Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-05, 10:22   Link #11001
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post

Funny thing is that your 60-day winrate will probably be above mine for a while, assuming I keep playing the AMX 13 90 and M103, the former of which is hard to carry with, and I'm horrible at playing the latter. Hell, if you keep platooning, your overall winrate might surpass mine at some point.

At this point, I'm focusing on getting good at tanks that don't fit my style at all. It's bad for my stats, but it'll ultimately make me a better player. And frankly, leveling myself up to a WN7 of 2100 and a winrate of 64% by playing nothing but the S-35 CA and Hellcat would be boring as hell.
My winrate going up this high sure looks nice on my stats but it may end up being a bad thing for me gameplay-wise. People with XVM may incorrectly start identifying me as a threat and focusing on me, which will result in me dying horribly to the sounds of their laughter/confusion as I am not anywhere near as good as that WR indicates.

I'm focusing on trying to learn new styles as well. The KV-1S may be faceroll easy to play for a lot of people, but for me it represents a drastic change from just about everything I have played up to this point and I still need to practice a ton more in it to be not terrible. I should probably start doing this on my own time instead of dragging my platoon down with my terrible play though.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 11:38   Link #11002
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm continuing to improve. Better hardware = Better stats.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 11:39   Link #11003
GHOST EYE
Early Warning & Control

Noble sacrifice.

Spoiler for :
GHOST EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 12:06   Link #11004
LeoXiao
思想工作

I'm really conflicted about whether or not to get the Japanese line. On the one hand, few of the tanks in that tree really appeal to me appearance- and performance-wise. On the other hand, STB-1...
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 12:16   Link #11005
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

A medium-playing sister! I don't care about kills myself, since I get Confederate and high damages often enough. You are right though, a "holding" medium rarely, if ever, get the credit they deserve, and spotting damage is hit-or-miss because even if you're the spotter on the front, the enemy is in the TD's view range [and were kept there by our presence/play].

Per my location, I'm in Pacific Time Zone, but my sleeping pattern has been utterly erratic lately, so I don't get to be on at the usual time. Where are you?
I see. Funny how we are actually in the exact same time zone but I never see you I miss my nocturnal days, but now I can't afford to stay up late or wake up late anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Woah, how did I not think about this earlier. It really does make a lot of sense.
... I just told you about the HP problem last week

Edit: Oh god the 8.10 patch notes scare me. Especially this:

Quote:
Returned 'Last time player played a battle' to the 'Statistics' tab
So much stalking and passive aggression will return. Now they can see right through my lies when I turn down a platoon request. Noooooo~~~~

Last edited by Achiuakuna; 2013-12-05 at 12:32.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 12:50   Link #11006
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
I believe WG is using a new bait called the STB-1 to lure me.......
You mean I'm trying to fish you back into the game?
Old 2013-12-05, 12:58   Link #11007
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch notes
Fixed catapulting of small tanks during entering small size objects on 'Tundra' map
I am now deeply saddened that I have never seen this. Time to go look for videos/try it myself later.
Old 2013-12-05, 13:04   Link #11008
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

I'm continuing to improve. Better hardware = Better stats.
one day is too small of a sample size to say anything, though for that average tier the average damage is pretty good. what making your 7 days and 30 days winrate so low is probably because of your low survival and kills per death rate. you should stop being aggressive and try to put survival to top priority without being a over-passive camper, at your skill level now it best to use pubbies and meatshield.

unless it dives below 60 fps hardware are hardly related really. I played in low setting with >400 ms all the time and it was still very playable to get a high winrate for me, also Navysniper play at <30fps and still manage to achieve a unicum-like performance.
Old 2013-12-05, 13:11   Link #11009
Sumeragi
Banned

I used to play at below 10 FPS. Finally managed to get it to just below 30 FPS.
Old 2013-12-05, 13:23   Link #11010
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
unless it dives below 60 fps
How do you even get over 60 fps? I just got a pretty expensive computer and it's still capped at 60 fps even on the lowest settings. Though if I go by highest settings it doesn't really change much either.

I used to play at around 12 fps, but that's hardly the problem. What really kills the game for me were the freezes. When a tank changes state from alive to dead, the screen freezes for 5 seconds, making me unable to pull back after I kill someone with a peekaboo. It also loves to freeze when loading a gun sound, so it freezes when I fire and makes a streak of broken gun noises for a few seconds.
Old 2013-12-05, 13:25   Link #11011
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
you should stop being aggressive and try to put survival to top priority without being a over-passive camper, at your skill level now it best to use pubbies and meatshield.
Sumeragi is the type of player I'd use as a meatshield anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
What really kills the game for me were the freezes. When a tank changes state from alive to dead, the screen freezes for 5 seconds, making me unable to pull back after I kill someone with a peekaboo. It also loves to freeze when loading a gun sound, so it freezes when I fire and makes a streak of broken gun noises for a few seconds.
Are you using one of those awesome-sounding gun sound mods? My experience with Gnomefather's gun sound mod has given me some horrible freezes, especially around the start of battle, so I stopped using it in recent patches.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 13:36   Link #11012
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Are you using one of those awesome-sounding gun sound mods? My experience with Gnomefather's gun sound mod has given me some horrible freezes, especially around the start of battle, so I stopped using it in recent patches.
I don't use any gameplay-unrelated mods. It was just hardware problems. But it's alright now with the new computer. I can say goodbye to the freezes.

Also, what Sume-nee needs is an IS-6. It will allow her to make massive damage output with her playstyle AND have a much better chance of surviving until the endgames.
Old 2013-12-05, 13:55   Link #11013
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
I see. Funny how we are actually in the exact same time zone but I never see you I miss my nocturnal days, but now I can't afford to stay up late or wake up late anymore.

... I just told you about the HP problem last week
Funny, I didn't remember you saying that, but it probably got lost on me if you wrote it immediately preceding or following one of those "turn TDs into direct-fire arty in terms of armor and camo" proposals.

Staying up super late is a perfect sign that you didn't use your daylight correctly. Humans are supposed to be asleep between 11 and 1.

Quote:
Sumeragi's playstyle, while (as I see it) usually increble risky and not all that successful, can be pretty spectacular, especially when you see a previously-camping team see the light and follow her charge. I remember that happening once when we platooned E50Ms on Fjords, it was epic. We led the charge, died, but it got the team flowing and we nearly won. Too bad the ones who stayed behind were noobs...
Old 2013-12-05, 14:07   Link #11014
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post

Staying up super late is a perfect sign that you didn't use your daylight correctly. Humans are supposed to be asleep between 11 and 1.
Surprised you haven't said this to me yet considering the schedule I have been playing on as of late.

Quote:
Sumeragi's playstyle, while (as I see it) usually increble risky and not all that successful, can be pretty spectacular, especially when you see a previously-camping team see the light and follow her charge. I remember that happening once when we platooned E50Ms on Fjords, it was epic. We led the charge, died, but it got the team flowing and we nearly won. Too bad the ones who stayed behind were noobs...
Hey, don't forget that game you and I yolo-swag'd right down the middle in El-Halluf in those crazy fast B2s. That has got to be the most ridiculous win I have ever gotten in this game.
Old 2013-12-05, 14:24   Link #11015
Pen3

Quote:
How do you even get over 60 fps? I just got a pretty expensive computer and it's still capped at 60 fps even on the lowest settings. Though if I go by highest settings it doesn't really change much either.

I used to play at around 12 fps, but that's hardly the problem. What really kills the game for me were the freezes. When a tank changes state from alive to dead, the screen freezes for 5 seconds, making me unable to pull back after I kill someone with a peekaboo. It also loves to freeze when loading a gun sound, so it freezes when I fire and makes a streak of broken gun noises for a few seconds.
I get 70fps with my computer on GTX670SLI and i use Nvidia Inspector to force 8xSQ & 8x SGSS on a 1920x1080 Monitor.

Quote:
I use HRMod and i do not get the startup freezes. HRMod cuts out all sound, but the guns themselves, so i can enjoy my music while playing

Ever since Thanksgiving my games have been really bad and the teams are just horrible.

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-12-05 at 14:36.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 15:05   Link #11016
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Surprised you haven't said this to me yet considering the schedule I have been playing on as of late.

Hey, don't forget that game you and I yolo-swag'd right down the middle in El-Halluf in those crazy fast B2s. That has got to be the most ridiculous win I have ever gotten in this game.
I don't usually say it because I'm guilty of it too.

yoloswagging is quite possibly one of the funnest things to do in this game, provided you actually get kills. This why I play scouts a lot, because in nearly every game your 15 seconds of glory will come.
Old 2013-12-05, 16:21   Link #11017
Newhope

Oh well I give up on the Tiger 2 gave it 96 games and it's complete and utter garbage only tank I've driven thats worse is the churchhill 7, anybody who says it has armor must have hit there head.

Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 16:28   Link #11018
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
As long as you actually do something unlike the rest of the trash pubbies, I'm willing to be the meatshield.
Old 2013-12-05, 16:32   Link #11019
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Oh well I give up on the Tiger 2 gave it 96 games and it's complete and utter garbage only tank I've driven thats worse is the churchhill 7, anybody who says it has armor must have hit there head.
I think the insistence on Tiger II having good armor (along with many other deeply rooted concepts about certain tanks in this game) come from the game's earlier days. When tier 5s saw the Tiger II, the armor must have been extremely intimidating and impenetrable. Also the availability of gold rounds for credits really hurts tanks with raw armor values(flat, thick armor or a simple slope scheme on most German tanks). The real well-armored tanks in the game right now in my opinion are those that rely on intricate armor schemes that create many opportunities for autobouces (like the IS-6) and those with spaced armor(or magic tracks) that create opportunities for no-damage-penetrations. I have never in my life shot a Tiger II from the side and NOT do HP damage, but I often get my shot absorbed by the spaced armor or tracks in the cases where I shoot IS-3 or IS-6 from the side.

The whole Tiger II thing makes me suspicious about Ferdinand's reputation. Back in the days before all these changes it must have been considered to have extremely good armor. But now I am hesitant to get it because most tanks I play that face it can pen it from the front if I used gold without even aiming for weakspots.
Old 2013-12-05, 16:37   Link #11020
Sumeragi
Banned

I don't know, I've been able to constantly bounce premium rounds in my Ferdinand and Tiger II. I guess it's a matter of being used to it.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks