AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-23, 10:53   Link #1001
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Except Killua's killed his share of people whose only real crime was to be there when he was in a mood.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 13:18   Link #1002
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By murdering everybody in sight, including the clients and innocent bystanders. There is a difference between being an assassin and being a homicidal maniac. Maybe he even ate babies, I don't know.
That's how it always works,they introduce a mad-ass killer who turns out to be not so scary in the end.

Hisoka is probably creepier than him ;o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Except Killua's killed his share of people whose only real crime was to be there when he was in a mood.
Exactly.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 14:00   Link #1003
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I'm sticking to baby eating, then.
Old 2011-10-23, 14:42   Link #1004
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Hisoka is probably creepier than him ;o
Is there anyone more disturbing (in this series) than Hisoka?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 16:26   Link #1005
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Killua's special so he gets special privileges. That's why his mom and his fat brother hates him.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 16:54   Link #1006
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

His mom actually loves him. She just wishes he'd spend more time at home, or at least call more often. Oh, and that he'd show more ambition and choose his friends better. Wow, she's just like a normal mom. (Except for the torture and stuff.)
Old 2011-10-23, 17:11   Link #1007
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Killua's special so he gets special privileges. That's why his mom and his fat brother hates him.
U kidding me ?Only his fat brother hates him,cuz he's jealous,everyone else loves him(in the family),even his mom(despite him injuring her.....).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Is there anyone more disturbing (in this series) than Hisoka?
Nope,that's why I'm a little disappointed that he didn't get to see the King
Old 2011-10-24, 02:44   Link #1008
Xion Valkyrie

I guess it's been a while then. For some reason I remember his mom favoring the other brother.
Old 2011-10-24, 12:18   Link #1009
marvelB

Quote:

As far as I recall, most of the people he killed tried to kill him first anyway (like that dude whose heart he ripped out early in the series), so I still wouldn't label him as one who murders indiscriminately. The only exception I can think of is that one poor fella he killed late in the hunter exams in order to disqualify himself from that tournament (but again, as it's been a long time since I've read the series in its entirety, perhaps someone else can remind me of any other innocent folks he murdered)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Still in Med School.

Not forever, though.

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-10-24 at 12:40.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 15:08   Link #1010
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as I recall, most of the people he killed tried to kill him first anyway (like that dude whose heart he ripped out early in the series), so I still wouldn't label him as one who murders indiscriminately. The only exception I can think of is that one poor fella he killed late in the hunter exams in order to disqualify himself from that tournament (but again, as it's been a long time since I've read the series in its entirety, perhaps someone else can remind me of any other innocent folks he murdered)......
After trying to get the ball from the chairman while on the airship between the 2nd and 3rd exams, he killed two guys who were in the hall. They were kind of rude to him, but they didn't actually attack him or anything. He was just relieving tension.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 11:09   Link #1011
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Probably another exaggeration about Alluka,i can't imagine what he could possibly have done(considering it's an assassin family)to be imprisoned forever....

And if he's so evil and bad and on top of that strong,how do they keep him inside ?

Anyways he's probably so strong that they're just scared to let him out,more or less.
It might be that Alluka enjoys killing and torturing his targets or has a completely indiscriminate sense of targets (i.e. even family and friends or more likely doesn't feel connected to anyone)? + he probably has some terrifying nen ability like maybe his victims are tortured for 1 million years before dying.

I might be wrong as it has been awhile since I've read the earlier chapters, but the Zeodyck family has never been shown to be sadistic or even that bloodthirsty. Yes, they have no qualms about killing people and may not always kill for good reasons, but they do not seem to gain enjoyment from it nor seek to prolong/torture the victims.

So, I would say there could be pretty feasible reasons. Or in more simplistic terms, maybe they just cannot control or restrain him. Therefore they say he is a monster and imprison him so that he doesn't kill them.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 15:20   Link #1012
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
It might be that Alluka enjoys killing and torturing his targets or has a completely indiscriminate sense of targets (i.e. even family and friends or more likely doesn't feel connected to anyone)? + he probably has some terrifying nen ability like maybe his victims are tortured for 1 million years before dying.

I might be wrong as it has been awhile since I've read the earlier chapters, but the Zeodyck family has never been shown to be sadistic or even that bloodthirsty. Yes, they have no qualms about killing people and may not always kill for good reasons, but they do not seem to gain enjoyment from it nor seek to prolong/torture the victims.

So, I would say there could be pretty feasible reasons. Or in more simplistic terms, maybe they just cannot control or restrain him. Therefore they say he is a monster and imprison him so that he doesn't kill them.
When the grandfather hit the Gun-gi girl with his dragon attack he says that it's the first time he's killed someone who wasn't a target. So killing for him is PURELY a job. He doesn't enjoy it at all and treats it very seriously. The other members of the family probably have varying levels of that philosophy with the exception of the crazy brother.
Old 2011-10-25, 15:57   Link #1013
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
When the grandfather hit the Gun-gi girl with his dragon attack he says that it's the first time he's killed someone who wasn't a target. So killing for him is PURELY a job. He doesn't enjoy it at all and treats it very seriously. The other members of the family probably have varying levels of that philosophy with the exception of the crazy brother.
What chapter was that in?
Old 2011-10-26, 04:36   Link #1014
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
What chapter was that in?
The ant arc
Komugi almost got whacked and the king and Netero go Goku/Vegeta style in search of a new battleground.
It's the chapter were Pitou tries to treat Komugi and Gon is suddenly all knowing about his surroundings.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 04:44   Link #1015
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
The ant arc
Komugi almost got whacked and the king and Netero go Goku/Vegeta style in search of a new battleground.
It's the chapter were Pitou tries to treat Komugi and Gon is suddenly all knowing about his surroundings.
Okay, my brain jump started, when you mention the blind girl and the whole chapters devoted to her healing.

Thanks~
Old 2011-10-26, 07:35   Link #1016
mrShady

No problem, it's easier to remember than the actual chapter number.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 08:03   Link #1017
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post

We'll have to wait and see for Alluka's abilities.I guess if even Illumi recognizes him as a threat(who is friends with Hisoka),I assume he is a major threat then,but i still get the feeling of exaggeration.
Old 2011-10-26, 11:23   Link #1018
marvelB

So the next spoiler summary is out (though this one is unconfirmed so far, so take with a grain of salt):

Spoiler:

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-10-26 at 16:12.
Old 2011-10-26, 14:36   Link #1019
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So, I really want to know: when did Killua learn all that? In GI, he didn't know Nen erasers even existed. Then there was the ant arc, with no intervening time. And now,

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-26, 16:11   Link #1020
marvelB

To follow up on the spoiler from my previous post:

Spoiler:

Tags
overpowered villain