AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 12:19   Link #1021
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
I hope that when you wrote about it having a classical feel, you weren't referring to the style used in Classical music because Kure-nai's soundtrack is anything but. Just because there's a lot of piano music doesn't make it classical and based on the style of most of the pieces, I'd place it more along jazz blended with traditional Japanese music because there's a lot more of the syncopation, blues-type pieces, and generally more chaos than the structured music from the Classical, or even Romantic eras.

That is, unless you're listening to different Classical composers than I am.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:41   Link #1022
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
I hope that when you wrote about it having a classical feel, you weren't referring to the style used in Classical music because Kure-nai's soundtrack is anything but. Just because there's a lot of piano music doesn't make it classical and based on the style of most of the pieces, I'd place it more along jazz blended with traditional Japanese music because there's a lot more of the syncopation, blues-type pieces, and generally more chaos than the structured music from the Classical, or even Romantic eras.

That is, unless you're listening to different Classical composers than I am.
Oh god I knew this would happen.
I am aware that "A Piano does not equal classical music".
It was just a classical feel, I don't know why. The music just creates an atmosphere that gives me feelings of an older time period that I did not live through. It just feels that way okay?

I do love music. But I know next to nothing on the technical aspects. Please forgive that.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 07:40   Link #1023
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
Good stuff

What the hell? The first 3/4 of your post was all about "HEY SHINKUROU'S A BITCH" yellin' and bashin' then you suddenly praise the series? Whatever you are smoking, that sure works wonders.

Kids, this is how NOT a constructive criticism should be.
ZzZz >.> The whole point is that I want you to imagine some crazy guy shouting it, not that I do, but it's better than "I humbly think Shinkurou needs to take more initiative" which is like, kay.

I'm not being constructive btw, I'm combining trolling with insight. Insight alone gets boring, because disagreements will always happen and nothing comes out of it. This is the internet. Find me ten posts every day for a week on this forum where someone can convince another person in a reasonable matter over a discussed topic (not something concerning facts, an example would be someone magically convincing a Shin-lover that Kira isn't a complete asshole in Gundam Seed Destiny, yeah good luck with that). You probably can't. Most of the posts I remember have something really funny/trollish stuck to them, so that's how I like to make mine. If mine sucks, well, that's my own fault, but hey, I'm not sure the stuff I laugh at are as enjoyable to you folks either right?

I also like how you somehow manage to sum up my giant TLDR posts with a simple statement as YOU BITCH ABOUT SHINKUROU THEN SAY THIS SERIES IS GOOD? Do you acknowledge any specific statements I made? Like, say how they completely avoided guns in this series even though there was one in an episode? Or how the Kuhouin's power in society is too unrealistic for their intellect? No, you did not. All you did was find the bulk of my troll, compress it, and shipped it out to /rs/.

Quote:
In the first place, it's not very pleasing to the eye, I hate wall of texts =_=... And the more I skim across it and read points here and there, the more I get the feeling that I shouldn't take it serious at all
Here's the thing. I'm not someone who F5s 24/7 over one thread. But I am someone who's nerdy enough to read a bit of the thread and have my own thoughts. Unlike some people who either just read it all then give one one paragraph of opinion (How people manage to pass high school English is beyond me if that's how much content there is over 100+ pages) that most likely sparks less than 2 seconds of thought, or the people who keeps spamming replies, I like to reply to all the interesting posts all at once. I use it like an exercise for thought (it might not be as academic/traditional as essays, but hey, I'm being resourceful) while at the same time just playing around. I don't expect anyone to take me seriously. In fact, I pray you get a kick out of it if anything. I highly doubt pro wrestlers want you to believe they are superheroes who can take rambo like injuries, but I'm sure they have fun doing it.

Quote:
I really liked the lack of horn appearence; its absence was very apparent, and Shinkerou not using it in the apartment fight a real surprise. He swore never to use the horn, so it didn't seem stupid to me.
I'm not saying the scene was completely bad. Either way, appear or not appear, it would've been okay. But swearing not to use the horn doesn't mean squat, since he ended up using it anyway, and more than once in this series. I mean, I do like how he deals with it, but I don't like how they introduced a supernatural element and not address it before wrapping up the series. I'm pretty sure the anime didn't follow the manga exactly, so I don't see a problem at least addressing it. Leaving open ended things doesn't make a series great if there isn't going to be a sequel. The point is, I like how he was determined not to use the horn, but I didn't like how the apartment scene didn't address any desire to use it. It made the scene seem like the girl wasn't important enough to him, while Benika's near death was or when he was brawling that one time. They should have gave a few seconds to show himself fighting his urges.

Quote:
but Murasaki's father had some rock-solid presence, and real decisions to make throughout the show despite his lack of activity.
=] I can agree on this, but I'm greedy and wanted more. Like you said though, the rest of the villains were just bleh.

Quote:
I don't know if anyone's commented on this. But has anyone thought about how dangerous the state of the world is in Kure-nai?
This is the only person so far that actually has a legitimate reason to hurt my complaints. And he didn't even intend it.

Quote:
you make a good point pinky but you miss the other 9....
(and this is coming from a fellow pinky)
I may be bad at coherence =] but if you can't understand each part and won't even make specific examples, you are failing English just as much as the rest of the people here along with me. There were some crazy Toradora posts in the manga section, those people can make posts that matter.

TLDR har har short version : I'm nitpicky and I don't expect you to take me seriously =] however, most of you who reply to my threads like so should realize that most of your posts don't matter much either, since you just state stuff that's really obvious or non thought provoking. I'm just being the guy who makes a giant post on the .5 point that's lacking in a 9.5 star movie.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 10:00   Link #1024
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
ZzZz >.> The whole point is that I want you to imagine some crazy guy shouting it, not that I do, but it's better than "I humbly think Shinkurou needs to take more initiative" which is like, kay.

I'm not being constructive btw, I'm combining trolling with insight. Insight alone gets boring, because disagreements will always happen and nothing comes out of it. This is the internet. Find me ten posts every day for a week on this forum where someone can convince another person in a reasonable matter over a discussed topic (not something concerning facts, an example would be someone magically convincing a Shin-lover that Kira isn't a complete asshole in Gundam Seed Destiny, yeah good luck with that). You probably can't. Most of the posts I remember have something really funny/trollish stuck to them, so that's how I like to make mine. If mine sucks, well, that's my own fault, but hey, I'm not sure the stuff I laugh at are as enjoyable to you folks either right?

I also like how you somehow manage to sum up my giant TLDR posts with a simple statement as YOU BITCH ABOUT SHINKUROU THEN SAY THIS SERIES IS GOOD? Do you acknowledge any specific statements I made? Like, say how they completely avoided guns in this series even though there was one in an episode? Or how the Kuhouin's power in society is too unrealistic for their intellect? No, you did not. All you did was find the bulk of my troll, compress it, and shipped it out to /rs/.

Here's the thing. I'm not someone who F5s 24/7 over one thread. But I am someone who's nerdy enough to read a bit of the thread and have my own thoughts. Unlike some people who either just read it all then give one one paragraph of opinion (How people manage to pass high school English is beyond me if that's how much content there is over 100+ pages) that most likely sparks less than 2 seconds of thought, or the people who keeps spamming replies, I like to reply to all the interesting posts all at once. I use it like an exercise for thought (it might not be as academic/traditional as essays, but hey, I'm being resourceful) while at the same time just playing around. I don't expect anyone to take me seriously. In fact, I pray you get a kick out of it if anything. I highly doubt pro wrestlers want you to believe they are superheroes who can take rambo like injuries, but I'm sure they have fun doing it.

I'm not saying the scene was completely bad. Either way, appear or not appear, it would've been okay. But swearing not to use the horn doesn't mean squat, since he ended up using it anyway, and more than once in this series. I mean, I do like how he deals with it, but I don't like how they introduced a supernatural element and not address it before wrapping up the series. I'm pretty sure the anime didn't follow the manga exactly, so I don't see a problem at least addressing it. Leaving open ended things doesn't make a series great if there isn't going to be a sequel. The point is, I like how he was determined not to use the horn, but I didn't like how the apartment scene didn't address any desire to use it. It made the scene seem like the girl wasn't important enough to him, while Benika's near death was or when he was brawling that one time. They should have gave a few seconds to show himself fighting his urges.

=] I can agree on this, but I'm greedy and wanted more. Like you said though, the rest of the villains were just bleh.

This is the only person so far that actually has a legitimate reason to hurt my complaints. And he didn't even intend it.

I may be bad at coherence =] but if you can't understand each part and won't even make specific examples, you are failing English just as much as the rest of the people here along with me. There were some crazy Toradora posts in the manga section, those people can make posts that matter.

TLDR har har short version : I'm nitpicky and I don't expect you to take me seriously =] however, most of you who reply to my threads like so should realize that most of your posts don't matter much either, since you just state stuff that's really obvious or non thought provoking. I'm just being the guy who makes a giant post on the .5 point that's lacking in a 9.5 star movie.
Go for it brother, make a stand and be proud life and word nazis will come along to steal your soap box(and pride and dreams) soon enough ^_~

I can be very nit picky too but I only start in when the show fails to keep me entertained..or I know is horrid like the coming Dragon ball live action movie..... I duo where to slot it into the "so bad never watch it" or "its so bad its funny to watch it" category 0-o
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 22:26   Link #1025
Skids41

Stupid question but i was just wondering if there are english (translated) version of the kure-nai novels not the manga. Thanks
Skids41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 03:36   Link #1026
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
But swearing not to use the horn doesn't mean squat, since he ended up using it anyway, and more than once in this series. I mean, I do like how he deals with it, but I don't like how they introduced a supernatural element and not address it before wrapping up the series. I'm pretty sure the anime didn't follow the manga exactly, so I don't see a problem at least addressing it. Leaving open ended things doesn't make a series great if there isn't going to be a sequel. The point is, I like how he was determined not to use the horn, but I didn't like how the apartment scene didn't address any desire to use it. It made the scene seem like the girl wasn't important enough to him, while Benika's near death was or when he was brawling that one time. They should have gave a few seconds to show himself fighting his urges.
Possibly, but that scene was really focused on Murasaki leaving, I'd be very cautious about taking away from that. Given the safe assumption Shinkurou does care about Murasaki, we can interpret the scene in light of later dialogue as involving a real struggle on Shinkerou's part not to use the horn. This 'interpretation' can become 'making up excuses', but if a show builds a world you care about, it's a natural reaction to preserve that world.

By the way, if Murasaki had been physically hurt at any point by Renjou and his men, given the previous contexts where he flipped, Shinkerou would have flipped.

Quote:
I don't really see why that's necessary. I think some replies to this set of post may have been terse because the general tone implies a poster who doesn't want to listen to the opinions of others. Still have to admit, it really got this forum going again though.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 21:50   Link #1027
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Im glad i found this anime... watched too many already and coudnt find interesting ones for a while. Im currently at ep 6 (the play..it has been a while since i last laughed so much ... ) and i got to admit this anime is really interesting. Unique characters and personalities and original plot. Murasaki is definitly the most adorable girl out there. Cant help to feel sorry for her everytime she finds out something new in the world like how to say "thank you" or when she tried to make those guys return the seat to the old lady....
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 00:23   Link #1028
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Just finished the last episode and this show is definitly within my top 5 favorite animes. That last fight when Kurenai snapped and let the blade out was awasome...

The whole story and the inner sanctury thing is just too wicked and disgusting but the truth is that those things actually happen in the real world... and in far worse situations.

At first i wasnt sure why i was so attracted to Murasaki's character... yea she was cute, adorable but those are common in animes. Now that i finishied it and after thinking a bit, i think it was that deep down while watching Murasaki i was comparing it with the real world. Something that lively and full of life being dragged into darkness.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 20:39   Link #1029
Miraploy

I loved this show. Did anyone ever translate the lightnovels?
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 23:51   Link #1030
Man0warr

Havn't been translated yet, i'd assume if anyone does it eventually it will be Baka-Tsuki
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 23:54   Link #1031
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductIn...duct_id/106016
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 17:41   Link #1032
attobyte

A good serie. Only the conclusive yet open end got me to think, up to what point in the novels the anime got to ?
Is it finished or there is a chance for a second sesson ?
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 18:58   Link #1033
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
A good serie. Only the conclusive yet open end got me to think, up to what point in the novels the anime got to ?
Is it finished or there is a chance for a second sesson ?
The anime has completed the first novel... Only.

There are four volumes in total, covering 3 stories.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 20:34   Link #1034
yjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
That is so wrong.
yjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 21:17   Link #1035
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The anime has completed the first novel... Only.

There are four volumes in total, covering 3 stories.
:O Whoa. Only the first novel? Dang.

There needs to be another season. xD -shot-

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 23:51   Link #1036
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
:O Whoa. Only the first novel? Dang.

There needs to be another season. xD -shot-
I agree, but I'm also worry how they might go about doing it...
Old 2008-10-14, 00:21   Link #1037
SnEptUne

Yes. Great series. It has been a while since I watched any anime that reflects the dark side of the capitalistic world. Like in real life, customs, traditions, society, and ignorances are the real villians, not your stereotypical mental retards.

Also unlike many other animes, the villians did not get "punished" for being ignorance/greedy, which is much more realistic and mature. No matter how argry you are with someone, you would still refraint from murdering like how Benika prevented Shinkurou from doing so. So far, the only death is the lady who tried to stab that crazy woman, which further reinforces the message that violence will only create more violences, and that might isn't right. Granted, like in real world, if you have no power, you basically have no right either, but having power should not make someone right.

Last edited by SnEptUne; 2008-10-14 at 00:35.
SnEptUne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 09:15   Link #1038
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Murasaki as a sex object

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjs View Post
That is so wrong.
I refrained from making the same remark when I saw that item because I figured I'd be written off as a elderly prude. Thanks for enunciating my thoughts on the matter.

The degree to which this show is wrongly accused of being loli really annoys me. It's as though any show that includes a young girl as a character automatically makes her a sex object. I saw the bathing scenes as almost anti-loli in their innocence. I wonder how the manga-ka and the artistic side of the house feel about the commercial side licensing items like this one.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-10-14 at 10:01.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 09:47   Link #1039
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

You're right, it's horrible... She doesn't even look good in that one !

Honestly, why did the anime have to go and change the characters' design... Sigh...
Old 2009-03-18, 10:32   Link #1040
usagijen

Hm, I wonder if it's proper for me to randomly pop up here and pimp something XD Oh well, I'd want more people to know about this anyways, so I guess it won't hurt.

I know there's been discussions here and there about the novel and anime differences, but I still decided to push through with this post (or series of posts) I've been planning on doing sometime ago, basically pointing out the differences between the anime and the novel, just so people would know what they're missing out on in the novel.

Just posted Part 1, covering the Train Scene incident, Yuuno and Murasaki's supposedly first meeting, etc. Hopefully I'll be able to continue this till the end of the 1st novel, what the anime covered.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen