AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-01-05, 07:39   Link #1161
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's a pretty high ranking, one this series deserves. I'm glad the hiatus didn't hurt the series.
Old 2021-01-05, 09:49   Link #1162
James Rye

That it still sells 330k-340k before dropping outta the top100 ranking AFTER the 2 years hiatus is one of the things nobody predicted or expected. Everyone was like 100k would still be good after such a long time and then boom, it just keeps going and hopefully the anime gonna help to increase its sales a bit, if even only slightly.

Man, I can't wait for the 205 translation, I want it now! >.<
Old 2021-01-05, 11:13   Link #1163
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler 205:
Spoiler for 205:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 11:23   Link #1164
Tenzen12

I don't think Chika can serve as shooter in any capacity. Being able fire lot of projectiles doesn't make you competent frontline fighter.
Old 2021-01-05, 12:10   Link #1165
James Rye

But what she can be is being a mobile fortress, basically she puts up two shields and lets Ninochunni shots his two different types of shooter bullets at the same time without having to worry about def while having two snipers cover his butt. XD
Old 2021-01-06, 11:25   Link #1166
James Rye

Chapter is out, we can stop talking in spoilers!

Lol, Wakamura picking Hyuse as Katori surrogate. He is right about the fighting part but I wonder how this team composition will thrive in isolation. xD

Katori being the one saying Suwa should have picked Kitora was funny as well. Seems like she has bitched quite a bit about Osamu since Hana said her friend is now on the same team as Mikumo.

And Nino not caring about the third poll and just picking Ema for the sake of shipping, sorry, because it is convenient that the two are friends. xD

Ultima being greedy is nice as well, think besides the three stooges from the entrance test he is the first agent to be so open about doing this for money. Given his looks and that he gonna get screentime being in Kuga's team and is the sole Solo agent as a team I expect him to be a fav of quite some readers.

Interesting that the A ranks gonna judge the others, especially since there are already A agents in the test itself. I am just glad we finally got to see all the A agents now, I think the twintail girl is the captain of that team with the Nr.1 Gunner who is such a nice guy and chatterbox with a whole bunch of information about everyone in Border. Will be interesting to see how an Operator works both as Operator and as Captain.
Old 2021-01-06, 11:45   Link #1167
Blaat

A ranks aren't just going to judge in phase 1, they will also participate in phase 2 so we might get a long A vs B fight in phase 2.

And yes Katori's reaction to being in the same team as Mikumo was hilarious. While Ewa's desire to be in Chika's team was adorable.
Old 2021-01-06, 12:16   Link #1168
James Rye

^Kage must have been so annoyed though sitting next to Ema with his desperate emotions focused like that. XD
Old 2021-01-06, 13:52   Link #1169
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Chika and Yuzuru were very cute.

We still don't know why Suwa chose the way he did.

Plot twist: he's as much of a shipper as Ninomiya, but he's into crack pairings.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2021-01-06 at 16:49.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-06, 16:29   Link #1170
James Rye

I think he just doesn't wanna get bored during the isolation phase and Osamu plus Katori would make plenty for entertainment. XD

That and probably not wanting a 2nd Trionlet in the team with Kitora.^^
Old 2021-01-06, 19:47   Link #1171
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I feel both happy and sorry for Ema. Happy because he got what he wanted, and sorry because Ninomiya gives no shit about him as a fighter. I wonder if he even plans on including him in his strategies at all, he might just tell him to hide with bagworm and do nothing during fights or even to bail out at the first opportunity depending on how fights will work.
Old 2021-01-06, 23:16   Link #1172
Wandering Soul

Ema and Chika are just too cute. Ninomiya may not be Ema's favorite person, but he did him a favor here

If nothing else, Suwa's team won't lack for entertainment
Old 2021-01-07, 10:59   Link #1173
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I’m a bit surprised Suwa went that way with the options still on the table. But the potential strategic reasons were broken down last month so I still mostly get it. A bit too bad since it would have been more fun with Kitora on Osamu’s team. Oh well I guess the only pick made for shipping was for Ema there.

Good chapter overall.
Old 2021-01-07, 21:21   Link #1174
DemonOfWrath

Yeah, a little surprised Suwa had the option (I figured he wouldn't), but it does make sense. Katori is sort of a Kuga-lite, so style-wise she'd probably fit with Osamu much better compared to Kitora, who all the times we've seen her has been more of a lone agent.

I'm assuming Suwa's idea is to be tactically flexible, where he/Osamu/Katori can operate as a unit and either stay at range and enable Suwa to shotgun people, or provide cover for Katori to go ham, depending on the situation (and Katori definitely fits that idea better than Kitora). His squad seems to have a lot of potential options (and some of the others are very one-dimensional).

Also something I saw somewhere else that makes a ridiculous amount of sense, having two wire users negates another of Osamu's big weaknesses, which is the logic people have hunted him down early by: Wires->Osamu is nearby.

With two people who can set up wires all of a sudden that isn't a guarantee. There's a world of hurt in store if you go in assuming an easy Osamu kill and it's actually Katori there, which means everyone else can't go in gung-ho if they see wires with just one person in/nearby.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 17:16   Link #1175
James Rye

I just wanna say this first episode of the second season was what I always wanted for WT and I hope it will be able to give WT more popularity so that more people read the manga and ofc buy it.
God, I wish there was a german company translating it in Germany but there is only french, english ofc and spanish.... damn you germany!
Old 2021-01-11, 15:09   Link #1176
James Rye

Spoiler for Japanese Artists love the team shuffle^^:

Honestly though I wonder how Utagawa will deal with Shiki's Androphobia because that will really be in the way of communications. Maybe he will have all of his members have to wear female trion bodies so that she is more at ease with them? I know the artists drawing Yuuma as a girl would be really pleased with that. XD

Suwa's first team meeting is also something I look really forward to.^^
Old 2021-01-12, 19:28   Link #1177
Wandering Soul

^Can't blame them. I'm looking forward to the team meetings too.
Old 2021-01-26, 12:42   Link #1178
James Rye

Spoiler for Volume 23 Cover:

That was unexpected then again that reveal was actually a pretty damn big thing and it happened in chapter 200 as well. Should have seen it coming. Hope the big sis gets more screentime in future chapters.^^

Spoiler for I can't believe we are only in the 4th month of WT. God, I am old...:

This honestly speaks really well for Osamu, to improve so much in just three months. Sure he is no A-rank material (or upper B-rank for that matter) but he is solid for what he got and compared to the start he leveled up several times by now.^^

Last edited by LKK; 2021-01-26 at 13:39. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use Edit button instead.
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-28, 17:20   Link #1179
James Rye

World Trigger will be absent in the issue #3 of JumpSQ that will be published on February 4 because Daisuke got a sudden illness (not covid), seems like he is resting well and will comeback in the #4.

Spoiler for Let's pray...:

Man, I really wanted to see the new Suwa team meeting. Oh well, next month then. Ashihara's health is more important considering he needs to be able to draw like another 100-200 chapters or even more at the rate he tells his story and all the twists and thoughts put into it. Probably closer to 300.
Old 2021-01-31, 17:54   Link #1180
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Man, I really wanted to see the new Suwa team meeting. Oh well, next month then. Ashihara's health is more important considering he needs to be able to draw like another 100-200 chapters or even more at the rate he tells his story and all the twists and thoughts put into it. Probably closer to 300.
Assuming he keeps the current pace of one chapter per month, another 300 chapters would mean he'd have to keep going for three decades

Tags
action, shounen stargate