AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-18, 15:53   Link #1001
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I was surprised that Croix allowed Chariot to take Akko and the Rod away. It seemed remarkably anti-climactic to me. What were all the obstacles for, then? Just to test Chariot's abilities? What if she had been killed? How would Croix explain that?
I think Croix outright said she was basically testing chariot to see how much her skills have waned. If Chariot was killed? well get rid of the evidence and just let everyone assume Ursula disappeared. Though since it was just a test, Croix was likely holding back

Croix likely got what she wanted out of Akko and the rod as she managed to collect data on both of them. The situation was not as desperate as chariot figured but that's likely because chariot does not understand Criox's high tech methods. Croix didn't need to keep the two of them, she just needed them for a few minutes to find out what makes them both tick. Croix likely wants to use the shiny rod herself, but she needs to understand how it works and that includes Akko who has been bringing out its power
Old 2017-04-18, 18:39   Link #1002
DemonneoPT

I just do not understood the reason why the ancient magic was sealed in Arcturus. I know it's power diminished over the time but why sealing it and making the use of magic even more restricted/weak? Was that the solution the 9 witches came up with to recharge the magic and making the ley lines great again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoS View Post
Am I the only one who thought Chariot was pretty hot in that tower fight?
Red head power at it's finest. Simply beautiful! Her moves were pretty good too taken into consideration that something happened to her in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I was surprised that Croix allowed Chariot to take Akko and the Rod away. It seemed remarkably anti-climactic to me. What were all the obstacles for, then? Just to test Chariot's abilities? What if she had been killed? How would Croix explain that?
I bet Croix will use the colected data to make an artificial magitech version of the Rod for her own use
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-18, 19:07   Link #1003
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
I just do not understood the reason why the ancient magic was sealed in Arcturus. I know it's power diminished over the time but why sealing it and making the use of magic even more restricted/weak? Was that the solution the 9 witches came up with to recharge the magic and making the ley lines great again?

Red head power at it's finest. Simply beautiful! Her moves were pretty good too taken into consideration that something happened to her in the past.

I bet Croix will use the colected data to make an artificial magitech version of the Rod for her own use
It was probably because magic was becoming more and more essential to the world, and witches threatened to be the one and only power. The nine witches sealed it away to prevent that to keep their own influence limited, and let humanity develop an alternative means besides magic to survive.
Old 2017-04-18, 20:05   Link #1004
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

HEY EVERYONE REMEMBER ME

This show has been a giant disappointment for me.

For a while I was content with how things were going, small steps here and there and an episodic nature to the show was fine. Now that we're actually ramping up with the plot I'm going to have to be honest, Akko as a protagonist is an utter failure. I mean that in an actual narrative sense, they've completely dropped the ball. I really don't feel like cheering for her at all because at this point she genuinely is selfish, clumsy fuck up. Developing her character would have made her a far less selfish, still clumsy, fuck up but now with a sense of humility. She hasn't gotten that at all. On top of which Diana is actually putting in work and getting things done. HELL, she had even rescinded her opinion on Akko, only for Akko to literally fuck things up and revert Diana's opinions back anyway.

Also, Akko as a messianic figure is a horrible idea. Chariot's reveal is an old novelty at this point. I'm not entirely sure I could stomach another 13 episodes of this show given its pace or possible change in narrative structure now.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-18, 20:29   Link #1005
Kazu-kun

Akko risks her dreams and life for the sake of others without hesitation. She risked it all to save some freaking fishes.

She's as far from selfish as it gets. She's pushy and a bit self-absorbed, that much is true. But she's not selfish
in the least. In fact, she has been praised for being selfless and altruistic.
Old 2017-04-18, 20:36   Link #1006
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Akko risks her dreams and life for the sake of others without hesitation. She risked it all to save some freaking fishes.

She's as far from selfish as it gets. She's pushy and a bit self-absorbed, that much is true. But she's not selfish
in the least. In fact, she has been praised for being selfless and altruistic.
I mean that only makes her character worse when she continues to be pushy and self absorbed, it goes against her supposedly not being selfish. I don't understand why that's still the case this far in.

Old 2017-04-18, 21:21   Link #1007
Kazu-kun

I don't think that's still the case though. Last time she got into trouble for the lulz was episode 10, when she decided to crash Andrew's party. That was stupid.

But her decision to try make Vajarois laugh was the right thing to do. She went against tradition, but it was necessary. Magic is meant to be used to make people happy, tradition be damned.

Same with her joining the strike. It might seem like a stupid move, but she explained her reasoning to Lotte and Sucy. Unlike the witches, the fairies literally need magic to live, and they're only getting 10%. There was no way Akko would just ignore them after hearing their side of the story. If that means Diana would have a negative opinion of her, so be it. Akko is done giving a damn about Diana's opinion.
Old 2017-04-18, 22:01   Link #1008
Master Chibi

Yeah I get that but it feels so forced and shoe horned into the character now just to benefit the whole literal saving the world schitck they threw at her. She's got a kind heart but she's STILL self absorbed, stupid (honestly), and really hasn't learned a thing, has she?

Old 2017-04-18, 23:26   Link #1009
Rimbo99

Akko has gone a long way from where she first started. The main problems she had was that she had a big ego and a fierce competitiveness.

The First Word. She excelled as she hasn't given up Hope. That kind of trait is admirable.

The Second Word took a long time as her ego continues to get in her way. Due to the number of failures that were piling up, its logical that part of her dies down. However with proper guidance by Ursula, she managed to take a better route for herself. The first trial she ever had actually tempts her to take the easy way but Akko didn't take it. This proves she has learned.

The Third Word directly links to Episode 10 as her competitiveness blinds her and finally seeing how much contribution Diana has done, that part gotten rid of. Akko's true goal was to make people happy and she did in Episode 13.

If there's one thing we know about Akko is that she has great determination and has developed a very strong moral compass.

You shouldn't compare Akko with any of the other Witches as so far Episode14 has already proven how selfish and incompetent they are. Diana herself fell into this pitfall as she tends to put the other Witches in a more favorable light without even seeing how clearly in the wrong they are. She may have stopped Fafnir from getting the school bankrupt but she should have expected some sort of retaliation or bad blood but she didn't. Also, she wanted to force the workers back into their duties which was exactly the reason why they started the strike in the first place. Overall, Diana can be a hypocrite.
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 03:08   Link #1010
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
I'm thinking that the ancient magic could restructure the world in many different ways; ya it could restore the magic of the world but it could also be abused and turn the world on its head. It was simply far too dangerous for just anyone to use. As someone else mentioned before, the nine olde' witches likely created the Shiny rod to be the key to unlock the power, but designed the rod in such a way that only someone of good heart could activate the shiny rod and unlock the ancient magic if it was ever needed. Reviving the seven words is basically a test to see if you are the kind of person who would use the ancient power for good
Old 2017-04-19, 17:01   Link #1011
ScrewySquirrel

Someone on 4chan dropped a few upcoming episode titles. Spoilered just in case.

Spoiler for Spoilers!!:

Spoiler for comment on above:
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 18:02   Link #1012
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbo99 View Post
~*Nine Realms snip*~
Seems a bit of a reach from just one screen on her magiPad that doesn't really look like a map of the Nine Realms. Looks more like the Sephirot to me, though even then, it's still missing some spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
Someone on 4chan dropped a few upcoming episode titles. Spoilered just in case.

Spoiler for Spoilers!!:
Eagerly awaiting Michiru Oshima's take on John Williams.
Old 2017-04-19, 22:36   Link #1013
akumaten

I have a feeling Croix had Ragyo as a roommate in the school of villainy.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 22:54   Link #1014
Kazu-kun

The show's character designer, Shuhei Handa, drew some illustrations of Akko and Diana in a sort of realistic look.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-04-20, 03:15   Link #1015
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Eagerly awaiting Michiru Oshima's take on John Williams.
Why do you think it's going to be Indiana Jones? Maybe it's Monthy Python .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 10:10   Link #1016
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Why do you think it's going to be Indiana Jones? Maybe it's Monthy Python .
Because Amanda is American, not British.
Old 2017-04-21, 05:42   Link #1017
bastek66

Images
Few preview pics from next episode
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-04-21, 07:02   Link #1018
Rimbo99

Episode 17 Predictions

Predictions for the Episode:
- Akko informed her friends of her mission to revive the 7 Words. The three went to Ursula who tells them of their first task. They go to Finland.

- Meanwhile, Croix tries to drill into the Leylines to collect more magic and a flashback occurs revealing their tasks justl ike Akko and co were doing.

- Arriving, Lotte shows her friends a place to stay. They see Lotte's big father and youthful mother.

- Everyone is having a great time until things get dire. The magic surrounding the area is getting depleted and Lotte notices that as well as something she cherished is fading away leading her to cry. Akko and Sucy have Lotte's back and together find a way to restore it.

- Akko search for a Philosiphers Stone but everyone refused to give theirs away. Allow disheartened until Akko unlocked the fourth word resulting the Shiny Rod to create a Philosspher Stone for Lotte and her family to use.
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 09:35   Link #1019
ScrewySquirrel

interetsing bits of reverse continuity we've seen in Eps 6, 12, and 15.

In Ep 6, we see Chariot get the Power of the Stars from the Big Dipper
In 12. We see her learn Arae Aryrhea, and we know she won Moonlit Witch with her impressive transformations and fireworks
in Episode 15 we see Chariot gets the Shiny Rod in Arcturus Forest, and that Croix cannot touch the rod.
and in 16 it looks like we see a flashback of Croix and Chariot lerning the purpose of Shiny Rod

so the Flashback events are in more or less reverse order: 16-15-12-6. (though the first part of the 6 flashback are well before the other events)
12 and 6 in particular are likely on the same night: Chariot learns Arae Aryrhea, shows off to Croix ("Laugh with me") becomes moonlit witch and returns that very night to the fountain of polaris and receives its power

just as important: The words can be unlocked in any order.

When Chariots goes to polaris and is granted its power, only one word is unlocked: #3

Last edited by ScrewySquirrel; 2017-04-21 at 09:57.
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 10:35   Link #1020
Kurohane

So next episode is when Akko "leaves" Luna Nova as the Diana's prediction stated?

Tags
magic school, slice of life