Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-07, 18:35   Link #10441
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Ah, sorry. Was just trying to make a stupid joke and have now ended up with my foot in my mouth, as usual. I really should stop trying.

Anyway, does anyone know if there are any tank-related sights to see in New York City? I am there for the weekend and looking for more things to do (and am coincidentally missing the equipment sale, yay).
No worries. I obviously knew you were joking and I was just going on with where the conversation took me without necessarily linking it to what's being said previously.

It's possible that you run into some events on veteran's day. I don't think NYC actually has tank museums though.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 18:45   Link #10442
Gravitas Free Zone

There's the Intrepid Sea Air Space Museum, which is mostly planes and the Space Shuttle Enterprise, but I think there is a T-55 lurking around there.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 20:53   Link #10443
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
A lot of T1 Cunninghams. I suppose some people are training crews for Team Battles... such as it is.
*sneezes* Somebody must be talking about me. Oh well back to grinding and training.

There`s tankmasters series in Philippines and whoa 4 PVP teams is in the finalist.

Just to let you guys know, PVP is one of the best clans in Asia server because of their teamwork, comms w/mic and coordination. They own 5 provinces in global map and has 5040 gold income. They have strict requirements(for applicants and those who are interested) and standards.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 00:00   Link #10444
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
And I think it's rather sad that I'm gonna lose my convention-virginity to a science convention and not an anime one. And yes I have never been to an anime convention despite how much I love anime, because I can't deal with all that social stress.
Sci-Fi/comic book conventions made me the manly man I am today (although, those were all in the 80s:P). Strictly anime conventions are a relatively new thing. Back then, if you wanted anime related stuff, you went to the sci-fi/comic book conventions.

Expect to see me in the game sometime this weekend.

Endless "Manly" Soul
Old 2013-11-08, 01:10   Link #10445
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Sci-Fi/comic book conventions made me the manly man I am today (although, those were all in the 80s:P). Strictly anime conventions are a relatively new thing. Back then, if you wanted anime related stuff, you went to the sci-fi/comic book conventions.

Expect to see me in the game sometime this weekend.

Endless "Manly" Soul
Yeah I guess anime cons outside of Japan are probably not poisonous enough for my tastes. From the pictures I've seen, too many innocent people dressing up as Naruto characters.

The 80's looks like a good time. Seems like it's far away but not really because most of the stuff that matter were still there. I never got it experience it though.
Old 2013-11-08, 01:58   Link #10446
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
The 80's looks like a good time. Seems like it's far away but not really because most of the stuff that matter were still there. I never got it experience it though.
I sat in a movie theater with several of my friends and watched Hasbro kill off a bunch of Transformers...
Old 2013-11-08, 06:46   Link #10447
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Ah, sorry. Was just trying to make a stupid joke and have now ended up with my foot in my mouth, as usual. I really should stop trying.

Anyway, does anyone know if there are any tank-related sights to see in New York City? I am there for the weekend and looking for more things to do (and am coincidentally missing the equipment sale, yay).
here's a tank-related sight that popped up on youtube yesterday:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Watch this if you want to see an S-tank get shot at with tank guns, driven over live antitank mines, get strafed by jets, subjected to the shockwave from a simulated tactical nuke, get shelled with artillery and finally set on fire with napalm. All while commentated by an incredibly dry narrator in nasal Swedish (English captions also available).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 09:28   Link #10448
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
here's a tank-related sight that popped up on youtube yesterday:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Watch this if you want to see an S-tank get shot at with tank guns, driven over live antitank mines, get strafed by jets, subjected to the shockwave from a simulated tactical nuke, get shelled with artillery and finally set on fire with napalm. All while commentated by an incredibly dry narrator in nasal Swedish (English captions also available).
is that Japanese tank? I`m sure I heard something about a Japanese tank that has..what is the model again?
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 09:57   Link #10449
Gravitas Free Zone

The S-tank was Swedish.

However, a few Japanese models used adjustable suspension like the S-tank does, including the tank that was brought to the first GuP event at Ooarai.

Edited to add:

I've turned blue!

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-11-08 at 11:02.
Old 2013-11-08, 11:58   Link #10450
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Nice~

I still need to turn green before I can do that :P
Old 2013-11-08, 12:10   Link #10451
Gravitas Free Zone

Blooded the Nashorn with a 5-kill game, 3000 damage, 21 shots, 16 hits, 15 pens on El Halluf, 9 enemies damaged. Yes, the lack of gun depression is a serious health hazard. On the bright side its general road handling is better than the Dicker Max's.

Three of my four kills were on players that did zero damage to anyone in return. I suppose I should feel bad for picking on the low-hanging fruit, but your reaction to taking long-range sniper fire on El Halluf in most cases should not be to charge forward into the valley.

I also have 10 sets of binoculars now and 28 camo nets. I'll build up a bit more cash over the weekend and work on more general equipment like rammers and whatnot... first I have to plan out my future tech tree approaches.
Old 2013-11-08, 15:47   Link #10452
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
However, a few Japanese models used adjustable suspension like the S-tank does, including the tank that was brought to the first GuP event at Ooarai.
Only the tanks starting from Type 74 had such suspensions.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 16:25   Link #10453
Gravitas Free Zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdLoPck4jhU

That one.
Old 2013-11-08, 17:54   Link #10454
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Alongside 6 million credits worth of equipment, I also bought an IS-6, since it was 15% off. I heard that it's one of the favorite stat-padding tanks for unicums. I still have to get used to the armor though, which I've gotten snapshot penned by enemy medium tanks from the front. The armor is all about angling perfectly and sidescraping; by itself, it's actually really thin and easy to pen.

I ran into Hei_ during a random pub match and we got together in an unlikely platoon after that. He was grinding credits in the IS-6, so I followed behind him in my IS-6. Hei_ is a really good player who has strong map awareness and a knack for angling well. Go plat with him whenever you get the chance.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 23:16   Link #10455
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

*Yawn* Won the first game I played today but lost every single one after that. winrate already went down 0.1%. Good thing I don't care about that anymore. From now on nothing but base camping and kill stealing to get that idiotic 250k credit bonus.
Old 2013-11-09, 02:03   Link #10456
Gravitas Free Zone

I just watched a StuG blow through its entire ammo load keeping a VK3001H tracked for zero damage. When an arty arrived to help flank the VK, the StuG did not change position despite the VK shifting targets.

Fortunately these guys were on the other team.

...because our SPGs just sat there and watched this happen.
Old 2013-11-09, 02:50   Link #10457
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Record-breaking night

I don't think I have ever done worse than this excluding my first 2 weeks in the game at tier 1-3.

I kinda feel bad that Tempester was with me the whole time Sorry~
Old 2013-11-09, 03:20   Link #10458
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Alongside 6 million credits worth of equipment, I also bought an IS-6, since it was 15% off. I heard that it's one of the favorite stat-padding tanks for unicums. I still have to get used to the armor though, which I've gotten snapshot penned by enemy medium tanks from the front. The armor is all about angling perfectly and sidescraping; by itself, it's actually really thin and easy to pen.

I ran into Hei_ during a random pub match and we got together in an unlikely platoon after that. He was grinding credits in the IS-6, so I followed behind him in my IS-6. Hei_ is a really good player who has strong map awareness and a knack for angling well. Go plat with him whenever you get the chance.
The IS-6 is the bane of my existence from tier 6 to 9. It seems to bounce everything that isn't sent at it in perfect perpendicular fashion. It's essentially the Type 59 of heavy tanks.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 14:42   Link #10459
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
The IS-6 is the bane of my existence from tier 6 to 9. It seems to bounce everything that isn't sent at it in perfect perpendicular fashion. It's essentially the Type 59 of heavy tanks.
From what I hear, if you're in a tall tank, shoot the flat plate above the gun, which is very thin and easy to overmatch. Otherwise you gotta avoid the spaced armor it seems like. >_<
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 15:05   Link #10460
Sumeragi
Banned

I always crushed IS-6s with my Tiger II and VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. A, but then I use GERMAN STEEL.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks