AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-10-03, 18:23   Link #1021
Vitne Eveille

Yeah I got a used one and the original owner hadn't factory reset it, so I was playing on it a bit with his account before I realized, and then it wouldn't let me login to my own, lol.

-my official website & blog-
-download my new EP (free)- ♫♫
Vitne Eveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 00:50   Link #1022
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Yes i read about the system reset. Such a bummer.

Btw, already registered an asian account. It uses HK$ prepaid cards right?
Old 2014-10-06, 22:56   Link #1023
Nerroth
NePoi!

Every so often while using the Vita web browser, a cursor would appear on the screen. I hadn't been sure if this was a bug or something, not least since SCEA's own online instructions don't say anything about it.

So, I decided to run a Google search on it - and it turns out that you can bring the cursor up (and make it go away again) by using the Square button. (This makes it easier to navigate web pages with menu options that appear when you hover over them.) The same option works in the email app, too.

I admit to be somewhat annoyed at myself for not having registered this earlier...
Old 2014-10-07, 14:50   Link #1024
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Every so often while using the Vita web browser, a cursor would appear on the screen. I hadn't been sure if this was a bug or something, not least since SCEA's own online instructions don't say anything about it.

So, I decided to run a Google search on it - and it turns out that you can bring the cursor up (and make it go away again) by using the Square button. (This makes it easier to navigate web pages with menu options that appear when you hover over them.) The same option works in the email app, too.

I admit to be somewhat annoyed at myself for not having registered this earlier...
Nice. Didn't know that. There's also another trick to the browser: if you hold one of the triggers and put a finger on the screen you'll see a large pointer to help you hit smaller targets like inline links.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-10-15, 15:01   Link #1025
Nerroth
NePoi!

Now that the PSTV is out in North America, are there any thoughts here on how it works so far?

(The SCEA rep in the linked article's comments section has been taking notes on various game compatibility issues - which includes games that are known to work on the Japanese Vita TV. Hopefully they'll work things out for those games in the near-to-mid future.)
Old 2014-10-23, 03:54   Link #1026
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
It works fine and all... unfortunately it's plagued with HDCP... that I did not realize.
Old 2014-10-23, 04:13   Link #1027
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

Now that the PSTV is out in North America, are there any thoughts here on how it works so far?

(The SCEA rep in the linked article's comments section has been taking notes on various game compatibility issues - which includes games that are known to work on the Japanese Vita TV. Hopefully they'll work things out for those games in the near-to-mid future.)
When it works, it's pretty great. The problem is you buying a device and you don't know if the upcoming games will work on it or not. The compatible list between Japan and NA are different. Even XSEED didn't know Senran Kagura work on PS TV when they released the game, and it took them by surprise when they hear a report that someone was playing on the PS TV. In short, which games are compatible depends almost completely on Sony's hand.
Old 2014-11-15, 21:16   Link #1028
Dextro
He Without a Title

I just got my Vita Playstation TV today and I'm still surprised by how small the thing is. The HDMI cable looks absolutely massive plugged into the console. It's bordering on the ridiculous

Btw does anyone know if Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (EU) works with the Vita TV? The store gives me a warning that the game is incompatible so I'm guessing that, unlike the JP version, we europeans are getting the short end of the stick. Same thing with SAO I suppose...
Old 2014-11-15, 21:44   Link #1029
Nerroth
NePoi!

I've heard that some games need to be launched (and have their Live Area screens refreshed) a couple of times before they start working.

That said, I don't have a PSTV myself, so I can't speak to how well (or not) that works personally.
Old 2014-11-16, 13:09   Link #1030
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I've heard that some games need to be launched (and have their Live Area screens refreshed) a couple of times before they start working.

That said, I don't have a PSTV myself, so I can't speak to how well (or not) that works personally.
I tried it and it's a no apparently. The system complains that it isn't compatible and that's it. Maybe an update will come eventually.
Old 2014-12-07, 22:03   Link #1031
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Suikoden I and II coming to PS3 and Vita December 9th.
Source: http://rpgfan.com/news/2014/2311.html

comments: nice. hope they'll also bring Suikoden 5 to the vita/ps3 as well soon; I haven't
play that game yet out of all the suikoden games (Suikoden 1-4+that tactic game).

*prays the cats & dogs Konami brings Suikoden 5 to the vita*
Old 2014-12-07, 23:17   Link #1032
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That's some cool news. I've only played a couple of the Suikoden games that made it onto the PS2. So I'll be glad to check these older ones out.
Old 2014-12-08, 01:57   Link #1033
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Games that are coming to Vita
  • The Banner Saga for PS Vita (Versus Evil)
  • Bastion for PS4, PS Vita (Supergiant Games)
  • Broken Age for PS4, PS Vita (Double Fine Productions)
  • Darkest Dungeon for PS4, PS Vita (Red Hook Studios)
  • Day of the Tentacle Special Edition for PS4, PS Vita, PC, Mac, Linux (Double Fine Productions)
  • Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions for PS Vita (Sierra Games)
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch for PS Vita (Young Horses)
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2 for PS Vita (Capcom)
  • Severed for PS Vita (Yacht Club)
  • Shovel Knight for PS4, PS3, PS Vita (Yacht Club)
  • Skytorn for PS4 (IndieHouse)
  • Suikoden and Suikoden II for PSone Classics (Konami)
  • Super Time Force Ultra for PS4, PS Vita (Capybara Games)
  • Towerfall: Ascension for PS Vita (Matt Thorson)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 08:21   Link #1034
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana Futayo View Post
Question regarding regional DLCs. Pardon, I'm still new

Say I have an R3 game. Do I really need to use an asia PSN account to download its DLC?
Actually, you don't need an Asian PSN account to get the DLC. Trust me, I know: because I'm a new Vita owner

You see, I bought the R3 Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition with Artbook and soundtrack, sure I would have preferred to have it R1, but that artbook

Anyways, my Vita didn't arrive till a few weeks ago. But during the last week of November, they released special DLC for Senran Kagura, which was on the US PSN store. So, since people have been saying the Vita is region free, I figured I'd create a US account and get the DLC ahead of time. I also snagged the free pantsu DLC while I was at it

Long story short, when I finally get my Vita, I pop the game in, oh wow I can go straight to the DLC store, and then..... there's only 1 piece of DLC on there. It accessed the R3 store lol. So what about all the GLORIOUS PANTSU DLC that I got? Nobody says no to free pantsu, so I went to the PSN store (on my Vita I linked the US PSN account), and then, there it is, the DLC is in my download list. Thinking what do I have to lose, I download all the free pantsu DLC in my download list. Once I was done, I fire up the game once again, and it installs the R1 DLC! I confirmed everything works as it should, so in the end I had to access the DLC via the PSN store, not the game's DLC menu.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 12:40   Link #1035
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That's weird, but I'm quite sure you need matching region account to access DLC. I missed a bunch of JP games DLC because I couldn't access JP store on my US account.
Old 2014-12-09, 16:19   Link #1036
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Actually, you don't need an Asian PSN account to get the DLC. Trust me, I know: because I'm a new Vita owner

You see, I bought the R3 Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition with Artbook and soundtrack, sure I would have preferred to have it R1, but that artbook

Anyways, my Vita didn't arrive till a few weeks ago. But during the last week of November, they released special DLC for Senran Kagura, which was on the US PSN store. So, since people have been saying the Vita is region free, I figured I'd create a US account and get the DLC ahead of time. I also snagged the free pantsu DLC while I was at it

Long story short, when I finally get my Vita, I pop the game in, oh wow I can go straight to the DLC store, and then..... there's only 1 piece of DLC on there. It accessed the R3 store lol. So what about all the GLORIOUS PANTSU DLC that I got? Nobody says no to free pantsu, so I went to the PSN store (on my Vita I linked the US PSN account), and then, there it is, the DLC is in my download list. Thinking what do I have to lose, I download all the free pantsu DLC in my download list. Once I was done, I fire up the game once again, and it installs the R1 DLC! I confirmed everything works as it should, so in the end I had to access the DLC via the PSN store, not the game's DLC menu.
That's very game specific. Usually you just get an error message about not having any content when you try to access the DLC list inside a game from a different region.
Old 2014-12-11, 09:46   Link #1037
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That's weird, but I'm quite sure you need matching region account to access DLC. I missed a bunch of JP games DLC because I couldn't access JP store on my US account.
Ah, I'm only referring to multi-region releases. If it's a JP only game, I'm sure you'll need a JP PSN account to get said DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That's very game specific. Usually you just get an error message about not having any content when you try to access the DLC list inside a game from a different region.
That's... kind of what I said, right? This is what I see in the in-game DLC store for Senran Kagura R3 version:

No pantsu, no hairstyles, no character DLC, just... that. What I had to do was close the game, go straight into the PSN store which is my USA account, and download the free DLC onto the Vita. Once they were downloaded, I fired the game up again and voila, free pantsu:
Images
pantsu
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 16:10   Link #1038
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Ah, I'm only referring to multi-region releases. If it's a JP only game, I'm sure you'll need a JP PSN account to get said DLC.

That's... kind of what I said, right? This is what I see in the in-game DLC store for Senran Kagura R3 version:

No pantsu, no hairstyles, no character DLC, just... that. What I had to do was close the game, go straight into the PSN store which is my USA account, and download the free DLC onto the Vita. Once they were downloaded, I fired the game up again and voila, free pantsu:
Images
pantsu
That popup DLC store isn't even updated right for games of the right region so I'm not suprised

Project DIVA f 2nd just got it's first batch of DLC in europe and guess what: that popup doesn't list them, search on the web interface doesn't find them and the recents listing on the PS Store App on the Vita doesn't have them. They do however show up on a device search.

I love it that Sony's software team incompetence puts so much crap in between users and the content they want to buy. :/
Old 2014-12-12, 02:33   Link #1039
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Does anyone know what the Vita's equivalent of TouchPad on the Dualshock 4 when remote playing?
Old 2014-12-15, 21:22   Link #1040
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Steins Gate PS Vita and PS3 coming 2015.

That's some megaton right here.

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv