Ka Ra Ku Ri

Very good episode.

Akira arc>Kazuha arc.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 16:37   Link #1122
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 17:18   Link #1123
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep6:
Spoiler for episode 6:

Overall ... not sure what to say of the episode, aside of the fact my heart weeps at how much of Akira's arc was sacrificed to the time constraints. Nothing to be done there though, such is the nature of the show. Pretty much everything was heavily altered compared to how things went in the VN, so i would have a hard time knowing where to start with a "episode 6 comparison to corresponding game events". Guess i will do that tomorrow with a clearer head. Meh, say no to time constraints!
Old 2010-11-08, 17:38   Link #1124
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
And so ends another great arc. I half-expected them to
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Another was the end... Ugh... To be honest, it was the "best part" because it was so hilarious hearing Akira talk about doing it everyday and on the phone and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Really every day and on the phone? Wow so active sexually! I am completely dumbfounded that the devils claws made her lustful. A pity for a Miko TBH.
It appears some people here have gotten the wrong idea. What Akira was talking about doing once a day on the phone was the "MUGYUUU," aka hug, not the sex.....well if you want to get technical based on the exact kind of hug Akira gave Haruka, at the extreme it could be a breast hug, but "MUGYUUU" =/= sex. "MUGYUU" is a Japanese "spoken" sound effect (like "Bam" of "Biff" from the old Batman) for hugging.
Old 2010-11-08, 17:47   Link #1125
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
considering how they didn't show them going all the way last episode when they clearly did. Of course, since they did "show" (not fully) them going all the way this episode, it makes me wonder why they didn't show as much last episode.
I'd like to bring up a counterpoint. Perhaps it wasn't shown because there was nothing to show. Akira said that they passed out in the bath, and while I'll admit that statement is purposely ambiguous, being overheated (presuming it happened before anything did) doesn't really amp up one's sex drive.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 17:50   Link #1126
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I'd like to bring up a counterpoint. Perhaps it wasn't shown because there was nothing to show. Akira said that they passed out in the bath, and while I'll admit that statement is purposely ambiguous, being overheated (presuming it happened before anything did) doesn't really amp up one's sex drive.
Considering that they were already at the point of sitting lap-in-lap, groping, and kissing naked in the tub, I'd say their sex drive was already amped up enough.

Besides, having sex in the tub/shower is a bit of a theme in Japan.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:05   Link #1127
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...Anyways, next time is the Megane who seemingly tried to rape Haru and was seen by Sora.
Spoiler for ep6:
Spoiler for episode list with routes, indicating which episodes will have sex scenes:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 19:07   Link #1128
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for episode 6:
They are already miserable, having everything blown wide open would actually provide a reason for everyone sit down think about it. As in this ep it actually got Kazuha's mother to actually talk with Akira and allowed her to vent. If Haru didn't force it and let all the stuff bottle up eventually some or all three of them are going to snap.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 19:20   Link #1129
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

It looks like this show is more Michael Bay than School Days. Predictable ending but rather satisfying. Yes, I am a Michael Bay fan.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 21:50   Link #1130
Mazryonh

Despite the problems with how short the arcs are, I'm liking this setup. We get to see how each heroine develops a relationship (or has one in waiting blossom) with Haruka, and I think so far it's sweet and well-written, with good performances from the seiyuus. I definitely would have liked to have seen this kind of format (along with the less-censored-than-usual "happy endings) for Utawarerumono or Shuffle!. For Amagami it's a little disappointing how in some cases the heroines seem to "just stay friends" with Junichi in some endings.

Oh, and I'm glad that with the omnibus format the comparisons to School Days are gone. The only connection the VN and anime have with School Days is that two of the seiyuus in Yosuga No Sora worked on School Days.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 23:57   Link #1131
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
You know, I had a few points to make about the episode but after reading the posts thus far on it, I completely forgot what I was going to say simply because of the fact that I'm dumbfounded by the number of people that are complaining about the sex scenes in this show that you all knew were going to happen.

It's been established well over a month ago that this isn't a kids show, and is most certainly not targeting that age group. Every other post thus far has been "OMG Teh seks! Boo! *hiss*"

I'm guessing you children were also too traumatized by Haru having sex with his steady girlfriend to notice how cute Sora was in the omake wearing the nurse outfit. Best part of the episode IMO.

I for one can't wait for episode 7, I'm hoping we get to see a lot of Sora taking initiative and letting her dark side out against her 'opponent'.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-09 at 00:01. Reason: Please don't leave hints of future ccntents based on what you've read
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 01:14   Link #1132
HandofFate

hm, I find myself actually liking Kazuha's route over Akira's.

Spoiler for Episode 6 Akira Ender:
Old 2010-11-09, 01:18   Link #1133
dark998

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Next week is Nao's route. I thought episode 7 was the branching point of both her and Sora but according to Kaoru Chujo spoiler, it is actually episode 8.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 01:36   Link #1134
Zexas

EP 6

Pretty good. I especially like the scene with her grandpa

At first I kind of worried on how they will represent the climax of akira arc (given the limited time that they got) But they manage to make it passable enough by using Kazuha mother in more active role

Anyway kind of dissapointed that they didn't explain the reason why Kazuha father won't adopt Akira.

Spoiler for Reason:

PS:
Next would be Nao - Well as a character some people might hate her but if you're looking for more drama then Nao arc would be really enjoyable
Old 2010-11-09, 01:53   Link #1135
HandofFate

Nao had very little screentime in my memory, so to me, she's gonna be a total fresh stale for me.

Where at least back in episode 1, Akira and Kazuha had decent setup screentime.
I know Nao appeared, but she left very weak impressions.
Old 2010-11-09, 01:58   Link #1136
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Next week is Nao's route. I thought episode 7 was the branching point of both her and Sora but according to Kaoru Chujo spoiler, it is actually episode 8.
I think the reason for the speculation is that the title of episode 7 is ツミナオトメラ, which doesn't contain "Sora" in it. We know based on the Blu-Ray solicitations that at least one of the episodes in the Nao/Sora storylines must be shared (since there are 12 episodes in all, and Nao will have 4 and Sora 5).

Spoiler for Expansion on the 2ch speculation, and my own speculation:
Old 2010-11-09, 02:05   Link #1137
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Yeah, Akira's ending definitely wasn't as strong as Kazuha's, the thing with Kazuha's mother felt more like a side issue than anything, and whether it turned out good or bad, it wouldn't have made Akira happy. Also, the sex scene came off as a bit comical to me.

Still, beautifully done as always, and the damn soundtrack is starting to automatically trigger crying for me...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 02:45   Link #1138
ZeKeR
Superbad

well at least this was over with a fight... next is probably a two episode shot... i think...
Old 2010-11-09, 02:51   Link #1139
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Yeah, Akira's ending definitely wasn't as strong as Kazuha's, the thing with Kazuha's mother felt more like a side issue than anything, and whether it turned out good or bad, it wouldn't have made Akira happy. Also, the sex scene came off as a bit comical to me.

Still, beautifully done as always, and the damn soundtrack is starting to automatically trigger crying for me...
Yeah dude completely agree with you. Even if you wanted to compare sex scenes....Kazuha had it better.

Some stuff seemed a bit forced though.
Old 2010-11-09, 03:50   Link #1140
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 6:
Wanted to respond to this with a bit of a different perspective.
Spoiler for Episode 6:

Quote:
Overall ... not sure what to say of the episode, aside of the fact my heart weeps at how much of Akira's arc was sacrificed to the time constraints. Nothing to be done there though, such is the nature of the show. Pretty much everything was heavily altered compared to how things went in the VN, so i would have a hard time knowing where to start with a "episode 6 comparison to corresponding game events". Guess i will do that tomorrow with a clearer head. Meh, say no to time constraints!
I agree with you that the anime ended up taking a rather different path to deliver largely the same effect, but the one thing I think was interesting about the approach here was that they were able to cover completely different territory despite the overlap. In Kazuha's story, she was looking most for approval/affirmation, hence the emphasis on her father. In Akira's story, she was looking most for love/affection, hence the emphasis on Kazuha mother. This is a pretty good contrast for us as viewers, and really plays well from a "both sides of the story" perspective. It's also interesting to note that, in both stories, Haruka's "approach" of the heroines fit into this need perfectly, so there was very good parallelism at work here.

I will agree that this episode in particular felt super-compressed though, and I honestly felt that it suffered a bit for it. It felt like they could have at least used even an extra minute or two to expand on a few scenes. For example, I thought the train scene needed just a few shots of them in the train travelling around to help deliver the point that they went out and came back. It was conveyed clearly through dialog, but a visual would have helped a bit. Little things like that here and there probably would have given the episode the needed "space".

That said, one thing that struck me about this episode is that the theme of "In solitude, where we are least alone" is actually starting to come through for me, and in a way that's maybe a bit stronger than in the game. Particularly powerful here was Akira's illustration of how everyone she's ever loved went away; the anime accented this beautifully with the visual of Sora and her doll. Reaching out to someone and making yourself vulnerable leads to deeper wounds, so without that you actually risk less. Hence Akira's argument that by not falling in love, she actually ends up being less alone ("in solitude, where we are least alone"). But Haruka's counterargument (and the counterargument of the whole show by proxy) is that "the fact that two were once in love lasts forever". This is interesting because of Kazuha's mother's story to Akira and her basis for starting over: "It's true that I once held you and found you unbearably cute" -- that past feeling can be rekindled because "love is an eternal truth". It's also interesting as a message for this anime where we are in fact constantly going through different arcs and witnessing various realities where love does and doesn't come into fruition -- is "the fact that the two were once in love" the important take away? It also supports Akira's argument that "all love disappears"; we as viewers move into the next episode, and it's gone.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation