Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-18, 09:19   Link #11181
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamuru View Post
Encore 3 limited edition cover:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
She looks really good like that. Wish we could see her with hair hair down + clock eye more often.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 09:35   Link #11182
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Could Phantom be outside the Kaballah and representing the Holy Trinity itself (but gender bend). Phantom = Holy Ghost? Reine = Mother/father and Shidou/Mana = the son/daughter?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 10:21   Link #11183
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
She looks really good like that. Wish we could see her with hair hair down + clock eye more often.
And especially this lovely twintails

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Could Phantom be outside the Kaballah and representing the Holy Trinity itself (but gender bend). Phantom = Holy Ghost? Reine = Mother/father and Shidou/Mana = the son/daughter?
Please not. That's definitely to absurd .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 10:27   Link #11184
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
So I've been thinking about who Phantom might be, and I got this idea. From what Origami has seen, it looks like a woman and sounds like a woman. Now, I doubt what I have in mind is true, but what if it's another case of Phantom changing its appearance? In fact, I think that Phantom's real identity is... Shidou.

Think about it. Phantom is someone who gave several girls their spirit powers. And then there's Shidou who collects those powers, sealing them inside himself. My theory is this: once Shidou seals Kurumi's powers, he'll go back in time and act as Phantom, turning girls into spirits for whatever purpose they are meant to serve and fooling everyone in the process. How's that?

More about what Origami saw. She confronted Phantom in the past, so it could've been using Haniel's powers to make itself look like a woman, and Natsumi hadn't become a spirit yet.
Phantom busting through Metatron = the noise forcibly removed. The noise is one of its forms. Phantom gives powers by crystals. Crystals come from dead Spirits. Shidou seals Reiryoku, not kill Spirits. If Shidou is Phantom, why give Camael to Kotori? And, Natsumi has been a Spirit ever since, former humans can't go to "that side".
GotEffed2RageQuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 10:48   Link #11185
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
So I've been thinking about who Phantom might be, and I got this idea. From what Origami has seen, it looks like a woman and sounds like a woman. Now, I doubt what I have in mind is true, but what if it's another case of Phantom changing its appearance? In fact, I think that Phantom's real identity is... Shidou.

Think about it. Phantom is someone who gave several girls their spirit powers. And then there's Shidou who collects those powers, sealing them inside himself. My theory is this: once Shidou seals Kurumi's powers, he'll go back in time and act as Phantom, turning girls into spirits for whatever purpose they are meant to serve and fooling everyone in the process. How's that?

More about what Origami saw. She confronted Phantom in the past, so it could've been using Haniel's powers to make itself look like a woman, and Natsumi hadn't become a spirit yet.
More likely I'm thinking that Phantom is Shidou's mother and that she looks identical to Shiori.
Old 2014-11-18, 10:55   Link #11186
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
More likely I'm thinking that Phantom is Shidou's mother and that she looks identical to Shiori.
But still, it is undeniable that Reine has a some connection to shido. Maybe she is his aunt. That could also explain her suspicious behavior, which came to the fore a few times.

Old 2014-11-18, 11:17   Link #11187
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
But still, it is undeniable that Reine has a some connection to shido. Maybe she is his aunt. That could also explain her suspicious behavior, which came to the fore a few times.
My guess is that Reine and Shidou's mother were close. Reine was probably the one to make her a spirit. So Reine was a part of Shidou's life when he was a young child but the capture of Shidou's mom made them have to hide Shidou to avoid allowing DEM to get their hands on him.

Or perhaps they were rivals (like Origami and Tohka) for Shidou's father. So Reine is trying to be the mother that Shidou lost.
Old 2014-11-18, 11:19   Link #11188
Pablete
Banned

in my mind there is a. chance that Reine is just Shido's mother best friend or a relarive she trusted, when the incident happened years ago(Shidou's separated from his mom and sis because of DEM) probably Reine was left to take care of him but failed to live up to her promise with her thus started to... well, drugging herself, that's until she met Shidou on Ratatorsk.

Now my doubts come from bow on, how can I relate it with Phantom, as we know Reine has an alibi when Origami got attacked by Bandersnatch and her being the. only one who heard Origami longing for power and then Phantom just appears and gives it to hear. As we saw in the past Phantom first approached Kotori and asked her what she wanted before giving her a. sephira crystal so Phantom should have met Origami and heard what she wanted.

Maybe Reine's alter ego or maybe her other half or something like that.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 11:36   Link #11189
Estzero1

Oh gosh! so many hints and theories.
There are so many possibilities what could be true or wrong.
So much Time left until we will get a answer.
It's simply terrible

Old 2014-11-18, 12:02   Link #11190
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
in my mind there is a. chance that Reine is just Shido's mother best friend or a relarive she trusted, when the incident happened years ago(Shidou's separated from his mom and sis because of DEM) probably Reine was left to take care of him but failed to live up to her promise with her thus started to... well, drugging herself, that's until she met Shidou on Ratatorsk.

Now my doubts come from bow on, how can I relate it with Phantom, as we know Reine has an alibi when Origami got attacked by Bandersnatch and her being the. only one who heard Origami longing for power and then Phantom just appears and gives it to hear. As we saw in the past Phantom first approached Kotori and asked her what she wanted before giving her a. sephira crystal so Phantom should have met Origami and heard what she wanted.

Maybe Reine's alter ego or maybe her other half or something like that.
Or Reine's ally. Phantom works to find suitable hosts for the sephira crystals. Reine meanwhile works with Ratatorsk to make sure Shidou finds them and seals their powers and make them his own.
Old 2014-11-18, 13:59   Link #11191
Superbia

Quote:
Or Reine's ally. Phantom works to find suitable hosts for the sephira crystals. Reine meanwhile works with Ratatorsk to make sure Shidou finds them and seals their powers and make them his own.
If she isn't Reine's ally or Reine herself, she should still have some connection to Ratatoskr. Phantom's actions seemed to be syncronized with Ratatoskr to some degree.

Phantom giving Kotori the sephira crystal, despite her not being as suitable for it as Miku and Origami were for theirs, then wiping their memories of it afterwards was probably to draw Ratatoskr's attention to Shidou. Then Miku was made a spirit around the exact same time Shidou was recruited by them.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 14:38   Link #11192
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

To me Reine thinks of Shidou as Shin Takamiya. Hence she's probably his mother.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 14:44   Link #11193
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Images
Holy mother of-

*drops to the floor out cold from sudden moe rush*
Old 2014-11-18, 15:19   Link #11194
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Ask Issac. This guy definitely knows the truth about it.

Old 2014-11-18, 15:30   Link #11195
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Images
*Just revived after the Santa Costume*

Hey what's goin---

Spoiler for .:

I'... saw heaven...

I have no regrets...

Spoiler for no regrets:

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 15:32   Link #11196
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
If she isn't Reine's ally or Reine herself, she should still have some connection to Ratatoskr. Phantom's actions seemed to be syncronized with Ratatoskr to some degree.

Phantom giving Kotori the sephira crystal, despite her not being as suitable for it as Miku and Origami were for theirs, then wiping their memories of it afterwards was probably to draw Ratatoskr's attention to Shidou. Then Miku was made a spirit around the exact same time Shidou was recruited by them.
After the most recent volume, Phantom giving Kotori the Sephira Crystal despite not being suited for it and informing them of his sealing ability comes off more as a means to get Shidou the healing powers of Ifrit first and foremost. It is clear that regardless of who Phantom is underneath, she is Shidou's mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
If that is his real name then anyone who knew him before he became Itsuka Shidou would be likely to call him that name. Reine very likely knew him before then but I don't think that she is Shidou's mother.
Old 2014-11-18, 15:44   Link #11197
Estzero1

Quote:
After the most recent volume, Phantom giving Kotori the Sephira Crystal despite not being suited for it and informing them of his sealing ability comes off more as a means to get Shidou the healing powers of Ifrit first and foremost.
Wait a sec. Where was stated that the sephira crystal doesn't suits her. Wasn't the first reason for give her the crystal that she stops crying.

Old 2014-11-18, 15:52   Link #11198
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Wait a sec. Where was stated that the sephira crystal doesn't suits her. Wasn't the first reason for give her the crystal that she stops crying.
You realize that the who purpose of volume 4 was because the powers she gained from it were killing her right?
Old 2014-11-18, 16:35   Link #11199
Pablete
Banned

No, not killing her, just going berserk due to her sephira nature.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 16:36   Link #11200
Estzero1

Quote:
You realize that the who purpose of volume 4 was because the powers she gained from it were killing her right?
Sry, my bad. I totally forgot about that .

Good it could be a important hint, but something is bothering me.
After shidos wounds healed and phantom told them that she doesn't what want to harm them, she also mentioned that the ending they brought out was the best case scenario. So it sounds like she had a other plan at first.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy