AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-14, 07:27   Link #10421
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
While he promised himself to not do that IIRC. >_> Je ne suis aussi confiante que toi

Et pour domenech, c'est un idiot notoire -_________-
indeed I thought Nunnally was the one person he would never lie to

I don't see anything wrong with the C.C lulu moment in this episode....just some comforting and nice words. And did I see that wrong or did C.C make a weird smile?
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:27   Link #10422
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
Ai shiteru (愛してる) is also used for family and people extremely close. Kind of like, the difference between j'aime and j'adore...
Making a short, very short list of examples where the term of "ai" was used in the Animangaverse....(I can't remember much...)

1. In Sailor Stars, Mamoru said "Aishiteru" to Usagi when giving her the ring~
2. In Gundam Wing, Noin, when asked by Relena if she liked (suki) her brother Zechs, simply replied "Hai, aishiteimasu" ます形
3. During several hentai scenes of Tsuki no Hikari, Taiyou no Kage, a N18 otome game.
4. When Oshihito from Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 4 was dying after using his cursed Katana, he confessed "Aishiteita"(past tense) to Chihiro.

Strange that before Lelouch saying that to Nunnally, I never knew that Aishiteru could be used between siblings, there was even a fan-manga cracking about this, with Nunnally scorning "How could you say that to your own sister?!" .
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:27   Link #10423
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well, it's unusual and pretty strange since it's more commonly used in a romantic sense, but some people like to cross that boundary. It's as if to make a statement about how profound their love is...

I mean, really, siblings in anime/manga say 愛してる to each other so often that I just dismiss it now.
Not that I don't trust you but some people were clear many times about this, like in this post: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...es#post1889209

So can you give us some examples?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:29   Link #10424
pilipok
pizza lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
Just some usual comfort scene Wow now I'm starting to hate C.C fans.
sorry if i offended any1 .. dun hate C.Cfans..
probably the bgm make it more lovely than normal to me
pilipok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:29   Link #10425
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Strange that before Lelouch saying that to Nunnally, I never knew that Aishiteru could be used between siblings, there was even a fan-manga cracking about this, with Nunnally scowling "How could you say that to your own sister?!" .
As I said it, some people said that it's between spouses and lovers, even cupahe IIRC.
Old 2008-09-14, 07:32   Link #10426
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
As I said it, some people said that it's between spouses and lovers, even cupahe IIRC.
And you have to be VERY close, since most Animanga couples are dismissed with "Suki da" or "Daisuki".
Old 2008-09-14, 07:32   Link #10427
Sinn
Pwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilipok View Post
sorry if i offended any1 .. dun hate C.Cfans..
probably the bgm make it more lovely than normal to me
Yeah thats a really nice bgm actually,it seems like any girl being with Lelouch had their personal BGM, I think.
Old 2008-09-14, 07:34   Link #10428
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
It's Innocent Days. I associate that song with death and seperation, because of how sad it sounds and how it was used for Euphy's death.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:35   Link #10429
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Quote:
Off the top of my head, in Full Metal Alchemist, Scar used it when talking about his brother. It's 5:30am, so I'll try to think of other examples once I get some sleep...

Just to note, even between spouses and lovers, it can be really weird. (lol, yes, I'm contradicting myself, but I -did- say that it was strange!)

When I studied the term, my Japanese friends told me that they'd cringe whenever they heard it. Thus, 'suki' and 'daisuki' are used more often than 'aishiteru'. And even then, the degree of 'suki' (like vs. love vs. really love) is all about context.
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:43   Link #10430
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Well, something to remember is that Japanese is a very regional language too, sorta similar to German in that respect. In some dialects certain terms have slightly different meanings or connotations depending on the speaker. So I suppose it depends on which lens through which is the term Aishiteru being spoken/observed?
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:44   Link #10431
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Heh, no worries Narona. I can't blame you since the internet is filled with lots of wrong information...

Anyway, back on topic!

I'm hoping for some extreme Kallen badassery next episode. If she manages to confront Lelouch, there's gotta be some epic screentime in store for her!

(edit: heh, my 100th post and it's in the Kallen thread. Go figure! *waves support flag*)
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:46   Link #10432
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Heh, no worries Narona. I can't blame you since the internet is filled with lots of wrong information...

Anyway, back on topic!

I'm hoping for some extreme Kallen badassery next episode. If she manages to confront Lelouch, there's gotta be some epic screentime in store for her!
Don' get me wrong too! I'm a pro CxL fan and I would prefer if aishiteru was not used for intense love. That's why i fear kallen's gum line so much

And I could be wrong and my message wa snot nice, that's why I deleted it for now
Old 2008-09-14, 07:49   Link #10433
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Don' get me wrong too! I'm a pro CxL fan and I would prefer if aishiteru was not used for intense love. That's why i fear kallen's gum line so much

And I could be wrong and my message wa snot nice, that's why I deleted it for now
I've found a blog entry about the Japanese usage of Aishiteru~
http://blog.livedoor.jp/fairypot/archives/51359903.html

I'll try to translate a little bit~

・スキはloveの意味もあるんだよ。アイシテルは妻や子供みたいに唯一無二の大事なものに使う。

It says that Suki already contains the meaning of romantic love, and Aishiteru should be used for the one and only important person, it could be your wife(spouse), your child etc.
Old 2008-09-14, 07:53   Link #10434
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
did you notice that when gino told kallen he understands how she feels after she asks him if he's ok with fighting aginst britannia
she gives this look like she wasnt thinking about her being half japanese and have britannian
but rather that her feelings of being unsure about her place in all of this was about something else
Old 2008-09-14, 07:55   Link #10435
sandykins

It's actually refreshing to see Kallen turn against Lelouch despite harboring romantic feelings for him. She's putting her "ideals" or what she believes to be her duty (to stop him) over her feelings and opposing the very one she loves because she thinks he's going down the wrong path (as expected of a soldier in a war).

Of course, she's not really aware of Lelouch's true intentions having been left out of his plan, so it's only normal to see her react that way. She'll probably learn about them at some crucial decisive moment next turn.
sandykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 08:19   Link #10436
pilipok
pizza lover

hmm somehw i think between kallen and lelouch the thin thread of connection or fate that hold them together is been broken even since 22
where after kallen kissed lelouch and walk away
where lelouch jus say sayonara and no reply from kallen[ either too soft or wat ]
similiarly when zero lied abt kallen being his elite pawn
kallen said sayonara to lelouch leaving him to die
btw sayonara is for serious goodbye . long term kind like a fullstop at the end of a sentence
unlike ja nna or ja mata..
pilipok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 08:26   Link #10437
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilipok View Post
btw sayonara is for serious goodbye . long term kind like a fullstop at the end of a sentence
unlike ja nna or ja mata..
Well, mata ne or Ja ne literally means "see you again", whereas "saraba" or "Sayonara are more closer to "farewell" as such. Though those doesn't necressarilly imply eternal separation as such either - even saraba or sayonara can be used in surpisingly normal situations as well
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 08:36   Link #10438
lovecakecookies

Way to go Taniguchi, there is going to be soo much Kallen hate now..."OMG she is trying to kill Lulu"...sigh... I really dont know where they are taking her character.. I kinda don't want her to just suddenly decide to side with Lulu either.. it would be too random, considering her actions now...I guess her "essential role" is really try to kill Lulu...
Old 2008-09-14, 08:37   Link #10439
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Way to go Taniguchi, there is going to be soo much Kallen hate now..."OMG she is trying to kill Lulu"...sigh... I really dont know where they are taking her character.. I kinda don't want her to just suddenly decide to side with Lulu either.. it would be too random, considering her actions now...I guess her "essential role" is really try to kill Lulu...
Judging from this thread seems like there is more Lulu hate
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 08:38   Link #10440
kenshinkid
"Phenomenal" Parody God
*Author

I'm rly lookin forward to Lelouch pissing his pants off and saying I love you to Kallen only to have Kallen deliver her gum line