looks ridiculous. And the reveal of her true name aside, the killer robots probably really are less of a sore spot for the 86 than the Alba who dehumanized them (and not like Frederica had anything to do with the Legion considering her age).

I'm curious to see how they'll do at the academy, after being stuck as the Republic's cannon fodder for so long.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 22:08   Link #985
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
I wonder how the old Republic embassy ended up like that, or if it just fell into disrepair after they lost contact with them.
Probably didn't happen but I just imagined the Republic going "screw you" and trashing their own embassy when they left .
Quote:
They're not quite suicidal but sure looks like they're all still planning to die on the battlefield. Well, pride aside they're still haunted by their survivors' guilt too of course. Guess they're all of age already so its their decision to head back to the battlefield (not like they actual parents left by now), though Frederica going with them looks ridiculous. And the reveal of her true name aside, the killer robots probably really are less of a sore spot for the 86 than the Alba who dehumanized them (and not like Frederica had anything to do with the Legion considering her age).
They seemed pretty cynical at the idea that the war might ever end, which is probably why they feel so comfortable focusing more on fighting than what to do outside of it. As far as Kurena is concerned that's their home (which is really unhealthy when you think about it).

When feel more personally hurt by other humans than by the killer robots .
Quote:
I'm curious to see how they'll do at the academy, after being stuck as the Republic's cannon fodder for so long.
Does this count as a high school arc ?
Old 2021-10-09, 22:36   Link #986
Twi

Quote:

The light novel has him mention that she's going with them as a mascot for their unit (he acknowledges that this as well as allowing them to skip mandatory secondary education was Nepotism). That should be explained next chapter I think.
Old 2021-10-09, 22:57   Link #987
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
The light novel has him mention that she's going with them as a mascot for their unit (he acknowledges that this as well as allowing them to skip mandatory secondary education was Nepotism). That should be explained next chapter I think.
She really is Hawk reincarnated as a loli princess .
Old 2021-10-09, 23:57   Link #988
Twi

Another thing of notice is how when Eugene mentions he isn't wealthy they cut to their shoes, showing that Shin's are nice and clean while his are older and worn down. It's a small detail, but I liked it because it was showing a strong contrast between their living situation. Right now the 86 are being treated like Upper-Class Citizens while Eugene (an Alba native to the country) is on the lower spectrum due to the revolution, with hints that he was part of the upper nobility that lost their place.
Old 2021-10-10, 00:20   Link #989
Yazi88

No, Eugene was never part of upper or lower Nobility. His family were average citizens.

As for Shin talking to Frederica calling her a princess, anime changed the dialogue a bit cause in the novel he figured it out because of the way she talked, it was similar to how his mother talked.
Yazi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 00:41   Link #990
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
So after Gundam's Newtype phase, now we're entering Code Geass' geass magic phase? What's next?
Old 2021-10-10, 00:49   Link #991
Yazi88

They already confirmed people with psychic powers exist in this world. Shin's family had telepathy. Plus, Shin's telepathy power mutated into hearing/sensing the voices of dead in the Legion.

Plus, all Frederica can do is see the past of people with her powers, nothing else, she can't change them or talk to them telepathically. Quite a number of other supernatural elements in this world.
Yazi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 01:00   Link #992
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazi88 View Post
They already confirmed people with psychic powers exist in this world. Shin's family had telepathy. Plus, Shin's telepathy power mutated into hearing/sensing the voices of dead in the Legion.
No shit, Sherlock. I've watched Season 1 too, so I know that much. What I'm interested now is variation or escalation of powers.
Old 2021-10-10, 01:10   Link #993
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
And the reveal of her true name aside, the killer robots probably really are less of a sore spot for the 86 than the Alba who dehumanized them (and not like Frederica had anything to do with the Legion considering her age).
I took her claim that she was the one who sent Legion off to attack as something of a collective association, a "Royal 'we'" if you like. The throne of the empire sent Legion off to attack, and she's now all that's left of the throne, so she's responsible.

Either that, or she's got the same kind of anti-aging thing going on as Biwa in Heike Monogatari.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 01:18   Link #994
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I took her claim that she was the one who sent Legion off to attack as something of a collective association, a "Royal 'we'" if you like. The throne of the empire sent Legion off to attack, and she's now all that's left of the throne, so she's responsible.

Either that, or she's got the same kind of anti-aging thing going on as Biwa in Heike Monogatari.
Well, she is just your (not)regular 9 year old kid, there is no age-faux here
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
Old 2021-10-10, 05:07   Link #995
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I. LOVE! Frederica's scratchy voice (^,^ )!!! Reminds me a lot of Murasaki from Kurenai. SO ADORABLE!

It was nice for the Spearhead squad to get a taste of a normal life and indulge in different things other than fighting, but call it pride, or guilt, they still want to return to the battlefield.

During Shin's dream, he sees Kaie as a representative of someone who he wants to save from the harvester fate. I dunno if there's some symbolism in that(e.g. he cared about her more than others), but I do find it interesting he'd think of her over anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Well, she is just your (not)regular 9 year old kid, there is no age-faux here
Could have fooled me; she doesn't talk like a 9 year old sometimes. If it wasn't for Raiden's quip in this ep about how old she was 10 years ago, I'd have thought she was older than she appeared. Not that that detail isn't common in anime anyways, but it was a bit different than my initial impressions of her =0v

Last edited by frubam; 2021-10-10 at 07:36.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 07:24   Link #996
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
She can she the past and the present, not future
What does seeing the present even mean? Because I think I can see the present too. Or is it that she can see what's happening on the other side of the planet?
Old 2021-10-10, 07:39   Link #997
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
What does seeing the present even mean? Because I think I can see the present too. Or is it that she can see what's happening on the other side of the planet?
She kinda can see whatever her target is currently seeing, kind of like one-way synchronize her vision with the target’s using Para-raid, but without actual using one and with no negative after effects
Old 2021-10-10, 07:51   Link #998
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
No shit, Sherlock. I've watched Season 1 too, so I know that much. What I'm interested now is variation or escalation of powers.
It's somewhat implied that it's not quite as exclusive as similar powers in other anime series. Annette and her father both learned to extend and copy Shin's family's powers. Through somewhat brutal human experimentation, but they seemed to be replicable with enough technological (and ethical) compromises. It's obviously an imperfect copy because Annette's technology can result in neurological damage.

With Frederica's claim, there's some measure of hereditary traits to it. Shin's whole family had it. Perhaps this is where all the detail of character's ethnicity comes into play?
Quote:
She kinda can see whatever her target is currently seeing, kind of like one-way synchronize her vision with the target’s using Para-raid, but without actual using one and with no negative after effects
Frederica's comes off as psychometry mixed with clairvoyance, since she needs to meet a person before it works.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 09:37   Link #999
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
During Shin's dream, he sees Kaie as a representative of someone who he wants to save from the harvester fate. I dunno if there's some symbolism in that(e.g. he cared about her more than others), but I do find it interesting he'd think of her over anyone else.
I guess part of it might be that Kaie's death was the impetus for their relationship with Lena really starting, and without that they would have never been able to reach this part of their journey, so on that level she's very important.
Old 2021-10-10, 11:31   Link #1000
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
It's somewhat implied that it's not quite as exclusive as similar powers in other anime series. Annette and her father both learned to extend and copy Shin's family's powers. Through somewhat brutal human experimentation, but they seemed to be replicable with enough technological (and ethical) compromises. It's obviously an imperfect copy because Annette's technology can result in neurological damage.
Except Gundam already did that since the 80s. The pure-powered people are called Newtype while the experimented people with imperfect powers are called Cyber-Newtype.

So yeah, it's been done to death since Zeta Gundam. There's nothing special about it.

Heck, Pokemon already did it long before 86 with Mewtwo who was the experiment result based on Mew . I'm only half-joking of course

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi