AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-17, 15:56   Link #10621
LeoXiao
思想工作

Something interesting I found regarding the historical-ness of the tanks in WoT.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 16:23   Link #10622
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Ironic how the game's FV215b 183 is closer to the original tank design than WoT's FV215b heavy tank.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 16:29   Link #10623
LeoXiao
思想工作

What I don't understand is why they don't just throw in the Chieftain as the t10 heavy.
Old 2013-11-17, 20:45   Link #10624
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Took my TOG out for a spin last night... it's an amusing tank to play, but it's sad that nobody scatters before it now, instead they all go "Yay a whale to kill!"

My TOG anthem, which I composed last night:

Drive, drive, drive your TOG,
Slowly down the hill;
Sluggishly, sluggishly, sluggishly, sluggishly,
Life is but a crawl.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 20:57   Link #10625
Gravitas Free Zone

My TOG game today was a Tier 7 game on Cliff. I took the incredibly obvious route... and then hung back and TDed things with that glorious 17-pdr. The other team made one half-hearted attempt to push the easy route, then died to the massive eastern flanking force that my team used.

Though we failed to secure the middle, meaning that I HAD TO TURN MY TOG AROUND to go deal with the final T29.

"...don't make me turn this TOG around!"

I still have a few hours to debate buying the Excelsior on sale. Much like how I refuse to purchase the T14 and ignored the last sale, my experiences with the pathetic gun on the Matilda IV have made me wary of premium tanks with guns that are so low-pen as to be laughable.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 21:05   Link #10626
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Ironic how the game's FV215b 183 is closer to the original tank design than WoT's FV215b heavy tank.
there are nothing ironic here... the FV215b heavy tank was a WG fantasy tank that never existed even on paper.
Old 2013-11-17, 21:09   Link #10627
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
My TOG game today was a Tier 7 game on Cliff. I took the incredibly obvious route... and then hung back and TDed things with that glorious 17-pdr. The other team made one half-hearted attempt to push the easy route, then died to the massive eastern flanking force that my team used.

Though we failed to secure the middle, meaning that I HAD TO TURN MY TOG AROUND to go deal with the final T29.

"...don't make me turn this TOG around!"

I still have a few hours to debate buying the Excelsior on sale. Much like how I refuse to purchase the T14 and ignored the last sale, my experiences with the pathetic gun on the Matilda IV have made me wary of premium tanks with guns that are so low-pen as to be laughable.
Don't knock the T14, got a mastery in it killing almost half the enemy team (even if mostly Matildas and M3s)...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 03:34   Link #10628
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

The enshrinement of mediocrity.

Everything is so normal, so even and so average.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 03:50   Link #10629
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Let`s see ..I mastered the t18, Pz II, Loltracktor..T1 not yet. I killed like 2 T82 with my Pz II by exploding their gas tanks BURN,BABY,BURN!

Im not ready to use my t82 yet with my main account, I dont look forward getting one-shotted by a kv-1 or something.

The whole thing that I posted in my sig before was my test account since I was testing something out

Moving on what happened today in my matches, I was quite surprised when I was playing tier 3 games using a tier 2 tank(PzII), the M2 Med in my team got 6 kills. He was using a derp. Well I could have taken on the M2 Med one on one by carouseling him and spray APCR at him.

The second match is where I got another top gun in Himmelsdorf, I went to the hill and this is where the fun starts: After I go down the hill, I began to shoot enemies in their rear and unfortunately for them, no one noticed me. They were like 5 of them and killed them all. After I killed them, I began to look around the corner and spotted a Pz I and Cruiser I over there and BOOM they`re dead. Ending the match with those kills

I want the Chieftain to be the new tier X tank not the 215b dammit Everytime I bought new brit heavy it was crap at first since they are support tanks that lack mobility(except the 215b). I dont play my tanks with a 50% crew.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 07:46   Link #10630
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
RWBladewing is close to being a blue 60-day player

Look, look! I did it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I am gonna go show this to my mom so she can hang it up on the fridge.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 09:50   Link #10631
Gravitas Free Zone

My performance numbers have been yo-yoing around the 55.55-55.6% WR for a while, and WN7 around 1500. Too much wacky stuff.

I encountered a player last night that retreated a Hellcat in reverse full-speed into my track-broken E8, then a short time later, when they had about 5 HP, tried racing past an allied T-34-85 that was slowly turning, only to crash into it and explode. The Hellcat driver promptly blamed the other guy.

It was good for a chuckle, because the game still ended in victory.

Also, if you recall the picture of my flakbus from earlier, it now has a peace sign on the side, to further underline my oblique reference to the VW Minibus. But I'm drawing the line at putting on one of the hippier camo schemes, since I still have to look at the back of it.
Old 2013-11-18, 13:44   Link #10632
Gravitas Free Zone

Do not adjust your sets... they're out there.

Old 2013-11-18, 17:14   Link #10633
Blaat

Time for another red scare?

Got the IS-2 ace tanker badge today
Images
IS-2
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sold it afterwards and, like LeoXiao, I bought the 110.

Last edited by Blaat; 2013-11-19 at 03:36.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 02:35   Link #10634
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

So... close... to the IS-2... This Type 58 grind... is starting to look... funny...

Then I'm gonna start over and use it to grind for the T-34-1. >_<
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 03:28   Link #10635
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
So... close... to the IS-2... This Type 58 grind... is starting to look... funny...

Then I'm gonna start over and use it to grind for the T-34-1. >_<
Give me the keys to it and I'll grind it for you. I liked the Type 58 strangely enough, even if it does play like a plastic T-34-85.
Old 2013-11-19, 03:37   Link #10636
Blaat

I like the Type 58, but unlike many I played it before the T-34-85 which probably helped things.
Old 2013-11-19, 04:05   Link #10637
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I like the Type 58, but unlike many I played it before the T-34-85 which probably helped things.
I played it after I ground the T-34-85 when it still packed the 100mm gun (with 175 pen), and then immdeately aftewrad began grinding the T-34-85 again. The t-34-85 is indeed better but somehow it feels too...refined. I love the feeling of having a bare-bones tank and relying on your wits to prevail...at least for the 58. It's a unique experience.
Old 2013-11-19, 09:55   Link #10638
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
The enshrinement of mediocrity.

Everything is so normal, so even and so average.
dude, with a 53% win rate you're probably in the top 8-10% of all players on the NA server
like, seriously, go to your profile, ratings, and check out your position in the hall of fame

48% or somewhere around there is where the average is. yes, the pubbies really are that bad at the game.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 10:38   Link #10639
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually, if you hit above 52%, you're already in the top 20% of the NA server I think.

Honestly, I can't wait for this school term to end, so I can get back to destroying my impressive-looking 60-day stats. ^^;
Old 2013-11-19, 10:40   Link #10640
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Speaking of terrible pubs, I had a guy with a 36% winrate on my team yesterday. Claimed it was from letting his girlfriend play his account ("she sucks because she is a girl"). Proceeded to TK another guy a minute into the match "as punishment for blocking him", then got killed immediately after because he was shooting that teammate instead of the enemies shooting him. Then decided that after TK'ing and proudly declaring that he didn't care that he may have just screwed the team in chat, he was gonna report the other guy for unfair play.

Yeah, I really "wonder" where that winrate came from. It's amazing this guy hasn't decided the cleaning supplies underneath the sink look like tasty drinks yet.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks