AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-04-26, 23:44   Link #1161
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

So out of the 54 unbound delegates PA, 31 from the "Trump Slate" won and 11 from the "supports winner of the district"-Slate won and 8 from the "uncommitted" slate won, so Trump is projected to get the support of 42-50 delegates at the convention, unless he gets "backstabbed" by them at the convention.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2016-04-27 at 01:22.
Old 2016-04-26, 23:52   Link #1162
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So out of the 54 unbound delegates PA, 31 from the "Trump Slate" won and 11 from the "supports winner of the district"-Slate won and 8 from the "uncommitted" slate won, so Trump is projected to get the support of 41-49 delegates at the convention, unless he gets "backstabbed" by them at the convention.
Wth are those craps?

This kinda reminded me back when I was small, and we invent a new game out, and just keep adding on new rules. Until my parent or someone ask what we play and what is the rule....

"If I can move there, I will win 10 points, unless the horse here turned out to be a zebra, which means I only get 8 points. But I only get that 8 points if my total farm animal is reaching the half threshold at the end. Otherwise we will have to play paper-scissor-rock to decide who will be the game hero" <--- crap like this
Old 2016-04-27, 00:03   Link #1163
Brother Coa
Banned

So it will be pretty much Trump vs Hilary for the main race?

Shame about Bernie.
Old 2016-04-27, 00:11   Link #1164
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Wth are those craps?

This kinda reminded me back when I was small, and we invent a new game out, and just keep adding on new rules. Until my parent or someone ask what we play and what is the rule....

"If I can move there, I will win 10 points, unless the horse here turned out to be a zebra, which means I only get 8 points. But I only get that 8 points if my total farm animal is reaching the half threshold at the end. Otherwise we will have to play paper-scissor-rock to decide who will be the game hero" <--- crap like this
to be fair though, Trump could potentially get more delegates through this than if the PA contest had 71 delegates divided strictly proportional. There is a higher risk though due to the delegates being unbound.
Old 2016-04-27, 00:43   Link #1165
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The question will be, at what point with civilization have more people than it has jobs to fill? When automation is to the point where you don't need people for service and labor?
Old 2016-04-27, 00:50   Link #1166
yulinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The question will be, at what point with civilization have more people than it has jobs to fill? When automation is to the point where you don't need people for service and labor?
Overpopulation? We have overpopulation when we invented Antibiotic and also that German-Jewish guy who invent fertilizer.
Old 2016-04-27, 01:25   Link #1167
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Exactly. The phobia of changing the education to more modern standards is a problem in that regard. I mean how will it benefit our lives to analyze poetic texts multiple times throughout school? And that as part of the obligatory curriculum! How about we get more obligatory basic computer science lessons and basic economics lessons instead?
Old 2016-04-27, 02:21   Link #1168
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Exactly. The phobia of changing the education to more modern standards is a problem in that regard. I mean how will it benefit our lives to analyze poetic texts multiple times throughout school? And that as part of the obligatory curriculum! How about we get more obligatory basic computer science lessons and basic economics lessons instead?
But why focus on that when US policy has always been to have experts in various fields immigrate to USA and have US population do manual labor instead?

But I do agree that US should focus at providing further free basic education to it's citizens.
Old 2016-04-27, 03:42   Link #1169
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Trump already has more primary votes than Romney had when the 2012 primaries finished.

EDIT: There are a few statements by Cruz in the past that came back to haunt him much later on, something which didn't really happen to Trump. Here are a few (some paraphrased due to not being able to find all sources right now:

"I think most people know exactly what New York values are. [...] Everyone understands that the values of New York City are socially liberal, are pro abortion, are pro gay marriage and focus around money and the media. And I guess I can frame it another way: not a lot of conservatives come out of Manhattan. I am just saying."
"There is this wet dream of the establishment to throw in their white knight candidate into the convention. That won't happen. We will beat Donald where we should: At the ballot box!"
"I need about 80%. That sounds like a high threshold, but it's actually not nearly as daunting as it sounds, because most of the remaining states are winner-take-all or winner-take-most. If we can win those states over 50% we will end up north of 80% of the delegates."
"John Kasich is a honorable man, but he has no mathematical path to 1237. He should drop out."
"No one will get to 1237. I will get a ton of delegates. Donald will get a ton of delegates. Neither of us will be able to clinch the nomination outright. This is headed into a contested convention."

Or as Trump puts it: "Lyin' Ted. We call him LYIN' Ted. Bible high! Puts it down! And then he lies! LYIN' Ted."

EDIT2: Wow, that Morning Joe Trump call-in interview. You wanted "presidential Trump"? Well there you get him. He slipped up once and said "Lyin' Ted Cruz" once, but other than that he was very calm, almost as if he was still a bit sleepy actually. But his choice of words is much more... polite than usually. He used the words "Ted", "John", "Marco" and no 'inflammatory' language.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2016-04-27 at 06:04.
Old 2016-04-27, 07:43   Link #1170
GDB

Quote:
It ALREADY has more people than jobs. Where have you been?
Old 2016-04-27, 07:59   Link #1171
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It ALREADY has more people than jobs. Where have you been?
In fact the basis of capitalism is to have more people than jobs. There will always be unemployment (unless you go full communism) hence a certain level of welfare/charity is a must in all capitalist society

It's the whole supply and demand thingy, you almost never have a lengthy amount of overdemand of anything. Maybe you can name like new Iphone or whatever for a week or a month. But there are billions other products that always being oversupplied.

Quote:
EDIT2: Wow, that Morning Joe Trump call-in interview. You wanted "presidential Trump"? Well there you get him. He slipped up once and said "Lyin' Ted Cruz" once, but other than that he was very calm, almost as if he was still a bit sleepy actually. But his choice of words is much more... polite than usually. He used the words "Ted", "John", "Marco" and no 'inflammatory' language.
I guess these? I haven't watched it yet through

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe
Old 2016-04-27, 08:02   Link #1172
yulinard

Quote:
This message has been deleted by CrowKenobi. Reason: Pointless...
Oh really? Now arguing against free college just because marxist education is considered hate speech?

Quote:
In fact the basis of capitalism is to have more people than jobs. There will always be unemployment (unless you go full communism) hence a certain level of welfare/charity is a must in all capitalist society
America and Europe used to be not a welfare state. Is this also hate speech?
Old 2016-04-27, 08:08   Link #1173
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulinard View Post
Oh really? Now arguing against free college just because marxist education is considered hate speech?

America and Europe used to be not a welfare state. Is this also hate speech?
Yes, pointless speech is hate speech. Just like America is welfare state. And college tuition-free means every class will teach Marxism.

You have the right to believe whatever you want
Old 2016-04-27, 08:17   Link #1174
yulinard

Quote:
Yes, pointless speech is hate speech. Just like America is welfare state. And college tuition-free means every class will teach Marxism.

You have the right to believe whatever you want
Oh come on! Do you believe every college course equally valuable? If you think sociology worth the same as STEM and both should be free, I wont argue because I will never change your mind. If you think STEM are much more valuable than sociology then we can have discussion.

Oh and You can have capitalism without welfare.
Old 2016-04-27, 08:25   Link #1175
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Oh come on! Do you believe every college course equally valuable? If you think sociology worth the same as STEM and both should be free, I wont argue because I will never change your mind. If you think STEM are much more valuable than sociology then we can have discussion.

Ok, so the government should have a list of what university can teach students, and what they can't teach then? And I guess jail any professors who teach any of those harmful 'sociology' class?

Of course, a capitalist government without welfare. The time before social program like medicare, social security, free mandatory education exist. Like during industrial revolution perhaps? Great time.

There is a running joke about how the more the left running far to the left, the more they become similar to the far right. I guess the truth apply to far right as well
Old 2016-04-27, 08:33   Link #1176
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:

It's a bit hard to take you seriously when you don't even know what Sociology is.
Old 2016-04-27, 08:35   Link #1177
yulinard

Quote:
Ok, so the government should have a list of what university can teach students, and what they can't teach then? And I guess jail any professors who teach any of those harmful sociology class?

Of course, a government without welfare. The time before social program like medicare, social security, free mandatory education exist. Like during industrial revolution perhaps? Great time.
They should. If you want your welfare state running you should keep stream of new tax payer steady.

I don't recall my primary, secondary, high school is free and I live in a capitalist country. So yes. You can have capitalism without welfare. And mandatory education can exist with or without capitalism. As long as the government in question believe that illiterate subject is a worthless subject.

Also I never say anything about jailing professor. You are strawmaning me. Also who decide which discussion is pointless. I don't think arguing sociology and STEM is pointless. more if you want both to be free...ahem paid by other tax payer.
Old 2016-04-27, 08:39   Link #1178
yulinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's a bit hard to take you seriously when you don't even know what Sociology is.
I know they paid less than STEM, and not that much sough after since my uncle get his Green card just because he is an IT engineer and 15 years latter he still say that you guys still don't have enough of them. Even Donald Drump Said himself he'll give "special exception" on STEM immigrant.
Old 2016-04-27, 08:46   Link #1179
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
They should. If you want your welfare state running you should keep stream of new tax payer steady.

I don't recall my primary, secondary, high school is free and I live in a capitalist country. So yes. You can have capitalism without welfare. And mandatory education can exist with or without capitalism. As long as the government in question believe that illiterate subject is a worthless subject.

Also I never say anything about jailing professor. You are strawmaning me. Also who decide which discussion is pointless. I don't think arguing sociology and STEM is pointless. more if you want both to be free...ahem paid by other tax payer.
Wait where did you grow up again? Wasn't it Singaporean where most of the public school fees were heavily subsidized by the government, and hundreds of kindergartens were fully funded by the only ruling party on the (is)land?

And who decide which discussion is pointless? The one who want to burden students with debts because they want to study a certain class, I guess?

No seriously, if the university is fully funded or heavily subsidized by the government. How does government prevent professors from teaching "sociology"? Jail them? Or do you means killing drones? That is a bit too much isn't it?
Old 2016-04-27, 10:53   Link #1180
yulinard

Quote:
Wait where did you grow up again? Wasn't it Singaporean where most of the public school fees were heavily subsidized by the government, and hundreds of kindergartens were fully funded by the only ruling party on the (is)land?

And who decide which discussion is pointless? The one who want to burden students with debts because they want to study a certain class, I guess?

No seriously, if the university is fully funded or heavily subsidized by the government. How does government prevent professors from teaching "sociology"? Jail them? Or do you means killing drones? That is a bit too much isn't it?
I already explain that to you. Government regardless communism or capitalism as long they think illiterate subject is a worthless subject will give basic education. So at least their subject can read. Not all government think being literate is a good thing and they will not provide basic education to their subject, capitalism or not.

Also university is way beyond being literate. Since its investment of your future. People who enter university does not study "just because" they have liking on certain subject, they are preparing for their future career. Including planing how to pay their student debt BEFORE enrolling.

Those professors can just start "private" universities independent from government control to teach whatever they want. Sociology, Social Justice, Woman studies, Black studies, Theology, Whatever. But they wont get single cent from government. And I think that's fair.
Closed Thread

Tags
2016 caucuses, 2016 elections, 2016 primaries, us elections