Notices

Old 2009-09-21, 12:29   Link #10861
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well, we can have a cross-gender Tsukune called Tsukihime..........and in the alternate world she is the girl on the moon, thus Moka's and Gin's attraction to her (full moon). Being a petanko, she would have her boobs grow to a D cup every 15 days.
I like the way you think.
Old 2009-09-21, 12:47   Link #10862
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... you know what I'm noticing? That all fan pics (outside of a few that Kyero posts) are of all the girls... don't get me wrong, I enjoy them... but I seriously think we need a few more Tsukune (in badass mode, of course) pics as well

the girls are lovely, but I'm sensing a slight lack of GAR around here with those pics
I guess I've been forgotten lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 13:28   Link #10863
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... if I remember correctly, you generally only post the figurines and merchandise (which, as I'm well aware, only draw upon the anime aspect of this series... heck, I'll bet that's what most of the fanart is based off of...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 13:41   Link #10864
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
A few of the girls look a little weird, but it's pretty well done. ^^ I like it.
Outer Moka needs a push-up bra, but I like Kurumu's design the best. Although something about Kokoa that makes you want to snatch her up and put her in your pocket for safekeeping...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 13:47   Link #10865
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Outer Moka needs a push-up bra, but I like Kurumu's design the best. Although something about Kokoa that makes you want to snatch her up and put her in your pocket for safekeeping...
Might be a little off-topic but, Johnny, your avatar amuses me to no end.
Old 2009-09-21, 14:40   Link #10866
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
heck, I'll bet that's what most of the fanart is based off of...
That's sad but true. I'd say that about 70% of the R+V fanart out there is anime based.

The anime does have some good images - like Inner Moka standing around naked, biting Tsukune from behind, or sleeping under those red sheets of her's. Other than that, the anime was a blur and I pretend that it never existed.

But, it seems like there's been surge of manga based fanart recently.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 14:47   Link #10867
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
That's sad but true. I'd say that about 70% of the R+V fanart out there is anime based.

The anime does have some good images - like Inner Moka standing around naked, biting Tsukune from behind, or sleeping under those red sheets of her's. Other than that, the anime was a blur and I pretend that it never existed.

I think the anime boosted the popularity and exposure of the series to the masses.

The character designs and all are definitely great though.

I think the surge in manga fanart is from the lack of new anime material. Perhaps people looking for more started to read the manga (like I did).. and then found out how much better the manga really is.
Old 2009-09-21, 14:51   Link #10868
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
... if I remember correctly, you generally only post the figurines and merchandise (which, as I'm well aware, only draw upon the anime aspect of this series... heck, I'll bet that's what most of the fanart is based off of...)
*gasp!* I have been forgotten D:

I guess I'll refresh your memory

Spoiler for images:

More in my profile.
Old 2009-09-21, 16:09   Link #10869
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Well, we can have a cross-gender Tsukune called Tsukihime..........and in the alternate world she is the girl on the moon, thus Moka's and Gin's attraction to her (full moon). Being a petanko, she would have her boobs grow to a D cup every 15 days.
might want to bite on to somethin hard while I give you a very very bad "Dead ARm" for even sayin that

I dislike genderbending worse than yuri
Old 2009-09-21, 16:47   Link #10870
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
might want to bite on to somethin hard while I give you a very very bad "Dead ARm" for even sayin that

I dislike genderbending worse than yuri
That idea is great! Her boobs grow once every lunar cycle!

I like yuri, but genderbending isn't my type unless it changes the genre of the series into yuri. But think about other genderbends like Kyonko from HSnY, it does produce moe results if drawn correctly.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 19:27   Link #10871
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
no thanks, that craze has invaded haruhi already. i dont want it to spread to RV. the haruhi thing was ok to start with but then they went ahead to rewrite the novels . it really has gone overboard.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 22:09   Link #10872
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
Someone made this with 3D, i think???

Spoiler for big:
Epic man! Though Mizore's dress is not accurate, but it's good enough for me.

Quote:
... if I remember correctly, kenjiharima you generally only post the figurines and merchandise.
That would be me.
Old 2009-09-21, 22:51   Link #10873
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
That would be me.

This is what happens when two people gave very similar avys and long usernames... I gets confuzzled, to use the sayiong of a friend

... and Hayashi, I should've said original fanart... those are all from the manga, and while not bad... much of the girls' stuff is original artwork. But then again, in a series like this, so many people forget that Tsukune is far more than just a harem lead

(and yet, as I say all this, I'm thinking of possible fanart of Dante from DMC, or other strong guys from various video games...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 23:18   Link #10874
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

We're Mizore fans so we tend to stick together with her as our avy's.

Can you count all the Mizore avy guys in this thread?

We need a roll call.
Old 2009-09-22, 00:06   Link #10875
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
Someone made this with 3D, i think???

Spoiler for big:
This kinda reminds me of a To Heart 2 music video I had a while back that was done in cell-shaded 3D. It was pretty good for what it was, but this probably could have been done better too. Show me it animated, THEN I'll be impressed.

Quote:
... you know what I'm noticing? That all fan pics (outside of a few that Kyero posts) are of all the girls... don't get me wrong, I enjoy them... but I seriously think we need a few more Tsukune (in badass mode, of course) pics as well

the girls are lovely, but I'm sensing a slight lack of GAR around here with those pics
Well, most of the fans (in Japan) watch/read R+V for the girls anyway. Even though Tsukune can be a strong male lead, he hasn't even come really all that close to being TRULY gar. The day he does, is the day he gives inner Moka a REAL smack down and tells HER to know her place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
it wont happen, males who draw anime fan art usualy dont want to draw the male characters, only the females.
Seconded

Quote:
Huh? WHF? Hmm, maybe as a gag this would work, but not to the extent that Haruhi has gone with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Oh, so you want to put a screw in her head and hang her on you keychain. I can live with that.

"Hey Moka. I've got something for you, heh heh heh." *pulls out giant eye bolt and approaches her with an evil grin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post

Yeah, naked inner Moka pics and stuff are all fine and good, but her real character development didn't start until that date chapter. All the other times she was busy with combat to even give much thought to anything else. But, those times did scratch the surface. Too bad most of that had to wait for the date to get any kind of real development of her softer side. Tsukune's gonna have to figure out how to get her to confide in him one way or another if we are to see more of her like that.
Old 2009-09-22, 00:23   Link #10876
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

That's the bad part on Inner Moka, we don't get much out of her. She just pops out to kick ass.

Reminds me of old animes where the protagonist is getting beaten up then a "SAVIOR" of sorts saves him/her which looks more interesting and cooler.
Old 2009-09-22, 00:42   Link #10877
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
That's the bad part on Inner Moka, we don't get much out of her. She just pops out to kick ass.

Reminds me of old animes where the protagonist is getting beaten up then a "SAVIOR" of sorts saves him/her which looks more interesting and cooler.
Hopefully there's gonna be more development with her in the upcoming chapter(s).

I agree with the whole "comes out just to kick ass" part. Sure, she worries about him if he's injured but that's not enough.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 01:17   Link #10878
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post

Well, most of the fans (in Japan) watch/read R+V for the girls anyway. Even though Tsukune can be a strong male lead, he hasn't even come really all that close to being TRULY gar. The day he does, is the day he gives inner Moka a REAL smack down and tells HER to know her place.

And you know this how? proof plix.

Beating up one of the love interests isn't going to make him more GAR, it'll just turn into domestic violence. Stick to villain combat, thanks. As far as shonen harem leads are concerned, Tsukune is leagues above the rest. Where he's actually manly and not some whimpering spineless kid who won't have his balls drop until the end of the series even then its not guaranteed.
Old 2009-09-22, 02:29   Link #10879
Psycho 101
~Warrior Chef~

Send a message via MSN to Psycho 101 Send a message via Yahoo to Psycho 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
And you know this how? proof plix.

Beating up one of the love interests isn't going to make him more GAR, it'll just turn into domestic violence. Stick to villain combat, thanks. As far as shonen harem leads are concerned, Tsukune is leagues above the rest. Where he's actually manly and not some whimpering spineless kid who won't have his balls drop until the end of the series even then its not guaranteed.
I have to agree. I mean from the start he stands up for his friends and does what he can often putting himself at risk and in danger for them. Sure he's a bit of a spaz and wimp (when not using vampire blood to go Hulkafied on people) but he has a spine. That's a big difference with him and most harem male leads. Even if the rest do develop a set of balls it's halfway into the series at least. So it's nice to see a change from that with R+V. Not saying the manga/anime is prize winning material but at least the main male lead isn't a sniveling douchenozzle.
Old 2009-09-22, 07:06   Link #10880
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
That idea is great! Her boobs grow once every lunar cycle!

I like yuri, but genderbending isn't my type unless it changes the genre of the series into yuri. But think about other genderbends like Kyonko from HSnY, it does produce moe results if drawn correctly.
Must... resist, the Urge... To killl ><...........

... that was close.. almost got banned

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire