AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2014-06-10, 19:06   Link #10121
madmac

Honestly, I'm pretty sure "always end on a cliffhanger" is rule number one in manga editorial training. Unless you're wrapping up an arc, always have a hook to keep people reading.

Anyway, another good chapter. Nagi is as sharp as ever.

I liked Hina's exasperated expression on finally making it back, too. And Hamster just being Hamster, naturally.

Now that Ikusa knows Hayate's motivation he's almost certainly planning to test him in some way.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 19:44   Link #10122
ChampDream
Alive

that a suprise, Ikusa being rich, but he still doesn't want to give the stone to Hayate.
Well at least Hayate doesn't have to get the money thanks to Nagi.
Old 2014-06-11, 00:23   Link #10123
AstroNerdBoy

Now I'm starting to question just how deep Ikusa's memory loss is, unless his encounter with Athena cured his amnesia.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 01:59   Link #10124
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Hata-sensei.... that vol 41 cover is so sexy *nosebleed*
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 10:30   Link #10125
Kakurin
大佐

Hata trolling at his best...
Old 2014-06-11, 14:34   Link #10126
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Now I'm starting to question just how deep Ikusa's memory loss is, unless his encounter with Athena cured his amnesia.
i am questioning if he had amnesia at all.
Old 2014-06-11, 16:47   Link #10127
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Hata-sensei.... that vol 41 cover is so sexy *nosebleed*
Fitting how that first chapter of the volume is "Attention Please."
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 18:58   Link #10128
MCAL

Kay... Now I'm confused. Wasn't the competition supposed to be a joke?

The chapter was hilarious btw.

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-06-16 at 19:37.
Old 2014-06-16, 19:33   Link #10129
madmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Kay... Now I'm confused. Wasn't the competition supposed to be a joke?
It was a joke. Until he heard about Hayate putting his life on the line for someone, which is exactly the sort of thing Ikusa considers Serious Business. He's basically telling Hayate that talk is cheap and he lacks the resolve. So he can try and prove it by winning the joke competition anyway.

Honestly, he has a point, even if he's kind of a dick about it. That's Ikusa in a nutshell though, he's so heroic and selfless that it makes him kind of a jerk, even going back to Lifesavers.
Old 2014-06-16, 20:50   Link #10130
ChampDream
Alive

so I'm guessing they will try to cheer up Hayate so that he continue the competition or a unexpect thing will happen that will put Nagi in danger.
Old 2014-06-17, 09:15   Link #10131
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I guess Ikusa didn't lose his memory after all....

I like how Ikusa revealed what Hayate did to Hinagiku in the island

Ayumu and Nagi's reactions are hilarious
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 13:22   Link #10132
rladls2121

Ayumu and Nagi throwing sands to Hayate, and Hayate pouring sands out from the shoe while talking.

Hayate's in depression thinking it is impossible to win only with Ayumu and Nagi helping.

This chapter is really great.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 17:03   Link #10133
AstroNerdBoy

Oh, Hata-sensei. *lol* Man, you just never know where the man is going to go.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2014-06-23, 17:13   Link #10134
ChampDream
Alive

I definitely don't know where this arc is going after the last chapter, that was really unexpected to add those two girls into the turmoil.
Old 2014-06-23, 17:18   Link #10135
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Given the amount of lineface Fumi gets from the fans over here, I can only imagine someone annoyed Hata and this is his revenge.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 17:52   Link #10136
MCAL

Fumi never fails to give me a laugh.

And Hata-Sensei continues to do what he does best. Not do what you expect him to do.
Old 2014-06-23, 18:31   Link #10137
madmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Fumi never fails to give me a laugh.

And Hata-Sensei continues to do what he does best. Not do what you expect him to do.
Surprising me almost every week is one of the things this manga does best.

Oh, and suddenly Fumi is the best kind of suddenly.
Old 2014-06-23, 22:50   Link #10138
AstroNerdBoy

Sometimes, Fumi isn't as good as others, but this chapter, she's bang on funny. ^_^

Old 2014-06-23, 23:22   Link #10139
madmac

I was honestly a little cold on Fumi when she first appeared in the manga, but once she clicked for me she never stopped being funny.

I think a good part of it was just spending a lot of time translating the old Backstage 4Koma's when those were a thing. Fumi had a ton of them documenting her "canon but in no way related to anything involving other characters, ever" adventures.

One of the things I still appreciate about Fumi is that she's never lost this "interloper" feel she's had all the way from her introduction. She basically has nothing to do with any of the actual characters and only crosses paths with them by accident, usually to their severe annoyance.

Even her style of humor is very 4-Koma based and different from the other characters, which makes her stand out from the rest of the manga that much more. Fumi chapters are noticeably different then other chapters, and I think that's neat.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think a lot of people don't fully get Fumi because she's kind of a meta-joke.
Old 2014-06-24, 00:13   Link #10140
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I was honestly a little cold on Fumi when she first appeared in the manga, but once she clicked for me she never stopped being funny.
I liked her from the start. Her introduction was clearly a parody of Tohru from Fruits Basket. Then she established her awesomely stupid-funny credentials when she tried to wake Nagi up by breaking up a loaf of bread on Nagi's head, then getting a pigeon to put on Nagi's head. I literally laughed so hard and so long at that, it felt like I'd done a few hundred situps for the next couple of days.

After that, I've liked her character a lot, and in this chapter, I felt she was used quite well. Now that she's planning to stalk Ikusa...*lol* Oh man, the mind reels at the possibilities.

Tags
comedy, shounen