AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-03, 10:06   Link #1081
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Aiee... only 60%, when the game is supposed to be out this winter season for the JP region? Hopefully the delays won't come.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 11:23   Link #1082
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Owning both, I'll be buying FFXIII for PS3.
Old 2009-06-03, 13:27   Link #1083
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Final Fantasy XIII Interview
Old 2009-06-03, 21:49   Link #1084
Vicious108

Square's conference at E3 was a rather disappointing one, wasn't it...?

Oh well, at least the new FFXIII trailer looke good. Though the English VAs sounded rather bland to me, but it's never a good idea to judge those entirely by the trailers, without giving them a chance to get into their role.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 23:22   Link #1085
gonzo562

i hope with the us version it will have the option of using Japenese VA's
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 01:07   Link #1086
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
i hope with the us version it will have the option of using Japenese VA's
Considering that the game has like 10+ discs for the JP version, I wouldn't expect the NA or EU versions to contain dual audio as that it might increase to 20+ discs and that is not good..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 01:48   Link #1087
Vicious108

I can see a Japanese audio track being included in the PS3 version. Chances are slimer for the 360 version though.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 02:29   Link #1088
ShinGundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Considering that the game has like 10+ discs for the JP version, I wouldn't expect the NA or EU versions to contain dual audio as that it might increase to 20+ discs and that is not good..
from Kotaku :
Quote:
Kitase did mention something interesting during our short Q&A, however; pressed on the difficulties Square Enix may be facing squeezing the game onto the Xbox 360, he said that it's in the company's best interests to keep it on as few discs as possible, as the more discs it ships on, the more expensive the game will be for Square Enix to produce.

And that as far as the PS3 version of the game goes, it's guaranteed to be shipping on a single Blu-Ray disc. If they can cram a Japanese language track in there for Western fans, great, if they can't, sorry, they'll have to leave it out.
So 3 discs no more will be better for SE and gamers
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 16:30   Link #1089
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Wait.

Blu-Ray discs are 25 GB.

If they're concerned about not having enough space to cram dual audio in, then...

Holy hell this game is going to be HUGE.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 20:05   Link #1090
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Wait.

Blu-Ray discs are 25 GB.

If they're concerned about not having enough space to cram dual audio in, then...

Holy hell this game is going to be HUGE.
50gb if it's a dual layer disc... omg think of the possibilities
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 06:39   Link #1091
Sciel
Etoilé

I don't really mind the english VAs at all so far . The only one i probably dislike is Vanille's .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 04:49   Link #1092
Iron Maw
Banned

G4TV has new footage of the PS3 demo:

http://g4tv.com/videos/38829/Hands-O...-XIII-Preview/

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2009-06-06 at 05:37. Reason: fixed link.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 15:47   Link #1093
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubZzz View Post
50gb if it's a dual layer disc... omg think of the possibilities
Do dual-layer blu-ray discs have loading issues like DVD-9 on PS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
So 3 discs no more will be better for SE and gamers
I have read this somewhere that the X360 had many discs:

This was the reason why I assumed there will be 10+ discs, I mean just look at the package..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 16:20   Link #1094
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

That's just a joke pic, I'm pretty sure. Considering how cheap SE seems to be with SO4's packaging, I'm more inclined to think they'd stack 10 DVDs on top of each other.

But to be fair, it has some truth in it. There's around 6 DVDs for every BD, in terms of space. Add on that there will be replicate data between all the discs, and it isn't a stretch that 10 DVDs are needed IF FF13 does indeed use all the space of a BD-DL.

Of course, exactly how big FF 13 is (like if it needs to use BD-DL for example) no one knows, but I seriously doubt FF13 will be anything less than 4 discs on the 360 (more likely 5 or more, especially if people thinks backtracking w/out disc changing would be implemented). I mean, Lost Odyssey itself is already 4 discs, and that's a game that doesn't approach the level of detail on FF13, if the trailers are of any indication.

Personally, my bet is on 5 discs, with disc changing needed when backtracking, but hey, what do I know? XD
Old 2009-06-06, 20:58   Link #1095
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I think one of the main reasons why they didn't consider dual audio was because of lip synching.

If you noticed in FFXII, they actually had the lip animation of the characters redone to fit the english language. Which is one of the reasons why the english script of FFXII didn't need to compromise itself, hence a higher quality of performance from the VAs.

With this in mind, FFXIII is probably going to do the same thing. Different animations practically means two different games with different contents. This is probably why they didn't think of dual audio, but in an interview from GTTV they're now reconsidering the possibilities.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 21:24   Link #1096
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Do dual-layer blu-ray discs have loading issues like DVD-9 on PS2?

I have read this somewhere that the X360 had many discs:

This was the reason why I assumed there will be 10+ discs, I mean just look at the package..
Allow me to facepalm.

You seriously believe the 360 version is going to have that many discs? Have you ever heard of algorhytms of compression used to fit data inside DVDs? I guess you haven't, if you're that naive.
My prediction is that the 360 version of FF13 will be done with 3 DVDs, maybe 4 but nothing more than that. Afterall they managed to stick a longass game full of cutscenes like Lost Odyssey, and all the other JRPGs fit in the same amount of discs. It's no tragedy at all, especially if you're a long time player you might have already played RPGs (Baldur's Gate anyone? That game had 6 discs) and JRPGs featured on multiple discs.

The whole "ZOMG 10+ discs" thing is the usual crap brought by Sony fanboys who are still bitter about the fact that Final Fantasy 13 became a multiplatform title. And I'm saying this as an owner of both consoles. Cut it out guys, we got it, the game's on Bluray (PS3's freaking slow Bluray player by the way, I'm sure you guys were aware of that right?), that doesn't change one bit the fact that both versions will be enjoyable for everyone, and it's a great thing that Final Fantasy will be able to reach more people this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I mean, Lost Odyssey itself is already 4 discs, and that's a game that doesn't approach the level of detail on FF13, if the trailers are of any indication.
This doesn't make sense at all. So you're saying that since FF13 is more detailed it will necessarily have to fit in more discs than Lost Odyssey? Based on what? On sixth sense? So following your way of thinking a game like Crysis certainly has to fit in multiple discs because hey, it's uber freaking detailed!
If FF13 will require more discs than LO there are two possible reasons: either the game lasts way longer than LO, or it has way more cutscenes (or longer cutscenes). Game's level of detail doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to fit data inside one or more DVDs.

Last edited by Shinndou; 2009-06-06 at 21:45.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 22:53   Link #1097
Sciel
Etoilé

To be fair the whole "360 needs multiple discs omgawds i need to walk and switch discs !111" issue is exaggerated and overblown . Even if you do need to switch discs every now and then honestly it won't hinder your enjoyment too much.
Old 2009-06-07, 00:24   Link #1098
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
To be fair the whole "360 needs multiple discs omgawds i need to walk and switch discs !111" issue is exaggerated and overblown . Even if you do need to switch discs every now and then honestly it won't hinder your enjoyment too much.
Especially considering some of us switched discs 3 times for FFVIII and IX. And only one time per playthrough at that. Seriously we switch discs when we want to play another game, it's not that big a deal, don't know why some are trying to make it one.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 03:02   Link #1099
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou
The whole "ZOMG 10+ discs" thing is the usual crap brought by Sony fanboys who are still bitter about the fact that Final Fantasy 13 became a multiplatform title. And I'm saying this as an owner of both consoles.
Nah, I'm not a Sony fanboy (proud owner of both systems, HECK, I've used my 360 WAAAAYYYY more times than I've used my PS3 since PS3 RPG library is absolute crap), but I'm still one of those that poke fun at how many discs FF13 would be in the 360. How can I not? It's acutally very amusing once you're not so serious about it. XD

Quote:
So following your way of thinking a game like Crysis certainly has to fit in multiple discs because hey, it's uber freaking detailed!
Your analogy fails because Crysis is a game that needs an installation, while console games (particuarly 360 ones) are supposed to be run off disc. OF COURSE Crysis can be in one disc, since they compressed it to fit there and uncompress it once you've done an install. It doesn't go from being able to fit in one DVD-DL and all of sudden you need at least 12 GB of HDD space for no good reason at all.

Add on the header data, from anti-piracy stuff (if any) to replicated in-game data between the discs, and Crysis would need at least 2 discs if ported to the 360. Need I also mention that it can be beaten in 10 hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel
Apparently you haven't played SO4, or at least to the point where you're trying to get all the materials needed for synthesis. Then there's certain quests that start off in one world but can only be accomplished in another world. I can tell you from personal experience it isn't fun switching discs between worlds. XD

And with all this crap about SE wanting as few discs as possible (damn cheapos), there exists a good possibility that backtracking needing switching discs will be there.
Old 2009-06-07, 04:35   Link #1100
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Nah, I'm not a Sony fanboy (proud owner of both systems, HECK, I've used my 360 WAAAAYYYY more times than I've used my PS3 since PS3 RPG library is absolute crap), but I'm still one of those that poke fun at how many discs FF13 would be in the 360. How can I not? It's acutally very amusing once you're not so serious about it. XD

Your analogy fails because Crysis is a game that needs an installation, while console games (particuarly 360 ones) are supposed to be run off disc. OF COURSE Crysis can be in one disc, since they compressed it to fit there and uncompress it once you've done an install. It doesn't go from being able to fit in one DVD-DL and all of sudden you need at least 12 GB of HDD space for no good reason at all.

Add on the header data, from anti-piracy stuff (if any) to replicated in-game data between the discs, and Crysis would need at least 2 discs if ported to the 360. Need I also mention that it can be beaten in 10 hours?

Apparently you haven't played SO4, or at least to the point where you're trying to get all the materials needed for synthesis. Then there's certain quests that start off in one world but can only be accomplished in another world. I can tell you from personal experience it isn't fun switching discs between worlds. XD

And with all this crap about SE wanting as few discs as possible (damn cheapos), there exists a good possibility that backtracking needing switching discs will be there.
No i haven't because i don't have a 360 . But yea , i do sort of get what you mean .

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360